facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 6, 2020, 09:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default BanglaCricket on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/357993315624247

Recently spoke with Tehsin bhai and Rinat and we all agreed to try to move the forum onto facebook. So there is the link to the group (which is open to the public).

#OneTeam1Dream

Old October 7, 2020, 09:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Might I suggest reddit?
Old October 9, 2020, 08:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Hell no
Old October 10, 2020, 10:59 AM
Cricket Savant

I didn't vote for this.

I think Ihram will be an amazing leader. Wishing him all the best on his new endeavor. End of Banglacricket for me.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old October 10, 2020, 04:35 PM
ODI Cricketer

Very good decision.
Old October 10, 2020, 05:11 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
I didn't vote for this.

I think Ihram will be an amazing leader. Wishing him all the best on his new endeavor. End of Banglacricket for me.
I just want to clarify.. the goal isnt to walk away from this forum. The FB version is just another component of BC. We hope to redirect some traffic here in the future.
Old October 10, 2020, 05:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

I should add that with me and Rinat moderating, there won’t be much leeway for trolling. Divergent views are welcome but everyone can spot a troll.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 10, 2020, 08:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

And, we give up our real identities?
What if people find out I am Boti kabab rather than a shingara?
Old October 11, 2020, 04:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
And, we give up our real identities?
What if people find out I am Boti kabab rather than a shingara?
agreed. it's always an iffy line. But it can help to fix peoples decorum.

It's a good idea to drive traffic back to here but I don't think traffic is a problem here. At any point I see almost 500 ppl browsing the site. It's the moronic and boring posts by this moderator rinat (who btw was chosen to be a moderator to clean up spam posts not for his judgment) that keeping ppl away...

Which reminds me of that other idiotic moderator Jadukor who also was chosen to clean up spam but he thought he was recruited for his insight. and then when he realized the truth - had a tantrum like the dumb girl that he is.

U put these types of characters to run a site who do not fully understand their assigned role - it is bound to fail.
Old October 11, 2020, 08:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

iDumb I think your blame is misplaced. As far as moderating goes the recent mods are only maintaining the standards set forth by the founders, if anything they're probably less stringent than their predecessors. Many of the founders and old members were good posters but I'm not sure they had the proper vision for this forum. They assumed you could just open a forum, maintain the status quo and any void created in the future would be automatically filled by new members. But that's not how social media works. As godzilla said, to make a forum successful you have to treat it like a business. You need to keep up with the times and the last thing you want to do is take members for granted. Every now and then you have old members dropping in and saying how much they miss the good old days and such. If you can't bring those folks back who had real emotional connection and spent countless hours posting here during their adolescence and their youth, how can you expect to attract new members who will participate regularly? FB isn't my thing but I give credit to Al and Rinat for at least trying something different
Old October 11, 2020, 10:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Let's not blame the guys for trying something new to keep the interest alive. Atleast they are trying. If you don't like it and have a better idea, present it here instead of bashing each other. At this point, blame game is not gonna bring this forum alive. I personally would love to help out more, but i have other things going on in life hence that's not an option.
Old October 11, 2020, 04:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
agreed. it's always an iffy line. But it can help to fix peoples decorum.

It's a good idea to drive traffic back to here but I don't think traffic is a problem here. At any point I see almost 500 ppl browsing the site. It's the moronic and boring posts by this moderator rinat (who btw was chosen to be a moderator to clean up spam posts not for his judgment) that keeping ppl away...

Which reminds me of that other idiotic moderator Jadukor who also was chosen to clean up spam but he thought he was recruited for his insight. and then when he realized the truth - had a tantrum like the dumb girl that he is.

U put these types of characters to run a site who do not fully understand their assigned role - it is bound to fail.
I was a bit hesitant to share this but I will in favor of therapeutic release.

Twice in a span of 4 days, I took my mom to ER. (I do not wish to disclose the complexities and my personal tribulations but I ask for everyone's prayer for her health and well-wishes to Allah.)

Today, per her wish I dropped her at ER and came home. I cried on the way and continuously in bursts after coming home. I have doubled my consumption of marijuana, went back onto meds and intermittently started tobacco.

