facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 10, 2012, 11:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Dhaka, Oct 10 (bdnews24.com) - The 2012-13 National Cricket League (NCL), the country's lone first-class competition, will start from Oct 20.
This was decided after a meeting of the newly formed governing committee which was presided over by BCB Senior Vice-President Mahbubul Anam, who is also the Convener at the Bangladesh Cricket Board's Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium headquarters on Wednesday.
Later at a press briefing, Anam said that players would receive Tk 40,000 as match fee instead of the existing Tk 20,000 per match. The 12th and 13th player named in the list will receive a third of that amount while the 14th member will get a fourth of the fee amount.
Each of the teams can register upto five foreign players but only two will be allowed in the playing eleven on matchdays. And they must be first-class cricketers.
http://cricket.bdnews24.com/details....d=26&id=234065

Old October 10, 2012, 11:56 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Tk 40,000 as match fee instead of the existing Tk 20,000 per match
Superlike!!!

Ekhon perform koro, na hoile rastay giya bhikka koro
Old October 10, 2012, 02:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Anam said that players would receive Tk 40,000 as match fee instead of the existing Tk 20,000 per match. The 12th and 13th player named in the list will receive a third of that amount while the 14th member will get a fourth of the fee amount.
Didn't like it. What's the point of reduced fee for 12/13 and 14? I would have preferred the same for all of them. OR

Same for 12/13/14 all of them....

Otherwise, it gives an opportunity for people to use tis power to manipulate players...I.e. "Oi Baeta, beshi Kotha kobina, taile 14 number bajaye dimu" this attitude is there in all corrupt management ...

But first of All, Match fees should be connected with winning and losing. Winning team should get a better match fee, that would bring more competitive attitude amongst the teams. A culture could be built at the domestic level....
Old October 10, 2012, 02:46 PM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Didn't like it. What's the point of reduced fee for 12/13 and 14? I would have preferred the same for all of them. OR

Otherwise, it gives an opportunity for people to use tis power to manipulate players...I.e. "Oi Baeta, beshi Kotha kobina, taile 14 number bajaye dimu" this attitude is there in all corrupt management ...

But first of All, Match fees should be connected with winning and losing. Winning team should get a better match fee, that would bring more competitive attitude amongst the teams. A culture could be built at the domestic level....
I agree with whatever you mentioned in your post.

IMO, apart from the match fee difference between a winning and a losing side, there should also be personal bonuses. Like if you score a 50, you get a bonus of x. If you score a 100, get a bonus of y. If you take 5 wickets, get a bonus of z. Also, seasonal performances can be considered. If at the end of the season, if you have crossed a particular milestone, you get a good bonus. I'm not sure if this is in place for the NCL atm. But this is how it works in a Football contract.
Old October 10, 2012, 02:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun

IMO, apart from the match fee difference between a winning and a losing side, there should also be personal bonuses. Like if you score a 50, you get a bonus of x. If you score a 100, get a bonus of y. If you take 5 wickets, get a bonus of z. Also, seasonal performances can be considered. If at the end of the season, if you have crossed a particular milestone, you get a good bonus. I'm not sure if this is in place for the NCL atm. But this is how it works in a Football contract.

That would have been ideal.
Old October 10, 2012, 04:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun

maybe start bonus's with centuries for batsmen.
Old October 11, 2012, 03:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

40,000 taka to play one match is still a lot of money...
Old October 11, 2012, 07:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
40,000 taka to play one match is still a lot of money...
Thats like one month salary for some people
Old October 12, 2012, 01:48 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyface

Pitch with longer grass described as green pitch. It favours bowler than batsman as ball may behave erratically on longer or wet grass. Grass naturally attract moisture which ultimately help swing bowling.Green pitch make ball deviate off the pitch and in the air .
So any fast bowlers always enjoy bowling on green pitches . These grass and moisture help fast bowlers in bounce and swing.So both moisture in the air and grass helps swing bowling.
http://www.indiastudychannel.com/exp...s-cricket.aspx

Abar chotha, churi, or cheating. Garbage in, garbage out.
Old October 12, 2012, 05:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Today P Alo published a very good article describing the situation of the F C league. Board is still undecided about franchise league or divisional league. They are making it like a hedge potch as they always do.
Old October 12, 2012, 09:34 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel

Swing is movement in the air. It has nothing to do with grass on the wicket. Swing depends on things like moisture in the air, crosswinds and other weather related factors.

One should hope that a master of copy/paste cricketing expertise with strong opinions on the local scene would know at least that much about the game.
I like to agree to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyface

Pitch with longer grass described as green pitch. It favours bowler than batsman as ball may behave erratically on longer or wet grass. Grass naturally attract moisture which ultimately help swing bowling.Green pitch make ball deviate off the pitch and in the air .
So any fast bowlers always enjoy bowling on green pitches . These grass and moisture help fast bowlers in bounce and swing.So both moisture in the air and grass helps swing bowling.
Off the pitch movements aren't called swing.. Grass definitely helps to bounce, seaming and cutters...etc etc

SWING BOWLING
Old October 12, 2012, 09:36 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid

That poster also used the word 'Swing' in a wrong way... The side effect of copying ..
Old October 12, 2012, 12:40 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Old October 12, 2012, 12:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Why can't they plan at least a year ahead?? How these kind of things can even be organized in such short notice?? Same thing happened itch BPL, if they would do the first BPL in 2013 they would have enough time to organize it in a much better way. Always in a hurry to do things, but in a messy way... As if quality of work really doesn't matter to them. Just busy to to take credit, I have done this and that bla bla... That's the reason they do it...

