facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 21, 2009, 09:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello
Exclamation Shoaib Akhter pulled from World Twenty20 squad due to genital warts!!

World Twenty20 2009

Shoaib pulled from World Twenty20 squad due to genital warts!!

Cricinfo staff

May 21, 2009

The PCB has withdrawn Shoaib Akhtar from the 15-man squad for next month's World Twenty20, saying - in an unusually revealing statement - that he had been diagnosed with genital viral warts. Rao Iftikhar Anjum's name has been sent to the ICC's technical committee by the PCB as a replacement.

Shoaib's participation had been in doubt after Intikhab Alam, Pakistan's coach, said yesterday he hadn't recovered sufficiently from a skin infection to play the three practice games the Pakistan squad is playing in Lahore.

"Shoaib Akhtar has been withdrawn from the World Twenty20 squad and Rao's name has been sent to the ICC as a replacement," a board spokesman said on Thursday.

The PCB's unusually graphic press release said that a three-member medical panel appointed by the PCB had found that Shoaib was suffering from "genital viral warts and electrofulgration [a surgical procedure] was done on May 12, 2009."

The panel added that "his wound though healing needs further care and treatment for another minimum ten days for the purpose of healing and to achieve skin cover. The Medical Board further recommended his re-assessment after 10 days.

"In accordance with the above program his re-assessment will be carried out on 1st week of June, 2009.In view of the above, PCB has requested ICC Technical Committee for the replacement."

The condition had initially ruled Shoaib out of the training camp the team attended in Bhurban, a mountainous hill resort near Islamabad. At the time, Shoaib expressed confidence that he would recover in time.

Shoaib has not trained since coming back from the series against Australia in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Questions were asked of his fitness levels during the five-ODI and one Twenty20 series; he failed to fulfill his quota of ten overs in any of the four ODIs he played and bowled only two overs in the Twenty20.

The latest episode is yet another blow to an injury and scandal ravaged career that has seen Shoaib play only 46 Tests out of the 96 Pakistan have played and 144 out of the 305 ODIs Pakistan have played since his debut in 1997-98. Shoaib missed the last World Twenty20 in South Africa when he was sent home after hitting teammate Mohammad Asif in a dressing room altercation.

© Cricinfo
Link: http://content.cricinfo.com/wt202009...ry/405415.html

Old May 21, 2009, 09:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

.....erm is that a transmitted disease?
Old May 21, 2009, 09:51 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
.....erm is that a transmitted disease?
Yes it is a STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) and a bad one. And please dont google it if you dont want to spoil your day. Its really nasty.
Old May 21, 2009, 10:01 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Moyna, Cutter, Task

bad example for young cricketers
Old May 21, 2009, 10:21 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

:vomit:

:puke:
Old May 21, 2009, 11:57 AM
Cricket Legend

LOL we know now what he has been up to on his off days LOLZ ... but damn that sucks for him poor kiddo needs to learn the meaning of safe sex and CONDOMS!!!!
Old May 21, 2009, 12:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Uhh...... why would they release that infromation? I think just Shoaib is unavailable due to personal issues would have sufficed.
Old May 21, 2009, 12:58 PM
ODI Cricketer

Not sure Shoaib should be pissed at his medical situation or this Press release !!

What a complete bunch of morons !!

On a second thought isnt it criminal (legally) for PCB to disclose a persons ailment.I am no fan of Shoaib but this ends his cricketing and personal life as well ! Poor guy

Last edited by bharat; May 21, 2009 at 01:34 PM..
Old May 21, 2009, 03:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat
Not sure Shoaib should be pissed at his medical situation or this Press release !!

What a complete bunch of morons !!

On a second thought isnt it criminal (legally) for PCB to disclose a persons ailment.I am no fan of Shoaib but this ends his cricketing and personal life as well ! Poor guy
why would anyone want to sleep with him especially after this revelation?

wouldn't u want such info to be made public, so your daughter isn't caught up in allure and winds up getting burned? i'm sure anyone would.

when ur a pro athlete, or any other sort of person in the public eye, you lose some of your privacy. i'm not justifying this violation of HEPA standards, but lets look at it this way, a reason has to be given for why he's been omitted. basically the brother shouldn't have effed around. he's gonna have to lie in the bed that he made, no pun intended.

once again, shoaib's ability to self destruct shows no bounds.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 21, 2009, 03:56 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
why would anyone want to sleep with him especially after this revelation?

wouldn't u want such info to be made public, so your daughter isn't caught up in allure and winds up getting burned? i'm sure anyone would.

when ur a pro athlete, or any other sort of person in the public eye, you lose some of your privacy. i'm not justifying this violation of HEPA standards, but lets look at it this way, a reason has to be given for why he's been omitted. basically the brother shouldn't have effed around. he's gonna have to lie in the bed that he made, no pun intended.

once again, shoaib's ability to self destruct shows no bounds.
al Furqaan, cant agree with you here despite your anaology.His personal life is his ! The only think PCB is responsible for is whether he should play for Pak or not .

I cant see how a medical condition (whatever it is !) can made public without his consent !!

