facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 10, 2017, 03:58 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Default Time for some tweaks!

Given the recent performance of the Tigers and all the things happening off the field, its evident that things has to be changed. Right now we are not far away from the World Cup and that complicates things a fair bit. We are in a situation where we are more than halfway till the WC. The dilemma is whether it is too late to change with World Cup in sight? Or should things still be changed in order to avoid further damage to what looks like the strongest unit in our history?

Lets start with coaching,

As a coach, There are things I like about our coach and there are things that I find absolutely unacceptable. Haturi was good in working with the set of players he was given and work tirelessly to develop those players. Then with more power, he went out of his role and starting acquiring players that he thought would succeed. He started playing tic tac toe with the seniors and gave unlimited life lines to the players he fancies.

One of the leading sports reporter brought up a point I have been saying all along. How can you be the leading voice in the selection process when you dont know jack **** about the minor level? This needs to be changed immediately. Either ask our coach to watch a fair portion of the NCL, BCL, DPL games and continue to be the decision maker, OR step aside from the chief selection role and get BCB to hire someone (Not Nannu) to be the domestic talent scout and make them a key voice in the selection role. There are players that deserves an opportunity in the national setup based on their form alone. None and I mean NONE of the coach’s gambles have paid of. Soumya-Shabbir-Jubair-Hom-Tanbir, basically a list of "never performed in the domestics but may perform in international" players are being thrown in and given unlimited chances to make the coachi look like a Houdini. Our cores have brought in the results we cherish and it's high time the experiments STOP. We need to give the best possible players in combination of experience and talent to aid our cores for some consistent results and team stability.

Regarding captaincy, I hope that any doubt on Mashrafe’s captaincy is vanished for now and the management actively convinces and motivates Mashrafe to continue until the World Cup even if it means a reduced world load. The last thing we need right now, is to lose the only credible leader we have. We can already see the effect of an incapable leader like Mushfiqur Rahim. I know some of you guys are going to be like whaaaaaa? at me raising Mashrafe’s issue but I strongly believe, our coach is actively trying to replace Mashrafe with someone because A. Mash operates independently which our coach probably doesn't appreciate and B. he doubts Mash will make it till 2019. I believe Mash is on his fittest phase of his life and I believe if he is supported, he will easily make the 19 World Cup as a player alone. He is still our most consistent seamer and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Regarding Mushfiqur Rahim, well if he is still the captain after all of what happened, then I along with many other fans should stop watching test cricket. It's not even about the results. Winning was never on the cards and nor was drawing in South African conditions. But to get destroyed against a severely depleted South African bowling attack on 2 friendly tracks is out right pathetic. South Africa did not have AB de Villiers, Duminy, Steyn, Morkel, Philander, Morris. The batting collapses aren't Mushfiq’s fault but every time our batsmen came in, they were chasing a mammoth total and that's Mushy's fault. Our bowlers looked clueless and Mushy was no help. A captain is supposed to direct the bowlers in tough situations! Mushy was left crying about not having the gloves in his hand the entire time. I know this was all that was going in his head. He is selfish and emotional personnel who has never bothered to take risks and none of these mentioned deficiency should exist within a leader. Like the BCB chief Papon said, the remarks he made about the staff, about his players aren't just insulting to those individuals but it was a national embarrassment and we can't have that. Mushy has been a captain this long not due to his success but due to lack of alternative. But it's clear that he has destroyed any chemistry with his players (specially his bowlers) and that's the last straw. In an interview yesterday, Imrul said, "Whenever Mashrafe bhai is with us, everything changes. He motivates us and it's a different environment in the dressing room" That tells you that he is indirectly implying that things aren't working the same way when Mushy is the leader. Take that cue BCB! TAKE IT! There are 2 options in Shakib and Tamim and either one of them would be better than Mushy. giving captaincy would effectively force Shakib to take any further breaks and Tamim is also a lot more mature player who will at least be more professional.

Lastly, time to have a second look at our seamers. BCB can go ahead and fire Walsh, but the mistakes our bowlers are making isn't a coaching error. It's just plain stupidity! These bowlers can bowl bouncers, these bowlers can hit the deck hard, these bowlers can bowl the reverse swing, these bowlers bowl more accurate in ODIs. When you know they are capable of performing, you can't blame the coach anymore. It's all in their head. I would suggest bringing Mashrafe Bin Mortaza as a mentor for the test games to communicate with the bowlers in the dressing room and from the side boards. Our bowlers performed much better under Mash and it's evident in ODIs. Mash can communicate better with the bowlers better and can actually help Walsh in getting the message through. Mash with his situation cannot play tests. But he can be a mentor and communicator! Guys like Taskin, Mustafiz, Rubel, Roy highly respects Mash and has a great relationship. They understand him just as much as he understands them. That level of understanding can never be reached by a foreign coach. Guys like Walsh can work on their skills but when it comes to execution, Mash will be a better "executioner". Walsh has improved the players fitness and I think that will yield long terms dividends. Hopefully BCB takes a more analytical approach to fix these issue and ensure our success curve continues to grow upwards!

