facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 31, 2010, 07:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default Zimbabwe might be BACK!

rumors afloat that sean ervine, marillier and goodwin might be coming back as they were named by the ZC in a provisional 30-man squad for the West Indies tour.

ervine was a world class bat and this could be what it takes to push zimbabwe back to test status.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old January 31, 2010, 08:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

goodwin was world class as well, i really hope zim get back to test cricket soon. there are also rumours that andy blignaut id going to play in their new domestic league, and with the players that cameback a few months ago zim are on track to getting abck into test cricket.
Old January 31, 2010, 10:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

20 wickets? no. So no way near when the left test status.
Old January 31, 2010, 11:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

All my best wishes for Zimbabwe cricket and I hope and pray for them to come back strong!
Old February 1, 2010, 06:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
All my best wishes for Zimbabwe cricket and I hope and pray for them to come back strong!
Amen to that! They deserve to come back as it was no fault of their own.
Old February 1, 2010, 12:48 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Still a long way from being back.
Its really unfortunate though.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old February 1, 2010, 12:58 PM
Cricket Legend

i really miss the zimbos
Old February 1, 2010, 03:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
20 wickets? no. So no way near when the left test status.
maybe not, but they basically will have to start all over again. besides, how often did they take 20 wickets from 1992-2004? no one complained about their test status then.

we need some healthy competition. so i'm all for zimbabwe, ireland, and afghanistan getting test status in the next 10 years or as soon as possible.

afghanistan posted 474 against ireland, and no matter how flat the track, thats an achievement, that we still may or may not be able to do. i'm not saying they're better than us, but we should definitely not be elitist like some of our other friends.

in ervine, taibu, masakadza, sibanda, chigumbura, taylor, and williams zimbabwe already has a solid and strong batting lineup + WK. only bowling is weak, and yes, this side will struggle to take 5 wickets let alone 20, but if they're batsmen put up runs, a few wickets will come. they can certainly be better than we were until quite recently.

jarvis has raw pace, good build, and all the tools to be a solid test class bowler. add in mpofu, rainsford, mupariwa, and blignaut you've got solidity. price is a wicket taker, and utseya will choke the runs even though he'll be the first bowler to have a 1000+ test average.

i for one would be excited to face this FULL STRENGTH Zim team.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 1, 2010, 03:26 PM
Cricket Guru

blignaut is also apparently in the 30 man provisional squad which would bolster the bowling attack. lots of words being floated around that sean ervine's kolpak contract won't be up for awhile and that he won't be able to play for zimbabwe just yet.
Old February 2, 2010, 08:17 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sean Williams

Great news for Zimbabwe cricket to have Blignaut and Marril;er back in the frame

Sean Ervine wont be able to play for another year at the earlyest but we are not there yet, we despratly need another pacer (Possibly Antony Ireland returning at the end of 2010) and then we will have a decent case.

The batting is ok but the bowling not quite up to it.
Old February 2, 2010, 03:13 PM
Cricket Guru

yeah just heard another rumour that ireland signed with the southern rocks, sure would be good for zimbabwe cricket if all these players came back so fingers crossed.
Old February 2, 2010, 03:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimfan
Great news for Zimbabwe cricket to have Blignaut and Marril;er back in the frame

Sean Ervine wont be able to play for another year at the earlyest but we are not there yet, we despratly need another pacer (Possibly Antony Ireland returning at the end of 2010) and then we will have a decent case.

The batting is ok but the bowling not quite up to it.
blignaut certainly solidifies the bowling...not so sure about ireland - he never looked anything special to me.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 2, 2010, 03:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

We need Zimbabwe back to boost our ugly Test stats.
Old February 2, 2010, 04:22 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
maybe not, but they basically will have to start all over again. besides, how often did they take 20 wickets from 1992-2004? no one complained about their test status then..
Doesn't matter how many times they took 20 wickets, they can brag that they won series against Pakistan and India. They almost won against WI had it not been Edward defending 33 balls on the 10 wicket partnership with Jacob on the other end. I don't think any one could complain with that type of record. I am not sure when we can win a series next and against who. Pakistan with all their infighting can just unleash Aamer and Asif and we would be cooked. And this Pak team is no where near than the one who lost to Zim.
+++
I also want them to play test cricket along with other nations like Ireland. But giving Afgans, and some other country test status in next 5 years would only make me selfish.
+++
I wish Zim well and hope they can work their way out of this misery.
Old February 2, 2010, 06:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Doesn't matter how many times they took 20 wickets, they can brag that they won series against Pakistan and India. They almost won against WI had it not been Edward defending 33 balls on the 10 wicket partnership with Jacob on the other end. I don't think any one could complain with that type of record. I am not sure when we can win a series next and against who. Pakistan with all their infighting can just unleash Aamer and Asif and we would be cooked. And this Pak team is no where near than the one who lost to Zim.
+++
I also want them to play test cricket along with other nations like Ireland. But giving Afgans, and some other country test status in next 5 years would only make me selfish.
+++
I wish Zim well and hope they can work their way out of this misery.
yeah, but including all the wins against BD, they won something like just 7 tests...3 or 4 of them against BD. i mean even we've come uber close to winning 3-4 tests.

bottom line is, if these guys come back, then this zim team is a fulls strength team...and any perceived weakness is due to teh natural ebb and flow...not some artificial reason. just like how WI are now a shadow of their former team...they still have test status, and rightfully so.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 4, 2010, 06:56 AM
Cricket Guru

sean ervine gets a century (still going as i post this) upon his return to zim domestic cricket for the rocks, his brother got 80 odd in the same innings. blignaut is in the t20 squad for the tuskers.