facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Is he ready to play ODI?
Yes. now is the best time 30 65.22%
No. He is not Ready for ODI cricket 7 15.22%
it doesn't matter/I don't care 9 19.57%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 23, 2012, 06:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Selectors will cover up their blunders by selecting Anamul in ODI when they should have selected him in test instead of worldclass Nazimuddin...so a debut to happen wish you all the best Anamul

Old November 23, 2012, 08:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshimon
IMO Anamul will play from the first match if he will do well in the 2nd practice match. Otherwise he may have to wait for any one's worse performance.
I think so.... He should play the practice match...
Old November 23, 2012, 08:13 PM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

It seems like our selectors are going to play him as an opener with Jahurul coming at #3, I'd prefer the other way around as #3 is Anamul's preferred spot. I guess the one advantage of playing Anamul as an opener is that in future we could have Mominul come in at #3.
Old November 25, 2012, 06:46 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

Its about time, can't wait and even if he doesn't do well so what? his first experience and he will learn from it. I know he played in the unofficial tri-series back in June and performed bad with the bat but he came back stronger in the Under-19 World Cup so same here incase he doesn't perform. If he's not selected for some silly reason then its obvious Mushfiqur Rahim the Bangladesh captain is afraid of losing his place permanently. Besides, Bangladesh are seriously lacking a full-time partner for Tamim and a number 3.
Old November 25, 2012, 06:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Shobai anamul ke niey jei babhe lafali korche... money hocche ki na ki :P hahaha.
But yes, I think it's about time we give him a shot.
Old November 26, 2012, 03:29 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antora
Shobai anamul ke niey jei babhe lafali korche... money hocche ki na ki :P hahaha.
But yes, I think it's about time we give him a shot.
Woot Woot post. Etakei bole Laath mere nomoshkar!!!
Old November 26, 2012, 03:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

He'll debut for certain, the only ambiguity is about the position. He wants to bat at number 3 and that may be the ideal position for him anyway.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old November 26, 2012, 03:49 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
He'll debut for certain, the only ambiguity is about the position. He wants to bat at number 3 and that may be the ideal position for him anyway.
Yep. It maybe 2. Anamul 3. Naeem or 2. Naeem 3. Anamul..

But I won't be surprised, if Jahurul somehow gets into the XI.
Old November 28, 2012, 09:24 AM
ODI Cricketer

I havent seen him play but due to all the hype over here was expecting him to be someone exceptional. However, have to say judging by his performances from these practice games and the unofficial T20s in Zimbawe, it seems to me that he simply isn't the answer as a number 3 or an opener, at least not quite yet. He seems to be someone like Ash gets confused when to shift gears and adapt to game situations. Although for our sakes I hope I am mistaken.
Old November 28, 2012, 09:27 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

He has obviously had psychosomatic issues with opening the bat. So why not play him at number 3 and see what happens? It's not like we have an immovable number 3 batsman or something! Get some other patsy to open FGS!!!
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old November 28, 2012, 09:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

He is an average limited-overs player at best . Don't expect him to make the same impact as a Shakib, Tamim or Nasir but I'd still give him a go over the guys we have been recycling for the last few years. He should definitely be in the Test XI from now on.
Old November 28, 2012, 09:34 AM
ODI Cricketer

^ lol at first when he failed in the T20s people here were saying he isn't good in the T20s, better pick him for ODIs and now that he has failed even in this format, we have to assume he is better at tests? And if he fails there? I guess ICC has to invent a whole new format just for Anamul Haque from Bangladesh?

The same goes for this myth about his batting position. At first he will make a good opener, now he is a better player at 3, what's next? 3.5?

Nachte na Janley uthan Baka bucchen bhai?

You seem to forget tests are the ultimate test of skill and a player who sucks in the shorter versions are more than likely to suck even more in tests.
Old November 28, 2012, 09:42 AM
Banned

I disagree! he's a number 3 batsman and when he played in that 'unofficial' tri-series, he was playing at number 2 same with these warm-up matches. Might as well play him at his favourite position which is 3.
Old November 28, 2012, 09:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRoom
I disagree! he's a number 3 batsman and when he played in that 'unofficial' tri-series, he was playing at number 2 same with these warm-up matches. Might as well play him at his favourite position which is 3.
He batted in his favoured number 3 position in the tri-series, bro. Failed both times. I find it funny that such a big fuss is being made about his batting position tbh. He's a debutant, he should be ready to bat wherever the team needs him.
Old November 28, 2012, 09:49 AM
ODI Cricketer

I hope you are right but IMHO its just clutching at straws. He seems to have a lot of issues, maybe he isn't mature enough, maybe he is a choker? I just don't know as think this thing about his position is the least of his problems.
Old November 28, 2012, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Eita ki debut korbe? Khela dekhe to mone hoy na jibone bat dhorse dui haate. Ashraful 2.0, i.e. Worse than Ashraful.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old November 28, 2012, 11:03 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

he plays well in Number 3..plz let him bat there
Old November 28, 2012, 11:06 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark mage
You seem to forget tests are the ultimate test of skill and a player who sucks in the shorter versions are more than likely to suck even more in tests.
not exactly..many great players sucked in the short version but excelled in test..atm the player comes in my mind is VVS laxman
Old November 28, 2012, 11:36 AM
Cricket Sage

I am heppy for Anamul and I think he will be part of our missing link in the team.

However I am kind of getting nervous, I am having a second thought... is he ready or not?

My worry is, if we give him a chance, are we (mainly selectors and fans) patient enough to stick with him enough? Becuase I am afraid he may not be instant hit, it may take him some time to adjust and grow...and we are willing to give him that chance?

If we don;t stick with him enough, that would be a tragedy. It's not that bringing a player early where kill a young player, its that we lose our trust to new player too quickly before giving him enough time to develop one way or another... that's where we kill a player.

Last edited by Fazal; November 28, 2012 at 12:17 PM..
Old November 28, 2012, 12:12 PM
Banned

Look at Nasir Hossain! we gave him time and he turned out to be great so even if Anamul fails to deliver so be he'll just learn from it.
Old November 28, 2012, 12:18 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

So Anam kept in both game, even when mushy was there. So will we see him with the gloves?
Old November 28, 2012, 12:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

hoi hoi roi roi kolorob na uthle hoi if incase Anamul doesn't make impact. You can't expect a player everytime to perform straight away esp newcomers. I'm sure with time, he'll lead our batting.
Old November 28, 2012, 12:29 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
hoi hoi roi roi kolorob na uthle hoi if incase Anamul doesn't make impact. You can't expect a player everytime to perform straight away esp newcomers. I'm sure with time, he'll lead our batting.
Everyone need to see the footage (again)of Shak and Tamim in their early days, specially Tamim...
Old November 28, 2012, 12:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRoom
Look at Nasir Hossain! we gave him time and he turned out to be great so even if Anamul fails to deliver so be he'll just learn from it.
Nasir scored a fifty on debut.
after that he didn't need to look back.
So u can say "We gave him opportunity", this boy became a reliable batsman in no time.
Old November 28, 2012, 01:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Anamul is more suitable for Test! But the selectors don't get it. They played out of form Nazim and off color SN instead of Anamul and Mominul. But now they will pick Anamul and if he fails that will ruin his career. These selectors have no clue what players are suited for what types of pitches or what formats...