facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 3, 2010, 02:58 PM
Banned

Default Bookie claims India-Sri Lanka Rajkot ODI was fixed

MUMBAI: Here's a lead for the International Cricket Council's ( ICC) Anti-Corruption Unit to probe into. A top bookmaker in India, who strictly maintains that he is not involved in the player-bookie nexus, says the December 15, 2009 India- Sri Lanka One-day match at Rajkot was suspicious. "Saaf nahi tha (it wasn't clean)," he told TOI on Friday.

Sri Lanka won the toss, elected to field and India ran amok scoring 414 runs on a placid track. In reply, Sri Lanka rode on Tillakaratne Dilshan's massive 160 and almost chased the target before falling short by 3 runs. Sri Lanka bowled 27 extras in the game, India bowled 21 and a total of 825 runs were scored at the Madhavrao Scindia ground that day.

"Sri Lanka were 401/5 with just 14 more runs needed from seven balls. The bets were coming in fast because punters wanted to balance the stakes. At the start, India looked firm favourites and there were almost no takers for Sri Lanka win. But towards the end, it all became a frenzy," says the bookie.

Right then, he received a text message on his mobile. The sender was a 20-year-old boy from Rajasthan who earlier used to work for him as a cleaner. He wrote: "Sab saude kaat do, aur call mat lena. India match le jar raha hai (Cancel all deals and don't take any further bets. India is winning the game)."

The bookmaker says instinct made him listen to his former employee and he turned out right. India won by three runs.

What was behind the SMS may never be known but the bookie continues to harp on the rumour of the amount of money that was transacted that night. "I am told that money around Rs 28 crore ($ 7m) changed hands that night," he says.

It is for the relevant authorities to try and see if there was any truth to the allegations. The bookie also went on to add a little more after his 'fixing' theory. "That was the last match that I heard was suspicious. I can also say that Indian players are clean. They're among the most impeccable, especially the senior players," he says.

With skeletons tumbling out of the Pakistan closet, while that may be of slight relief, it is still disturbing that there is talk a fixed game being played less than a year back in India. And one man, claims he has circumstantial evidence to prove it happened. Will the authorities probe this claim?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...ow/6488556.cms

Old September 3, 2010, 03:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

So now an Indian bookie is pointing fingers at the Srilankan players & claiming Indian players are innocent. Typical. If we could just see what happens behind the curtain in IPL.

Last edited by Habib; September 3, 2010 at 03:46 PM..
Old September 4, 2010, 09:06 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
So now an Indian bookie is pointing fingers at the Srilankan players & claiming Indian players are innocent. Typical. If we could just see what happens behind the curtain in IPL.
Cant you see that he is just another attention seeker trying to take advantage of the situation? And TOI is just trying to sell their idiotic paper. Just about anyone can stand up now and claim that certain players/matches were fixed and he will get plenty of front page space.
Old September 4, 2010, 09:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

in fact I'm quite surprised TOI hasn't had an article like that already.
Old September 4, 2010, 08:49 PM
ODI Cricketer

The article itself is from TOI website

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...ow/6488556.cms
Old September 4, 2010, 10:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer
Cant you see that he is just another attention seeker trying to take advantage of the situation? And TOI is just trying to sell their idiotic paper. Just about anyone can stand up now and claim that certain players/matches were fixed and he will get plenty of front page space.
Yes I can see that. But that doesn't have anything to do with the article published in an Indian newspaper.
Old September 4, 2010, 11:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

I meant to say that I was surprised that TOI didn't have an article accusing all players of the world, including Indian ones of match fixing.
Old September 5, 2010, 04:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

414 runs in 50 overs and chasing within 3 runs is a fixed match? HHS. I have wings and I can fly plus can remain invisible for 2 minutes.
Old September 6, 2010, 02:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
414 runs in 50 overs and chasing within 3 runs is a fixed match? HHS. I have wings and I can fly plus can remain invisible for 2 minutes.
Any bet on that?
Old September 6, 2010, 06:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

sangakara is being suspected now accoring to this article i read in PA today.sangakara of all the people i thought was very decent!
Old September 6, 2010, 06:35 AM
Banned

this is all bull crappe. all the papers and media are gona claim every other match was fixed just to get on the front page n get famous.
Old September 6, 2010, 09:37 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
sangakara is being suspected now accoring to this article i read in PA today.sangakara of all the people i thought was very decent!
No its not sanga. Its a leading SL player we dont know any names yet. I been hearing rumours its Dilshan. PA just assumed its Sanga.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)