facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 12, 2016, 12:11 PM
Club Cricketer

Default This Shafiul guy

Does not impress me at all medium paced lollipops lucky to get his wickets today....we need a proper replacement for Mustafiz... High hopes for ebadat and rabbi both of whom did well in practice matches don't know why they could play series instead of shafiul

Old October 12, 2016, 12:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

I'm not a fan of bringing failed players. It is criminal for him to have no control of his line at his speed.

I would go with new prospects.
Old October 12, 2016, 12:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Lol. Fans will be fans.
Old October 12, 2016, 12:43 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
I'm not a fan of bringing failed players. It is criminal for him to have no control of his line at his speed.

I would go with new prospects.
Fully agree to me he feels like a remnant of the loser teams we had before...sure doesn't belong to this new and exciting generation.
Old October 12, 2016, 01:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Shafiul might have picked up a couple of wickets here and there, but he looked average or unspectacular to me in every game. I don't see any future with him.

We've four good pacers in Mash, Fizz, Rubel, and Taskin. We've just been unlucky in this series because Fizz is injured, Rubel just recovered and is off form, and Taskin isn't fully in form after "remodeling" his action. Usually, we'll have at least three of them to count on. Al-Amin and not Shafiul rightfully was 5th-choice in ODIs until recently. Hopefully, Ebadat will pan out. We look fine in the pacers category for ODIs.

It's odd how some people forgot all about the Rubel and don't rate him anymore. He was injured and is working to get back in form. Rubel was as good as Taskin not too long ago. It was hard to pick from the two. Kinda hard to forget.
Old October 12, 2016, 01:26 PM
ODI Cricketer

^^ Spot on.

This is the pecking order for pace bowlers in ODI

1) Fizz
2) Mash
3) or 4) Taskin
3) or 4) Rubel
5) Al-Amin

We need a good off-spin all rounder who can actually spin the ball and sort out #3 batting position to climb up in the ranking.
Old October 12, 2016, 01:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Passenger to say the least. I know his loyalist will point out he took few wickets. But so did Mosha once!

He looked not threatening, nor is threatening. And amazing how some people forget in 2010 he couldn't defend 14 against off the last over in one of the ODI's England and lost the game but all remember his heroic in 2011 WC Hence they want him? his main job is a bowler you can't pick him scoring a fluke in 2011. What has he done with the bat since then? Anything of note? BIG NO. So it was a good fluke he batted.

Anyway. His main job as a bowler. He has least 3 bad balls in his overs, they are real bad, wide short, leg sided short. If he is a swinger, then he surely has to pitch outside offstump more? No?

Abu Hider Rony has been forgetten suddenly. The lad was the highest BPL wicket taker, he can swing the boy, reverse, bowl cutters and his a left arm pacer. Since there is no left arm pacer, fizz is out we SHOULD have gone for Hider. It mixes things up, having a left arm pacer. Plus England have many left handed batsmen. Just gives your more options, different style to choose from.

Last edited by Mas_UK25; October 12, 2016 at 02:40 PM..
Old October 12, 2016, 01:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Al amin should have been in the team
Old October 12, 2016, 01:31 PM
Cricket Guru

শফিউল দেখতে খারাপ। হ্যাপী কেসের পরে রুবেল ভাইয়ের মার্কেট ভালো।

ভাইয়েরা আমার,
শফিউল বা রুবেল কেউই খুব জাতের বোলার না। নতুন জেনারেশনের আরো কিছু বোলার আসলে এরা বাদ যাবে এমনিতেই।
Old October 12, 2016, 01:36 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25

Abu Hider Rony has been forgetten suddenly. The lad was the highest BPL wicket taker, he can swing the boy, reverse, bowl cutters and his a left arm pacer. Since there is no left arm pacer, fizz is out we SHOULD have gone for Hider. It mixes things up, having a left arm pacer. Plus England have many left handed batsmen. Just gives your more options, different style to choose from.
^^ I used to like Abu Haider Rony too, but he bowls at 120k-125k which would make him not threatening even in international limited over game.

Our pace bowling stock for LOI is international standard. What we really lack is a Test quality pace bowler or two.
Old October 12, 2016, 01:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

^he was bowling midd 130s, more quicker than BPL 3 speed guns showed.

And based on what do you say Abu Hider Rony can't do well in ODI? One match he has was in the freaking final on a road. He did beat the bat few times ball edged and what not.

No he doesn't bowl 120-125kph. Your wrong there.

Pace isn't everything, if it was Wahab Riaz be taking wickets for fun in ODIS.
Old October 12, 2016, 01:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Abu Hider looked out of sorts in int'l games, and the numbers back that up. Same story in the practice/A matches I believe. Hasn't been impressive after BPL.

