facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 20, 2012, 02:24 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
Great write up Al, CI material.

Though from coaching POV basics make any player successful, in most level and condition, but it's the x factor (temperament) that makes one successful.
Shakib is not a domestic bully but he's more successful in international cricket where as players like Ash are not equal with their ability to turn talent into performance. For some players it takes big occassions to be at their best where as for others big occassions kill their natural ability. So in the end, a good combination of basic and temperament is the key for every players success.
Have to agree. Temperament is something that seperates men from boys. When Nasir came into the intl scene he probably didnt have the domestics stat to back up his inclusion into the team ahead of many other prospects but boy did he have the temperament one needs to be an international standard batsman. He seems one of those who is undaunted by pressure and is so cool and calm. Remember, he averages 40+ in intl cricket

We need players with the temparement like nasir. Hopefully, anamul will be as good temparement wise as Nasir. And after seeing his batting, inshallah he will solve our No. 3 problem

Old June 21, 2012, 12:10 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: virat kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
A very nice article al furquaan. We're similar to the indians in that way. Both will score runs when the pitches have low bounce and flat but once there are pitches have a decent bounce or are just not very batting friendly, then they struggle. I think you see the Indians with much higher averages because their pitches are much better quality. Our pitches just suck period and doesn't suit any player. Overall, I would say talent wise our players, despite coming from a much poorer domestic set up are similar to the Indians.
You are right that Sub continent batsmen struggle when ball starts bouncing or swinging and many of them gets exposed badly. But India have continued to produce good batsmen in spite of these flat pitches and the Indian A team batsmen have scored runs in Eng and Aus on their last tours, so its not that they haven't scored in tough conditions before that's why everyone is shocked at their performance particularly Rahane and Sharma and to some extent Mukund. No one expects much from the likes of Tiwary and Dhawan. They are not good enough.

But this tour certainly shows the quality of young West Indian fast bowlers. Likes of Holder, Mclean and Johnson very highly rated in WI domestic cricket. And in IMO every A team could have struggled against these bowlers. I hope WI team build itself to top level team once again. They do need to find some good young batsmen though.
Old June 21, 2012, 12:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Champs
You are right that Sub continent batsmen struggle when ball starts bouncing or swinging and many of them gets exposed badly. But India have continued to produce good batsmen in spite of these flat pitches and the Indian A team batsmen have scored runs in Eng and Aus on their last tours, so its not that they haven't scored in tough conditions before that's why everyone is shocked at their performance particularly Rahane and Sharma and to some extent Mukund. No one expects much from the likes of Tiwary and Dhawan. They are not good enough.

But this tour certainly shows the quality of young West Indian fast bowlers. Likes of Holder, Mclean and Johnson very highly rated in WI domestic cricket. And in IMO every A team could have struggled against these bowlers. I hope WI team build itself to top level team once again. They do need to find some good young batsmen though.
Ya Sharma's got skill but is just inconsistent. I think he'll become a good batsman. Rahane will be good as well.

I agree WI is developing some good young talent and most important good pacers. I think Powell, Brathwaite and Thomas will end up being good batsmen at the international level as well.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old June 21, 2012, 06:20 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Warne McGrath and S Waugh

The biggest domestic bully of all time I can think of was Graham Hick. Bangladesh really don't have any guys dominating domestic cricket with the bat, although some bowlers could be classed as domestic bullies.