facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 6, 2006, 09:47 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

With Sadi's GURANTY, the little master slienced his critic. However in the end they lost the match. 2004, sachin scores century against pakistan and india loses the match. 2005, same result. Now 2006, no different.

Old February 6, 2006, 10:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

just knew it....... LOL..... anyways.... its great to see another century from him... he kinda struggled to begin with but once he got his lucky break, he never stopped.... in the end, I feel like india were atleast 20 runs short... tendulkar and dravids out was very important..... the catch malik took to dismiss dhoni was amazing...
Old February 6, 2006, 10:19 AM
Cricket Sage

For the sake of Tendulkar's fans I hope he does. May be he regained his confidence and form back with this 100.

The pitch was batting pitching, the field was smaller. Almost every one scored at will. Tendulkar was bowled in a no-ball and thus survived. He was too cautious halfway through, even though he had some great shots in the 2nd part of his innings.

More explosive batting by Pathan, Dhoni, Yuvraj, Shoaib Malik and some may more steady score by Salman Butt may have hiden Tendulkar's performance while I was watching the game on TV. I never felt that he was dominating the game compared to other batsman; actually I was hoping Tendulkar doesn’t get out and thus help stabilize the run rate for Pakistan. Now if you just see the scorecard you may say wait a minute, 100 in 103 are very good. I agree with you. However if you were watching the game, I hope you understand what I meant. Tendulkar started slowly midway of his innings, where as Pathan, Dhoni, Yuvraj were blasting the innings. May be that’s why I couldn’t appreciate Tendulkar’s innings the way I should do.

But one thing is for sure. Tendulkar may have proved again his importance in Indian team, he is still good enough to satisfy his vast fans. But he is no longer close to his old dominating form though.

But for me, I would rather wait before he scores some good runs in TEST.

Edited on, February 6, 2006, 3:20 PM GMT, by Fazal.

Edited on, February 6, 2006, 3:37 PM GMT, by Fazal.
Reason: typo
Old February 6, 2006, 10:48 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tareq Aziz

THE MASTER IS BACCCCCCCCCCCCK!

Old February 6, 2006, 10:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

well when pathan and dhoni is blasting on the other side, you don't need tendulkar to go for his shots... he was just playing the sheet anchor rule and rightly so... so if you watched the game, you must have noticed when pathan batted... tendulkar hardly got strike.... after 17 over, tendulkar had played only 31 balls... i think that says a lot about how the game was going at that time...
Old February 6, 2006, 12:44 PM
Street Cricketer

I just can't blv how much ppl have come to expect from sachin!! even after his century ppl have already started questioning the timing of his dismissal. for god's sake it was a umpiring blunder that got the better of him. his reverse sweep was just an attempt to accelarate the innings even more so that the total went beyond sight!! alas i feel some ppl will never come to appreciate him.

i think you guy's have missed dravid saying "i would have come out earlier had tendulkar been out" ......and you guys would have missed two blistering half centuries.....but that explains how much sachin's presence means even today!!! and one must understand that after a 40+ overs stay on the field a man of 30+ age can easily lose concentration for a moment.....and it just takes one single ball to get out...........hmm.......but he wasn't out to the ball anyway!!!!!!!!