facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 9, 2010, 05:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

I didn't like him choosing IPL over county cricket :p how can he even think of bang bang T20 as a better learning compared to the toughest domestic competition in the world?

Old September 9, 2010, 06:06 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Thanks Bhai.

btw this is from PA.

TIK chok eto LAL ken...mone hoy Australia giya sadha meyeder sathe tanki marteche tai gum kom hocche..
Old September 9, 2010, 06:07 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Thanks Bhai.

btw this is from PA.

TIK chok eto LAL ken...mone hoy Australia giya sadha meyeder sathe flirt korteche tai gum kom hocche..

Last edited by Nadim; September 9, 2010 at 06:14 AM..
Old September 9, 2010, 07:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
Which are the two weak teams in our group? I think, we have lost against all of them not much time ago.
bd losing to any team doesn't make them strong...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old September 9, 2010, 07:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

wished you have asked about the incident in IR. since you your self living abroad was a perfect man to ask the question what he meant when he said...

other than that good interview...

thanks
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old September 9, 2010, 07:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Thanks Bhai.

btw this is from PA.

TIK chok eto LAL ken...mone hoy Australia giya sadha meyeder sathe flirt korteche tai gum kom hocche..
Na mone hoy Friend der sathe boshe Ganja tanteche.
Old September 9, 2010, 08:28 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sean williams

GOOD interview.
Old September 9, 2010, 08:32 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib

Zunaid Bh,
A very special Thanks to you for giving your professional touch the interview. It looks very professional now. Have a Nice Eid to you and all your family members (including Banglacricket members).

Thanks & Regards,
Iqbal Eusuf
Old September 9, 2010, 08:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
I didn't like him choosing IPL over county cricket :p how can he even think of bang bang T20 as a better learning compared to the toughest domestic competition in the world?
To me thats surprising as well..IPL is not nearly as good as county cricket..it might not have the star power IPL has but all 3 formats are played all the teams are really competitive..and we all saw how much Ash learned from Tendulkar..fact is these players aren't gonna make you better..their just teammates for not 2 long of a time..and their usually practicing on their game before they start giving tips to others..I think its mainly the money he likes in the IPL..money will come for Tamim and he should understand that..he's so young and still has a ways to go and county cricket will be much better for him then the IPL..and I was hoping that soon he'll get a county contract but it doesn't seem he's going aggressively for one..
Old September 9, 2010, 08:49 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Money talks brother....
Old September 9, 2010, 09:35 AM
Administrator

I think he is a tad bit peeved at getting neither a county contract nor an IPL. I wonder if his comment about not wanting to sit around for 14 matches and still get paid was a dig at someone.
Old September 9, 2010, 09:37 AM
Administrator

To add. I love his arrogance. He reminds me of me : )
Old September 9, 2010, 09:41 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
I don't think that question was worded right. Look at shakib's he managed to stay with his county team through out a large part of the season, and assuming he was part of an IPL team, I don't think they would have clashed together. A lot of the IPL star players also play county cricket, they manage to do both. Tamim was asked to choose only one of them. But if you think about it ideally if he gets selected for a county team and an IPL team, he can easily do both.
Old September 9, 2010, 10:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Tamim Iqbal: Obviously IPL
An Idiotic answer
Old September 9, 2010, 12:17 PM
ODI Cricketer

bhai, matha thanda rakh new zealand er sathe.
ekta chokka marar por next ball-e abar marte jais na...pleeeeeease
Old September 9, 2010, 12:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Tamim has the right to choose IPL or County,why do we need to judge his choice?
Old September 9, 2010, 12:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Why not? It's a message forum & people have the right to express their opinion. It's not like we are forcing him to do something.
Old September 9, 2010, 02:38 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Good interview. Many thanks for sharing with us.
Old September 9, 2010, 04:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
I guess we all are entitled to our opinion. But the way BC members are acting, as if Tamim is a SUPER human, not just a cricketer.

