facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 22, 2019, 02:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing
Default Pathetic test team selection and decisions time and time again - 4 pacers

This is a huge problem. I can't understand the negative mindset of always going with 4 bowlers and not putting responsibility to the batsmen to score runs. More importantly there is not even a 5th bowler in this team, how are they even gonna compete? You have set them up for failure. This is why I have stopped following bd cricket, they have continued to dig their own graves. There is a lack of intelligence all around bd cricket lately.

Old November 22, 2019, 02:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Why Taskin wasnt picked up when he had much experiences and there was a possibility to give some fear to INDian batamen.
Old November 22, 2019, 05:03 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ponting

Bangladesh cricket has zero professionalism top to bottom. Selectors the worse ever. They make the same mistakes every year and has been doing so for the past two decades. It’s never going to change because corruption is too big.

There’s no planning, clear visions for each format.

They brought back Al Amin who has done well in T20s and I think should be part of ODI too when needed. But should not be in Test because of his style of bowling. The Fizz under Walsh has learnt to bowl lot more seam up balls and can bowl 140k’s, experienced bowler now. Yes has been in poor for at T20s but you got to play him in this test. The pink ball is doing quite a lot. I just don’t see Al Amin doing well in test hope am proven wrong thought but you don’t have to Einstein to know what type of bowler Al Amin is looking at how he bowls.

Mossadekk is a good option for test, I remember he did so well against Herath in Lanka. He can bowl offie and is around 5’8 can has more reach than Miraz. Mossadekk could be good answer and instead of Miraz play Nayeem Hasan who is tall and will get more bounce and I reckon would’ve been handy the last test match wicket.

About the batsmen. How on earth js Kayes getting chances after chances when Shamsur Rahman got dropped for some failures but Kayes is undropable? Mithun seems like someone who won the lottery, playing all the format. I can take Mithun being an option for ODI if needed to fill in for someone but not for other two as he proven that many times. Shamsur after 6 test has better average than Kayes and Mithun that’s not to say Shamsur was any great player but why’s the double standards in the selectors?!

Mithun is appalling in test and T20 even ODI but recent asia cup he held the innings well when there was collapse and like I said is an option, bench depth if needed to fill in for one of the middle order but I believe that kid Naim Sheikh should be given ODI, Tamim coming back mean end of Mithun in ODI, Liton To bat at 5.

Bangladesh selectors have to stop this madness of picking a certain player or players in the some wrong formats. Some players are only better good for certain format or more depending on the type of player.
Old November 22, 2019, 06:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by CricketTiger
Bangladesh cricket has zero professionalism top to bottom. Selectors the worse ever. They make the same mistakes every year and has been doing so for the past two decades. It’s never going to change because corruption is too big.

They brought back Al Amin who has done well in T20s and I think should be part of ODI too when needed. But should not be in Test because of his style of bowling. The Fizz under Walsh has learnt to bowl lot more seam up balls and can bowl 140k’s, experienced bowler now. Yes has been in poor for at T20s but you got to play him in this test. The pink ball is doing quite a lot. I just don’t see Al Amin doing well in test hope am proven wrong thought but you don’t have to Einstein to know what type of bowler Al Amin is looking at how he bowls.

Mossadekk is a good option for test, I remember he did so well against Herath in Lanka. He can bowl offie and is around 5’8 can has more reach than Miraz. Mossadekk could be good answer and instead of Miraz play Nayeem Hasan who is tall and will get more bounce and I reckon would’ve been handy the last test match wicket.

About the batsmen. How on earth js Kayes getting chances after chances when Shamsur Rahman got dropped for some failures but Kayes is undropable? Mithun seems like someone who won the lottery, playing all the format. I can take Mithun being an option for ODI if needed to fill in for someone but not for other two as he proven that many times. Shamsur after 6 test has better average than Kayes and Mithun that’s not to say Shamsur was any great player but why’s the double standards in the selectors?!

Mithun is appalling in test and T20 even ODI but recent asia cup he held the innings well when there was collapse and like I said is an option, bench depth if needed to fill in for one of the middle order but I believe that kid Naim Sheikh should be given ODI, Tamim coming back mean end of Mithun in ODI, Liton To bat at 5.

