facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 6, 2006, 08:53 PM
Street Cricketer

Default How is Whatmore doing?

Hai cricket fanatics hows going? I was just curious about the cricket coach Dav Whatmore. How is he? What is new with him? What are your thoughts about his next strategy? Lastly but most importantly, Woolmar has done a magic with the pakistani team. Do you think we can get him after Dav leaves?

Old February 6, 2006, 11:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

To answer your question, we can get Woolmar only if we can afford to pay him.
Old February 7, 2006, 08:40 AM
Test Cricketer

I feel first some of the Bangladeshi players need to grow up. I am saying so coz when we see the way some of our batsmean gets out, its embarassing. Some of them dont noe to play with responsibility.....

Dav Whatmore is very good coach but the some of the players just cant get in to their heads what he wants them do. In the cricket field its the players who has to take the responsibility.

I feel Dav Whatmore is a very good coach for our team. We dont really need to bring Woolmer when we have got Dav.
Old February 7, 2006, 09:42 AM
Cricket Sage

Hai cricket fanatics hows going?
Who me? Me no fanatic.

How is he(Dav Whatmore)?
I guess same old same old...

What is new with him?
Next time I talk with his night gaurd , I will ask him about Dav.

What are your thoughts about his next strategy?
What strategy? Do he have any new strategy? Sahre with us about his new strategy, then we will give you our feedback.

Do you think we can get him (Woolmar) after Dav leaves?

Is Dav leaving? When? Is Woolmar leaving? When?

Edited on, February 7, 2006, 2:42 PM GMT, by Fazal.
Old February 7, 2006, 10:50 AM
ODI Cricketer

I thought we had more important things to discuss..for example..U-19 world cup, SL series, Kenya series, NCL, ..
Old February 7, 2006, 03:17 PM
Street Cricketer

Well I thought that Whatmore won't be in for bd after 2007 WC. So I thought Woolmer should be our next choice. I am surprise how Paks are doing now.
Old February 8, 2006, 04:26 AM
Test Cricketer

whatmore has improved bangladesh team since he took over in 2003. but i think after the incident of him wanting to go to india, bangladeshi fans lost respect for him. i dont know about everyone else but i certainly did. i know he is a professional but him openly wanting to coach the indian team even when he knew how much bangladesh cricket needs him i think that made bangladeshi fans lose alot of respect for him. to me he is just an australian who is coaching bangladesh. if he leaves we will just get someone else to do the job. i dont think whatmore is as popular anymore among bangladeshi as he was couple of years ago. after that india incident he will never get love from bangladeshi fans as gordan greenidge or eddie barlow did.
Old February 8, 2006, 04:46 AM
Cricket Legend

The way the board politics is going, who knows the board can put some Bangladeshi in the post after Dav leaves. From that point, Faruque would be a candidate. If we think he doesn't have int'l coaching training, among Others, Fahim could be the next one. Fahim is probably the asst coach of our U-19 team now. He's done quite a few training courses - A grade, B grade - not sure. Anyway, I don't think McInnes would be asked by the board, he dumped BCB (sort of) once by leaving U-19 job (professionally ofcourse). Another surprise could be: Alister could be offered the job (if BD U-19 turns the table winning the WC this time). Any other idea?
Old February 8, 2006, 10:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

well I have to say our board is doing a good job with coaches so far... and when I say that, I mean under-19 coaches... both mcinns and alister were very good choice by the board and perfect for the kids.... hopefully they will do the same once they need to look for a new coach for the national team... I don't think its going to happen soon but by then we should have someone in mind... and I don't want board to make the same mistake that they made with mcinns and want them to give alister atleast another 3-4 years...
Old February 8, 2006, 10:05 AM
First Class Cricketer

Whatmore is a good coach but the problem is our boys can't follow the instructions.
Old February 8, 2006, 10:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

And how many of our cricketers graduated from college? How do you expect an average Bangladeshi player to understand the super linguist Watmore who is one of the most elequont english speaking coach?
Watmore is a professional coach with credentials that matches any other test playing countries coach,, maybe even in the top 5. He is doing his part,, but I dont see our cricketers doing their part. We still see Ashraful/Bashar... ( not going to even finish that sentence)

However, all these discussions are pretty irrelevant as he is not leaving as far as Bangladesh is concerned.
Old February 8, 2006, 11:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

just wondering... do we have an interpreter in our team?? looks like our star players don't seem to understand what DW is tryiing to teach them...
Old February 8, 2006, 12:24 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

I think whatmore knows fair bit of 'banglish' by now already!