facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Closed Thread

Old March 17, 2007, 07:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

we did it.

Old March 17, 2007, 10:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
What a Game,,,, what a game!!!!!
In this game Bangladesh comprehensively beat India from the beginning ….all through the game ….up to the end. The game was very much under control all the way for Bangladesh. Bowling-wise .... fielding-wise .....batting-wise Bangladesh was clear cut superior than the opponent. Unlike other big wins for Bangladesh, in this game, there was too many heroes.... too many players who contributed in so many ways...in too many key stages.... that’s why the game was very much under Bangladesh’s Control all the way. Now let’s see who are the heroes in this game....

Bowling Heroes:

Mashrafee: There was one less FB in the team. It was very important that Mashrafee gets some quick wickets.... and he exactly did that. He was unplayable.... Ganguly just barely survived Mashrafee's attack. He got two quick wickets and shut down dada and suddenly India is in trouble with 21/2 and a RR of 3.5

Rasel: The unsung hero among the bowlers. His controlled line and length and swings compensated more than enough for his lack of speed. He was unlucky not to get few wickets. But he did his role by stopping the runs in one end. That helped Mashrafee to be more aggressive and not worry about the RR. His selection in the final 11 was questioned by some fans. But he justified his inclusion with his effective run stopping bowling. Kudos to Rasel for the great job he did.

Razzak: For the last one year, Razzak is slowly but surely becoming the 2nd strike bowler for the team behind Mashrafee. No disrespect to Rafique.... but Razzak is more and more becoming as effective and in some cases more effective than Rafiq. And we all know how good Rafiq is for Bangladesh. Now the team is depending more and more on Razzak to help them out bowling in the power plays as well as slog overs. As a spinner it’s not easy.... but he is doing it admirably. His wicket against Tendu was one of the best. Great job Razzak especially the way he is growing game after game.

Rafiq: He is a proven fighter, he is a known commodity. And he proved again old wine gets better with ages. He produced when it matters most. He got a maiden wicket when the team needed a wicket. He was kind of declining.... but produced today when it matters most. Rafiq and Razzak got four quick wickets during the early slog overs to snatch any hope of India's comeback at the later part of the innings.

Sakib: He was the fifth bowler and there was no 6th bowler to help him out if he couldn't complete his 10 overs. It’s too much pressure for this young all-rounder against dangerous Indian lineup. I think he did a great job by completing his 10 overs and by not giving too many runs.

Batting Heroes:

Tamim: What can I say about him.... he has no fear. The way he took off the pressure from the rest of the batsman is unbelievable. The way he manhandled the Indian attack was so much fun to watch... that along with Mashrafee's attack was the best part of the innings. Fans (including myself) doubted his inclusion... he was unproven so far.... but what he showed today, few people will doubt him any longer for the rest of the WC... I have feeling he is that type of player who has a tendency to show his best when playing against his best....first against NZ warm-up match, next against India..... so just watch out Sri Lanka !!!! After performing today the way he did.... he made lots of fans from skeptical to a believer (in him). Great job Tamim. With Tamim and SN as openers.... sky is the limit in future.

Rahim: When SN was down and Tamim was doing all the hitting and the target was manageable... I liked the idea of Rahim batting at #3. His job was to stay at one end and let Tamim (and later Sakib) do the assault.... and he exactly did that. When he needed some quick runs... he did exactly that by hitting few 4s and 6s. This 18 year old was as cool as a cucumber....when senior players like Bashar and Aftab couldn't resist the temptation, this 18 years old played like the brain of the team. This guy is a future captain in making. Any one misses Pilot any more for this WC? Anyone doubt this kid's potential any more? Not me. He pretty much shut down any further discussion about any kind of controversy with his selection.

Sakib: What a matured innings. He played exactly what was needed out of him at that time. He stayed for a while and then started to open up later on. When he left, the game was pretty much in our pocket. Only Bashar made it a little bit more interesting by his reckless batting. Again time and time again some fans doubted his contribution... doubted if he can produce against BIG boys. I hope in this game he answered that. Sakib and Rahim played according to the game plan and they delivered at the end.

