facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 14, 2011, 11:50 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: da silva
Default Tamim Solution?

If you have been watching the WC and other ODI's running up to this you will have noticed how Tamim cannot bat for very long. Bish, bash, bish and out. Recently he's been out for ducks and this is his third in 6 matches. His average is around 29 or 30, which is low for an opening batsman.

Why not open with SN and Imrul and have Tamim come in at 4 or 5? With SN and Imrul against NZ, they did pretty well as a pairing when Tamim was out injured. SN shows he can hit and also bat for a long time as can Imrul. Both are capable of scoring 100s.

The reason Tamim has been so effective (but not at all consistent) is he bats like a pinch hitter rather than a classy opening batsman. So the PP1 is an ideal time for him to throw the bat'. sadly it isn't really working anymore.

If he wants to play shots, let him bat in the middle order and take the batting PP we have been talking about on here for ages, as soon as he comes in. Then he can bat like normal AFTER we have had a solid start from SN, Imrul and Junaed.

It will give the line up a boost in the middle when we really need it and have been failing, thus correcting two issues in one go.

anyone think it might be a solution?

Old March 14, 2011, 11:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

I dont think Tamim would do that willingly
Old March 14, 2011, 12:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

After Ash now Tamim??
Old March 14, 2011, 12:04 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

opening pair is doing fine other then odd matches..i'll not brake them
First Class Cricketer

Dont agree. It is not the time to experiment with the batting order. His scores in this WC are : 70,44,0,38,0. He cant score in every match.. He will come back strong against SA.
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Please leave Tamim alone. He just had a bad game and will bounce back strongly
Old March 14, 2011, 12:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

I see no point.
Old March 14, 2011, 12:06 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
anyone think it might be a solution?
How about, NO.
Old March 14, 2011, 12:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by acbizz
Dont agree. It is not the time to experiment with the batting order. His scores in this WC are : 70,44,0,38,0. He cant score in every match.. He will come back strong against SA.
That makes his average just 30 again, not really acceptable for an international opening batter and someone who cannot bat for long as he gets out.

Just worries me he gets bowled a lot. For an opener he has no real answer to a swinging or moving ball. Steyn and Morkel are experts at that and then if we get past SA and qualify we likely to get Australia with lee, tait and Johnson.
Old March 14, 2011, 12:13 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: M'Dulla

NO!
Old March 14, 2011, 12:14 PM
First Class Cricketer

"For an opener he has no real answer to a swinging or moving ball."
and he has excellent record in England where swing is the king Like others I say the same leave Tamim alone. May be you can concentrate on Asrafool.
Old March 14, 2011, 12:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by acbizz
"For an opener he has no real answer to a swinging or moving ball."
and he has excellent record in England where swing is the king Like others I say the same leave Tamim alone. May be you can concentrate on Asrafool.
Not in ODI's, which is what we are talking about.
Old March 14, 2011, 12:18 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

tamim is fine. he might be a bit too attacking or so. but we have a world class batsman in tamim, and i believe none of us want to ruin that trying to move him around.

tamim has a free license to go for anything and everything. and thats the way he plays. maybe he himself shud apply himself slightly more carefully. that shud do it.
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old March 14, 2011, 12:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Might Be .. if at all it should be tried after the WC
Old March 14, 2011, 01:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Tamim still averaging 30+ in this world cup. He is going through a bad patch. Just RELAX.
Old March 14, 2011, 01:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW103
That makes his average just 30 again, not really acceptable for an international opening batter and someone who cannot bat for long as he gets out.

Just worries me he gets bowled a lot. For an opener he has no real answer to a swinging or moving ball. Steyn and Morkel are experts at that and then if we get past SA and qualify we likely to get Australia with lee, tait and Johnson.
Probably you forgot his performance in the last England tour. During early summer (which is ideal for seamers), he has ruled the English bowlers. Please don't judge a player with a short time performance.

How many BD players have 30+ average? He was averaging lower 20s only 2 years ago. He is improving the average which needs time.

He cannot bat for long yet he has scored a couple of centuries. Please check his stats carefully before making any comment.
Old March 14, 2011, 01:54 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Except for the wickets against West Indies, if you notice, Tamim never "threw" his wicket away. he tried to bat sensibly and got out. This is what happens when u make someone like Tamim vice- captain. You put the only proper batsman, plus an opening batsman a vice captain, you put too much pressure on him!
Old March 14, 2011, 01:59 PM
Club Cricketer

One of the biggest changes in the BD team over the last couple of years has been a strengthening of the top order. Tamim and Imrul have played a large part in this. We now usually get starts that at least give us a shot at winning the game, provided the middle order follow up with decent batting. Between 2000-2008, our ODI win ratio against the top 8 teams was 5.5% (6 wins out of 106 matches). From 2009 to date, that ratio has risen to 35% (10 wins in 28 matches).

I'm sure most of us remember the days when the top order collapsed like a house of cards in almost every other match. We were often out of the game within the first few overs. Khaled Masud Pilot and others in the lower middle order were left fighting for a "respectable defeat".

The batting problem now is with the middle order, not the top order. Let's focus on fixing what is not working, rather than indulging in a knee jerk reaction to tinker with what is for the most part working well.
Old March 14, 2011, 02:01 PM
Banned

he will be ok for big match.....not worry.
Old March 14, 2011, 02:20 PM
BC Editorial Team

TIK's biggest problem is he's letting himself go. He needs to get in shape so that he can attack the singles more aggressively. He's too dependent on boundaries lately. The other issue seems to be a newly found weaknesses against off-cutters on in-seamers pitched on leg or middle. The last two bowled outs have been carbon copy of each others. I'd not move TIK from the opening role. In fact SN with his great game against the spinners is our answer to the middle order.
Old March 14, 2011, 02:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Pola chaatgaya magar bhalo khele Dhaka te,most of his hundreds & other good innings came in Dhaka.
SO,don't worry,inshallah he will rock in his fav ground,and besides he usually comes back strongly after a "haash"
Old March 14, 2011, 02:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Tamim is incapable of playing long innings, eh?

Find out what are the longest innings in ODI and Test for Bangladesh. You'll find that if anybody knows how to PLAY, it's Tamim.

Our "Arm-chair Punditry" has destroyed players before. Don't even dare try that sh!t with Tamim.
Old March 14, 2011, 03:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW103
Yes thats why he was able to get hundreds against an English test attack (that wiped out the Aussies) in English conditions. At Old Trafford as well
Old March 14, 2011, 03:07 PM
Cricket Legend

send tamim at 4-5? WTF!
Hey i have a better solution for you ... why not clone ASH 10 more times and make a team of 11 ASH. Atleast 1/11 will give a eid innings with the bat and ball XD!
Old March 14, 2011, 04:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Tamim has been slow with his movement to get the bat behind the ball. Today one ball went past the defense, the next one bowled.

Group A Pak, NZ, Aus anyone can take number 1 position.

(Pakistan can top the group by beating Aus, and SL beating NZ).
(NZ can top the group by beating SL, and Pak beating Aus).
(Aus can top the group by beating Pak)
(Aus cannot go below number 2 position and Sri Lanka cannot get number 1 position)

So Bangladesh will have tough opponents to play. Where we will play QF in Bangladesh or outside?