facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old August 11, 2006, 04:05 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

sorry guys..its been 15.8769 + 3 minutes... no body from that part of the world has responded..so we all can safely assume that we dont hv any members from there..

mods...plz delete that time zone...
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]

Old August 11, 2006, 05:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_swing
Well, I am not generalising anything. Your problem is your experience is only based on UK nothing else. People don't use GMT term now a days also. Everyone knows about what is GMT but in your daily life you don't have to follow GMT. Even for international tournaments now a days this is enough to mention your local start time only. I hope you got my point. Anyway I am not gonna reply anyomore to say same thing again and again.
bhai, I live neither in the Uk nor in the USA. How will I get the starting time of our famous BD-KEN match. Could you give me any clue please!!!!!!!!! And for your kind information, I really don't know the meaning 'EDT', 'PST', 'AEDT' but GMT (UTC). I know only my local time and time diiference between my local time and GMT. Till now, I used to calculate time based on this only.
Old August 11, 2006, 06:00 AM
Cricket Legend

I think those of us who live outside Bangladesh know the time difference between Bangladesh and his place. So get rid of all this argument for/againest GMT/UTC and put Bangladesh Time in match thread. It would solve everything.
Old August 11, 2006, 06:03 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_dorshok
bhai, I live neither in the Uk nor in the USA. How will I get the starting time of our famous BD-KEN match. Could you give me any clue please!!!!!!!!! And for your kind information, I really don't know the meaning 'EDT', 'PST', 'AEDT' but GMT (UTC). I know only my local time and time diiference between my local time and GMT. Till now, I used to calculate time based on this only.
and where do u live mate???
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old August 11, 2006, 06:06 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Well, Now I have the starting time from another cricket forum's site

Saturday 09:30 AM Local (Nairobi) Time (GMT+3:00 Hrs), 12:30 PM Bangladesh Time (GMT+6:00 Hrs)
Old August 11, 2006, 06:14 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Bhai, no one here is denying the fact that you need to adjust your time with UTC or GMT whatever but my point is people like to see their local start time. We usually mention US time as most of the members of this forum are from north America. It does not mean that we have to mention all the local times. And GMT time is also there. So if you have so much problem to adjust your local french time then do that. I have to travel a lot because of my job within Europe but never used GMT to adjust my time. There are many other ways. You can compare time with BD time for this game if you want as the bestbhai mentioned before. No need to use GMT always.

Old August 11, 2006, 06:51 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney
and where do u live mate???
Anybody who has set up Windows XP or other OS, will know the GMT timezone of where he lives.

I think many of the people who post here to be fairly tech savvy, so they have good chance of knowing their GMT timezone.
Old August 11, 2006, 06:58 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

in england it is 08.30
Old August 11, 2006, 08:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Quote:
Bhai, no one here is denying the fact that you need to adjust your time with UTC or GMT whatever but my point is people like to see their local start time. We usually mention US time as most of the members of this forum are from north America. It does not mean that we have to mention all the local times. And GMT time is also there. So if you have so much problem to adjust your local french time then do that. I have to travel a lot because of my job within Europe but never used GMT to adjust my time. There are many other ways. You can compare time with BD time for this game if you want as the bestbhai mentioned before. No need to use GMT always.
I understand your point but don't you think you are just making things complicated?? I mean ofcourse everyone would like to see their local time. Its so obvious. But since we can't put every single timezone in the match thread, we need something like GMT or BST so that everyone can compare. Do you have something against GMT?
Old August 11, 2006, 08:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
I understand your point but don't you think you are just making things complicated?? I mean ofcourse everyone would like to see their local time. Its so obvious. But since we can't put every single timezone in the match thread, we need something like GMT or BST so that everyone can compare. Do you have something against GMT?
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!! Thats I tried to make reverse_swing bhai understand that there should some standard time so that every one can calculate his/her own time. Since, few non-Bangladeshis are also following this forum, therefore I prefer to put GMT. Finally, I personally belive more peoples are aware about GMT than US time despite larger portion of this forum is from North America.
Old August 11, 2006, 08:34 AM
Cricket Guru

WHO cares...just watch the result..what best can happen but win or heart breaking loss. Guys take a chill pill.
Old August 11, 2006, 08:51 AM
Cricket Legend

looks like according to cricinfo, the game starts at 730 GMT now...
Old August 11, 2006, 08:55 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Hmmm!! I was initially correct, then confused and wrong!!

