facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 27, 2011, 01:48 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar
Default BPL and The Health of Our Old Mammah.

We are already overwhelmed with the conundrums of BPL and its grandiosity. Twenty five foreign players are ready to be auctioned on the soil of BD, a Dubaiwala is ready to buy a BPL team, etc. etc. and every day, more and more are coming to Banglacricket. Anytime, we see something interesting and important on the magic boxes, on the mesmerising palm boxes and on the print media, we run, don’t tumble, to Banglacricket to post it with our endless love for BC and for the innocent joy of sharing with our good friends. This is good news for us indeed; for all the BD cricket lovers and BD lovers around the globe. But my worries are about the health of our old mamma – I mean the economic impulse of her.

Some may say FagunerAgun has gone crazy, some may say give him a freezy to calm down, some cautious people may say this is a winter time, others may say freezies have no time.

Well, I say then, let me finish this write up with my ‘decreasing capacity’, as I have so many problems with their uniquely marginalized and mighty soliloquy because of my old themed poor English. But my endless genuine love for my old mamma and her cricket makes me keep on writing here, may be until my happy death given that I will still be alive and well here.

Now, let me go back to the topic and explain why I am worried. I am worried because in the sub-continent, when so much money flies and so much charisma blinds people in a cricket league, then comes up inevitable greed and corruption that we ably observed in noisy IPL and ICL.

So my worries are:

1. BCB may unwillingly tangle up in a money losing contract like the one with Nimbus.
2. Corruptions and greed may fork through the whole league.
3. The foreign currencies in return of the of poor people’s body bags, may fly out of the country again.
4. Some big and foxy corrupts are waiting to practice the same that they did in The Dhaka Stock Exchange.
5. Poor and inefficient sports and entertainment management may bring more humiliation.
6. The regional teams may not have proper management and marketing tools to increase their sustainable revenue growth.

I hope and pray that BPL will be a success, these will not happen in a catastrophic level. But a kid tumbles and hurts before it walks firmly. If it is true in this case, then our old mamma will be thrown out on the same old, dirty rugs and the foxes will run away with the money while the poor people are still languishing for having good meals for their kids.

Old December 27, 2011, 02:37 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Very good post FagunerAgun bhai. I have similar concerns. Normally, I would expect those organizing this large scale event to learn from the mistakes of the IPL, Allen Stanford, etc but that might be expecting too much from the BCB.
Old December 27, 2011, 02:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Very good post FagunerAgun bhai. I have similar concerns. Normally, I would expect those organizing this large scale event to learn from the mistakes of the IPL, Allen Stanford, etc but that might be expecting too much from the BCB.
Yes, Navo bhai, if the foreign currencies earned in this league exceeds the foreign currencies lost and organizing this event is successful, then it is acceptable.

But I doubt it. I hope this event will not be a liability.
Old December 27, 2011, 03:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

I also agree with the theme of this thread. Despite being a proponent of T20, I have no interest in BPL, at least for the time being.
Old December 27, 2011, 04:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

good thread Fagun da.
actually I'm in almost total darkness abt this BPL thing, as everything is happening so quickly, idk what the outcome will be, I'm worried if we are ready for a tournament such as this.
Even though it involves players from world wide, as far as I know it's a join venture between BCB and India, that's what worries me the most.
Old December 27, 2011, 04:13 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

Fagun vai showing his Agun! nice one vai
Old December 27, 2011, 04:18 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerEz
Fagun vai showing his Agun! nice one vai
Pola to noy jeno Aguner gula

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old December 27, 2011, 09:21 PM
Street Cricketer

Very good points. On the other hand, if we can force the divisional t20 teams to share their profit (at least 50%) with their respective First-class teams , then BPL may be a win-win situation for everyone. It may also lead to the self-sufficiency of the so called regional cricket associations (must be formed within ~12-18 months)
Old December 27, 2011, 09:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhv
Very good points. On the other hand, if we can force the divisional t20 teams to share their profit (at least 50%) with their respective First-class teams , then BPL may be a win-win situation for everyone. It may also lead to the self-sufficiency of the so called regional cricket associations (must be formed within ~12-18 months)
Just born new bhai, excellent idea for the hollistic BD cricket. But I am not sure Divisional Crickets are the associates or subsidiaries of BCB or they are independent entities. But whatever the case does not matter, if T20 teams can instill more money and extra energy to the respective First Class Teams, that will be a very cohesive endeavour for all and the BD domestic cricket will gain a lot in one leap.

The lonely BD Parliament or the cranky BCB can amend their charters/statutes or simply introduce something to make this great venture take place to help us all.
Old December 27, 2011, 09:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Pola to noy jeno Aguner gula

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Nadster and TigerEz, kudos to you all, to all my friends here. Without your support and encouragement, I must not have been here, specially, the encouragement of zunaid bhai.

Last edited by FagunerAgun; December 27, 2011 at 11:04 PM..
Old December 28, 2011, 12:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Fagun Bhai, beautiful original writing. A breath of fresh air. keep it going... a nice nostalgic and forward looking post at the same time - that time of the year? Heart warming to read.

