facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Ashraful in World Cup squad?
Yes 37 38.54%
No 59 61.46%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 13, 2011, 09:12 PM
Banned

i think he will be in 15 men squad.....i guess.

Old January 13, 2011, 09:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

nothing to guess he will be in 15.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old January 14, 2011, 12:19 AM
Club Cricketer

jayasuria and chaminda vass was dropped from srilankan wc squad bcoz they are not old bcos they are not in the form, so i would say a big no coz he is not in the form, i would rathar pic alok coz he is a big boost aganist INDIA also indian bowlers now him as crezy hiter from icl, so they will be always afraid to bowl him,and he can take advantage of it, any he is always very good aganist india, we need alok instead of ash and jahurul instead of raqibul, sabbir istead of mamudullah, naeem os ok
Old January 14, 2011, 12:49 AM
First Class Cricketer

bangladesh does not need ashraful at this point.

the playing xi should be like this:

tamim
imrul
junaed
shakib
mushfiqur
naeem
mahmudullah
shuvo
abdur razzak
shafiul
rubel.

i do not want raqibul in the team, mahmudullah may be a better option. mahmudullah can also bowl.
Old January 14, 2011, 01:35 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Faruk Ahmed sounds like a loving mother, talking about all her children
No one can be discarded. One way or other everyone has to be accommodated.
Old January 14, 2011, 02:20 AM
Test Cricketer

Ashraful is no Shakib or Tamim, but he is much better one day player than Nayeem/Riyadh or Rokibul...we are so overawed by NZ Banglawash, but it was Shakib that became the difference between the two sides, nafees and shuvo played well, rubel/shafiul were good...but the rest of them were below par...

It's world cup and we need players who won us matches...I don't remember when was the last time that riyadh/ naeem/ or rokibul won us matches against tough opponents...

In the last t20 wc, ashraful nearly won us the match against pakistan...

I say play him at No. 07, down at the end...use him, dont waste him...if you plan to play him in the top order then don't play him...but he should be included instead of Naeem or Riyadh
Old January 14, 2011, 02:48 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Most of our ex-captains are douchebags. Losers. Sissies who used to lose to associates even at home.

No, Ashraful shouldn't be picked. We have better players now.
with all due respect to your personal opinion, I don't think that most of our ex-captains are douchebags....i think they know a bit more about our cricket than most of us here...

anyway, it is wise to know your strengths as well your weaknesses...

like you said, we've better players now...that's the problem....to be honest, except Shakib or Tamim, we don't have better players who can win us matches...

Imrul, I find him shaky, vulnerable against quality seam bowling....he will be tested against Zaheer, Steyn, etc....

Zunaid, a very good player but fails to play down the ground and gets caught...but this guy has a great level of maturity and might surpass Tamim one day

Raqibul...you talk about sissie, loser mentality...this guy is the perfect example...i donno what the hell is he doing in the team...and why they dont take Jahurul....how beautifully Jahurul batted against England

Riyadh or Nayeem...both are supposed to take advantage of the powerplays, but failed so many times....It really sucks to see blocking balls after balls during powerplays..

Mushfiq...he is doing fine with the bat...he can rotate strike, hit boundaries, build partnerships...

There are many problems with our batting...But Shakib's great performance hid the failure's of others...

If Shakib/ Tamim fails, then i dont think rokibul/ riyadh or nayeem can win us matches but with ashraful u never know...
Old January 14, 2011, 03:37 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

great post ma o mati vai but the prob is ash has mental fatigue..he will just go down and with him take the team...just take the instance of the 1st odi vs zim..got someone(zunaid may be) runout and after that got himself out immediately..and when it comes to rokibul believe me i am a rokibul hater myself but with due respect he is an awesome fielder..our fielding unit looks totally different with he and nayeem in the field..and on top of that shakib bats freely with him and wants rokib instead of ash in the team..Sakib isn't always right but most of the cases i saw he is more or less right..so i think we'll have to trust our best cricketer in this..
Old January 14, 2011, 03:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

ashraful squade thakbe eita ami likhe dilam
Old January 14, 2011, 03:55 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

^eta to amra sobai e jani
Old January 14, 2011, 06:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