LK will keep referring all his life, I was the person to start franchise based NCL, I was the person to start BPL ... But at the cost f it's quality ... And these are rather damaging our reputation every where...we are already seeing the opinions on BPL... Now a 4 team franchise based NCL.. Why can't they organize the franchises and do it in a more organized way with all 8 teams, next year??
Old October 12, 2012, 01:12 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

BCB dont know what they are missing out by not improving their domestic structure.

West Indies, Zimbabwe receive total of $4.5m by ICC

West Indies and Zimbabwe have become the first Full Member nations to receive ICC funding totalling $4.5m over a three-year period as part of its Targeted Assistance and Performance Programme (TAPP) aimed at developing more competitive teams at the highest level.

read full:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/c...ry/586476.html
Old October 12, 2012, 01:40 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:

Obviously such manipulation already exists - its called being dropped for not being good enough to play in the first XI! Why should a waterboy get the same match fee as someone who actually took part in the game?

I agree on bonuses being given on the basis of good performances though....
Old October 12, 2012, 03:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Obviously such manipulation already exists - its called being dropped for not being good enough to play in the first XI! Why should a waterboy get the same match fee as someone who actually took part in the game?
This is where we need a major change in our attitude. A 12/13/14 may not necessarily mean that they are water boys. They are kept in the team of 15for some purpose and conditions suitable for them. They might be useful for a particular pitch, condition, team etc. just because of this attitude, we play favorites with those posts and fav our pets, so basically that exposes our "doinnota" in formulation of strategies.

We Can pick up any 15 of any team in the world where this game is played... At least in the first lass level and see, who is a water boy there... Carrying water for a team member doesn't make anyone a water boy, we aren't talking about our Para/Goly team...
Old October 12, 2012, 06:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid

Zunaid bhai strikes again.
Old October 12, 2012, 06:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I like to agree to this.

Off the pitch movements aren't called swing.. Grass definitely helps to bounce, seaming and cutters...etc etc

SWING BOWLING
They are both correct. No biased opinions please.
Old October 12, 2012, 06:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
They are both correct. No biased opinions please.
Please read their posts and then make this kind of nonsense comments.... There is no way in this god's earth that both can be correct... So please refrain from giving judgement like the Chief Justice, specially when you don't understand the subject you are talking about.

Its a nonsense, Until you can explain why and how both are right..... Eagerly Waiting for that. ..
Old October 12, 2012, 07:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Please read their posts and then make this kind of nonsense comments.... There is no way in this god's earth that both can be correct... So please refrain from giving judgement like the Chief Justice, specially when you don't understand the subject you are talking about.

Its a nonsense, Until you can explain why and how both are right..... Eagerly Waiting for that. ..
Overall Sohel bhai states that swing is due to weather conditions.
Overall uglyface states that swing can contribute from the type of pitch.

Both pitches and weather contribute to swing bowling. So therefore they are both correct. Whats the problem?
Old October 12, 2012, 07:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Overall Sohel bhai states that swing is due to weather conditions.
Overall uglyface states that swing can contribute from the type of pitch.

Both pitches and weather contribute to swing bowling. So therefore they are both correct. Whats the problem?
Problem is that, you haven't yet read their posts. And if you have read and still come up with this answer, then I guess I can figure out your problem...

Opinion One: Swing is movement in the air..I.e. before the ball lands on the pitch
Opinion Two: Swing is due to Grass on the pitch...I.e. referring to movements after the ball hits the pitch.

Now as I understand the pitch isn't on the air/part of air and I have never seen grass on the air... So how they can both be right...?? Do you get the problem?? Or not yet??

Quote:
The essence of swing bowling is to get the cricket ball to deviate sideways as it moves through the air towards or away from the batsman.
SWING BOWLING
Old October 12, 2012, 07:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Opinion One: Swing is movement in the air..I.e. before the ball lands on the pitch
Opinion Two: Swing is due to Grass on the pitch...I.e. referring to movements after the ball hits the pitch.
No because you are contradicting yourself. You said opinion two is 'due to' whereas opinion one you said 'is'. Ill be taking both opinions that you mentioned and i will put it together like this...

Swing is movement in the air which is due to the grass on the pitch.

Stop confusing yourself. Opinion 2 said that 'moisture in the grass' of a green pitch helps with the ball to deviate off the pitch or swing in the air. And your telling me i didnt read what he said?
Old October 12, 2012, 07:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Can someone please teach this lady how to say franchise?

Just when you think it's not possible for BCB to go any lower than where we are already, they surprise you all over again.
Old October 12, 2012, 07:58 PM
Cricket Legend

As this website states that when there is a green pitch the bowl is bound to swing.

Quote:
When a pitch has grass on it, the ball is bound to swing and hence the fast bowlers will find a good amount of help from such tracks. The grass will attract moisture which is needed for swing bowling. Thus green pitches always favor swing bowling/fast bowling as the ball will deviate off the pitch and in the air as well due to the cool climate where such pitches are found.

And you stated that...
Quote:
Now as I understand the pitch isn't on the air/part of air and I have never seen grass on the air... So how they can both be right...?? Do you get the problem?? Or not yet??
You think that the grass and pitch have to be in the air or part/of the air to make the ball swing.

And stop giving links to a wikipedia page. Wikipedia isnt a trust worthy source if you do not already know that.