facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Closed Thread

Old September 3, 2010, 03:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

well,we can't just rule out a good contender only because he is urdu/hindi speaking.we should just get the best man for the job and if he happens to be urdu/hindi speaking,then just leave it upto the players.if the player can speak in english and is comfortable with it,let him talk to the coach in english and if not,then the player may choose to speak in hindi/urdu.i don't see any problem with that

Old September 3, 2010, 03:27 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
funny thread

english e kotha bolle no problem but hindi/urdu. haha..
Mr. Murad, I thought you were smarter than that. I would have never expected a person like you can compare English with Hindi or Urdu. It may be unfortunate that we can't live without English simply because there are many things (such as many science books, computer OS, etc.) that we simply don't have in Bangla yet and we need to depend on English. But we should try our best so that may be one day we can live without even English. I have given up everything to focus rest of my life developing some needed tools, books, materials for that matter. So I am sure you will appreciate my effort being part of an struggle in every aspect of Bengalis today. This thread is to remind some decision makers at our national level to do some strategic work, mate. So the normal humble Bengali may say this or that, but I wouldn't expect the same from the intellectuals.
Old September 3, 2010, 03:34 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
well,we can't just rule out a good contender only because he is urdu/hindi speaking.we should just get the best man for the job and if he happens to be urdu/hindi speaking,then just leave it upto the players.if the player can speak in english and is comfortable with it,let him talk to the coach in english and if not,then the player may choose to speak in hindi/urdu.i don't see any problem with that
Just imagine what would have happened if some great Bengalis didn't have any problem with Urdu being the national language. Let me clarify if I haven't already, I have no problem with Urdu or Hindi speaking people or even one becoming the coach of our national team as long as the communication with our national players didn't happen in any other language but Bangla or English as they are our official languages. An individual player may learn and speak as many languages as he or she wants, but while performing national duty, he or she must act to protect our national interests, our culture, language etc. For this, if we are to pay someone and hire an outsider, we must set rules so that those interests are being protected.
Old September 3, 2010, 03:50 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
oh yeah ?! under which law ? and what exactly is a "nearly criminal act". I thought it's either criminal or not.

great exercise in logic there guv'nor, no wonder this thread is such a laugh riot !
I think your name should be declared criminal as well because there was a pakistani PM by the name of sharif. how's that for logic ?

I do know some of it but can't say the same for you unfortunately.

just giving it a name does not make it so. you are forgetting the fact that pakistan does not rule you any more, you rule yourself.
letting a coach to speak to the players in whatever language isn't going to matter an iota.

please do, I'm all ears !
cool, so for argument's sake let's suppose if tomorrow hindi/urdu takes the place of english you would be the first to learn hindi/urdu ?

sourav is spelt with a '' i.e s, not ''.
one would expect a champion of bangla to know this much শুদ্ধ বাংলা, but apparently not.
coming to sourav, I would call him a fool if he did that in the presence of players who didn't understand bangla (unless he was fooling around). if they understood it then fine.

similarly I insist that my hindi speaking friends speak in a language everyone understands (usually english) when in presence of my tamil/andhraite friends who don't understand hindi. it's just common sense.
most out of state people pick up bangla when they stay here for a couple of years and vice versa. I picked up some marathi when I was in pune. the lnguages after all have much in common. heck, one of my non-bengali friends speaks as good bangla as me. ever heard manoj tiwari or laxmiratan shukla give interview to a local channel ? they speak faultless bangla although their families are from the hindi heartland. some of the leading lights in bangla cultural scene are non-bengalis by origin and it goes both ways.

let me help you out since you are having trouble figuring this out.

it was not that the coach wasn't 'allowed' to speak in bangla but that he was smart enough NOT to give instruction in a language the kids didn't understand. savvy ?
what kind of moron speaks to people in a language they don't understand ?

well they have already been 'as brave' and fought for their country. it was called the freedom struggle and it was fought against the british. bengalis were at the forefront of that movement and they were fighting for the freedom of their motherland, India. get it ?
speaking of bangla seeking freedom from India (which seems to be a common fantasy among some BDesi's), it is as ridiculous a notion as it gets. the Indian identity is the sum total of of its constituent identities, just like it is meaningless to talk of the heart seeking freedom the body, it is meaningless to talk of bangla seeking freedom from India. simply put, there is no living body without a heart and there is no India without Bengal. same goes for the other states.
it's quite clear you have no idea of India, WB or of rajakars to even speak of them in the same sentence.
Mr Neel, calm down, if you will please. I won't go into the details of so many of your baseless and logic-less attack on me. Your last paragraph (I marked bold) sums up something rather interesting. Your this point of view of India without Bengal or Bengal without India logic doesn't match a modern and educated Bangladeshi Bengali thinking. So suggesting that it would be okay to allow Hindi/Urdu speaking at the national level may be okay from your Indian point of view, but don't get offended if I as a Bengali of Bangladesh differ from your point of view or get offended by it. Clearly in this part of the world anyone who was willing to accept Urdu as the national language has been compared with or has been leveled with rajakar. But from the Indian point of view it may be different. I can live with it. I would expect you to do the same honor to me for our differences so that we can avoid name calling.
Old September 3, 2010, 04:07 AM

As mod: alright kids, stop your bickering over this silly topic. This thread no longer deserves to be in Bangladesh Cricket subforum. I'm locking it up for a cooloff period.

as myself: sharifk, I can empathise with your view that the coach should communicate in English and/or Bangla, but your reasoning for arguing against some Urdu/Hindi speaking coach is something that is very subjective and, quite emotional an issue on your part. There is no sense bringing in our national history, rajakars, etc to this forum and topic, its completely irrational and pointless. Someone who is forward looking wont be hanging onto the question of "national interest" and what not.

Please leave it be. No need to squabble over such a non-issue. Bat-pad'er gap'i polapain kheyal kore na, abar ekhon bhasha niya matha betha korbo? This pointless thread is better served as a showpiece of human baseness.
Closed Thread