So, going back with initial timing. But again, starting 1t 10:30 Local time isn't a bit late!!!
Old August 11, 2006, 09:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz

So, going back with initial timing.
There are lots of discussion about timing (including time zone). anyway it is still 9:30 local time in the thread.
Quote:
But again, starting 1t 10:30 Local time isn't a bit late
may be they think we will reach target within 40 overs (if we bat second) or make them all out within 40 overs (if we bat first). or may be other way around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old August 11, 2006, 10:24 AM
ODI Cricketer

Probably the time debate is over. Lets look at the team. It's the same team that played the last ODI against ZIM except Mash is replacing bechara Mush. So the final team is (batting order in my choice)
Rajin Saleh
Shahriar Nafees
Aftab Ahmed
Saqibul Hasan
Mohammad Ashraful
Farhad Reza
Khaled Mashud
Mohammad Rafique
Mashrafe Mortaza
Abdur Razzak
Syed Rasel
Old August 11, 2006, 10:40 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ricky Ponting

Is that the team?

Surely not...

How on earth could they leave Shahadat out of a Kenya series?

Not Happy.
Old August 11, 2006, 10:53 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

How is the pitch? thought they had some grass.
This team is bowling heavy.
Rafique, Razzaq, Mash, Rassel 40 overs. Remaining 10 overs with Reza, Sakib, Aftab, Rajin?
Nice to have so many options but are we compensating too much on batting?
Old August 11, 2006, 10:55 AM
ODI Cricketer

Yes, this is the team for sure. Both AtnBangla and Channel-i mentioned this team. I came late at my work to listen to their Khabar and both can't be wrong.

Rasel wont do that bad. After that over of 18 runs from Mash I think all three of our pacers are equal.
Old August 11, 2006, 10:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

why is rajib out??? 9 wickets @ 19 the previous series...our selectors are bone headed imbiciles...rafique should have sat for rajib

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 11, 2006, 11:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
No need to use the GMT its true but you have to have a standard for anything and thats the main thing. GMT is the standard for the world time conversion so whats point of saying that you don't have to use GMT? As a science student I believe there has to be a standard for anything specially for any technology like wireless media, internet connection etc. And thats why institutions or organisations like IEEE, ITU are there to set up diferent standards for modern world technology.

You said you can find out your local time just comparing to another local time but that another local time came from where?

In the match thread or such things like that you have to have a standard time. If you dont understand GMT then go and learn it but sorry I can't put 200 different local time in one match thread!

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old August 11, 2006, 11:26 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

hmm, people have enough energy to fight useless stuff. Well, include my name also. May be I made this one kinda complicated. Anyway where did I mention that GMT is not a standard.As I said before, You don't have to put 200 local times. Just consider where our majority fans are based on. GMT was there in the match thread and will be.My point was try to make match thread more convenient. I am against using GMT time only. I think I should have mentioned this before to avoid any further confusion.

Btw, I am a full member of IEEE too. Previously worked for WCDMA standard and currently working for HomePlug specification. So I guess I should have the ability to learn what is GMT standard.

Old August 11, 2006, 11:45 AM
Cricket Legend

So looks like the timing is set and its 700 GMT or 1300 BST.

Souce: Tigercricket
Old August 11, 2006, 11:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
lol. You did not get my point. You had to search web to know what is UTC! It just proves my point. I am not talking about standard time. Always convenient to mention the local time,don't you think so?
Which local time you mean? Sorry I always follow GMT may be i am backdated.
Old August 11, 2006, 03:57 PM

Quote:

So, going back with initial timing. But again, starting 1t 10:30 Local time isn't a bit late!!!
I think you were right about the 2nd time. Match starts at 12:30 BD time according to a Zimbabwe website.
Old August 11, 2006, 04:50 PM
ODI Cricketer

I don't want to go to a debate on time. I want to tell you in BD time. The match will start at 1PM bd time and the broadcast will start at 12:30.