Why wouldn’t he choose IPL when money is there? You guys are all talking as if you wouldn’t do it yourselves. Half the BC members, including me, left BD for a better education and better life which includes financial security. What’s wrong with a BD cricketer trying to do the same? Heck, even players like Bond of NZ took early retirement for ICL……….

Old September 9, 2010, 06:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Well from interviews I've seen/heard/read of him, it seemed to me like he wanted to play county cricket with passion!! and that he would pick county over anything anyday..
Old September 9, 2010, 08:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
I guess we all are entitled to our opinion. But the way BC members are acting, as if Tamim is a SUPER human, not just a cricketer.

Why wouldn’t he choose IPL when money is there? You guys are all talking as if you wouldn’t do it yourselves. Half the BC members, including me, left BD for a better education and better life which includes financial security. What’s wrong with a BD cricketer trying to do the same? Heck, even players like Bond of NZ took early retirement for ICL……….

Well considering he wants to "learn" and "improve" his game, it would be more worthwhile to play some test and ODI cricket in the seaming tracks of England, rather than scoring 40 off 20 balls every game on flat decks of India.
Old September 9, 2010, 08:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Well considering he wants to "learn" and "improve" his game, it would be more worthwhile to play some test and ODI cricket in the seaming tracks of England, rather than scoring 40 off 20 balls every game on flat decks of India.
Disagree. You make it seem that one cannot improve from the latter. Quite the contrary. Even if one becomes a hard hitting pinch hitter, one can still take his game further by refining it. May be it will not prepare him for dead rubber but at least it will hone his T20 skills.

That's why old masters of art, music or even martial arts would give a student a single work to be copied over and over and over again till they mastered it and became second nature. I guess same theory applies.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old September 9, 2010, 08:54 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

i really like the example of cadbury.
Old September 10, 2010, 01:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Firstly, he seems like the only proper man in either of those pictures. He is very sellable as a star commodity..

Regarding IPL/County, I really hope he places top priority in County. He should play IPL obviously because of the money, but county is what will improve him as a cricketer. If he wants to be better than just a Bangladeshi opener who can score at times and more like a world-class opener who is better than Saeed Anwar and Puma/Nike/ Tag Heuer etc. all line up to sponsor him, he'll be earning more overall and his job satisfaction will be much higher knowing that he performs his best every time he possibly can and its due to the good career choices he made.
IPL may give him 250k over a year, but then how much can he learn from a bunch of players who are all essentially mercenaries looking for a quick buck? These are not teams, merely money making machines. The coach will not teach him to control his aggression because that's not really what T20 and IPL is about. Since it is about making money, they will teach him to entertain the crowds by hitting more sixes.

County teams on the other hand will pick him based on the enormous potential they see in him, but they will also want to improve his temperament and shot selection since it can deliver them the championship. Tamim will be a more valuable star than Kieswater or KP to any county team any day. If he gets better, it'll be better for everyone.

At the end of the day, its his decision. Even if he goes to County, but then keeps thinking about the potential $250k he lost and doesn't try to learn, there's no point in him going in the first place. He might get a bit better from playing in English conditions, but his heart has to be in it, as well as it making good sense in his mind. Look at Shakib, I doubt he got much better from his short stint at County. He was always a great spinner but he is still struggling with the bat.

Based on my reply, I hope Tamim and management (?) realise its not a simple answer. If I were him, I'd try to approach both and take the first offer that came. If its IPL, he can still convince the good counties to play him by performing well in IPL. I don't like IPL though because they might just bench him for the entire season because not many Indians rate Bangladeshis that high up. Think he wouln't like that either.
Old September 10, 2010, 02:59 AM
Administrator

In the end - he is one of the few who has grown since he arrived on the seen. He had shortcomings and he has worked hard to overcome them. He is one of the few who has delivered for us and continue to deliver. And I respect him for his cocky arrogance - mainly because he can back it up. Shakib has the same attitude. And these two are delivering. We really could do without minina and obhimani little boys who play where men should play.