But I am so clinically depressed nothing made me feel good. I was sitting at home alone in an unbearable pin drop silence trashily listening to YouTube on grief, emotional release and catharsis.

I know this forum is dead but I decided to complete the autofill anyway.

Dear iDumb, in this terrifying, traumatic and shocking times of my life, your humor is the only thing that made me chuckle so far. I brought my mom home just now and I just wanted to say, there are many many millions and millions of people like - either in forum or as trolls or as 'witty' commentators on Youtube and Facebook - unbeknownst to whom they don't know they are magically touching their lives with wit, sunshine and rays of humor.

I just wish now that one of those thankless times doesn't have to be this one. I am still clinically depressed but boy, people like iDumb and others really make this world a better...and bearable place.

And GOOD LUCK trying to lead BC with Rinat and Al-Furqaan - TWO OF THE MOST BORING, dry and serious persons on the planet.

Goddamn... they will probably suck the life out of that group. Heck, Asaad already gave his ultimatum.

SMH

Old October 11, 2020, 04:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
I should add that with me and Rinat moderating, there won’t be much leeway for trolling. Divergent views are welcome but everyone can spot a troll.
No.

Trolling is entirely subjective matter. Everyone can NOT spot a troll. Your judgment is as good as mine as to what constitutes as trolls and to what extent Joker or Office Space memes should be pasted.

"Quality" is a matter of taste. You cannot control it. Stop trying to do so.

Old October 11, 2020, 11:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I was a bit hesitant to share this but I will in favor of therapeutic release.

We all got our own little struggle we fight daily - this is what makes us normal human. Otherwise we would all be boring robot like Rinat (who by the way .... na thaak I will be nice).
Old October 11, 2020, 11:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
Let's not blame the guys for trying something new to keep the interest alive. Atleast they are trying. If you don't like it and have a better idea, present it here instead of bashing each other. At this point, blame game is not gonna bring this forum alive. I personally would love to help out more, but i have other things going on in life hence that's not an option.
the only way you can help is by posting. You don't have to do anything else. I never understood when ppl write "i have been away". Away from what? this is the internet. You haven't been away from the internet - that's a LIE, it's in the palm of your hand. You can be away to anywhere in the world and still be here.

Ppl carry their phone when they take a hagu. So none of u have been away. There is only Rinat the robot here. No one wants to talk to a robot - in a forum or on facebook.
Old October 11, 2020, 11:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
FB isn't my thing but I give credit to Al and Rinat for at least trying something different
Maybe I didn't explore facebook enough but how the hell do you actually have a multi ppl discussion there. You can't have sports discussion on facebook. it's a one liner platform. And when you type, all your texts are sent to the newsfeed of atleast half of the ppl that includes your close friends, relatives, nephews/nieces/family, coworkers, your crush and their husbands...

I don't know about you - but that alone would change drastically how I reply to a robot like rinat.

But I agree with the initiative of having BC presence on those platform to drive traffic back in (and not to an empty board rather a thriving one with likes button, notification button and more female members and diverse members)
Old October 11, 2020, 11:40 PM
Cricket Legend

2018 : Al furqan quits Bangla cricket
2020: Banglacricket quits Al furqan.

Sad!!
Old October 12, 2020, 12:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
the only way you can help is by posting. You don't have to do anything else. I never understood when ppl write "i have been away". Away from what? this is the internet. You haven't been away from the internet - that's a LIE, it's in the palm of your hand. You can be away to anywhere in the world and still be here.

Ppl carry their phone when they take a hagu. So none of u have been away. There is only Rinat the robot here. No one wants to talk to a robot - in a forum or on facebook.

Bro, am a coder. When I said help out more, meant trying to fix some of the issues of the forum if possible. I post when I have something interesting to discuss or engage to (like now). Also, when people says they have been aways, literally means away from the forum - as in not interested to pop in every day 3-4 times like back in the days. It's kind of obvious why at this point, you might post something, someone might try to continue the discussion maybe 2 days later, by then interest ceases.

Also, creating Facebook groups/pages/running ads myself, how you described it is not it. What these guys did is create a closed group. Unless they make it public or your friends/family joined the group themselves, they won't get to see any of the posts or notification. However, like shingara pointed out, maybe you don't want to reveal who you are and want to stay anonymous, FB won't work in that case.

