facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 26, 2014, 01:49 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Default Should be the end of career for Kayes and Razzak

1. Players that have nothing more to give and should retire immediately
Kayes - got enough chances. still its the same old.
Razzak

2. Players that should go back to domestics and perform for seasons to earn a recall
Gazi - completely lost it
Shamsur
Riyad
Shafiul

3. Players that should rapidly improve their game or get the axe
Nasir
Marshall Ayub
Rubel

4. Players we should persist with for now and groom further
Anamul
Mominul
Taskin
Robiul
Naeem

5. Finally the core
Tamim
Mushy
Shakib
Mash (ODIs)
Al Amin

Players we should look to draft in soon
Mosaddek
Taijul
Shadman
Noor
Shabbir

Old August 26, 2014, 01:52 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

So it's a 5 tier structure. Players should move in and out of the levels based on national and domestic team performances. Kayes/Razzak is at 1 while Shakib/Mushy is at 5.
Old August 26, 2014, 02:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Over selector's dead body. They will make the trip to Australia. Do you want a guarantee?
Old August 26, 2014, 02:08 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Shud be tud be diya kaaj hobe na. BD chole itihaash er upor bhor kore. Be it politics or sports. Ek match e 100 marse to 20 match dabba mairao team e thakar guarantee pawa jay. Raj is the highest wicket taker of bd. He will not get the Axe so easily.
Old August 26, 2014, 02:14 PM
Banned

Shafiul, Gazi, Nasir should be in cat 1
Rubel should be in cat 4
Marshall is not even in the squad!
Old August 26, 2014, 02:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
...BD chole itihaash er upor bhor kore. Be it politics or sports. ....
Hmmm!!! itihaash? kiser itihaash?

Ek shomoi chilo Thailand amader kasey 4 goal khaito. ekhon ek half'ei amra char goal khai. itihaash ki jinish?

Ek shomoi chilo Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia thekey bhalo student'ra BUET, Dhaka University'tey portey ashtho. Ittihaash? Kiser ittihaash?

Ekhon amader chelera oder deshe jai pora lekha kortey.
Old August 26, 2014, 02:39 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Hmmm!!! itihaash? kiser itihaash?

Ek shomoi chilo Thailand amader kasey 4 goal khaito. ekhon ek half'ei amra char goal khai. itihaash ki jinish?

Ek shomoi chilo Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia thekey bhalo student'ra BUET, Dhaka University'tey portey ashtho. Ittihaash? Kiser ittihaash?

Ekhon amader chelera oder deshe jai pora lekha kortey.
Ek Ashraful bosore dui ta eid innings khele match er por match dabba mereo khele jeto. Gazi kon amole Gayle ke out korse, shei tar puroshkaar ekhono peye jacche. Raj amader highest wicket taker. So itihaash tar pokkhei achey. Eto shohoje baad porbe na.

Aar amra Itihash theke shikhi na. Motivated hoi na. Itihash niyei pore thakte aar triptir dhekur tulte boddo beshi bhalobashi..kintu itihaash theke shikkha niye bortoman ke unnoto korar proyojon dekhi na

Political itihaash niye kotha bole ei thread takey hijacked nai ba korlam
Old August 26, 2014, 03:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman

Aar amra Itihash theke shikhi na. Motivated hoi na. Itihash niyei pore thakte aar triptir dhekur tulte boddo beshi bhalobashi..kintu itihaash theke shikkha niye bortoman ke unnoto korar proyojon dekhi na

Political itihaash niye kotha bole ei thread takey hijacked nai ba korlam
ek dom shuyaiya felso Roman. Nothing to counter with.
Old August 26, 2014, 06:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Kaedge disappointed me the most, I was so asking to get him in the team.
I thought he will come back and send a strong message like "I'm back" , instead his message was more like " BCB woke me up and forced me to go to bat in the middle of the day"
Razzaq's skills expired like 2 years ago.
Old August 26, 2014, 07:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Suggesting Raj to sell in bikroy.com.. Why the hell BCB is not giving chances to Arafat/sajib/Tajul?? I am sure Raj will be picked for WC.
Old August 27, 2014, 09:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

1. Agree about Razzak, he should call it quits. Kayes also should not be selected anymore I agree. Too many chances he's gotten and he's still a below average international batsman.

2. Agree with everyone there except Shafiul. He hasn't even played for us for a while so tough to say he needs to go back to domestics.

3. Agree with Nasir. Marshall has already gotten the axe actually since he hasn't picked for Tests this time. Rubel belongs in category 4 as he's still one of our best pacers for the limited overs.

4. Agree with everyone there but Naeem seems to have fallen behind the other middle order batsmen

5. Agree with everyone in this category
Old August 27, 2014, 09:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

KaEdge won't be permanently dropped as long as HaBa remains a selector. Shagor is from Kushtia and his Shumon Bhai has been an admiring mentor since day 1. All he has to do is perform in our domestic picnic cricket before failing at the highest level outside Bangladesh. Then repeat the pattern. We'll see him in and out of the team for a long time to come.

Rex has always had a strong lobby also, but his days are numbered, finally.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 27, 2014, 09:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
KaEdge won't be permanently dropped as long as HaBa remains a selector. Shagor is from Kushtia and his Shumon Bhai has been an admiring mentor since day 1. All he has to do is perform in our domestic picnic cricket before failing at the highest level outside Bangladesh. Then repeat the pattern. We'll see him in and out of the team for a long time to come.