As for the concerns, it is concerning in BD. Money and BD does not go well - hopefully the matures will survive unscathed. The dedicated will persist - and I hope all will be able to know in their hearts the right answers.
Old December 28, 2011, 02:11 AM
Cricket Savant

Loved it Fagu mama loved it. You sound better and cooler in this tone... jmho.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old December 28, 2011, 03:14 AM
Banned

This BPL is shameless copying of IPL starts with the naming, then the introduction of icon players, getting an indian based event management company, injection of bollywood dancers cum actors and so on. and I am sure they will try to entertain attendees with c-grade dancers as well. disaster is written all over it. it will be like one of dhallywood's so called remake of bollywood movies. and we all know how are they like!
Old December 28, 2011, 05:00 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
This BPL is shameless copying of IPL starts with the naming, then the introduction of icon players, getting an indian based event management company, injection of bollywood dancers cum actors and so on. and I am sure they will try to entertain attendees with c-grade dancers as well. disaster is written all over it. it will be like one of dhallywood's so called remake of bollywood movies. and we all know how are they like!
so u want shakib khan to perform??

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old December 28, 2011, 05:29 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Because it's a league with privately owned teams, I hope the investors will take care of their benefits and no need to worry so much of corruption and all. If the teams don't find it profitable, they will shout out louder.

National economy will benefit almost the same either way. No question of losing, since government money is not being utilized. And those who are crying it to be a copy of IPL, it has been proven to be profitable and workable, so why should we change it? We aren't known for innovation either, in any field. So what's the problem in copying IPL? Even IPL isn't originally an Indian concept.

Whatever is the final outcome, I personally welcome the idea of BPL and irrespective of all the skepticism, I think this will greatly benefit our cricket and cricketers, in terms of money, exposure and improvement.
Old December 28, 2011, 05:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

IPL owners seem to be more focused on winning the cup as it has become a matter of prestige among big shots. For this reason, they are serious enough to open new training camp, facilities to respective cities to groom new future players which in a way helps to develop local cricket. Another important thing is, all the IPL team owners are local whereas in BPL, owners may be foreigners who may not be enthusiastic about developing local infrastructure. When foreigners become owner, only thing comes to their mind is increasing 'Profit' and minimizing 'Costs' !
Old December 28, 2011, 07:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun petr
so u want shakib khan to perform??

no i dont want any movie star to perform. i would prefer a real singer performing his own song. and we have many great singers.
Old December 28, 2011, 09:59 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

So far, BPL looks a like house built of cards. Priority should have been first class structure now. Instead, we will have a generation of cricketers interested in boom boom cricket.
Old December 28, 2011, 10:40 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Because it's a league with privately owned teams, I hope the investors will take care of their benefits and no need to worry so much of corruption and all. If the teams don't find it profitable, they will shout out louder.

National economy will benefit almost the same either way. No question of losing, since government money is not being utilized. And those who are crying it to be a copy of IPL, it has been proven to be profitable and workable, so why should we change it? We aren't known for innovation either, in any field. So what's the problem in copying IPL? Even IPL isn't originally an Indian concept.

Whatever is the final outcome, I personally welcome the idea of BPL and irrespective of all the skepticism, I think this will greatly benefit our cricket and cricketers, in terms of money, exposure and improvement.
I think so too. And I am pretty sure that after 2-3 seasons of BPL, we wont be suffering in BPP anymore. And the mindset of our players will improve significantly as they will be playing and sharing the dressing room with some quality players. Atleast they wont lose the game before it actually started. This maybe boom boom cricket or picnic cricket or however you want to name it but I think this can be a way to improve our cricket.

Now that we have copied IPL why not also copy Ranji tournament BCB? Trust me BCB, its not that bad...
Old December 28, 2011, 01:03 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
I think so too. And I am pretty sure that after 2-3 seasons of BPL, we wont be suffering in BPP anymore. And the mindset of our players will improve significantly as they will be playing and sharing the dressing room with some quality players. Atleast they wont lose the game before it actually started. This maybe boom boom cricket or picnic cricket or however you want to name it but I think this can be a way to improve our cricket.

Now that we have copied IPL why not also copy Ranji tournament BCB? Trust me BCB, its not that bad...
BPL can be good to the players if they actually communicate with the icons. Ranji-type tournament could help our players learn playing patient inning.
Old December 28, 2011, 01:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

corruption toh hobei but not that much since the teams are privately owned
Old December 28, 2011, 07:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman

agree. This T20 'carvnival' is appreciated. But our players may improve a habbit of playing boom boom even in Tests.

At the same time, we should focus on the longest version of the game - 3-5 days games.
Old December 28, 2011, 09:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

At the very least the players will get far better exposure and better infrastructure. So players who knows how to make use of it, will.

Old December 28, 2011, 10:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
So far, BPL looks a like house built of cards. Priority should have been first class structure now. Instead, we will have a generation of cricketers interested in boom boom cricket.

BPL will not be anything close to the glitz or glamour of IPL. We need first class cricket and we have DPL, BPL, joto shob premier league.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 29, 2011, 03:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Only 70 BD players will get a BPL team and out of which only 36 can play!
And this players will become instant crore poti! So imagine the competition
Among players to get a team. Teams will have good coaching staff
And the payers will get a chance to play some nerve wracking intense close matches.
I think this will surely make our players better. And the profit can be used improving first class cricket.

I see a huge cricket craze going to develop among youngsters to become cricketers
This can only help our cricket.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)