Honestly, FB is not my go to platform to discuss about sports. I like the forum based style for it. But each to his own I suppose.
Old October 12, 2020, 12:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
iDumb I think your blame is misplaced. As far as moderating goes the recent mods are only maintaining the standards set forth by the founders,

As godzilla said, to make a forum successful you have to treat it like a business. You need to keep up with the times and the last thing you want to do is take members for granted.
Just to be a serious for a bit. I agree with your second part. The first part I don't agree with. Are these moderators chosen SHEEPS? Do they not have brain to make judgement. I remember not too long ago there were spam posts with even some p0rn link being flooded in this board - not a single mod deleted them. They were "too busy" or "too tired " to clean so many yet they had no hesitation to do ban or threaten engaging members who do not conform to their set of "standards".

I don't have to go that far.. Do you you know how many times i have been warned, gotten cookie infraction points, verge of permanent ban and even on a occasional temporary ban? It's hard to fathom. I never cared and laughed it off... I know myself that's why I find it amazing that I would get banned from a forum like this..

BUt some of the well read intelligent eccentric members are also egotistical maniacs. You think they gonna take kind to a warning ? Look at donny boy , he is the boss, not the twitter guys.

anyways this is just discussion for the hell of it. It was not a well run site hindsight and there has been a massive shift in social media during BC's existence also. I think this site was here before Facebook. Imagicing facebook on verge of a trillion dollar company. Banglacricket still looking for server money.
Old October 12, 2020, 12:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
Bro, am a coder. When I said help out more, meant trying to fix some of the issues of the forum if possible.
I agree. I don't think you should help out either unless someone in charge here actually seek out. there is a lack of interest from the top. Very hands off really. Why should you care?? And it shows from the state of the forum thats in existence for 2 decades now. Any smart business like person would have turned this site into a full time income stream with hired employees - with some million dollar valuation given how long this thing has been on the net.

think of sports forum like Barstool. they turn that into a billion dollar company...

Quote:
Also, creating Facebook groups/pages/running ads myself, how you described it is not it. Honestly, FB is not my go to platform to discuss about sports. I like the forum based style for it. But each to his own I suppose.
I didn't know FB doesn't work that way. All i know is everytime i type something , everybody knows what I am writing somehow cuz i hear that in future conversations. So I try not to write anything at all. And I agree 100%, FB is not for sports discussion - the format is odd for it.
Old October 12, 2020, 12:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
No.

Trolling is entirely subjective matter. Everyone can NOT spot a troll. Your judgment is as good as mine as to what constitutes as trolls and to what extent Joker or Office Space memes should be pasted.

"Quality" is a matter of taste. You cannot control it. Stop trying to do so.
100% on point! Trolling is subjective to each individual and how they perceive the world. Take mr Varoon for example, his post is edgy, some might even consider it as trolling, but I get his point. He could have probably said it in a more polite way if he chose to. In his recent post, I don't find his pov trolling. Edgy af, but not a troll. He literally pointed out some of the things wrong in the forum in his own "special" way, lol.
Old October 12, 2020, 12:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Any smart business like person would have turned this site into a full time income stream with hired employees - with some million dollar valuation given how long this thing has been on the net.

think of sports forum like Barstool. they turn that into a billion dollar company...

What's even more sad is the fact that some college student would probably fix up to forum for free and would have made it 10x better than what it is today, just to get a freaking recommendation on their CV.

I don't even think the owners even understand the monetary value of a forum like this. Sad really ...
Old October 13, 2020, 09:54 AM
Cricket Savant

The irony is Facebook is a dying wasteland too. Only boomers stay connected there.

Old October 13, 2020, 10:18 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I have deleted FB a while back. But even if I had FB, I wouldn't have posted there with my real identity. I tend to post a lot of stupid things in BC and that wouldn't be possible in FB.

I like the semi anonymous style of a forum.

Anyway, good luck to the new endeavor..at least someone is doing something.
Old October 13, 2020, 10:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I have two facebook accounts. Very Seldom I would visit one (Family). The other one (Friends) twice in a year or so; they still have interaction there with pictures and stuff, I prefer viber to communicate with them. When you have 56 brothers, it is difficult to manage in so many social media platform.

Best of luck though.