Bangladesh selectors have to stop this madness of picking a certain player or players in the some wrong formats. Some players are only better good for certain format or more depending on the type of player.
They would never accept their mistake and we will face same thing again again, these selectors need to be removed! It seems people in BD need to demand that and save BD cricket!
Old November 22, 2019, 05:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Quote:

Fizz is a good bowler? Mosaddek ? KDPP
Old November 23, 2019, 01:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

Is our 2004 test team actually better than our 2019 test squad?
Old November 23, 2019, 03:06 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Fizz is a good bowler? Mosaddek ? KDPP
Stop trolling.

Try opening your bit more eyes and read in context or visit local optician if you have issues.
Old November 23, 2019, 09:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I honestly think miraz can play in place of Mithun and do better with the bat and allow us to play an extra bowler which is necessary
Old November 23, 2019, 11:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Stop trolling.

Try opening your bit more eyes and read in context or visit local optician if you have issues.
Al Amin bowled great yesterday. He can generate that 132k with swing.
Old November 24, 2019, 01:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Fizz didn't get picked because he is fragile AF and BCB most likely didn't want to risk him being out of commission for the next few months
Old November 24, 2019, 03:33 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Fizz didn't get picked because he is fragile AF and BCB most likely didn't want to risk him being out of commission for the next few months
Conspiracy. Your own.

Fizz could have played the 2nd test. One test won’t finish him for their year being “fragile”

The fact is Fizz has been dropped because he bowled poorly in the T20s. That’s how Bangladeshi mindset works in cricket.

The fizz is a left handed pacer, adds variety to the attack. Could’ve been handy who knows how he could’ve bowled with the pink ball. He is still BD’s best pacer in all formats. Like it or not, whatever recent last 12month average has been across formats.

The Fizz has been let done. If morons like Mithun can be passenger. A man like Fizz do wonders for BD but has been deprived of the first ever pink ball day night test match in Bangladesh history and that too in India against India.

I know deep down Fizz is upset. But due to his humble upbringing won’t show it And just pretending his fine, going with the flow. I know I’d be hurt AF if they treated me like that. For what? Being the best pacer for many years and given back big moments and they bring back Al Amin who hasn’t played test in years over him!
Old November 24, 2019, 07:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Stop trolling.

It's time I stop reading your KDPP comments.
Old November 24, 2019, 07:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Conspiracy. Your own.

Fizz could have played the 2nd test. One test won’t finish him for their year being “fragile”

The fact is Fizz has been dropped because he bowled poorly in the T20s. That’s how Bangladeshi mindset works in cricket.

The fizz is a left handed pacer, adds variety to the attack. Could’ve been handy who knows how he could’ve bowled with the pink ball. He is still BD’s best pacer in all formats. Like it or not, whatever recent last 12month average has been across formats.

The Fizz has been let done. If morons like Mithun can be passenger. A man like Fizz do wonders for BD but has been deprived of the first ever pink ball day night test match in Bangladesh history and that too in India against India.

I know deep down Fizz is upset. But due to his humble upbringing won’t show it And just pretending his fine, going with the flow. I know I’d be hurt AF if they treated me like that. For what? Being the best pacer for many years and given back big moments and they bring back Al Amin who hasn’t played test in years over him!
Show us stats that Fizz has been a decent bowler recently.
Focus on his eco rate and the number of wickets he takes.
Old November 24, 2019, 10:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Would you look at that, 2 innings defeat in 2 matches and y'all were jumping up and down on why India doesn't invite us. Got your answer yet? Lol ...
Old November 24, 2019, 01:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Not much our selectors can do about our poor pace stock, until BCB grounds/tournament committees start preparing pacer friendly wickets in domestics.

They did have much better choices in batting department though. Momin should have been out of the team long ago, let alone be the captain. Likes of Imrul and Mithun are no fit for the Test team. We are paying the price of selectors ignoring better batsmen like Jahurul, Junaid, Naeem, etc because of their age (even though Jahurul, along with Farhad Reza, outdid junior players in the fitness test).

