facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Should Mehedi Hasan Miraz be made Test Captain?
Yes 3 17.65%
No 11 64.71%
None above 3 17.65%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 18, 2017, 07:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Miraz can't be worse than Mushfiqur as test captain, NEVER.

Old March 18, 2017, 04:45 PM
First Class Cricketer

In any discussion regarding leadership, you guys have to consider the customs/cultural aspect of it (boro bhai /choto bhai, 'guru jon' type sentimentality). I am not 'for' or 'against' such norms. But, it is just a reality that our players and cricketing system lives in. And, we cannot ignore that aspect.

To give some perspective, in a recent interview, Miraz mentioned that he always 'obeys' the seniors and 'help' them in any way he can. For example, "onader kichu lagle ami ene dei" "jotota pari onader ki lagbe sheta korar try kori".
Old March 18, 2017, 05:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

What is Mehedi's record as a captain? He could not even make his team U19 runner-up at his own den.

What is his record in FC that makes him such a good test player? He performed well and won us a test match against England. In that logic, Enamul Haque Junior should have been our captain after our first win in CTG.

If we go by record, Mosaddek should be groomed as future test captain. His batting is already getting noticed by the big shots of cricket and whoever sees him agrees that he is more than special. Heck, he also can bowl and create serious confusion in batsman's mind on a flat deck.

And as someone mentioned earlier he is not yet regular in ODI and probably may not be useful during CT.
Old March 18, 2017, 08:53 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

keno na..koi bhaloi to khele dekhi
Old April 10, 2017, 01:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Mashrafe Bin Mortaza on Mehedi Hasan Miraz:

When I went to bat in the [26th] over in the third ODI, I told him that let's bat till the 41st over. We were not in a great position since we had lost a number of wickets. But after playing out a maiden, he came and told me that he can't play this way. I asked him why. He said that we will lose, whether by 150 runs or by two runs, so let's play positively. It will create an opportunity for us to win.

In the next over, I struck two fours and so did he. Mehedi came and told me that this is our game. Let's play it like this. We lost the game but what I liked about the guy was that he was so positive.

On the next night, he did a bit of acting for us, something that he had done in his childhood. It was very funny, but none of us could have done it. This was off the field, but here too, he came off as a very confident person. I think this has an effect in his game.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...y/1091636.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So young but thinks like a leader.
Old April 10, 2017, 02:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

After the 2019 WC we can see if he's ready to be the captain in all 3 formats. I think he has something special that even Mash doesn't have.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 10, 2017, 02:48 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Soumya,Mullah,Mushy,Taski

He is captaincy material for sure, would be a great one , but in future definitely not now when he just debuted
Old April 10, 2017, 04:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ATM - No One.

In the future. After 2019, possibility there. Now? No.
Old April 10, 2017, 05:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

He does have a strong chance of captaining, but down the track, minimum 2 more years preferably more.
Old April 10, 2017, 07:56 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Lets talk about this topic after 2 years Not now..
Old April 10, 2017, 11:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

He will be future capatin for sure, from his under-19 capataincy his performance really made me a big fan of him, the way his guts and body language i've noticed back then i found hin one of those guy who will take us into another level.
Old April 11, 2017, 12:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

he has to keep improving, all his skills, his skills as an off spinner and his skills as a batsman so that he can bat top of the order, his skills a top class fielder. Once he does that, if he is successful around 25 years of age, he will be an automatic choice. Remember you need age as well. Hoping he comes good for us, he needs to stay humble as well and not let success affect him. Once the national team becomes a regular for all our players they lose their mind and stop working on their game. The only way they will stay good is by working on their game all the time, all year around. As Mashrafe said, if he is good enough, he will be considered for captaincy.
Old April 12, 2017, 09:22 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Thumbs down Perhaps when he is over 25

This seems like a big joke to me. He is only 19 and played few matches so far. He is probably the youngest player of the regular national squad. And you want to make him captain now?

Captaining U-15 (bunch of kids), U-17, U-19 and captaining National Team aren't same at all. The pressure, expectation and responsibility are huge. Add extra burden of delegating with coach, selection committee and other officials.

Let him become Shakib first and then go beyond. Sure he is a tremendous potential to be a future captain, but not in next 5 years or so. You cannot just groom someone to become captain, he needs to prove himself for some time on Int'l level first.
Old April 12, 2017, 09:48 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Successful captains all have one skill. Man management. He is a kid who can't even look up to his seniors let alone look straight in the eye and make a decision. For instance, if you need Mushi to give up glove will he be able to communicate that? Or ask Shakib field along the border or move Riyad from the slips. HHS.

His character so far is free spirited. let it be that way till he matures.
Old April 12, 2017, 11:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ssei
This seems like a big joke to me. He is only 19 and played few matches so far. He is probably the youngest player of the regular national squad. And you want to make him captain now?

Captaining U-15 (bunch of kids), U-17, U-19 and captaining National Team aren't same at all. The pressure, expectation and responsibility are huge. Add extra burden of delegating with coach, selection committee and other officials.

Let him become Shakib first and then go beyond. Sure he is a tremendous potential to be a future captain, but not in next 5 years or so. You cannot just groom someone to become captain, he needs to prove himself for some time on Int'l level first.
10000% agree with this. He hasn't proved that he is a consistent performer in international level yet. Let him do that then naturally over time he will mould into captaincy material because he would have gained alot of confidence and experience.

Captaining U19 is much easier in the fact that he already has the respect of his team mates because everyone is around the same age. Whereas national team is a whole different ballpark.
Old April 15, 2017, 08:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Make him captain after 2020 not before.

He is still young. How do you think he can deal with the following:

- Selection dilemma
- Dealing with senior cricketers like Shakib and Tamim
-Face the press after defeat
-keep calm when opposition will sledge you.

It's a massive responsibility and something a 19 year old cannot handle.

This is not Bangladesh of 2010. This is 2017 where we have some senior citizens. We are no longer minnows.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition