facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 27, 2015, 11:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Is their any talented Bangladeshis in the Aussie cricket system.

I know their are fans dowunder.
I know their have been some Sri Lankans,Indians and Pakistanis make it downunder nationally,state cricket or under 19 cricket.
Not sure of any Bangladeshi talent,their are certainly a community down here.

Old January 28, 2015, 12:15 AM
ODI Cricketer

know a lot of talent, some play grade cricket here. that's as much as I know.
Old January 28, 2015, 12:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

There is a guy called Tahmid from Sydney, I saw him many time playing in the local BD Gold cup tournament. His biggest achievement so far is getting the Michael Clarke scholarship.

http://www.bangla-sydney.com/20121/a...hmid-mafid.pdf

I heard he is playing the local Grade cricket but not sure in which grade because there are many levels. He also played some country cricket in England. But I dont think he can hit the highest level like Sandhu and Khawaja did.

Apart from him, there is this guy Ishraq Sonet (Ex BD U19 player) playing some grade cricket as well.
Old January 28, 2015, 12:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_army
There is a guy called Tahmid from Sydney, I saw him many time playing in the local BD Gold cup tournament. His biggest achievement so far is getting the Michael Clarke scholarship.

http://www.bangla-sydney.com/20121/a...hmid-mafid.pdf

I heard he is playing the local Grade cricket but not sure in which grade because there are many levels. He also played some country cricket in England. But I dont think he can hit the highest level like Sandhu and Khawaja did.

Apart from him, there is this guy Ishraq Sonet (Ex BD U19 player) playing some grade cricket as well.
My friend Mafid is Tahmid's brother and Mafid is also a very good cricketer. Heard great things about Tahmid but not sure if he will make state level but i dont think anyone will be able to judge his batting atm cos he is still developing. He got paid to play county cricket so thats a good sign that he is getting noticed.

I heard about a Shariful Islam guy a long way back. Lives in Sydney. Played for Bangladesh U-17 with the likes of Ashraful. Broke School Boy record partnerships with Phil Hughes. But dont think he has been playing that well to get noticed in grade cricket but he is 27 now i think. http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...shariful+islam

Tbh i thought as well if BCB look into Bangali cricketers within the England or Australian system and then lure them back to Bangladesh it would be the perfect thing but tbh its not really required and is not something that should be relied upon.

Bangladesh unquestionably produce good raw talents. Its the development within the BD cricketing system that is missing. The coaching systems are only intense for the national team, you need to start from grass roots. That is the basis of success for all the top cricket teams. Unless that happens we wont consistently produce world class players.

Shakib is the exception but even that he is a freak talent. Shakib relies on his talent as he is not a polished cricketer like other world class players such as Steyn, Kohli, Sanga are.

Last edited by BengaliPagol; January 28, 2015 at 01:30 AM..
Old January 28, 2015, 01:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Yes grade here is pretty competitive.For some making 1st grade is an achievement,anyway hopefuly 1/2 will emerge i think their was a Bangladeshi side in the Thunder cup,which is a cup for all ethnic groups,don't think anyone emerged 1 Afghani did and got a community contract with the Thunder in the Big Bash but did not play.