Right now, he's just someone with potential. Not a NT caliber player.
Old October 12, 2016, 02:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

actually bowled well today except the last over. I know he played tests before but i think having him in the test team is a big mistake. Definitely not a permanent solution in the longer format.

Abu Hider Rony should be given a Test Debut...has has a very nice yorker delivery and can trouble batsmen. I don't see it in Shafiul sorry.
Old October 12, 2016, 02:17 PM
Cricket Guru

We don't have any test quality pacer except Fizz and Taskin. Unfortunately both are not fully physically ready yet.
Old October 12, 2016, 02:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Rubel has so much potentiel and experience but the guy will always bowl short and wide and go expensive.
He will always remain an under achiever.
But he is very good under pressure.

As for Shafi he did reasonably oil.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old October 12, 2016, 02:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Rubel has so much potentiel and experience but the guy will always bowl short and wide and go expensive.
He will always remain an under achiever.
But he is very good under pressure.

As for Shafi he did reasonably oil.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Rubel is slightly better in ODI whereas worse in test when compared with Shafiqul. An average of 75 is not acceptable in test cricket.
Old October 12, 2016, 02:52 PM
Club Cricketer

I think even md Shohid is better than Shafiul simply because he is very accurate and won't bowl as much rubbish as shafiul
Old October 12, 2016, 02:55 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash Lara Fizz Taskin TI

Abu Haider is not impressive simply because of lack of pace. He has everything but pace. I know pace isn't everything in Fast Bowling, but it is among the must-have properties for a pacer to be threatening or impressive. Unless you are intelligent & experienced as Mash, without pace you won't be even considered in international level.

Shafiul is also a big NO for test-cricket. A Cholera-Patient may survive a LOI but how do you expect a Cholera-Patient to survive test-cricket? It's insane....
Old October 12, 2016, 02:56 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Passenger to say the least. I know his loyalist will point out he took few wickets. But so did Mosha once!

He looked not threatening, nor is threatening. And amazing how some people forget in 2010 he couldn't defend 14 against off the last over in one of the ODI's England and lost the game but all remember his heroic in 2011 WC Hence they want him? his main job is a bowler you can't pick him scoring a fluke in 2011. What has he done with the bat since then? Anything of note? BIG NO. So it was a good fluke he batted.

Anyway. His main job as a bowler. He has least 3 bad balls in his overs, they are real bad, wide short, leg sided short. If he is a swinger, then he surely has to pitch outside offstump more? No?

Remember chamainda vass he was so good for srilanka although he only bowled 120-30 but super accurate and swung the bowl both ways....rony could be in that mould but he needs time
Old October 12, 2016, 03:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Shafiul is unimpressive.

Today in the fielding department as well he let us down
Old October 12, 2016, 04:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Are you guys for real ? Rating Rubel above Al-Amin ?
Pacer nai maney ? Robiul asey, Zia asey, Shahid asey, Sajedul asey.

Birokto lagey kisu kisu publicer post portey. Money hoitasey ekhon thekey ignore listey add kortey hobey onekkey!
Old October 13, 2016, 03:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Shafiul was a good prospect years ago but he never really developed, no reason why he's suddenly a significantly better bowler now, given that he's now late 20s I think it'd be better putting resources into younger prospects.
Old October 13, 2016, 05:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakib12
Remember chamainda vass he was so good for srilanka although he only bowled 120-30 but super accurate and swung the bowl both ways....rony could be in that mould but he needs time
Vaas is a very difficult bowler to replicate. Not only was he brilliant technically-with swing, cutters, reverse, he had an astute mind-always trying to outfox the batsman, extremely accurate and above all his fitness-which allowed him to chug over after over.

Mustafizur has it in him to be even better than Vaas, but matching the Sri Lankan's level of fitness is quite an ask. Vaas played much of his career without major injuries.
Old October 13, 2016, 08:56 AM
Cricket Sage

As much as I criticized him for he will probably play at least one of the tests against England due to our lack of experienced seam options. He should go to New Zealand for his swing bowling, maybe just maybe he will have a breakthrough performance there. In NZ, we need bowlers who can swing prodigiously. If he is really that good with the new ball under helping conditions, might as well as try him against England. Still I don't think he should be a long term Test bowling option. for Shorter formats, He has done enough to retain his place for now.
Old October 13, 2016, 08:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezwansyed
Abu Haider is not impressive simply because of lack of pace. He has everything but pace. I know pace isn't everything in Fast Bowling, but it is among the must-have properties for a pacer to be threatening or impressive. Unless you are intelligent & experienced as Mash, without pace you won't be even considered in international level.

Shafiul is also a big NO for test-cricket. A Cholera-Patient may survive a LOI but how do you expect a Cholera-Patient to survive test-cricket? It's insane....
Abu Hider clocked 140ish in a BPL game if I am not mistaken, His yorkers were beautiful to watch.