facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old June 15, 2016, 04:18 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
What is even more frustrating is that the wife seems to have helped him according to latest reports. How can the close family members not see this coming from individuals that do this? I can understand that guns common in US but the radical views should send red flags unless the extended family share the same views.
This short youtube video will answer your question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgFoeJaOHFw

Old June 15, 2016, 05:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Seems in oz we had a Imam who preached death penaulty for gays deported yesterday,he preached in Orlando.Don't know if there a link.
Good thing we need to get rid of all hate preaching imams.
Old June 15, 2016, 05:58 PM

Quote:
What is even more frustrating is that the wife seems to have helped him according to latest reports. How can the close family members not see this coming from individuals that do this? I can understand that guns common in US but the radical views should send red flags unless the extended family share the same views.
My question too.

From my personal experience, I feel that it is us, the parents, (as Muslim) we often fail to offer or provide a proper family environments to our kids to learn and respect other religion/nations/people/gender - you name it. Until we educate ourselves and stop living within our ghetto, we won't be able to free ourselves.
Old June 15, 2016, 06:54 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockley
Seems in oz we had a Imam who preached death penaulty for gays deported yesterday,he preached in Orlando.Don't know if there a link.
Deportation just means that the guy is now someone elses problem... Make no mistake, he is still a problem.
Old June 16, 2016, 12:33 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
Deportation just means that the guy is now someone elses problem... Make no mistake, he is still a problem.
1.6 billion muslims out of 7 billion. Deporting or ignoring the problem, or blaming some global conspiracy wont solve anything. I was born in the 80s. Through the 80, 90s we did not have terrorism of this magnitude. The difference between then and now is that back then middle east was stable.

We have to get those war torn countries back on track with stable governments. It does not have to be a democracy because that approach failed. It doesnt matter if its a despot like Asad or Saddam...just get these countries under a period of steady leadership and economic growth.

The second thing is to find a god damn two state solution for Israel and Palestine.

getting these two things done is the only way i feel we can reduce terrorism and developed nations must all unite to make this happen.
Old June 16, 2016, 07:48 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
1.6 billion muslims out of 7 billion. Deporting or ignoring the problem, or blaming some global conspiracy wont solve anything. I was born in the 80s. Through the 80, 90s we did not have terrorism of this magnitude. The difference between then and now is that back then middle east was stable.

We have to get those war torn countries back on track with stable governments. It does not have to be a democracy because that approach failed. It doesnt matter if its a despot like Asad or Saddam...just get these countries under a period of steady leadership and economic growth.

The second thing is to find a god damn two state solution for Israel and Palestine.

getting these two things done is the only way i feel we can reduce terrorism and developed nations must all unite to make this happen.

Totally agree,
I am not sure however if the majority Israelis and Palestenians actually want a two state solution.

I might be crucified for saying this, but Democracy does not work in society that is uneducated or completely divided along racial or religious lines. You need a iron-man/dictator to bring stability to those regions (and just hope that the dictator is not a racist himself).
Old June 17, 2016, 02:46 PM
Cricket Legend

A 2 way treaty is hard.
You have a right wing government in Israel.
Then there is jeusalem,then the argument of the temple.
Restricted areas where jews can't go.
Then you have hamas who is essentially a terrorist group.
The PLO leaning 2 Hamas because it doesn't want 2 lose Palistinian support.
Its a right mess on both sides.
Old June 24, 2016, 12:25 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

UK leaving EU. Pound falling to 1985 levels
Old June 24, 2016, 01:06 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
UK leaving EU. Pound falling to 1985 levels
Disappointed but not surprised.
More countries might soon want to exit the EU.
Old June 24, 2016, 10:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Quote:
Disappointed but not surprised.
More countries might soon want to exit the EU.
And, why are you disappointed ? Do you stay in GB ?
Old June 25, 2016, 12:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
And, why are you disappointed ? Do you stay in GB ?
No I do not live in the UK, neither does any of my family members.
However I am entitled to have an opinion.

I am disappointment because EU will be a lot weaker without UK. I want Europe to be strong and united.
Old June 25, 2016, 10:06 PM
Test Cricketer

http://www.thedailystar.net/frontpag...nefits-1245295

EXPORTS TO UK AFTER BREXIT

Bangladesh may lose huge duty benefits
Old June 29, 2016, 04:06 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Still busy trying to learn about the Westeros. My brain can't take any more geography! Can't you all just be one country, United States of Europe or something.

This seems like Euro version of Trump-love. Some people are tired of the "same-old" so they're going with the outlandish and crazy option. And it looks like they're already regretting it. Kind of like how you have the same dinner plans every night, so you decide to spicy it up by going to some exotic place and come home w/ diarrhea and food poising. UK, please **** up quickly so America can learn from your **** up!

And speaking of exits, fingers crossed for #Texit!!
Old June 29, 2016, 04:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

#Regrexit. Everyone wanna exit. You are much stronger when you have allies..

These guys learn nothing from ASOIAF
Old June 30, 2016, 09:20 AM
Cricket Savant

Mr. Boris 'Brexit' Johnson decides NOT to run for Prime Minister....
Old July 3, 2016, 03:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Bombings in Baghdad, Iraq kills over a 150.

Bloodshed senseless killings in the past week.

My heart goes out for the family members and friends of those who have lost a loved one/s.

When will this stop?

I pray for peace and more peace...love for all human beings...I hope that this world change for the better for our children and grandchildren's sake.
Old July 13, 2016, 12:28 PM
Cricket Savant

Theresa May takes over the reign. PM by default.
Old July 16, 2016, 06:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Guys, I am writing this as a friend and a genuine well-wisher.

