facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old June 22, 2012, 07:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
There are two ways to up the NRR. Play aggressive and smart, or play aggressive and dumb. Some do it the second way.
There is nothing called aggressive and smart or agg... and dumb etc etc. Every player has their unique ways of playing and unique abilities. And they play to their strength and try to achieve the same objective. Some people like Tuk-Tuk and some like big hits in T20, however u term it.

To me and to many fans....it was ok for Ash to go for risky shots at that moment. Because we needed to up the NRR to go to final and we had wickets in hand. That was a good time to hit big shots IMO. Even i think Mullah's shot was ok even he got out in similar way. We had guys getting run out trying to take singles. None looks smart in getting out. Ash isn't a Tuk-Tuk smart that we know.

Ash is what he is and that's why he is Ash.....and I want him to remain the way he is.i don't think we need to call him dumb after making highest contribution for a winning cause. Best we could do today, is to thank the players after giving us the victory and celebrate forgetting our hate for a player who was instrumental to the victory. That's what a smart fan would do.

We can definitely criticize a player if a player fails to perform.

Old June 22, 2012, 07:30 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saifulsohel
Latest news: Today,Razzak also got injured on his thigh tissue!
Wow..Razzak has thigh tissue :P
Old June 22, 2012, 08:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Our T20 team seems to be in little bits and pieces. Anamul has been dissapointing at the top of the order. Junaid as well. We should really try Jahurul at no. 3. Since Ziaur is a bling slogger, lets try him as opening batsmen so he cab make some quick runs.

For the next game.
1. Mohammad Ashraful
2. Ziaur Rahman
3. Jahurul Islam
4. Mushfiqur Rahim
5. Mahmudullah
6. Nasir Hossain
7. Anamul Haque
8. Mashrafe Mortaza
9. Abdur Razzak
10. Elias Sunny
11. Nazmul Hossain
Old June 22, 2012, 08:56 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
please remain in this mode even when we lose... Oh Good to see you changed your sig. cheers.
but i dont like to be this way!!!!i like to be mean!!!but ok i'll try my best to stay like that!
Old June 22, 2012, 09:57 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
There is nothing called aggressive and smart or agg... and dumb etc etc. Every player has their unique ways of playing and unique abilities. And they play to their strength and try to achieve the same objective. Some people like Tuk-Tuk and some like big hits in T20, however u term it.

To me and to many fans....it was ok for Ash to go for risky shots at that moment. Because we needed to up the NRR to go to final and we had wickets in hand. That was a good time to hit big shots IMO. Even i think Mullah's shot was ok even he got out in similar way. We had guys getting run out trying to take singles. None looks smart in getting out. Ash isn't a Tuk-Tuk smart that we know.

Ash is what he is and that's why he is Ash.....and I want him to remain the way he is.i don't think we need to call him dumb after making highest contribution for a winning cause. Best we could do today, is to thank the players after giving us the victory and celebrate forgetting our hate for a player who was instrumental to the victory. That's what a smart fan would do.

We can definitely criticize a player if a player fails to perform.
Post of the Month.
Old June 22, 2012, 10:05 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Gower, Laxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Our T20 team seems to be in little bits and pieces. Anamul has been dissapointing at the top of the order. Junaid as well. We should really try Jahurul at no. 3. Since Ziaur is a bling slogger, lets try him as opening batsmen so he cab make some quick runs.

For the next game.
1. Mohammad Ashraful
2. Ziaur Rahman
3. Jahurul Islam
4. Mushfiqur Rahim
5. Mahmudullah
6. Nasir Hossain
7. Anamul Haque
8. Mashrafe Mortaza
9. Abdur Razzak
10. Elias Sunny
11. Nazmul Hossain
Top order is not the place for sloggers. You don't need to be a power hitter to score runs within powerplay. What needed are timing and placement. Ashraful and Tamim is the best possible option here. Ziaur is the worst possible gamble. Junaid will come good too. Jahurul lacks potency. I would like to see Anamul again if we could go through final.

It's difficult to conceive why Reza is given chance ahead of Nazmul.
Old June 22, 2012, 10:26 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

Ex: Kieron Pollard....being so strong, macho, and is someone where balls demand helmets facing him, yet he bats at like 6 or 7 for WI.....A team and the player himself needs to know where someone should bat....i say leave it to ZIA where he wants to bat but i prefer him matting at 6 or 7, so when he comes, his job will be to HIT! no dot balls!
Old June 22, 2012, 10:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_CLRJ
Top order is not the place for sloggers. You don't need to be a power hitter to score runs within powerplay. What needed are timing and placement. Ashraful and Tamim is the best possible option here. Ziaur is the worst possible gamble. Junaid will come good too. Jahurul lacks potency. I would like to see Anamul again if we could go through final.

It's difficult to conceive why Reza is given chance ahead of Nazmul.
Im talking about the next game where Tamim isnt going to play. My point is our top order hasnt been great. Ashraful has only performed. Tamim is doing alright but he is injured so Junaid is taking his place. Junaid hasnt been performing and neither has Anamul. If we can gamble on Ziaur to perform at the top then it might pay off. Also Jahurul surely deserves his chance.
Old June 22, 2012, 10:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

continue with anamul and bring in jahurul. junaid should have to wait to get more chances, 1 or 2 good BPL performances doesn't erase his previous international record, jahurul has been performing regularly for years domestically and he still hasn't been given enough chances to really see whether he's ready for international cricket or not, plus he did well in the warm-up he played.
Old June 22, 2012, 10:52 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, mushy

Its not that difficult to conceive why reza was given a chance ahead of stepson. He bowled well today right? 8 runs for two overs. His bowling has been good lately. I know he hit the full toss to the only fielder outside the thirty yard line but I think he can be a handy batsman if he concentrate on it or the coach help him out.