Again, whether such conditions (STD's) should made made public in the larger interest of the society (so that the govt/society can control its spread) is a different argument altogether.PCB has no authority to play the "moral police" in here.Its nothing but being vindictive.
Old May 21, 2009, 04:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Bharat, you are right. Yet I am happy that this got out. No more kissing hugging on camera with the bollywood stars lol.
+++
As for humiliation, wait till Taliban comes in to power, lol.
Old May 21, 2009, 04:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

I am pretty sure that press release on his medical condition is illlegal unless authorised by shoaib.
Old May 21, 2009, 05:30 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat
al Furqaan, cant agree with you here despite your anaology.His personal life is his ! The only think PCB is responsible for is whether he should play for Pak or not .

I cant see how a medical condition (whatever it is !) can made public without his consent !!

Again, whether such conditions (STD's) should made made public in the larger interest of the society (so that the govt/society can control its spread) is a different argument altogether.PCB has no authority to play the "moral police" in here.Its nothing but being vindictive.
agree with u bharat. its against medical ethics. How about dr patient confidentiality. It can happen only in pakistan.

even if the news is wrong, shoib cant prove it to the media, atleast he cant show any image, his casanova image is gone.

never ever shake his hands: warning to BD players
Old May 21, 2009, 07:29 PM
Cricket Sage

oh boo hoo...shoaib had already been advised long ago to change his lifestyle habits.

he's a public figure, and as such people find out when u f*** up. look at bill clinton, any other person and that would have stayed within his family and involved parties only.

mike vick, everyone knows now is a dog killer. tough luck, but there are repercussions for stupidity.

but i agree PCB should have kept it private, but do i really care? no. if shoaib wants, he can sue them...

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 21, 2009, 07:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
No more kissing hugging on camera with the bollywood stars lol.
bollywood's prolly where he got it from...lol

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 21, 2009, 07:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Like if some like random reporter or some website or some former girlfriend leaked this then I understand. But the fact that the PCB released this kind of personal info is just odd....
Old May 21, 2009, 08:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Guys I feel bad for Shoaib Akhter, he is in pain and suffering right now...that's very painful right?
But bros, don't you get genital warts from touching frogs/toads inappropriately or something?
Old May 21, 2009, 09:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
don't you get genital warts from touching frogs/toads inappropriately or something?
Bhai eishob kotha apni kotha thika shunchen?

Genital warts happen from various strains of HPV (HUMAN papilloma virus). It is a preventable disease - there is a vaccine for it. It is actually recommended that all girls after certain age get vaccinated against HPV. As always whenever there is talk of vaccine there is dumb public outcry - apparently parents feel this vaccine would make their girls more "promiscuous".

I think we can make this disease history if we want to. I will get my daughter the shot for sure but I might have to hide what it is for :p

In any case, I think al furqan really needs a lesson on ethics. Anyone, including you furqan can get it by no fault of yours.... so one shouldn't judge too fast. (not that I am defending Akhtar character but even he has rights I am afraid.)
Old May 21, 2009, 09:47 PM
Cricket Legend

that was so unprofessional from PCB.... seems like this was done in purpose...
Old May 21, 2009, 10:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib
Uhh...... why would they release that infromation? I think just Shoaib is unavailable due to personal issues would have sufficed.
PCB has been bashed left right and center over Akhtar over the years. Akhtar fans have always held him as a hero and PCB as the villain. Akhtar's main weapon is his public popularity in Pakistan. Naturally, quite a few members in PCB are frustrated with him and want the public to know a few things about him.
Old May 21, 2009, 11:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer
PCB has been bashed left right and center over Akhtar over the years. Akhtar fans have always held him as a hero and PCB as the villain. Akhtar's main weapon is his public popularity in Pakistan. Naturally, quite a few members in PCB are frustrated with him and want the public to know a few things about him.
PCB has always outdone shoaib or any other cricketer, in nonsensical acts. Your players can be expected to be as sensible as the board only.
Old May 22, 2009, 04:12 AM
ODI Cricketer

this is the funniest headline in a long long time...
Old May 22, 2009, 04:25 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Have to agree with both Bharat and Surfer.

His personal medical condition should have been his private business and probably PCB thought its payback time.

Only good thing i can see coming out of his genital warts is public awareness.
Cricket is the biggest thing in the subcontinent and if this creates an awareness amogst the young people about STD's, let him be the sacrificial lamb.

Well, he had this coming.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old May 22, 2009, 05:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
PCB has always outdone shoaib or any other cricketer, in nonsensical acts. Your players can be expected to be as sensible as the board only.
well said
Old May 22, 2009, 09:11 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
Bhai eishob kotha apni kotha thika shunchen?

Genital warts happen from various strains of HPV (HUMAN papilloma virus). It is a preventable disease - there is a vaccine for it. It is actually recommended that all girls after certain age get vaccinated against HPV. As always whenever there is talk of vaccine there is dumb public outcry - apparently parents feel this vaccine would make their girls more "promiscuous".

I think we can make this disease history if we want to. I will get my daughter the shot for sure but I might have to hide what it is for :p

In any case, I think al furqan really needs a lesson on ethics. Anyone, including you furqan can get it by no fault of yours.... so one shouldn't judge too fast. (not that I am defending Akhtar character but even he has rights I am afraid.)

ethics don't apply to shoaib akhtar...you live by the sword, you die by it.

any other person, its the same thing. but clearly, as surfer said this was a calculated move by the PCB. some may disagree and thats their prerogative.

its true i might get genital warts, but seeing as how i don't use public restrooms (depends all the way baby!), nor put my "cricket bat" into harms way, the only way is by God strucking me down for not caring about Shoaib's lack of privacy.

#OneTeam1Dream