facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 8, 2006, 12:49 PM
Cricket Legend

A win always feels good, and a win against a talented team like Pakistan is great. But I still think our batsmen played immaturish (which is not unusual considering their age) to make a hard game out of an easy one. In the last few matches, there is a noticeable trend of our batsmen getting out after getting set in the wicket, most of the times playing unnecessarily over aggressive. Cubs, like seniors, are showing worrying tendency of going for big shots most of the times instead of finding gaps and keep rotating the strike with ones and twos. Fortunately for us, Paki batters also played recklessly and the quality of their fielding side was no comparison to that of ours.

Talents are definitely there, in a year or two, this team may turn out to be a better one than the current national side, but for now, they have a lot to learn if they were to be successful in international arena.

Edited on, February 8, 2006, 5:51 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.

Old February 8, 2006, 02:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Faruk on U/19\'s

DS Report

Chief selector Faruque Ahmed, who is now in Sri Lanka with the future stars, highly praised Mushfiqur's innings although he was not satisfied with the top-order batting in two matches.

"Mushfiq played a real captain's knock. It was also a composed and class knock which guided the team to a comfortable victory after the bowlers had set the platform. But I'm really disappointed with the top-order that failed for a second time," Faruque told the Daily Star Sport over phone from Colombo.

The former national captain, however, was excited with the fact that Bangladesh for the first time qualified in the upper stage of the competition.

"It was not unexpected given their success in the last seven months but no doubt it was a big achievement for an extraordinary batch which has the ability to win matches consistently," said an elated Faruque.

"The boys came into this tournament as one of the favourites and so far they have proved that it was not a fluke and I can only assure you that boys are ready for further challenges. They have the rare quality to avoid complacency after winning any matches," he added.

"We are not thinking about our quarterfinal match rather we are looking forward to beat Uganda in the last group match tomorrow to maintain the winning run," he said.

Edited on, February 8, 2006, 7:27 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.
Old February 8, 2006, 03:23 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

I have not talked about my feelings yet even though I opened the thread. To be honest, I feel pressure. Pressure to live upto the expectation. Hope the players do not feel the same way.

However, its a good and rare feeling of 'we are better'. given the situation from where they won both of the matches, I can see the biggest difference between them and the national team. in those situations, most likey the seniors would lost their nerves. These kids seems like "OK the sitation is bad. so, I'm gonna go out there and do the right thing. what would happen, is useless to think". if they were not able to keep it cool in both cases, they would have loose at least one. this is what making me even more hopeful. they will not loose until the game is over.
Old February 8, 2006, 03:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

these kids can play under pressure... they won the tournament in dhaka against srilanka.... they are having fun out there which is a good thing
Old February 8, 2006, 03:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Talk about pressure...
[quote]"There has been a bit of pressure on us with `phone calls going back and forth to Bangladesh over the past couple of days so hopefully this will relieve some of it," said coach Allister de Winter afterwards.

-ICC website
Old February 8, 2006, 03:59 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by capslock
I deal with it by realizing that Under 19 tournaments ultimately mean crap all in terms of international cricket.
man thats a dumb statement to make.

it means our future is bright even though our present is showeded.
Old February 8, 2006, 04:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

The entire world knows now that we are one of the teams who might win the world cup, I am satisfied.
Old February 8, 2006, 05:06 PM
Street Cricketer

good for bangladeshi cricket...frankly, i didn't even know this tournament had even started...but good on you guys beating pakistan...as an aside, can we steal ashraful from you guys?
Old February 8, 2006, 05:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by Aurangzeb
can we steal ashraful from you guys?
What you will give in return? Asif and Salman Butt?
Old February 8, 2006, 05:26 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
Quote:
can we steal ashraful from you guys?
What you will give in return? Asif and Salman Butt?
tough bargain, but i'll have to decline...however, as a goodwill gesture...you can have mohammad sami for free...
Old February 8, 2006, 05:36 PM
Cricket Legend

I feel positive about our future in cricket. It wud be fair to dream about 2011 WC when our team shoud be matured enough to target semi final (atleast) in senior world cup.

Quarter final opponent could be England or Zimbabwe, I guess. Batting should click from top order, bowling (pacers) should be more accurate and disciplined rather than adventurous (like rajib in Lords).

Go BD go - win it in such a fabulous way that everybody can remember this for a long long time.
Old February 8, 2006, 05:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
tough bargain, but i'll have to decline...however, as a goodwill gesture...you can have mohammad sami for free...
If you give him free, we will take him. We need some fast bowlers for our a-team. He will fit there nicely.
Old February 8, 2006, 06:13 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

since you are such a gentleman and giving us a free sample, how can we resist giving the favore back. you can have all of the following national players of ours:

khaled mahmud
alok kapali
hannah sarkar
tushar imran
mushfiqur rahman
anwar hossain munir

want any more? I can give you a full set of 14 players who played in national team recently.
Old February 8, 2006, 06:21 PM
Cricket Legend

If he just takes Khaled Mahmud, that alone would make me a very happy fan.
Old February 8, 2006, 06:28 PM
Street Cricketer

ahahahahaha...i'm afraid nobody other than ashraful would make it on the current pak side...but thanks anyways...but on a serious note, i believe bangla is on its way up...should have seen the look on those bharatwasi's faces when bangla beat them in that odi...Aahahahahaha
Old February 8, 2006, 07:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

I am delighted and feeling good. Still saving my energy for that moment when U-19 will lift the cup.
Old February 8, 2006, 07:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally posted by mshakir56
The entire world knows now that we are one of the teams who might win the world cup, I am satisfied.
spot on,
Old February 8, 2006, 10:49 PM

I feel like we have tough time ahead, since our batsman are not producing good partnership last 2 matchs. It's pretty disappointing, even though we won those matchs comfortably, but in super league or tournament phase ( semi ), there is no option but win against same level ( strong ) opposition. To win these opposition, we must need big innings from our batsman, big partnership, and play through 50 overs. This time we got huge chance to win against them, since we already won against them at least once ( except IND, WI ). But one bad day ( against ZIM or ENG ) can kick us out even before semi! and that would be really pathetic! Playing in semi against AUS or WI or IND will be more tough, if we cant play big innings and partnership.

BD has never been in a position like this ( favorite ), which seems / could be a big weakness. Anyway, now I feel like, it will be very very disappointing if we fail to play in semi final.