Please refrain from writing posts such as wishing Bangladesh would have a military coup to overthrow any government. No matter what the intention is or even as a joke. It will put you and this site, BC under a very 'uncomfortable' situation as that could still be considered as acting/delivering as the enemy of the state. A coup d etat is unconstitutional and Illegal. Does not matter how much we disagree with our governing body or their way of doing business.

Even though violent acts of terrorism are taking place everyday, do not think that there is no effort to thwart a future one. Everything is being read.
Old July 16, 2016, 06:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Bombings in Baghdad, Iraq kills over a 150.

Bloodshed senseless killings in the past week.

My heart goes out for the family members and friends of those who have lost a loved one/s.

When will this stop?

I pray for peace and more peace...love for all human beings...I hope that this world change for the better for our children and grandchildren's sake.
Thank you dear aklemalp, for acknowledging this and always showing your caring heart, even for the forgotten average people of Baghdad. The final death toll rose over 300 from this attack. May all their souls go somewhere peaceful and serene.
Old July 16, 2016, 07:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
I think in sub continent,gay/lesbians get a bad rap whether preachers,public or administration.
The thing is to accept it is real,and just get on with life.
No life should be taken in any situation,and that includes abortion.
I think of this as a hate crime more than an act of terror.
People who praise these kinds of these things,I think are lost.
Really,compassion is the key here.
As a christian I accept the concept of what you do behind closed doors,is your decision and right.
I could debate same sex marriage,leave that 1 for another day,but what happened was abhorrent.
A sad day for humanity.
Quote:
Good catch brockley, I hope this 'Imam' scumbag not only gets deported but also gets the death penalty himself someday soon.

But brockley, It is NOT only the 'sub-continental' societies that loathe and brutalize gays. That is a very unfair statement. Hatred for gays come from every corner of the world. Not only from the East, but sections of the Western societies are guilty as well. Regarding the club 'Pulse' massacre by the lowlife coward scumbag Omar Matin, a Baptist church preacher Pastor Roger Jimenez in Sacramento, California said that Christians should not be mourning the death of those 49 gays in the massacre. The gays being massacred is NOT a tragedy. He said that the tragedy is that more of them (more gays) did not die. That the killer failed to kill more of them is what makes him (the preacher) sad (he said he is upset that the killer failed to finish the job-in his own word).
Link from Washington Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...hem-didnt-die/

Brockley, there are thousands more of these kinds of examples that I can pull. My wife is from Tennessee and raised Southern Baptist, she can tell you and take you to locations to listen to great many examples of hateful sermons related to hating gays. And Baptist preachers are not the only ones to be blamed here. This hate is vivid and clear all over the United States.
Both my wife and I, in our lifetime, saw/listened to this same hate speech from two different religions, cultures and parts of the world.
Old July 16, 2016, 10:53 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Thank you BK bhai.

Do not discuss sensitive topics which can be interpreted as national security threat. Keep those wishes, if you have them to yourself. This is a public forum dont forget for your own good
Old July 17, 2016, 09:09 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Quote:
It was brutal to read the comments by our Bengali muslim brethrens on the different news sites. I won't be wrong to state that more than 90% are happy of the outcome and some even using the term "Alhamdullillah". Allah maaf koro

So please people, lets educate our youth.. Our country is heading the way of Afghanistan/Syria if we do not do something fast.
It is indeed heartening. How could someone be happy at loss of innocent life. Why so much hate? But this problem is not Bangali related unfortunately.
California pastor said after the Orlando shooting:
Quote:
Pastor Roger Jimenez from Verity Baptist Church is not backing down from his comments, the Sacramento Bee reports. Jimenez met briefly with reporters Tuesday, citing Bible verses to defend his views and saying LBGT people have a "death penalty" on them from God.

"All I'm saying is that when people die who deserve to die, it's not a tragedy," Jimenez said, according to the Bee.
In his original sermon, delivered just hours after 49 people were killed and 53 injured by the gunman, Jimenez said it was a "tragedy" that more people didn't die.

"People say, like: Well, aren't you sad that 50 sodomites died?" Jimenez said in the sermon. "Here's the problem with that. It's like the equivalent of asking me — what if you asked me: ​Hey, are you sad that 50 pedophiles were killed today?' Um, no, I think that's great. I think that helps society. You know, I think Orlando, Fla., is a little safer tonight. ...

"The tragedy is that more of them didn't die. The tragedy is — I'm kind of upset that he didn't finish the job!"

Jimenez said he wished the government would line up LGBT people against a wall and "blow their brains out."
http://www.cleveland.com/nation/inde...ls_orland.html
AND he is a CHRISTIAN PASTOR.

Freedom of speech has allowed normal and people of power to spread HATE speech. Political leaders in BD and US are no different,

Mercy!!!!
Old July 17, 2016, 12:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Thank you dear aklemalp, for acknowledging this and always showing your caring heart, even for the forgotten average people of Baghdad. The final death toll rose over 300 from this attack. May all their souls go somewhere peaceful and serene.
I Appreciate that my brother BK There are so many atrocities in this modern world that are occurring that some are overlooked and becomes irrelevant to the masses.

As I'm typing this, Baton Rouge, Louisiana is in the news again for the worst reason. Times are changing at the speed of light. Instead of healing a wound and forgiving, people are losing it. This is unacceptable, violence begets violence. "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Love, love, love, love, love. It doesn't cost a penny.
Old August 24, 2016, 11:19 AM
Cricket Savant

Magnitude 6.2 earthquake stuck in central Italy, dozens have perished and more unaccounted for..death toll expected to rise.

May their souls RIP.
Old August 24, 2016, 11:27 AM
Cricket Savant

Before and after picture.