facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 7, 2009, 01:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Not to take the spotlight away from Shamsur, but Why isn't McInnes still involved in Academy level?

Old April 7, 2009, 01:55 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Now i can't wait to see him in the NT team.can't belive that people from BC talked about him 5 yers ago......really can't wait now....hope he gets call in 20-20 WC
Old April 7, 2009, 02:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

I also think, it's time for him to be in the side. He has proven his worth over a good period of time.

Last edited by BANFAN; April 7, 2009 at 02:25 PM..
Old April 7, 2009, 02:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizvi
Can someone name all the McInnes boys?

Sakib, Nazimuddin, Aftab who else?
I know two/three more...
Musfiq(keeper)<-golden boy tagged by him, Shamsur,Nafees
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old April 7, 2009, 02:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
man.. I wish Mcinns is back again and replace this oversmart Siddons. Siddons is good for nothing. He only knows how to talk and give us wrong hopes.
That is not right. (even though I would have preffered Mciness over him)
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old April 7, 2009, 02:34 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

shamsur is 21 i believe or almost 21 - i dont think he is too young to be brought into the fold; i think he should be included in our top 15; we should play a few practice matches to decide
Old April 7, 2009, 02:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

He was highly touted by McIness. He was also one of the mainstays of that team if I recall. S Nafees, Nazimuddin, N Iqbal, Aftab, Rahim, Shamsur were the core of that batting line up.

Murad
I thought Siddons was guilty of under selling the potential of the natl team when he took over. Lot of folks attacked him for creating low standard with his words. Now, you are saying he has given wrong hope! scratching my head now.
Old April 7, 2009, 02:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

he will come in to our team for the fact that our batting is lacking energy
Old April 7, 2009, 03:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
He was highly touted by McIness. He was also one of the mainstays of that team if I recall. S Nafees, Nazimuddin, N Iqbal, Aftab, Rahim, Shamsur were the core of that batting line up.

Murad
I thought Siddons was guilty of under selling the potential of the natl team when he took over. Lot of folks attacked him for creating low standard with his words. Now, you are saying he has given wrong hope! scratching my head now.
Coaches play a great role creating good cricketers...otherwise how McIness found all these prospects who some how peformed and served in the national team. Shamsur Rahman might keep on performing for few more years to get final call, but if situation requires he might have to get into the National team. But like all others during last 10 years, he will face extreme difficulties in the international arena, unless otherwise prepared differently unlike his counterparts. I don't understand why they don't go with Plan B when Plan A is failed for last ten years.
Old April 7, 2009, 04:21 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
... I don't understand why they don't go with Plan B when Plan A is failed for last ten years.
There is no Plan A to begin with, let alone Plan B. Players are selected whimpsically by those who are blind.
Old April 7, 2009, 04:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
he did good in england with bat. and if i'm not confusing with someone else, he's only 16. i'd not mind giving him a chance on another day, but right now, we've just given too many chances to new guns that has not been tested completely. it will be unjustified to leave them aside because of samsu now. he's plenty of time ahead of him and he's getting what he needs under mcinnes. let this guy finish his polishing before we pull samsul to senior team. let first consontrate on what we've already pulled out of u19.
In cricinfo it says he is 20 actually almost reaching 21...i think that he should be given a chance..he already has proven himself enough

http://content.cricinfo.com/banglade...yer/56154.html
Old April 7, 2009, 04:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
man.. I wish Mcinns is back again and replace this oversmart Siddons. Siddons is good for nothing. He only knows how to talk and give us wrong hopes.
In complete ageement with you.

last time we had discussion on JS, many of the BC members was aso having the same opinion but wanted to wait until he completes one year. Think it's about time to revive that discussion.

Whatever improvements we are seeing is the result of complete individual efforts and natural progress with time & experience. Haven't seen anything noticeable to appreciate the coach. Any way almost all of his ideas and experiments have been thrown out of the windows, but at some cost.
Old April 7, 2009, 04:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
This was when he was 16. Now he is 20+. But the point is he has led the DPL scoring. I think it is his time.
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=7396&highlight=shamsur

A most recent telephone interview:

http://www.bangladesherkhela.info/in...&editionID=647
Translating the last question and answer:

Question: Now obviously your sight is to play for the national team. But selecting young successful cricketers in the domestic league like you there remains a risk. They can't take the heat of the international cricket. (under cooked)

Shamsur Rahman Shuvo: All I can say is that I am ready. Cause when ever where ever I played, I played well. Be it in age group or academy teams. And certainly no one will select me because of my name. They will select by player's performance. And to pick me or not to pick me, it all depends on the selectors. When they will think the time has come they will call up. My dream is to play for Bangladesh and play for long time.

He is one of the McInns boys.
What a dig! He wasn't just one of McInnes's boys. Shamsur Rahman was predicted to be Bangladesh's first world class batsman by the coach. I distinctly remember that McInnes said that this kid has everything.
Old April 7, 2009, 08:12 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
In cricinfo it says he is 20 actually almost reaching 21...i think that he should be given a chance..he already has proven himself enough

That was 4 years ago when he was 16.
Old April 7, 2009, 09:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagol-chagol
What a dig! He wasn't just one of McInnes's boys. Shamsur Rahman was predicted to be Bangladesh's first world class batsman by the coach. I distinctly remember that McInnes said that this kid has everything.
McInnes was a fan.

See his interview: "Talent, Enamul & the promise of the U19s" - the McInnes interview - G. M. Bashar (22nd January, 2005)

This discussion on the interview.

