facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Shane Jurgensen to be sacked (If Bangladesh fail to win a Match in Asia Cup)?
Yes 17 47.22%
No 8 22.22%
Undecided- Wait until T20 11 30.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 26, 2014, 04:38 PM
Banned

Default Shane Jurgensen: Will he be sacked?

Suppose Bangladesh fail to win any of the remaining match's in the Asia cup will Shane J get the sack before the T20 World Cup? And can someone please tell me the role of a coach in terms of strategy on-field or is it solely depended on the captain? what input does Shane J have when mushy make's weird and strange on field decisions? This is a real test for Shane as a coach and I fear that he will be out soon? is it right to put all the blame on him or is it the lack of form e.g. Nasir costing us dearly? today we were 15-20 runs short and Nasir failed again! what is the coach doing to clear his mind?

Old February 26, 2014, 04:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

need jamie siddons or dave whatmore
Old February 26, 2014, 06:10 PM
Banned

Need a proper coach. These internship coaches don't make things work.
Wish we could bring back Stuart Law !
Old February 26, 2014, 07:59 PM
Cricket Sage

So it means, he can stay if we beat Afghanistan?

Hmmm... Shamey Kothin Porikha ....BAN vs AFG is do or die game for the coach.
Old February 26, 2014, 10:12 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

His primary job was to work with the fast bowlers. He has failed to show any improvements I think. Shahadat is out of the picture now, Shafiul doesnt know what he is doing, Rubel is still horrible with his economy rate, Mash has lost his venom. I havent seen any bowler who has improved under his guidance.

We got few success here and there under him. NZ and WI series were in our favor mainly because of their incapability of handling spin bowling.
Old February 26, 2014, 10:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

I feel that we actually need a change..
Old February 26, 2014, 10:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Looks like his deficiency is getting exposed to more and more people. But he won't get replaced anytime soon simply because no good coaches want to work here.
Old February 26, 2014, 11:55 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
His primary job was to work with the fast bowlers. He has failed to show any improvements I think. Shahadat is out of the picture now, Shafiul doesnt know what he is doing, Rubel is still horrible with his economy rate, Mash has lost his venom. I havent seen any bowler who has improved under his guidance.

We got few success here and there under him. NZ and WI series were in our favor mainly because of their incapability of handling spin bowling.
wasnot rubel our best bowler against Nz?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old February 27, 2014, 06:07 AM
Cricket Legend

I think BCB will stick with him. Lets not forget he is probably the most successful coach in our history results wise.

But i do expect BCB to hire a specialized batting coach. Unless they are really looking to save money
Old February 27, 2014, 06:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

What can you do when so many of our players are pretty much uncoachable, lazy, selfish and too easily self-satisfied, refuse to work hard on their own, and interested in early matrimony followed by castration by ball-busting, shrewish women from Bogura?

There's nothing a coach, any coach short of an all-powerful and brutal taskmaster can do when the players are free to tune them out and do what they want in the middle. That guy will never be hired by the BCB now run by the DPL Mafia.

Nachte na janle u'than baka!
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old February 27, 2014, 06:35 AM
Cricket Legend

And such a person may not want to coach Bangladesh, because the board will never give in to his demands.

Guys like SJ fits the boards requirement. They will quietly and obediently go about doing their jobs without much fuss. People like Richard Pybus on the other hand-quite a battle for BCB.
Old February 27, 2014, 07:57 AM
Cricket Sage

We don't fire coaches. Thats just not in our DNA. We could lose to Brazil in cricket, and we still won't fire the coach. He will be our coach until 2015 WC. After we get kicked out of the WC in the first round, we will get a new coach.
Old February 27, 2014, 08:13 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman

I think you are spot on, Asian teams play spin so well that our spin attack looks attenuated while facing them.
As for Jurg I don't think I ever gave him any credit for our success, I always thought under him our bowling didn't improve, some quality players like Momin ,Nasir or in form Gazi/Naeem joined the team and made us strong.
But now we need him the most as we are down, so let's see what he does.
what we need from him now is better strategies & if he can boost the teams moral.
Old February 27, 2014, 08:38 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
wasnot rubel our best bowler against Nz?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Ahnaf bhaia, Rubel won us two matches against NZ if i can recall correctly even though I personally think it was a jhor e bok type performance. Gazi on the other hand was invincible against them thanx to coach Saqlain. Even a bowler like Elius Sunny grabbed six wickets against WI. This indicates how poor WI and NZ are when it comes to facing spinners on a turning wicket.
Old February 27, 2014, 10:33 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I thought BCB extended his contract to 2015WC. So he won't be fired before then.

Even if they fire him after the T20 WC qualifying next month, they will take few months to only issue new applications and then few more months to interview and then finally decide. We won't get a new coach up until the end of this year. New coach will take forever just to know players and pronounce Mahmudullah and then we will get kicked out of WC in the 1st round.
Old February 27, 2014, 10:38 AM
Cricket Sage

I say why waiting for the series, sack him now. If you are not happy with his performcane how come few more games will make it a difference? Under him we had some reaaly good series, and we also have some disapointed series.

