facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 21, 2005, 04:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Default thoughts about the indian team

i always thought that indian team is the biggest underachiever in cricket. they have some tremendous players who never play to their potential (except tendu or dravid lately). think about yuvraj, he is such a nice batsman but he never seems to concentrate when he is batting, maybe his mind is in the commercials or in some actress etc.

but the biggest factor that contribute of their underachievement i think is that they tend to give players too much respect. when tendu is not playing or gangu is not captain, it seems like they believe they will lose. It is important for the indian team to get rid of this mindset. the absence of tendu and also gangu for next months i think will be blessing for the indian team. yuvraj should be sent to open in one dayers as he is much better against pace . laxman should be sent consistently at number 3. all in all a new look batting lineup under dravid would fare much better.

Old July 21, 2005, 11:36 PM
Street Cricketer

They are much hyped team ...........in many cases they project their youngsters so much that when they fail to perform they have immense pressure on them .........simply indians have couple of great batsmen but their bowling attack is only better than BD nd Zimb
Old July 22, 2005, 02:40 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by 2Ws
They are much hyped team ...........in many cases they project their youngsters so much that when they fail to perform they have immense pressure on them .........simply indians have couple of great batsmen but their bowling attack is only better than BD nd Zimb
Their spin attack is still one of the best.
Old July 22, 2005, 02:43 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

i dont think they are underachievers. they came in second in the last world cup, and that's what they deserved.
Old July 22, 2005, 07:20 AM
First Class Cricketer

yea They are underachievers thats because they drew the series in Australia and Defeated Australia at Home in 2001(when Australia had won 16 consecutive matches)
Old July 22, 2005, 07:51 AM
ODI Cricketer

India are a good side, no doubt about it, but their seam attack lets them down I think. Also, for some reason, despite all the talent in the batting, they have become inconsistent. Laxman has gone downhill and so has Ganguly which hasn't helped there cause. Yuvraj is also overated.

India will always be a hard side to beat at home because of their spin attack and the batting, but when away from home I think their seam attack will cause them problems. Pathan is good but the likes of Nehra, Agarkar and Zaheer are all inconsistent and rather average. Until they find a good quality fast bowler who can accompany Pathan, they will remain behind England.
Old July 22, 2005, 09:45 AM
First Class Cricketer

I agree with you Rob.
But England have to be well prepared before they come to India.Its gonna be totally different
Trescothik may do well.Strauss,I havent seen him against spin but will play the medium pacers better.Flintoff would click.So does KP.But I dont see Bell,doing well.Vaughan is inconsistent Nowadays.Harmsison should try to get the better out of Sehwag or he destroys u even McGrath had some Problems.
I dont think Sachin and Saurav would perform well against the English Pacemen.
Bettter watch out for Dravid,Sehwag,Laxman(unpredictable)----but beware,Pathan,Kumble,Harbhajan
Hey Rob I forget to mentin about one guy....Hees currently rated as India's no1 seam bowler-------.Laxmipathy Balaji...hees really good ...i promise

Edited on, July 22, 2005, 2:49 PM GMT, by banindfan.
Old July 22, 2005, 09:51 AM
ODI Cricketer

Batters- very good
Bowlers- below average
Fielders- poor but improving with the likes of Kaif, Yuvraj
Captaincy- extremely poor.
Media- worships them like gods(they're made out of flesh and blood, just like all of us)
Old July 22, 2005, 09:55 AM
First Class Cricketer

I agree chyicarus...But we r still Ranked 3rd in Test Matches win 6/7 test matches a year ,So got to give credit maaan
Old July 22, 2005, 10:33 AM
ODI Cricketer

almost five matches a year are won in your home soil- so i still wont give you credit. And no team can rise up so quickly unless they show some consistency over a good number of years.
Even when WI were struggling, we still regarded them as 2-3 team in tests.
Old July 22, 2005, 10:47 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by banindfan
I agree with you Rob.
But England have to be well prepared before they come to India.Its gonna be totally different
Trescothik may do well.Strauss,I havent seen him against spin but will play the medium pacers better.Flintoff would click.So does KP.But I dont see Bell,doing well.Vaughan is inconsistent Nowadays.Harmsison should try to get the better out of Sehwag or he destroys u even McGrath had some Problems.
I dont think Sachin and Saurav would perform well against the English Pacemen.
Bettter watch out for Dravid,Sehwag,Laxman(unpredictable)----but beware,Pathan,Kumble,Harbhajan
Hey Rob I forget to mentin about one guy....Hees currently rated as India's no1 seam bowler-------.Laxmipathy Balaji...hees really good ...i promise

Edited on, July 22, 2005, 2:49 PM GMT, by banindfan.
May I just ask that people are patient and wait a while before making conclusions about Ian Bell. I have seen a lot of him and he does have a lot going for him and I am sure he will prove his worth in time.

Vaughan very rarely gets out to spin and is a good player of it, Trescothicks an OK player of spin, Strauss is unproven really, so is Ian Bell, Freddie will either fail or destroy spin, G Jones is unproven. KP is relatively unproven but is apparantly a good player of spin, he destroyed India A's spinners when England A toured India last and has destroyed Warne on a few occasions, albeit in charity games.

We should drop Hoggard for the sub continent, he is badly overated in my opinion. When it doesn't swing he is money for old rope.

Edited on, July 22, 2005, 3:48 PM GMT, by Rob.
Old July 22, 2005, 10:48 AM
First Class Cricketer

Ok...Atleast we r a gr8 team at Home and a below ordinary team away....Only Australia,India,England ,Srilanka are amazing at Home
Old July 22, 2005, 02:38 PM
Test Cricketer

Batting is good, bowling has potential to be much better. One more quality pacer and India should be more competitive overseas. Let's see if Dravid is a more astute captain than Ganguly.
Old July 22, 2005, 03:10 PM
Cricket Legend

i dont think yuvraj is over rated, when he started out his 1st innings against australia was superb, also another one in australia in WSC was out of the world. he looks over rated because his stellar performaces comes rarely.

but the real problem of indians is that they tend to buckle under pressure. in the WC final i think the match was lost in the 1st 10 overs, they get intimidated very easily. the same happened when afridi took them on, their shoulders drop and they think defeat is inevitable.
Old July 22, 2005, 11:43 PM
First Class Cricketer

Realistically speaking............Only team who dont buckle under pressure is Australia