Fielding Heroes:

The fielding was excellent specially the young players like Aftab, Sakib, Tamim and Razzak. Even Bashar caught a great catch. Rafiq was the weakest link but he really didn't really embarrassed team though. Fielding-wise they were 100% better than the Indian team.

Wicket keeping was excellent. So far I can remember, Rahim didn't missed any opportunity. Bashar's captaincy was great in general. Only one comment, I thought after power play he went too defensive. Also when Masharfee was bowling the final spell against Munaf, the 11th bowler. he should have more aggressive fielding. They gave too many runs in the 10th wicket.

Final Random thoughts:

- We didn't get three LBW calls and India didn't get one. So 75% of wrong decision went against us.

- This was a game, where we were in the top from the beginning and we never gave the edge back to India. It’s a comprehensive beating

- We were the superior team in all aspects: batting, bowling, wicket keeping, fielding and captaincy.

- All the young players responded very well. Except for Rafiq, the rest of the heroes of this game were either very young (Rasel, Sakib, Rahim, Tamim) or still young enough (Mashrafee and Razzak).

- All the young players (Rahim, Sakib, Tamim, Rasel) with question marks answered very well.

- We haven't seen the best of these young players yet. May be we need to wait upto 2011 to see their full potential

Anyway cheers to all....the players.... the coach.... the selectors...the fans.... for this historic win !!!!!
Here is my feeling about the win against India that I posted in wrong thread.
Old March 17, 2007, 11:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasib
I think its safe to say we will loose... our wins against the big teams come when we least expect it... if im proven wrong i'll be extremely happy though
I was wrong
Old March 17, 2007, 11:20 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
I can smell "Super 8" now!
you can only smell it? i can see it and hear it . party up people and sri lanka im sorry but you have to lose once in a while, good luck with the indians though.
Old March 18, 2007, 12:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

From no other but our pyare S Rajesh, here are a few things achieved today. I think these are among the only FEW things that have been achieved today. These are (sadly) the only things that stats can prove for him!!!

Quote:
- At 17 years and 362 days, Tamim became the youngest debutant to score a half-century in World Cups, and also only the second Bangladesh batsman to score a half-century on debut. The only other Bangladeshi to achieve the feat is Farhad Reza, who made exactly 50 against Zimbabwe at Harare in July last year.

- There were three Bangladesh batsmen who went past 50, making it only the second instance of three World Cup debutants scoring at least a half-century in an innings. The first instance was in the first game of the 1975 tournament, when Dennis Amiss, Keith Fletcher and Chris Old went past 50.

- Mushfiqar Rahim made an unbeaten 59, in the process becoming the first Bangladesh wicketkeeper to score a half-century in World Cups.
Source: http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/wc20...ry/285819.html
Old March 18, 2007, 12:48 AM
Street Cricketer

Bangladesh ve done a gr8 job against INDIA.....Tnx bangladesh...
Old March 18, 2007, 01:35 AM
Club Cricketer

Wink Mondira is set max er face dekhe amar ja khushi lagtesilo!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
17 tarikhe indiar kase dabrani khawar por mukh lukanor jayga thakbe na
ekhon indian re koi mukh rakhbeeeeee frnddddddddd

Bangladesh have slowly, steadily, doggedly worked at their cricket to the best of their ability for years now, and the fruit of that is this win. But, they have won matches like this so many times now, prompting people to say they have finally arrived
Old March 18, 2007, 05:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_swing
I don't know why but from the beginning I was so confident about this win. I am happy but not surprised.
True for me too.
Old March 18, 2007, 06:31 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbt

Mushfiqur Rahim and Mohammad Ashraful bask in the glory of the victory
This picture shows the future of Bangladesh Cricket.
Old March 18, 2007, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahsin Chowdhury
ekhon indian re koi mukh rakhbeeeeee frnddddddddd

next stop - mahela's nightmare!
Old March 18, 2007, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

i couldn't sleep the night before the india game. i literally had to eat a LOT of food to get myself to doze off. finally did so around 3:30, and when i woke up, the world outside was blazing in sunshine. i threw a nervous glance at the clock, and to my relief, the game wasn't going to start before an hour. took a quick shower, ran down to the university campus, and watched the entire match with bangladeshi and indian fans. the bangladeshis were on their feet all day, screaming at the top of their voice, and going crazy. after the game, we had a party to celebrate, and since it was St. Patrick's day and Ireland won, that turned out to be a second usila for partying till the break of dawn.

today, i'm just tired, and healing my voice.
Old March 18, 2007, 10:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I am just relaxing and enjoying the moment. Thinking of the cunning smile of bashar that not only flemming was fooled with but Dravid also. We all know who next. However he already knows that smile too fimiliar. Once bitten twice shy?? I don't care. The Tigers are on a hunting spree. Watch out.