By this time there should be enough sample size to make a decision one way other.

But what is really interesting that after every loss, these kind of poll comes up more like a knee jerk reaction.

A coach cannot be in the spot-lite and in survival mode game by game basis. That takes away any kind of authoratative power that he needs to manage the players. This cannot be good for the team. based on his past performance either keep him or sack him.... but don't raise queation (to keep him or to sack him) after every bad game.
Old February 27, 2014, 11:21 AM
Banned

It is not after one game as the above poster commented. Do you know that we have not won a single international match in the last month or so? 2 t20+3ODI+2Test againt Sri Lanka! I don't see any guts or confidence in our players that can win us crucial moments in games. The confidence is something that is vital and mostly comes from the word of the coach and captain. Here we see that the captain is performing but others are lacking big time. My concern is for how long are we going to keep on losing? Can u imagine us not winning a single match in Asia cup?
Old February 27, 2014, 11:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by King13
It is not after one game as the above poster commented. Do you know that we have not won a single international match in the last month or so? 2 t20+3ODI+2Test againt Sri Lanka! I don't see any guts or confidence in our players that can win us crucial moments in games. The confidence is something that is vital and mostly comes from the word of the coach and captain. Here we see that the captain is performing but others are lacking big time. My concern is for how long are we going to keep on losing? Can u imagine us not winning a single match in Asia cup?
But the problem with the thread opener's suggestion is that he wants to wait to see if we win any games in Asia cup. The pole is with the assumption that if we lose all the games, should we keep or sack him. So theoritically speaking. if we win against AFG and lose badly against PAK and SRL,the poll becomes invalid.

My point is: We have seen enough of him to make up our minds. The poll should be: "should we sack him or keep him?"
Old February 27, 2014, 11:32 AM
Banned

I think one win is enough to please BCB even if it means the win comes against Afghanistan. It will cause chaos if we fail to beat anyone hence BCB might take tough measures
Old February 27, 2014, 11:34 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by King13
I think one win is enough to please BCB even if it means the win comes against Afghanistan. It will cause chaos if we fail to beat anyone hence BCB might take tough measures
but this poll is not about "what you you think BCB will do?" Rather its a fan's poll, i.e. what you would do?

Now comming to your prediction about BCB: I don't think BCB will sack JS even if we lose all the games, atleast not this year.
Old February 27, 2014, 01:31 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: taskin / anamul

none need to be sacked , the people that need to be sacked are bcd president nazmul hossain papon and dum selector faruq ahmed
Old February 27, 2014, 01:59 PM
First Class Cricketer

Overall, our bowling has not really improved at all. We are only good vs. Teams that are weak against spin...which excludes all the Asian teams. Coaching needs to be good from the first-class level and not just on the national team. Our players lack a lot of common sense that other players learn way before even playing for the national team.
Old February 27, 2014, 02:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
I think you are spot on, Asian teams play spin so well that our spin attack looks attenuated while facing them.
As for Jurg I don't think I ever gave him any credit for our success, I always thought under him our bowling didn't improve, some quality players like Momin ,Nasir or in form Gazi/Naeem joined the team and made us strong.
But now we need him the most as we are down, so let's see what he does.
what we need from him now is better strategies & if he can boost the teams moral.
Spot on !!! Just my thoughts.

I think he just got lucky to have a stronger team. He doesn't have any visible impact on the players performance as of yet like Whatmore or Siddons or Law had. But then again no coach can teach anything to our brainless players. So changing the coach won't make much of a difference IMO.
Old February 27, 2014, 10:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Getting a good coach these days is no easy matter either.

For instance, Sri Lanka had to almost agree with Marvan Attapatu until Paul Farbrace agreed to be considered. And no disrespect to him, but a country which has had Whatmore, Moody, Bayliss, Graham Ford as coaches can obviously aim higher.

Situation is such that most coaches these days look for short term stints. No one is willing to commit. Even Graham Ford didnt want to continue till World Cup 2015.

I shudder to think abt a new coach hunt and the types of candidates we ll be linked with. Better to stick to SJ and Corey Richards rather than having someone like Mark Greatbatch send us 2-3 years back. What BCB must do is boost this coaching team with a top quality batting coach, and hire a very good pace bowling coach for the Academy. And get the best out of Saqlain. Dont bring him on tour, get him to run camps.
Old March 1, 2014, 06:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

This guy has to go regardless of the result of this match. He is a very important member of the team management as the head coach. It was his responsibility to address the chronic tendency of our captain to set defensive field in the middle overs. This is not just a recent problem and it's been going on for a long time. Either he is not talking about this issue with Mushfiq or the players do not bother what he says. In either case, he is a failure as a head coach.