facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 24, 2008, 03:56 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: fizz, Shakib,SS,Tamim
Default No more Mushfiqur Rahim please...

I think everyone will agree that he has been given all the chance to prove himself and I think he failed and so will everyone. I know some of you are a big fan of his batting and you all will agree that he has done nothing since that 80 runs innings against Sri Lanka. If you are thinking for batting rather than keeping than I have to say you are wrong. In test cricket its very hard to get a batsman out where you have to earn a wicket ( Not like our batsman who would give their wicket as a present to a bowler). Its a hard job to bowl in test cricket and if you miss a chance than 9 out of 10 times world class players will make you pay for your mistake. And we all know Mushfiqur always does this kind of mistakes which costs us a great deal. I don't understand why we are useing him in test cricket!!!! Its ok to use him in ODIs but not in tests.

My point of view Pilot is our best option in test than Dhiman and Musy would be the 3rd choice. Many would say Musy is better batsman than both of them but I would say he could be better than Pilot but not better than Dhiman. Our best Test keeper is Pilot and best ODI keeper is Dhiman. I strongly believe that Dhiman has proved himself to get a chance in this ODI series against South Africa. I think we should give Mushfiqur a break and pick Dhiman for this series but I know this is not going to happen. Like others our selector are following their previous ones footsteps. They have proven many times that they like to be in spot light for the wrong reason. They played with Rafiques selection in many times (as everyone will agree with me that he is our best option in both froms of the game which he proved in many occasions like this time, and they picked him for this series only to give him a chance to retire!!! Give me a break). I have no bad relation with them like they have good relations with few players (who gets the favour)!! I am talking about the facts which never lies. I think its time for them to realize that they should make some selection for the sake of our cricket and cricket loving people. Its about time to do some job that they have been picked for, selecting some good players not relatives!

I would strongly urge the selectors to drop him from the second tests of this series and pick Pilot for the sake of our cricket and love to see they are giving Dhiman a chance in ODIs and giving MUSHFIQUR a much needed break.

Last edited by freeman; February 24, 2008 at 04:02 PM.. Reason: worng word

Old February 24, 2008, 04:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib, Tamim, Tendulkar

agree....nice post...

Welcome to Banglacricket.
Old February 24, 2008, 04:09 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Could not agree more.

Mushfiq badly needs a break that will help him to get better and come back as a better batsman.

He is developing as a keeper and is almost par with Pilot but his batting is now even worse compared to other options.
Old February 24, 2008, 04:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TI/Dwayne Bravo/Afridi

dhiman definitley deserves to play in the odi's. if he doesnt then i'd say the selection commitee has gone mad
And as for the second test, pilot NEEDS to be included. we've seen enough of rahim's bizzarness.

Mrs Mahmudullah Riyad
Old February 24, 2008, 05:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Musfiq Missed a catch & and easy easy Stumping of prince, gosh if he could make that stumping it would have been a tight match. and Rafique was so upset with musfiq.
Old February 24, 2008, 06:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

o fickle fans! the same guys who were baying for mashud's blood a month back, suddenly find him to be our savior during crisis. What did Mashud really do to deserve his spot back? Not a whole lot, right?
Mushfiq has been struggling with the bat. But did you see his dismissals during this test? The first innings he hung around, and stitched together a crucial partnership with Mortaza before getting out to a great yorker. In the second innings he never actually got out. His glovework has definitely improved, and imo he is not lagging behind pilot in that department.We have never had a keeper who has the technique and temperament to bat in the top 6. He might be out of form but he will come good sooner rather than later. Seems like Siddons and Co. know the value of little Mushy, we should have some more faith in him too.
Old February 24, 2008, 06:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

dhiman should for sure be the ODI keeper, i don't think either rahim or dhiman are quite ready for test cricket (rahim clearly isn't, dhiman we don't know yet but his FC record suggests he still needs a bit of time batting wise). mashud is going to retire after this series and i don't see the point in bringing him back for one test match especially since dhiman probably can do an as good a job as him. dhiman may not quite be ready for test cricket but he's probably the best if not equal best keeper with mashud atm.
Old February 24, 2008, 06:56 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tareq Aziz

Apart from that 50 Fluke against India, I am yet to be impressed!