Excerpt:

Quote:
I know which player I want in my team. This is one of the reasons why I rate Shamsur Rahman so highly. He is the first type of player mentioned above, the harder it is and the better he performs. When it is easy he gets bored and tends to get out, as he did against Zimbabwe. He simply thought it was easy, hit too sixes in the first three overs off a test bowler, then got out. I told him it was being arrogant, which is dangerous and needs to be curbed. Confidence is great but arrogance is dangerous. This was completely out of character of him and we discussed it afterwards. He turned around a few days later batted the way he normally does and made a very mature 59 not out for Mohommedan. That is a great sign, that he learns very quickly, and so he will continue to get better.
and.... in response to "Q-Can you quickly rate the top 4 or 5 players that will have a significant impact in our future test team, i.e. 5 to 6 years down the road?"

His answer was:

Quote:
I think we are getting close to a stable group of players that will stay together for about 10 years, which will contribute enormous benefits to the competitiveness of the national team.

If I rub the crystal ball and guess what our national squad may be in 5 years (2010): Nafees Iqbal, Nafees Ahmed, Ashraful, Aftab, Rajin, Shamsur Rahman, Saqib Al Hasan, Marshall Ayub, Alok, Mushfiqur Rahim, Enamul Haque Jnr, Masharafe, Talha, Rajib, Shafaq Al Jabar, Dollar Mahmud, Nazmul Hossain, Sorwardy Shuvo and Ashim Chowdhury. It will be interesting to look back in 5 years and see how many are still there.
Do note that this interview was in 2005. Before IPL/ICL/AshrafL.
Old April 7, 2009, 09:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

did he have any part of raqibul hasan's development? surprised raqibul's name isn't in the players he listed, naeem isn't there either..
Old April 7, 2009, 10:35 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim IK/Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
did he have any part of raqibul hasan's development? surprised raqibul's name isn't in the players he listed, naeem isn't there either..
well, hes not a god or anything lol... he only noticed the ones that were performing at that time.
Old April 7, 2009, 11:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashed411
well, hes not a god or anything lol... he only noticed the ones that were performing at that time.
it's not necessarily about performance, but more about potential and attitude, plus raqibul was playing A team and u19 cricket in 2005 so thought rich prob should have known about him. naeem was in u17s from 2002, some players you don't pick end up doing really well and some you pick to be stars fall flat on their face. just thought it was interesting that naeem ans especially raqibul weren't mentioned since they've been 2 of the most consistent domestic performers over the last few years.
Old April 8, 2009, 12:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahela Jayawardene

Is this his cricinfo profile:

I get the feeling he will be another kid who will mess up in international cricket!!
Old April 8, 2009, 12:04 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

i like this kid too, however, atm, he should be aware of the intense competition right now...who knows, if Ashraful/Tamim/Mehrab jr. flops... he might get a call up sooner than later

i think Bangladesh's Prime time in the International scene has arrived it is only a matter of character, the right attitude and blessings of Allah
Old April 8, 2009, 12:23 AM
Cricket Guru

at this stage i'd like to see shamsur in ahead of junaid, imrul or merhab jr. those guys really haven't worked for a prolonged length of time (whereas tamim has) and i don't see anything wrong with giving this kid a chance since he's the top DPL run scorer and has such high praise put on him by coaches and players (caught sanath's eye and sanath has seen a lot of world class cricketers play), he seems to be a player who has all the ability necessary to succeed at the international level (people have said he has basically all the shots, they've said he can take singles, and can play both pace and spin well), the right attitude, learns quick and can play to the situation.

only concern is that his NCL consistency hasn't been that great, but he seems to have the right attributes which is hard to find in BD.
Old April 8, 2009, 12:44 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

i think in a year we will see him in the national team, Gowza.

tbh, Gowza, i also think he needs more experience, Bangladesh seriously needs to raise the bar and standard of letting any "random player" into the national squad, i mean will we ever forget Dollar Mahmud? no.i mean majority of Aussie players do not make their debut with (certain exceptions) until they are 25/26 and they have massive cricketing experience under their belt, hence why we see Australlia in the last 14 years dominated world cricket, and it is easy to see how they have produced abundant amount of world class cricketers with minimal ease
Old April 8, 2009, 01:05 AM
Cricket Guru

more experience would be good but there's also the worry that not pushing him more will make him "bored", rich seems to think he's one that needs to be pushed and put into pressure situations to get the best out of him. but i think BD is getting to a point where they've got a good bunch of players and the majority of them should be together for a good couple of years (or more hopefully) but we can't ignore that some places in the national team still need to be filled with better players. we thought we found some solutions with junaid and imrul but we haven't, those guys defintely aren't ready. i've heard a lot more about shamsur than the other guys before they got into the national team and he definitely "sounds" like a better option atm. is he ready? won't know until we try will we, would like to see him in the t20 team though, even if he isn't selected for the ODI or test team yet so we can get a bit of a look at him.
Old April 8, 2009, 06:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashed411
Lol! you'd be surprised at the number of BC members who seem to think he's a god!

McInnes may be right about Shamsur Rahman (only time will tell) but he was probably wrong about enamul. I know he hasn't played much test cricket recently, but for me Enamul's been very disappointing especially from his time with maharashtra. At the moment shakib and razzak are easily far better bowlers. But he is still young and i really hope he fulfills that potential McInnes was referring too.

It's also a shame that guys like Talha have not progressed in the way McInnes predicted he would. talha's not an ICL rebel, yet he has been overtaken by the likes of mahbubul alam and Rubel hossain. I even think Subashish roy is likely to debut before Talha earns a recall...
Old April 8, 2009, 06:30 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Jut imagin if Talha wasn't injured and still was in NT team .it would have been great as mash+talha would have been one of the best new ball pair but injury ruined talha's life...but im still hoping that he can come back in the NT team and will be better than ever