And yes, humiliated. BC will miss some of its members cause they will not show up for a quite good reason. I hope I am wrong.
Old March 18, 2007, 11:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
17 tarikhe indiar kase dabrani khawar por mukh lukanor jayga thakbe na
Quote:

next stop - mahela's nightmare!
Asif miya, tumi tomar mukh lukao giye. I can't imagine you made such comments before the match . Mair khaba amar hathe
Old March 18, 2007, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

arey bujhlen na mia, eta hoilo strategy. khelar aage chuuuupp...kono kotha nai...karon actions speak louder than words...mone mone thiki baash ready hoite thake...jitar por shob buker gohiney jome thaka krodh/akrosh release hoya jaay
Old March 18, 2007, 12:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

nah Asif hoilo shubidhabadhi..... shuru te jokhon sure chilo na pessimistic comments korse but ekhon jokhon BD jitse ehon asif er onno roop. Tao choto bhai er bhul over look kora jay jodi choto bai ekhon theke bangladesh team k tader deserved amount of support dei.
Old March 18, 2007, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahriyar
Tao choto bhai er bhul over look kora jay jodi choto bai ekhon theke bangladesh team k tader deserved amount of support dei.
heh. support to diye ashtesi shei 1992 theke. support na dile ki eto nakani chubani khawar poro ami bangladesher cricket follow kori naki? ami ki ghaash khaite prottek din forume ashi naki? :p
Old March 18, 2007, 01:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
heh. support to diye ashtesi shei 1992 theke. support na dile ki eto nakani chubani khawar poro ami bangladesher cricket follow kori naki? ami ki ghaash khaite prottek din forume ashi naki? :p
Is that when you were born?
Old March 18, 2007, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Is that when you were born?
na na...that was when i started following cricket. i was 7 then.
Old March 18, 2007, 01:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Haire choto bhai... the keyword is deserved amount of support. Everyone who is here supports BD ricket. But not everyone was behind BD before the India game. I feel they did enough in the past few months to have all their fans behind them.
Old March 18, 2007, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Haire choto bhai... the keyword is deserved amount of support. Everyone who is here supports BD ricket. But not everyone was behind BD before the India game. I feel they did enough in the past few months to have all their fans behind them.
what do you mean by "not everyone was behind bd"? i'm pretty sure everyone backed the team and everyone wanted them to win. if you look at bangladesh's losing streaks in the past, i'm sure you'll agree that everyone has always backed the team, probably more than they had expected at times. i personally was cautious before the game because i knew that the Rana incident might have stirred the players, and more importantly, the indian team was reported to have been studying the bangladesh team for quite some time, and everyone knew that at least this time, they wouldn't take us easily, so that we would have to play exceptionally well to be able to beat them, which our players did.

that doesn't mean that they were not getting their deserved support. faith and belief should also be balanced with facts and reality, or else it leads to arrogance and stupidity, and eventually a downfall of the likes of india, sri lanka, australia, new zealand, etc.
Old March 18, 2007, 02:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
what do you mean by "not everyone was behind bd"? i'm pretty sure everyone backed the team and everyone wanted them to win. if you look at bangladesh's losing streaks in the past, i'm sure you'll agree that everyone has always backed the team, probably more than they had expected at times. i personally was cautious before the game because i knew that the Rana incident might have stirred the players, and more importantly, the indian team was reported to have been studying the bangladesh team for quite some time, and everyone knew that at least this time, they wouldn't take us easily, so that we would have to play exceptionally well to be able to beat them, which our players did.

that doesn't mean that they were not getting their deserved support. faith and belief should also be balanced with facts and reality, or else it leads to arrogance and stupidity, and eventually a downfall of the likes of india, sri lanka, australia, new zealand, etc.
"17 tarikhe indiar kase dabrani khawar por mukh lukanor jayga thakbe na "

This is what I meant when I said not everybody was behind the BD team and yes although everyone is a fan here, but the team might not have gotten the kind of support it deserves based on their recent perfomances.
I agree that faith and belief should also be balanced with fact and reality but dont see how believing that BD could beat India was not a realistic expectation specially given our warm up performance.

