facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 11, 2011, 02:38 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib and tamim
Default Mahmudullah didn't actually play that well today and here's why....

Because of shafiul we won.... he shud be given more credit-- shafiul made 24 runs off 24 balls and mahmudullah got 21 runs off 42 balls Mahmudullah nearly costed us the match.

And I thought mahmuudullah was supposed to bat like a top order batsmen. Well... he was lucky shafiul saved him otherwise loads of people would be bashing mahmudullah.... Shafiul played much better. I remember Mahmudullah edging a ball which just fell short to the wicket keeper.

When mahmudullah came out to bat i was really angry, it was like he wanted the team to lose. I mean he had no intention to try and hit a boundary. Instead he was defending and the reqired run rate was creeping up to seven and a half. But shafiul then the next over scored i think a four and a six to mantain the required run rate.

I remember mullah doin this before in previous matches, where it looked like all he cared about was his average.

-Please don't get angry at me, I am extremely happy that Bangladesh won, but just saying that mahmudullah didn't actually play that well

Old March 11, 2011, 02:58 PM
Cricket Sage

run rate went over 7 and half? What game were you watching? The required run rate barely touched 6.5? Riyad had a plan and he was stuck with it. Sure maybe it wasn't the best plan or maybe some other day it would have failed, but today it didn't and that's all it matters. You should try to understand the situation first. The plan was to make it till the batting power play comes and than hit out. When bresnan and Shehzad was bowling stump to stump if he tried anything fancy chances are he would gotten out. I don't think he was comfortable just giving the strike to shafi at first maybe he was afraid shafi would get out. But once Shafi started hit a few boundary both of them started to loosen up a bit. There was no need for Riyad to hit boundary because Shafi was doing it. It doesn't make sense for both of the batsman's to go for big shots considering we still had well over 5 overs left and England bowlers were practically handing out free runs with wides. And the other point is Riyad needed to survive out there, even if Shaif got out the match would still not be over, and he might have been able to close out the match with Rubel's help.

Bottom line is yes Shafi is the one that lead from the front, but he couldn't have done it without Riyad. And to me that deserves just a lot of credit
Old March 11, 2011, 03:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

What? You have posted same message in three threads and now you opened a thread on this! I think there is serious issue between you and Riyad going on.
Old March 11, 2011, 03:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

I don't remember RRR going over 6 today. Mahmudullah atleast did not get out and allowed Shafiul to hit out
Old March 11, 2011, 03:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

The fact that he didn't get out saved us, as he allowed Shafiul to hit out.
Old March 11, 2011, 03:40 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Ok, if you say did not play as well as Safiul, I would understand, but other than that he played extremely well today.
Old March 11, 2011, 03:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

How would it have helped if he didn't get in with that defensive mode? The team was collapsing in front of him. He held the nerve, and with Shafiul, he found a real partner that understood each other. They couldn't have done it without each other, and I doubt they will be able to repeat this with each other as well. Shafiul has strong arms - I believe Ian posted that in some threat that Shafiul was hitting the ball the furthest, further than Tamim. So Mahmudullah and Shafiul had a perfect understanding.

In the pressure, Sakib also gave up, whereas Mahmudullah held his nerves.

I agree about one thing though. Shafiul deserves a BIG part of the credit...they both deserve the same amount of kudos for the win.
Old March 11, 2011, 09:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

thanks to shafiul .......

also to mahmudullah, he played well and desrves praise ..... but if shafiul failed then mahmudullah would have got the bash like naeem and mushfiq

mahmudullahs presence was important for Shafiul
Old March 12, 2011, 06:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
How would it have helped if he didn't get in with that defensive mode? The team was collapsing in front of him. He held the nerve, and with Shafiul, he found a real partner that understood each other. They couldn't have done it without each other, and I doubt they will be able to repeat this with each other as well. Shafiul has strong arms - I believe Ian posted that in some threat that Shafiul was hitting the ball the furthest, further than Tamim. So Mahmudullah and Shafiul had a perfect understanding.

In the pressure, Sakib also gave up, whereas Mahmudullah held his nerves.

I agree about one thing though. Shafiul deserves a BIG part of the credit...they both deserve the same amount of kudos for the win.
if that's the case let's tie the knot between them ...