facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 17, 2009, 03:53 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default We Pat them, We kick them...

Bangladesh is a country with over 150 million people populating its every corner. There are the people from Chittagong, who have to cope with natural disasters as often as a new moon, the people from Sylhet, whose export of tea is known all around the world, and there’s Dhaka, where people have to starve themselves on a regular basis, due to the overpopulation of the capital. However different these people from the different areas of the country might be, there’s one thing in common. When an international cricket match starts on the TV, they find their ways to a set. Each of the cities have their different dialects of Bangla (which might even be hard for a foreigner from another city to understand), yet they all speak the same language of cricket. Through following the Bangladeshi Tigers, patriotism shows its full extent. However, recently the Bangladeshi fans have become so much patriotic that the enjoyment of the cricket game is somewhat at loss.
We, as fans of Bangladeshi cricket, commit ourselves to stand by our team and our players through the low and the high. We have to understand that Bangladesh is still a team searching for its proper place in the international cricket scene. We fans can easily get emotional after a game, but it’s up to us to make sure that we lift the players back up after their mistakes, or even foolishness. No player in his own accord wants to lose the game for their country. They know that they have to perform for the country and try his best to do what is required of him. We should not push the player over the boundary line when he is at his weakest points.
A cricket match is not only about which team the best talent has, but also about which team comes into the field with the least tensions and worries. The problem with us is that we tend to kick the players when they are down. They know that they have made a mistake and done something which has caused for a loss. They know, the Bangladeshi Cricket Board knows, and we know. The BCB, fans, or the players are not happy with themselves. This keeps them in a constant pressure which makes it even less likely that they will perform. The support from the fans is what our players’ lack, especially at the time of bad form or a mistake.
This is one of the reasons that we have lost Habibul Bashar, our greatest batsman up to date. He performed for our country over and over again, however as soon as he has started performing badly, the fans wanted him out. They even went as far as to burn his effigies. How can us except for him to perform if we hold a gun to his head every he goes in to play. His mind is on everything but cricket, because we fans have made it that way. I think that is one of the greatest reasons that Habibul Bashar haven’t been able to come back, and is one of the same reasons Ashraful will always be a fool. We are becoming the fans similar to Indian cricket, where they constantly changes support for a player. We should try to be more like the Sri Lankan supporters, who have given chances after chances to their players and thus their players have performed.
If we don’t respect our players, why should we expect our players to respect us. It was just a matter of time before we turned on to Aftab Ahmed, like we did with Habibul Bashar, and he knew it. No player is safe from the attack of the fans. Mashrafee heard it, Sakib heard it, Ashraful hears it over and over again, Syed Rasel, Shahadat; you name it, they heard it. We are lucky that Ashraful hasn’t yet left us to go play for the ICL, seems like that’s what most of the fans want anyway. If I was in Ashrafuls position, I certainly would have left for better or worse.
So I just want to finish by saying, support the players when they are down, rather than scrutinizing them. Rubel Hossain feels bad for giving 20 runs in a over, he certainly didn’t want to. Let’s forget about that, and look at his previous day when he has done so well and took 4 wickets. Only that way we can be sure that our players can come back from bad form, rather than leaving the cricket scene forever.

Old January 17, 2009, 04:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

I agree whole heartedly. I appreciate your responsible comments and would wish others to advocate yours and mine views. I have said this repeatedly don't bash Ashraful, if you lose him then only you will realize what an asset he is. He is learning as a captain and for 99% of the game yesterday he was absolutely fabulous, I agree with some of the members opinion that the second over from Rubel was a mistake but I am willing to forgive him for a number of reasons, such as he is fairly new, it was a team decision, there was not a better choice, it was luck and Murali played with his luck and succeeded, it was not ours that's all.

It's frustrating to lose from the claws of victories, trust me I know, you guys have no idea what I had gone through just to watch the end of this match and what followed is a tide of sadness. There is hardly any consolation as no one cares about the losses no matter how close they are. I hope this picture tells you what the captain is doing for our team, how he feels towards Bangladeshi cricket, and atleast accept that he might not be the brightest/chilled out captain out there from Bangladesh, but he cares and a lot.
Old January 17, 2009, 07:14 AM
First Class Cricketer

i agree, the only reason ashraful hasnt left is that he loves representing his country too much. i really hope that a lot of the bangladeshi players get bought by the ipl so we dont have to think about the icl any more.
Old January 17, 2009, 07:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I feel for BD. I was thinking that BD will never be able to beat SL and reach the final, because SL always thrashes them badly. It would have been worse if they had to sit out the fnal and watch SL thrash ZIM in the final. Here, even though they lost, it was an exciting match for the home crowd. It would have been sweet if BD had won. Jaya praised the BD team, no deragotary remarks and he remarked that they have improved as a team. I think that he was surprised that BD gave them a good fight and he says that this is the way that they must play and they will eventually beat better teams. He thought that BD and Zim were easy pickings, but he was pleasantly surprised.

Fans, just think how much worse you will feel if BD had not won against SL and gained that bonus point to play in the final. Look at all the positives and dont focus so much on the negatives. I have seen better captains than Ash make worse mistakes.
Old January 17, 2009, 07:18 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: iqbal,ishant,southee

inshallah bd will rock by 2011
Old January 17, 2009, 07:53 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
I agree whole heartedly. I appreciate your responsible comments and would wish others to advocate yours and mine views. I have said this repeatedly don't bash Ashraful, if you lose him then only you will realize what an asset he is. He is learning as a captain and for 99% of the game yesterday he was absolutely fabulous, I agree with some of the members opinion that the second over from Rubel was a mistake but I am willing to forgive him for a number of reasons, such as he is fairly new, it was a team decision, there was not a better choice, it was luck and Murali played with his luck and succeeded, it was not ours that's all.

It's frustrating to lose from the claws of victories, trust me I know, you guys have no idea what I had gone through just to watch the end of this match and what followed is a tide of sadness. There is hardly any consolation as no one cares about the losses no matter how close they are. I hope this picture tells you what the captain is doing for our team, how he feels towards Bangladeshi cricket, and atleast accept that he might not be the brightest/chilled out captain out there from Bangladesh, but he cares and a lot.
really nice...keep it up brother...
Old January 17, 2009, 08:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Agreed to the core, master! It's damn easy to open the pie-hole and bring out rubbish, but he who faces things knows how things are. At least, our team has been seen as a complete unit these days, let's appreciate that and move one. Everyone's trying their best, and the day all the bests will get to do their best altogether, we'll rock babe!
Old January 17, 2009, 12:21 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

soccer20reverse bhai please curse few more players like you cursed Sakib..Pleaseeeee
Old January 17, 2009, 01:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
soccer20reverse bhai please curse few more players like you cursed Sakib..Pleaseeeee
khati khota, soccer20reverse bai abar doya kore teamer koektare curse koren, pls bai
Old January 17, 2009, 02:32 PM
Cricket Savant

you cant be expected seriously with a name like tenku.... seriously....no SERIOUSLY, Tenku?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 17, 2009, 02:37 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: iqbal,ishant,southee

thats true, we pat them wen we win we kick them wen we loose.
this is the rule of a game