Your quote was dated 15th march, news of Rana's death surfaced 16th March. I rest my case.
Old March 18, 2007, 05:37 PM
Banned

okay i think it's enough for now. now bd should concentrate on the next big match against Sri Lanka and IF we can win that one, sure no one can say
1. that either of the 3 wins (against, NZL, Ind, or possibly SL) = upsets
2. no need to bother about run rates
3. our players will have set themselves a solid foundation for making it to the semi finals, as we would've beaten TWO top contenders for the world cup by then. this will be a huge confidence boost to the players, coach and officials alike
Old March 18, 2007, 06:29 PM
Street Cricketer

WoooooooooooooHooooooooooooooo!
Roar Bangladeshi Tigers! Make Sri Lanka your dinner! (Obviously, India was their lunch :p)
hihihi..
Goodluck to our team!
Old March 18, 2007, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
"17 tarikhe indiar kase dabrani khawar por mukh lukanor jayga thakbe na "

This is what I meant when I said not everybody was behind the BD team and yes although everyone is a fan here, but the team might not have gotten the kind of support it deserves based on their recent perfomances.
I agree that faith and belief should also be balanced with fact and reality but dont see how believing that BD could beat India was not a realistic expectation specially given our warm up performance.

Your quote was dated 15th march, news of Rana's death surfaced 16th March. I rest my case.
ok, so i may have made that comment before rana's death, and before thinking that it might affect the players. but what do you mean by "I rest my case"? what are you trying to prove here? kisher case?

the line that you've quoted in bold was a light one-off comment, made in sync with the light mood with which this thread was opened, and hence the use of a word like "dabrani". both you and i know that, and if you want to use it to prove that i wasn't backing bangladesh or didn't think it was realistic that bangladesh would beat india (which btw i did state was realistic in my other posts before the game), then i don't have much to say.

and look, i've been following cricket for 15 years now, and have supported bangladesh throughout. if i hadn't had belief in the team, i wouldn't have. so amake "not everyone was behind the team" marka ajaira kotha shunaite aishen na, please. thanks.
Old March 18, 2007, 10:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
ok, so i may have made that comment before rana's death, and before thinking that it might affect the players. but what do you mean by "I rest my case"? what are you trying to prove here? kisher case?

the line that you've quoted in bold was a light one-off comment, made in sync with the light mood with which this thread was opened, and hence the use of a word like "dabrani". both you and i know that, and if you want to use it to prove that i wasn't backing bangladesh or didn't think it was realistic that bangladesh would beat india (which btw i did state was realistic in my other posts before the game), then i don't have much to say.

and look, i've been following cricket for 15 years now, and have supported bangladesh throughout. if i hadn't had belief in the team, i wouldn't have. so amake "not everyone was behind the team" marka ajaira kotha shunaite aishen na, please. thanks.
First up, thank you for a polite response to my posts.
When I said "I rest my case" I used the phrase to mean that I had thought the "evidence" I provided proved my "ajaira marka kotha". However, clearly there has been a blunder on my part since I seemed to have misunderstood the nature of your post, the one I highlighted that is.
Good for you that you have been following Bangladesh cricket for so long and yes I do agree that you wouldnt have done so had you not been "behind the team". I do not think I have once in my previous posts implied that you do not support bangladesh cricket or the national team. All I implied based on your posting before the match is that you were not confident about our team's ability to beat India which is no crime. And I did not try to implicate you as a criminal either. Maybe my use of the term "not behind the team" was inappropriate and I should have said "lack of complete confidence about the ability of our players to beat India" instead.
Finally I am no one to even judge the integrity of any fans let alone question your level of support for the team. So as far as I am concerned I made a blunder making those previous posts and would henceforth refrain from making "ajaira" posts towards you.
Closed Thread