facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 13, 2017, 01:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Default The semi-final match will be our most important match till date

Seldom have we been in the second round of major tournaments.

Never have we even played a semi-final. This is our first semi-final and hopefully first of many to come.

Now I know to some this is "just another semi-final" but it is more than that my friends. Reasons why I feel this match is so important for us:

1) Winning this match means going to the finals. Now people forget the name of the semi-finalists but the finalists are almost always remembered. They say that the hardest game of a tournament is the semi-finals and rightly so. This is the moment when your focus is off because you are thinking about the dreamy final and winning it. This is what distracts teams in semi-finals. So often did we see some of the best sides being knocked out in the Semis despite being bossy in the group stages. And we never played a final of a world tourney. Just imagine the luxury of playing a final of a world tournament? Semis and quarters are meh, but playing an actual final with the whole world looking at you? That my friend is something different. If you lose in a final, well people will be like "you won our hearts", lose in a semis, people won't remember you.

2) Reimburse the fact that we truly belong: When kenya played the Semis in 03 WC people said it was a one off. Well it really was. We fans know that this is not a one-off. And that we can get better and better. However, a lot of fans will look at it as a fluke. They will be like: "well you got here because of rain" etc. etc. But if we win this no one will bat an eye. No one will argue about BD being a minnow

3) Showing the world that we can beat India: Now India lately have been getting the better of us in ICC events. We have lost to them in the last 5 matches in ICC events. The record stands 5-1 in ICC events. The last time we beat them in an ICC event was 10 years ago, we have been winless ever since. Now beating India in a SF is big big deal for anyone. If you can beat India in a pressure match, people will take you seriously. Heck no one gave Lanka a chance until they beat India. Only then people took note of Lanka's potential batting ability. And we know things with India haven't been great. Our fans have been going through a lot lately and it would really cheer them up if we won this match. Oh, and if we beat India here guaranteed a lot of series with India in India in the years to come that I can guarantee.

4) Show the world we can perform when the pressure is on: Yes, we have been guilty of undperforming when the pressure is on. I know we haven't been in too many knockouts but now that we are in on its time to show we can win a semi-final, and the we wont just fall like a pack of cards as always

So as you all can see, this match truly is an important match for us by all means. Win this match and the whole world will be at our feet. The whole world will respect us.

If we lose we can't be too dissatisfied with our boys because they exceeded expectations, but if we win it will be huge. So I hope the boys are going to give their 100%.

Old June 13, 2017, 02:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

I think asian final was more important and we blew that.

If we progress to champions final, then that would be more important.
Old June 13, 2017, 03:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
I think asian final was more important and we blew that.

If we progress to champions final, then that would be more important.
Asian final? Lol

This is an ICC event followed and watched by millions and even people in Aus/Eng. You win Asia cup, no one would care. Win a semi-final and beat India, now that is big.

Asia cup is just an ordinary tournament. No one gives much value to it. Played every 2 years, only 4/5 teams usually
Old June 13, 2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Asian final? Lol

This is an ICC event followed and watched by millions and even people in Aus/Eng. You win Asia cup, no one would care. Win a semi-final and beat India, now that is big.

Asia cup is just an ordinary tournament. No one gives much value to it. Played every 2 years, only 4/5 teams usually
Spot on, I strongly believe this is the best result (so far) Bangladesh has ever achieved.
Old June 13, 2017, 04:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

World cup QF?
World cup is the most important event! Of all ICC tournaments!

Lets not go overboard with this. It's an 8team tournament, hence when u go past group stage, you enter semis. But nowhere it's bigger than the WC!
Old June 13, 2017, 04:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

What Semi-finals?

We won Dana cup. We won Gothia cup. We have footage of our glorious victories as well. Won it over the world's best had to offer.
Old June 13, 2017, 04:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
World cup QF?
World cup is the most important event! Of all ICC tournaments!

Lets not go overboard with this. It's an 8team tournament, hence when u go past group stage, you enter semis. But nowhere it's bigger than the WC!
No doubt world cup is bigger but the point is that we are in the semis ahead of some of the top teams in the world is a big thing on its own.

4 teams qualify for a semi, 8 for the quarters.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old June 13, 2017, 05:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

It's all my fault.(Opened a thread titled "Bangladesh can beat India") I think we are overhyping this match wayyyy too much. Remember, in world cup 2011, how it ended against West Indies and South Africa? Bangladesh doesn't perform to its standard in such pressure cooker matches. Bangladesh rather plays its best cricket when it has nothing to lose. Now I am scared...
Old June 13, 2017, 06:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

IMO all games Bangladesh played against the top teams are important to me.

This semi final is definitely up there, but I think the final we lost in the Asia Cup had more gravity.
Old June 14, 2017, 12:49 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
It's all my fault.(Opened a thread titled "Bangladesh can beat India") I think we are overhyping this match wayyyy too much. Remember, in world cup 2011, how it ended against West Indies and South Africa? Bangladesh doesn't perform to its standard in such pressure cooker matches. Bangladesh rather plays its best cricket when it has nothing to lose. Now I am scared...
Not true. Let's take a quick glance at the important matches we managed to win against top teams.
Vs England in 15 WC
Vs NZ in this champions trophy
Vs SL and Pakistan in 2016 Asia cup
Vs India and Sl in 2012 Asia cup.
All of them were must win games.
Old June 14, 2017, 01:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Do we have anything to lose against India? No

We have so much to gain. Watch what haturi has to say

Old June 14, 2017, 01:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Most high profile yet but not most important. Most important was 2015 WC quarter final. You can win four champions trophy titles but won't be equivalent to a WC title.
Old June 14, 2017, 10:20 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepu
Not true. Let's take a quick glance at the important matches we managed to win against top teams.
Vs England in 15 WC
Vs NZ in this champions trophy
Vs SL and Pakistan in 2016 Asia cup
Vs India and Sl in 2012 Asia cup.
All of them were must win games.
Yes, true. I remember when fans overhype things way too much that's when things head south
Old June 14, 2017, 10:39 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Do we have anything to lose against India? No

exactly, nothing to lose and everything to gain
Old June 14, 2017, 11:44 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Do we have anything to lose against India?
The chance to play in the Champions Trophy final.
Old June 14, 2017, 05:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNAmrkFrmInd
The chance to play in the Champions Trophy final.
I get your point but it's not something people expect us. People look at the finals and feel: well this should belong to Indian atleast