Last edited by Rinathq; October 10, 2017 at 08:29 PM..

Old October 10, 2017, 04:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Coaching changes it's probably too late, player selection can always be changed but it does need to be done soon if it's in regards to the WC. Anyone who might be factored into the WC needs to be in the setup now and getting matches and experience so shanto, liton, saifuddin, rony (if he's being considered), they all need to be around the ODI and t20I teams from now until the WC.

If mash can make it to WC keep him as captain but they need to be confident he can otherwise the team will be left high and dry with no time to recover.

No doubt mushy should be stripped of test captaincy, for the team, for himself.

Mash as a mentor in tests for the pacers? That's an idea, they may as well give it ago, can't get any worse than it currently is and he's done well as ODI captain.
Old October 10, 2017, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Coaching changes it's probably too late, player selection can always be changed but it does need to be done soon if it's in regards to the WC. Anyone who might be factored into the WC needs to be in the setup now and getting matches and experience so shanto, liton, saifuddin, rony (if he's being considered), they all need to be around the ODI and t20I teams from now until the WC.

If mash can make it to WC keep him as captain but they need to be confident he can otherwise the team will be left high and dry with no time to recover.

No doubt mushy should be stripped of test captaincy, for the team, for himself.

Mash as a mentor in tests for the pacers? That's an idea, they may as well give it ago, can't get any worse than it currently is and he's done well as ODI captain.
Its the only thing that I think would work. Mash could be the most successful mentor for these seamers. Guys like Taskin, Fizz, RBX, Roy highly respects Mash and has a great relationship. They understand him just as much as he understands them. That level of understanding can never be reached by a foreign coach. Guys like Walsh can work on their skills but when it comes to execution, Mash will be a better "executioner"
Old October 10, 2017, 07:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Bangladesh won't be great with Mushfekur in the team. I am not scapegoating him. I sincerely believe it is the truth.

See, leadership goes two ways. For all the good things you can speak of regarding mentorship. A bad mentor will ruin you the same way. Mooshfiqur has been ruining the boyz one by one. It is like a tumor that spreads.
Old October 11, 2017, 03:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Nice, I see bdcricteam published Rinat's post http://www.bdcrictime.com/2017/10/ti...adesh-cricket/
Old October 11, 2017, 04:19 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

This is very detailed...beautifully written.

But is this Saif Ahmed Chowdhury bhaiyo is our Rinat Apu?
I did not know that Rinat apu is actually a bhaiya!
That is very exciting. Rinat bahiyo, you are actually a MAN!
Old October 11, 2017, 06:14 PM
Cricket Guru

I hope that wasn't plagiarized from here

Edit: NVM, didn't see Rinats name at the bottom
Old October 11, 2017, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
This is very detailed...beautifully written.

But is this Saif Ahmed Chowdhury bhaiyo is our Rinat Apu?
I did not know that Rinat apu is actually a bhaiya!
That is very exciting. Rinat bahiyo, you are actually a MAN!
Apu?
You need to get married bruh
Old October 11, 2017, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Nice, I see bdcricteam published Rinat's post http://www.bdcrictime.com/2017/10/ti...adesh-cricket/
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
I hope that wasn't plagiarized from here

Edit: NVM, didn't see Rinats name at the bottom
Wasnt plagiarized. Shared it with this younger bro who is from BDcrictime and he published it.
Old October 12, 2017, 01:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
Wasnt plagiarized. Shared it with this younger bro who is from BDcrictime and he published it.
Mate, this is off-topic, but your shots are amazing. What cameras do you use.
Old October 12, 2017, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Mate, this is off-topic, but your shots are amazing. What cameras do you use.
Nikon D7200 with various mid tier lenses.. and thanks
Old October 12, 2017, 07:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

I love your photography rinathq bhai
Old October 13, 2017, 12:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Those are some sweet sweet pics. Is there a camera trick you can do to make the moon look that huge?
Old October 13, 2017, 06:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
Nikon D7200 with various mid tier lenses.. and thanks
What are your thoughts on the Canon 750D. For taking scenic photos and editing them later with Photoshop.
Old October 13, 2017, 10:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Those are some sweet sweet pics. Is there a camera trick you can do to make the moon look that huge?
https://photo.stackexchange.com/ques...rge-moon-views

Or it could just be a supermoon
Old October 14, 2017, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
I love your photography rinathq bhai
Thanks
Old October 14, 2017, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Quote:
https://photo.stackexchange.com/ques...rge-moon-views

Or it could just be a supermoon
Thanks Roey. I shouldnt give my secrets away but they moon is shot separately with a zoom lens and the placed on top of where the moon is.
Old October 14, 2017, 01:40 AM

Quote:
What are your thoughts on the Canon 750D. For taking scenic photos and editing them later with Photoshop.
Its a decent camera. I am a Nikon guy though. (Used canon before) like Nikon better. I would recommend you to find Nikon D7100. Its a much camera and possibly at a lower price.