1.Tamim
2.Ik
3.SN/JUNAID
4.Rock
5.SAH
6.Mushy
7.Naeem/Riyad
8.Shuvo
9.Razzak
10.Shafiul
11.Pacer
_ _ _ _ _
14.Pace
So still i can see a place is vacant.It ll be replaced either by pacer or by a batsman.So why not Ash?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old January 15, 2011, 07:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Khaled Mahmud's view-
গত বৃহস্পতিবার প্রথম আলো অনলাইনের সঙ্গে আলাপচারিতায় বাংলাদেশের সাবেক অধিনায়ক ও প্রধান নির্বাচক ফারুক আহমেদ বিশ্বকাপ দলে মোহাম্মদ আশরাফুলের অভিজ্ঞতার প্রয়োজনীয়তার ওপর গুরুত্বারোপ করেছিলেন। আশরাফুলের ব্যাপারে ফারুকের সঙ্গেই গলা মেলালেন খালেদ মাহমুদ। তিনি বলেন, ‘আমি ফারুক ভাইয়ের সঙ্গে একমত। কোনো সন্দেহ নেই আশরাফুল বাংলাদেশের অন্যতম সেরা খেলোয়াড়। একজন অভিজ্ঞ খেলোয়াড়। তাঁর বিশ্বকাপ দলে থাকা উচিত।’ খালেদ মাহমুদ মনে করেন, আশরাফুলকে ব্যাটিং পজিশনের চার নম্বরে না খেলিয়ে ৬ নম্বরে খেলানো উচিত। এর ব্যাখ্যা হিসেবে তিনি বলেন, ‘আশরাফুলকে চাপমুক্ত করে, নিজের খেলাটাই খেলতে দেওয়া উচিত। চার নম্বরে ব্যাটিংয়ে নামলে ও সব সময় চাপে থাকে। কিন্তু ছয় নম্বরে নামলে সে তাঁর নিজের খেলাটা খেলতে পারবে। ছয় নম্বর ব্যাটসম্যান সাধারণভাবে ২৫ ওভারের পর মাঠে নামে। সে সময় নতুন বল নেওয়া হয়। বল শক্ত থাকে। মারতে সুবিধা হয়। তা ছাড়া সে সময় পাওয়ার প্লেরও সম্ভাবনা থাকে।
Old January 15, 2011, 07:51 AM
First Class Cricketer

Nahiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii........................ .........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old January 15, 2011, 08:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

I think ash should go play baseball...
Old January 15, 2011, 09:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma_o_mati
Ashraful is no Shakib or Tamim, but he is much better one day player than Nayeem/Riyadh or Rokibul...we are so overawed by NZ Banglawash, but it was Shakib that became the difference between the two sides, nafees and shuvo played well, rubel/shafiul were good...but the rest of them were below par...

It's world cup and we need players who won us matches...I don't remember when was the last time that riyadh/ naeem/ or rokibul won us matches against tough opponents...

In the last t20 wc, ashraful nearly won us the match against pakistan...

I say play him at No. 07, down at the end...use him, dont waste him...if you plan to play him in the top order then don't play him...but he should be included instead of Naeem or Riyadh

Dude, everybody is entitles to their opinion when it comes to Ashraful and his relative worth to the side. But to to forget the contribution of Riyad or Naeem or Roqibul is a tad ungrateful.

Let me refresh your memory. Naeem is the only Bangladeshi player who can claim to have reclaimed a match completely single-handedly. Remember his 71* against Zim? That was the first time I saw a BD XI coming back from the dead.

Also, I remember Riyad led us to win against the Windies in the second-third ODI and who can forget his fifer in the second innings of the first test ? Lastly, if it weren't for Roqibul we might have lost the first test against Windies too.

I don't particularly like Roqibul or Naeem, But they are a greater contributor than Ashraful that's for sure.
Old January 15, 2011, 07:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashfaq
I don't particularly like Roqibul or Naeem, But they are a greater contributor than Ashraful that's for sure.
sorry they are not. showing some test stat doesn't make these players better odi players...

What ash did was far far better then what they did... remember the win we got after 4/8 years was also because of his quick fire... beside when he scored runs rest of the bd players were still in diapers. so don't say some runs against WEEK WI and ZIMBABWE is better that score against Australia, SA, Full strength Zimbabwe and so on... show respect where due.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old January 15, 2011, 07:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

To some of the new members here:

perhaps (re) visiting this article/thread would serve as a reminder to everyone, how much of an IDOL this Ashraful guy was back in 2007

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ht=flag+bearer
Old January 15, 2011, 07:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
sorry they are not. showing some test stat doesn't make these players better odi players...