Golden cow-dung, IMO!
Old February 24, 2008, 06:57 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Moyna, Cutter, Task

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeman
I think everyone will agree that he has been given all the chance to prove himself and I think he failed and so will everyone. I know some of you are a big fan of his batting and you all will agree that he has done nothing since that 80 runs innings against Sri Lanka. If you are thinking for batting rather than keeping than I have to say you are wrong. In test cricket its very hard to get a batsman out where you have to earn a wicket ( Not like our batsman who would give their wicket as a present to a bowler). Its a hard job to bowl in test cricket and if you miss a chance than 9 out of 10 times world class players will make you pay for your mistake. And we all know Mushfiqur always does this kind of mistakes which costs us a great deal. I don't understand why we are useing him in test cricket!!!! Its ok to use him in ODIs but not in tests.

My point of view Pilot is our best option in test than Dhiman and Musy would be the 3rd choice. Many would say Musy is better batsman than both of them but I would say he could be better than Pilot but not better than Dhiman. Our best Test keeper is Pilot and best ODI keeper is Dhiman. I strongly believe that Dhiman has proved himself to get a chance in this ODI series against South Africa. I think we should give Mushfiqur a break and pick Dhiman for this series but I know this is not going to happen. Like others our selector are following their previous ones footsteps. They have proven many times that they like to be in spot light for the wrong reason. They played with Rafiques selection in many times (as everyone will agree with me that he is our best option in both froms of the game which he proved in many occasions like this time, and they picked him for this series only to give him a chance to retire!!! Give me a break). I have no bad relation with them like they have good relations with few players (who gets the favour)!! I am talking about the facts which never lies. I think its time for them to realize that they should make some selection for the sake of our cricket and cricket loving people. Its about time to do some job that they have been picked for, selecting some good players not relatives!

I would strongly urge the selectors to drop him from the second tests of this series and pick Pilot for the sake of our cricket and love to see they are giving Dhiman a chance in ODIs and giving MUSHFIQUR a much needed break.
I absolutely agree but vaire koshto kore post lekhe kono lav nai. Apnar amar moto supporters ra jodi Hunger strike o kore tobu o shalar selectorsra or bad debe na. who knows why da hell they don't give pilot a last chance
Old February 24, 2008, 10:17 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

Zahid : 80 odd against Sri lanka?

Anyway .. i too think that Mushy should be rested.. i mean we want a keeper batsman whos performing..maybe not scoring 50,100 s at regular intervals..but atleast 25/30/40 runs..every now & then.. I dont think i want to go with Pilot.. Maybe Dhiman ..he should given a test chance ..and no better ways to know if he's ready or not.. if he does good..pick him for ODI's too..+ i also think Rajin can keep..and we can have batsman too..who can actually score.. and get razzak in place of bashar..
Old February 24, 2008, 10:44 PM
Cricket Guru

It's said a wicketkeeper does not stand against opposition batsmen, he stands against bowlers of his own team. It takes lots of time and practice to get used to a particular set of bowlers. I think it won't be fair or wise to drop Mushfiq now and bring Mashud or Dhiman out of wilderness to stand in the next match.

Mushfiq developed his keeping skills enough to retain his place for next test. However, we surely need a keeper for ODIs who can also contribute with bat. As I said in another thread, it's time the selectors bring Dhiman in the national team camp and have him train with the team for next couple of weeks. If Mushfiq doesn't show improvement in his batting in next test, bring Dhiman in for the ODI series.
Old February 24, 2008, 10:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

batting???? i dont care about musfiq batting.
but why the hell he dropped catch and stamping????? if he could hold the catch and do that easy stamping, it would have been a close match. he sux big time.. he cant catch, he cant do easy stumping, damn him.
Old February 24, 2008, 11:09 PM
Cricket Legend

i see no body can replace Mushi here since Pilot is retiring, so we are going to destroy this boy by playing him all the time.
Old February 24, 2008, 11:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

he'll develop his skills better in the NCL or A team because he'll face more balls. i just don't get why people don't want the keeper batsman with the best record who also happens to be very young. you shouldn't put a player in the national team for an extended period of time unless they're completely ready to jump up to that level or they're the best in the country at the time. rahim is neither of those, he's the 3rd best keeper batsman in the country atm and he's not ready to play at this level.
Old February 24, 2008, 11:34 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

i dont know depending on what others select a player or try to make a choice but i have some personal ideas and views. long ago i had stopped playing cricket and came abroad but i think cricket is still my blood.
When i was young .. no when i was a kid Khaled Mashud Pilot was my Icon and still it is. I have seen how much he has struggled to get into a position. His dedication for cricket.may be his performance was not so good for a while but i i still believe he is our best choice for both form of the game. i havent seen or dont know about dhiman ghosh but mushfik really needs some time to be a matured player.
sorry if i have written a one eyed post.
Old February 24, 2008, 11:43 PM
Banned

So much noise over just one player.
Old February 24, 2008, 11:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

I knew few months back that this post is going to come.....I was strongly arguing against dropping Pailot.......but so many here were soo impressed with Mushfiq that.....what i can say....