Rex has always had a strong lobby also, but his days are numbered, finally.
Does anything work in BD without the concept of nepotism

God save our cricket and the only sport that once we thought we would sustain in top levels. I guess I am dreaming too much and should accept the inevitable of our cricket fate, like other sports. Unfortunately if you look at the trend, only one or two players can be sustained, all rest seem to be of same 'kind'.
Old August 27, 2014, 10:43 AM
Cricket Savant

hay eta thik ami shesh khela dekhi nai... arey bhai tayle bolen erai (not noakhali eroi) jodi na khele tahole ki niye amra tim khelbo??? tim to shudhu emni emni hoy na..... jottoshob... parun o apnara

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old August 27, 2014, 11:22 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
1. Agree about Razzak, he should call it quits. Kayes also should not be selected anymore I agree. Too many chances he's gotten and he's still a below average international batsman.

2. Agree with everyone there except Shafiul. He hasn't even played for us for a while so tough to say he needs to go back to domestics.

3. Agree with Nasir. Marshall has already gotten the axe actually since he hasn't picked for Tests this time. Rubel belongs in category 4 as he's still one of our best pacers for the limited overs.

4. Agree with everyone there but Naeem seems to have fallen behind the other middle order batsmen

5. Agree with everyone in this category
Good analysis. The tier was made the way I see it but it obviously has some flaws. But I do think Naeem is a must for Test side, especially when there is no Shakib for this series. He might be too slow for ODIs but he puts a value on his wicket in Test matches. Leaves almost everything outside off and builds small partnerships.

In the meantime BCB should give 10 lakh taka to Kayes and Razzak and force them to retire. Also include business mentoring session with Ash/Syed Rasel/Aftab in the severance package. Kichu taka diya hoileo ei duita re bair kora uchit. Then Gazi/Riyad might be tempted to retire as well.
Old August 27, 2014, 11:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Good analysis. The tier was made the way I see it but it obviously has some flaws. But I do think Naeem is a must for Test side, especially when there is no Shakib for this series. He might be too slow for ODIs but he puts a value on his wicket in Test matches. Leaves almost everything outside off and builds small partnerships.
I agree with you about Naeem as a Test batsman. I'd probably have him as the first or second backup
Old August 27, 2014, 12:27 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

cholen amra shobai chanda tuli BC theke, shei taka diye Razzaq ar Kaedge ke ekta bebsha dhoraya dei, Razzaq er jonno ekta purush der parlour ar KAedge er jonno ekta shaari'r dokan.
ami ek uru dilam.
Old August 28, 2014, 02:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Kayes deserves 50 more chances!! Tamim got about a billion chances anyway.
Old August 28, 2014, 02:47 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Kayes deserves 50 more chances!! Tamim got about a billion chances anyway.
Hmm..there is something about Kayes.
Old August 28, 2014, 04:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

razzak definitely, kayes i'm not completely sold on and despite a poor return to ODI cricket and a very poor test record that test ton he scored on comeback gave me a little bit of hope, in saying that there are a few players i'd pick ahead of him but i'd still have him on the stand-by list.
Old August 28, 2014, 09:15 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
razzak definitely, kayes i'm not completely sold on and despite a poor return to ODI cricket and a very poor test record that test ton he scored on comeback gave me a little bit of hope, in saying that there are a few players i'd pick ahead of him but i'd still have him on the stand-by list.
I think he got enough chances. This is what he does -- he edges it and fails to score, whines and then goes back to domestic and A team, makes some decent score and one century, comes back to national team, we think he has changed, but no he edges again and gets out cheaply.

This cycle has been repeated many times. Get him out of the team for good. It's time to get in new players.
Old August 28, 2014, 04:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
I think he got enough chances. This is what he does -- he edges it and fails to score, whines and then goes back to domestic and A team, makes some decent score and one century, comes back to national team, we think he has changed, but no he edges again and gets out cheaply.

This cycle has been repeated many times. Get him out of the team for good. It's time to get in new players.
kayes hasn't been in and out of the team as much as others, he was dropped and never really came back until recently, keep him out of short formats i agree but that ton on test return may suggest he's changed in that format, it wasn't a bad innings tbh. but like i said i'd pick others ahead of him anyway but as far as test openers we don't have many so he has to be one of the back ups.
Old August 28, 2014, 07:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
kayes hasn't been in and out of the team as much as others, he was dropped and never really came back until recently, keep him out of short formats i agree but that ton on test return may suggest he's changed in that format, it wasn't a bad innings tbh. but like i said i'd pick others ahead of him anyway but as far as test openers we don't have many so he has to be one of the back ups.
I'd rather pick Shadman or Liton over Imrul even in Tests. Yes they're young and still developing but I'd rather try them out than Imrul who we already know more often than not will fail. Maybe he'll get the occasional 50 but for the most part he'll be a below par international batsman. So might as well try and see how Shadman or Litton fare.
Old August 29, 2014, 03:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I'd rather pick Shadman or Liton over Imrul even in Tests. Yes they're young and still developing but I'd rather try them out than Imrul who we already know more often than not will fail. Maybe he'll get the occasional 50 but for the most part he'll be a below par international batsman. So might as well try and see how Shadman or Litton fare.
well i'm not against trying new options but i don't think imrul should be completely forgotten is all i mean. i'd give shamsur another couple of series and if he doesn't perform consistently then certainly try one of the youngsters.
Old August 29, 2014, 07:43 AM
First Class Cricketer

Very confusing post title and content. I do not know but who are we, as fan, to say which player should retire and how do we even predict that certain players will contribute nothing in future.