Also, Saha showed the value of having your best keeper in swinging conditions. If we want to succeed overseas, Nurul has to become the regular Test keeper.
Old November 24, 2019, 02:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Not much our selectors can do about our poor pace stock, until BCB grounds/tournament committees start preparing pacer friendly wickets in domestics.

They did have much better choices in batting department though. Momin should have been out of the team long ago, let alone be the captain. Likes of Imrul and Mithun are no fit for the Test team. We are paying the price of selectors ignoring better batsmen like Jahurul, Junaid, Naeem, etc because of their age (even though Jahurul, along with Farhad Reza, outdid junior players in the fitness test).

Also, Saha showed the value of having your best keeper in swinging conditions. If we want to succeed overseas, Nurul has to become the regular Test keeper.
Mominul should not have been the captain (he doesn't even enjoy captaincy), but he is still better than many other batsman. But I agree Naeem and Jahurul should be considered instead of Imrul and Mithun although most probably they would fail also. Main thing is wickets for domestics should be improved which will pave the way for better fast bowlers and better batsman.
Old November 24, 2019, 03:10 PM
Cricket Legend

What are you guys on about ? You want failures and bit and pieces players like Nurul, Jahurul, Zunaid and Fezza to come back?

Are you nuts? Might as well bring back Ashrafool. At least duita Eid hobey.
Old November 24, 2019, 03:21 PM
Cricket Legend

No Shakib, No Tamim makes our team look worse than Zimbabwe!
Our cricket is regressing. All those advances few years ago were for nothing. We will be back to 11 in the rankings in no time.
Old November 24, 2019, 03:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketboy
Mominul should not have been the captain (he doesn't even enjoy captaincy), but he is still better than many other batsman.
Momin may be technically better than many other batsmen, but he's mentally probably one of the weakest batsmen ever to play for Bangladesh team, thus will continue to fail more often than not outside Mirpur-ZACS. We won't find stability in our batting side with someone so prone to fail like him at one-down.
Old November 24, 2019, 03:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Are you nuts? Might as well bring back Ashrafool. At least duita Eid hobey.
No Shingara bhai, we are not just full of Aloo like you, some of us have some gilu as well.

Ashraful can't even score runs in NCL anymore, whereas Zahurul-Junaid-Naeem have been dominating at whatever level they been given chance at.
Old November 24, 2019, 03:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Momin may be technically better than many other batsmen, but he's mentally probably one of the weakest batsmen ever to play for Bangladesh team, thus will continue to fail more often than not outside Mirpur-ZACS. We won't find stability in our batting side with someone so prone to fail like him at one-down.
At this moment, do you have any replacement for Mominul? I dont think so. So, we have to persist with him and hope his deficiencies improve. Remember he scored a well-crafted 37 in the 1st test match which shows he has the ability.
Old November 24, 2019, 04:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
At this moment, do you have any replacement for Mominul? I dont think so.
On contrary, I think we have plenty of choices who can average better than 21 outside Mirpur-ZACS.

Like I been saying, my preference will be one of the seasoned campaigners from Jahurul or Junaid. If not them, then we have Saif, given Tamim-Shadman will open next series. I will even entertain Naim as an option for the Test team.

No point lingering with someone who can't perform outside home even after so many years of experience.
Old November 24, 2019, 04:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Remember he scored a well-crafted 37 in the 1st test match which shows he has the ability.
Sorry this made me lol, are we scraping that low in the barrel to justify a score of 37 after playing for 7 years?
Old November 24, 2019, 04:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Given that Rajshahi has the greenest ground in the country, it would make more sense to pick top order batsmen from there to plug current holes in Test team top order.

I am still not sold on Saif or Shadman, given they mostly play on flat Dhaka grounds.

Khulna and Chittagong are the worst places to groom top order batsmen, given those places have worst tracks for pacers.
Old November 24, 2019, 05:39 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

I won’t blame the players for their bizarre performances in the pink ball test match rather blame the BCB for throwing them up against the no 1 ranked team without any preparation or experience of playing with the pink ball. The BCB making the same mistake over again and again and learning hardly anything from it first they decided to play Afghanistan on a turning pitch who have some of the worlds top class spinners and now the pink ball test match without any practice