What ash did was far far better then what they did... remember the win we got after 4/8 years was also because of his quick fire... beside when he scored runs rest of the bd players were still in diapers. so don't say some runs against WEEK WI and ZIMBABWE is better that score against Australia, SA, Full strength Zimbabwe and so on... show respect where due.
Agreed. Let's not compare Ash with Rock/Riyad/Naeem in terms of match winning innings. Ash has played match winning innings against top quality opposition. Let's not forget also the match winning innings against WI who are a very dangerous T20 side. Those innings did get us on the cricket map for sure. Those innings were also not lucky by any means. He batted wonderfully. So wonderfully that it just blew away not only our fans but cricket fans in general.

That's why I just get frustrated with Ash as all of us are. He has so much potential and such great ability but he just has not been successful for a lot of reasons. It's either a very impressive score or a single digit score that makes the innings completely collapse. As we all know he fails a lot more then succeeds. We need more consistent players then Ash. You just can't simply have a top order batsman that's so inconsistent.

Rock/Naeem/Riyad still are not match winners at this level and still have a ways to go before they can be match winners. They are however more consistent. So that's something to build on. They have played some good innings as well in their career. We have to be patient with these players and hope that they can turn out to be good players for us.
Old January 16, 2011, 12:02 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77

I completely agree.
Although I am not sure at this point whether Ash should be included in the team or not but there is no denying about Ashs' contribution for the team (even though they were in the distant past). How can we forget those innings against Australia and SA?
Old January 16, 2011, 01:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat

perhaps (re) visiting this article/thread would serve as a reminder to everyone, how much of an IDOL this Ashraful guy was back in 2007

time changes my friend, so does people's perception. Now we all are going gaga over Shakib/Tamim. Who knows, 5 years down the road we wont ask for their head...
Old January 16, 2011, 01:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটে যুগ-সন্ধিক্ষণের কাণ্ডারি হাবিবুল বাশার আরও বলেন, ‘অনেক দর্শক-সমর্থকই আশরাফুলের দলে অন্তর্ভুক্তি নিয়ে নানা রকম সমালোচনা করলেও তাঁদের একটু নিরাবেগী হতে হবে। ঠান্ডা মাথায় চিন্তা করে দেখতে হবে দলে একজন অভিজ্ঞ খেলোয়াড় হিসেবে আশরাফুলের প্রয়োজনীয়তা। অতীতে অভিজ্ঞ খেলোয়াড়দের বাদ দিয়ে আমরা অনেক আফসোস করেছি, আর করতে চাই না। বাংলাদেশের বর্তমান দলটি খুব ভালো হলেও এতে বিশ্বকাপ খেলা খেলোয়াড় মাত্র তিনজন। আশরাফুল দুটি বিশ্বকাপ খেলেছে। বিশ্বকাপের মতো বড় আসরে আশরাফুলের অভিজ্ঞতা খুবই প্রয়োজন।’
প্রথম আলোকে হাবিবুল বাশার
Old January 16, 2011, 01:42 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat

somoy koto taratari shob bodle dey..
Old January 16, 2011, 02:32 AM
Cricket Legend

NO................Ashraful is history
Old January 16, 2011, 10:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

^^^he still has a lot of criket left in him but sadly enough,not enough brains...
Old January 17, 2011, 12:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashfaq
Dude, everybody is entitles to their opinion when it comes to Ashraful and his relative worth to the side. But to to forget the contribution of Riyad or Naeem or Roqibul is a tad ungrateful.

Let me refresh your memory. Naeem is the only Bangladeshi player who can claim to have reclaimed a match completely single-handedly. Remember his 71* against Zim? That was the first time I saw a BD XI coming back from the dead.

Also, I remember Riyad led us to win against the Windies in the second-third ODI and who can forget his fifer in the second innings of the first test ? Lastly, if it weren't for Roqibul we might have lost the first test against Windies too.

ok, i won't refer to you as Dude...Sir Ashfaq, if you read my post, I clearly mentioned tougher opponents....and we are talking about world cup not any test series....so pointing toward test stats doesn't make any sense....

but you ended the argument when you said roqibul and naeem are greater contributor than Ashraful...Really?...as everyone already knows, Ashraful won us matches against Australia, South Africa, West Indies(t20 full strengthened squad), Sri Lanka...

Riyadh and naeem are both bits and pieces player and we have lost so many games from a good position for Riyadh's selfishness batting and Naeem's inability to hit the ball during the powerplay...

Had it not been for Ashraful's fearless batting...we might not have seen this new generation of players such as Tamim, Shakib, Shuvo...

If Naeem, Riyadh, Rokibul were that good, we wouldn't be in this debacle or having this conversation...

I hope they prove me wrong, as I wish them the bestest success