For the last 14 years....we did not have to think for the man behind the stamps....and few months back.....everyone went agaisnt Pailot.....without any strong reasons....

Anyway......It is almost late.....I am not sure about the mental state of Pailot as he wanted to retire and wanted to retire by playing a match........so not sure whether we can get same Pailot or not......but we can definitely try before its too late.

Pailot had minimum 2-3 years of cricekt left in him.....and only the selectors are to blame for if Bangladesh cricket is going deprived of his service........
Old February 24, 2008, 11:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Another Alok in the making. If someone doubts Pilots batting,, look into his average, its way better than Rahim. He was once the wall when innings use to collapse and the tail-enders used to score.. For test, he was needed to support Sakib/Aftab. Either way, if good sense prevails, the selectors will get out of their ego and give him his good-bye match and hope that we can push SA again. For ODIs,, we took chances with Junaed/Farhad/Mehrab,,, we should do that with Dhiman. Mushfique is no Ashraful or Razzaque that is irreplacable for ODIs. So it wont have an impact if we try out Dhiman in home turf than oversease. Either way,, I think Mushfique himself should have a chat with the Team Manager, Rumi, ask for a break and force his way back to the squad with performances that we all thought of him as the little wonder.Ashraful did it, Nafis did it, Razzaque did it,,, so can he. No point in accumulating fans wrath and depleting confidence at this point..
Old February 24, 2008, 11:57 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

I am really surprised that people over here are sensible and have a good cricket view but what the hell our selectors are doing? are they deaf/blind??
I think these selection pannel is really worthless..
Old February 25, 2008, 12:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

play pilot in the 2nd test and let him retire
and play some one else in the ODI. if no one is found then get rajin to keep (i think he kept part time) but enough is enough.

And mr. bashar please retire.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old February 25, 2008, 12:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
I knew few months back that this post is going to come.....I was strongly arguing against dropping Pailot.......but so many here were soo impressed with Mushfiq that.....what i can say....

For the last 14 years....we did not have to think for the man behind the stamps....and few months back.....everyone went agaisnt Pailot.....without any strong reasons....

Anyway......It is almost late.....I am not sure about the mental state of Pailot as he wanted to retire and wanted to retire by playing a match........so not sure whether we can get same Pailot or not......but we can definitely try before its too late.

Pailot had minimum 2-3 years of cricekt left in him.....and only the selectors are to blame for if Bangladesh cricket is going deprived of his service........

No you are wrong musfiq got in becuase of his form and he was the right choice than. but now since pilot got back some of his form back and since mushi is in bad form he should be in for his last test.

BTW no reason have you seen what pilot did before he got dropped? Even in the local games?

SOme fans just jump on to something...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old February 25, 2008, 12:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
No you are wrong musfiq got in becuase of his form
Before selection, where Mushfiq shoed his form?? Look at his average in domestic...

Te select Mushfiq everyone tried to make Pailot look worse than he actually was at that time.....even they tried with female scandals as well
Old February 25, 2008, 12:30 AM
Test Cricketer

Man, this is intolerable, did u guys see him missing another stumping few minutes before the match ended today. Rafique would have had 99 atleast.... i wish i could curz
Old February 25, 2008, 12:30 AM
Street Cricketer

Default Who Cares

I absolutely agree with you in the point that Mushfiq had enough. With no contribution in batting he can't even do any decent job as a keeper, other than shouting and screaming only. But seriously, who cares about how we the fans feel about our team. Those IDIOT SELECTORS will continue to ruin the dreams of all the Bangladeshi fans and well wishers by making non sense and controversial choices. Do those selectors eat rice or sheet.......a one year old has better sense than them.
Old February 25, 2008, 12:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faisal
batting???? i dont care about musfiq batting.
but why the hell he dropped catch and stamping????? if he could hold the catch and do that easy stamping, it would have been a close match. he sux big time.. he cant catch, he cant do easy stumping, damn him.
That's exactly wat im talking about. I wouldnt worry about his batting. But that dude is blowing off our chances of victory... I mean who knows man, if he had got those 2 stamping, the result would have been different. I don't wanna regret about past but for sure, but i certainly don't want to see myself regreating about the same issue in near future. Just give him rest for a while. Give Dhiman a chace. Let pilot have a farewell.