facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 25, 2008, 03:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Big Z
Nafees
Rajin
Aftab
Ashraful
Sakib
Reza
Masud
Rafique
Mashrafe
Shahadat

Old February 25, 2008, 04:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
Ya...Mashrafee is not taking wickets.....but drop him?? and again....replaced by Russell??

Russell is not a test bowler, at least in Bangladesh, as he is useless with the old ball

If Russell plays....we will be a bowler short after 15 overs.
Mashrafee is also useless with the old ball. The matter to concern is Rasel is effective with new ball while Mash is currently ineffective with old ball. Rasel always picks up wickets with new ball. So it's better to replace him by Rasel.
Old February 25, 2008, 05:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnaved
well, tamim's only problem is that he can't face yorker ball or ball the comes to the blockhole.. junayed's only problem is that he gives catch to the sleepes. Ashraful's problem is that lack of patience. Aftab's only problem is that he loose control after facing some good deleveries, and give free wicket. Sakib's only problem is that he plays too many shots when the ball is outside leg stamp.
well, they need to sort out this problem before going to 2nd test.
Old February 25, 2008, 06:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

Bashar has done nothing of note either in NZ or so far here. He should be dropped and replaced by either Rajin (who has done nothing wrong but somehow lost his place in the side) or Reza. Reza's a bit of a gamble as a rookie, but so were junaid and tamim and they've done well in the past.

I'd like to see ash or aftab take further responsibility by batting at 3 (with either reza or Rajin coming in later).

An alternative is to promote shakib up the order and bring in enamul or razzak as the extra spinner. I'd pick enamul...
Old February 25, 2008, 06:39 AM
Club Cricketer

No way we can drop Habibul, Mushfique and Mashrafee. We must retain them in the team.

We should be better off without some other non-performers. I would say drop Zunaed, Ashraful, Aftab and Razzque from 14 men squad (I wish they were not in the squad in the first place, and that way we would not have witnessed Black & Whites in mess in the domestic T20). Besides from these four also drop Rafique and Rajib and Stuff the team with Tushar Imran, Javed Omar et al.
Old February 25, 2008, 06:41 AM
Cricket Legend

So many anti Bashar suggestion might not be good enough to exclude him from the squad. Actually changing the team frequently is not in the topics of discussion in the team now. We might see Bashar bat again. Pitch is more batting friendly than the Mirpur one. A spinner will probably replace a batsman.
Old February 25, 2008, 08:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp348
We should be better off without some other non-performers. I would say drop Zunaed, Ashraful, Aftab and Razzque from 14 men squad (I wish they were not in the squad in the first place, and that way we would not have witnessed Black & Whites in mess in the domestic T20). Besides from these four also drop Rafique and Rajib and Stuff the team with Tushar Imran, Javed Omar et al.
I assume you're joking....
Old February 25, 2008, 08:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsd3
So many anti Bashar suggestion might not be good enough to exclude him from the squad. Actually changing the team frequently is not in the topics of discussion in the team now. We might see Bashar bat again. Pitch is more batting friendly than the Mirpur one. A spinner will probably replace a batsman.
That's the point. A spinner should probably replace a batsman and that batsman should be bashar. And the spinner should be either enamul or razzak...
Old February 25, 2008, 09:29 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Bechara Shakib, by the time he comes in there is no one to bat with. If Tamim is not hundred percent no point in forcing him to play. Nafees can open and score his customary 16-25 runs and go back to the pavilion. And obviously Bashar shouldn't be there, that is pretty much unanimous from the fans. And I want to personally see some more cover drives from our batsmen. I recall only three good ones in two innings.
Old February 25, 2008, 02:38 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
I would like three changes -
Farhad Reza in place of Habibul Bashar
Syed Rasel in place of Mashrafe Mortaza
KM Pilot in place of Mushfiqur Rahim
I second this changes
Since i have seen Reza bowl at constant 132KPH in NZ why not, and he bowled in the practice in a decent batting pitch. And he is pretty handy with bat, definitely can score odd 30 runs which more than bashar.
I would prefer the new lefty bolwer i think sajidul, since he needs the experience, and MASH needs a break, it's must.
Same with Mushy needs a break, any other keeper other than him will do.
Old February 25, 2008, 03:13 PM
Cricket Sage

whats the point.... they will keep the same team.

Only difference this time it will be a innings defeat.
Old February 25, 2008, 05:02 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

if they don't drop bashar now, i will all any remaining faith in the selection process. no shombhashon, no farewell match...bashar must not be seen in national colors ever again!
Old February 25, 2008, 06:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

I heard somewhere in this thread that rasel is not in the squad. If not, can't replace Mash, can we? I think Mashud has a right to say goodbye honourably, especially since he still can keep better than Mushfique. Seriously, no keeper drops that many. He missed like 3 catches and 2 stumpings in one test.That's not even a 1st class keeper.I've played against a 60 year old keeper last week who dropped nothing in 70 overs. If this is the best we got, we better forget about our chances.
Old February 25, 2008, 06:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Also, Forhad Reza needs to go in to replace Bashar. Rajin can go in place of Tamim if Tamim is not fit. If he is tho, Tamim should stay.
Old February 25, 2008, 09:05 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

I agree with most of you guys about HB and Pilot. HB did "squat didley" for the team but I have a feeling because he may retire at the end of this tour, selectors will give him this test as well. Pilot should be in for Mushy. I am not convinced about SN's form because he is still chasing wide balls, playing very squarish and is in trouble to inswingers so a good candidate for lbw against brand new or reversing ball. I think he should be replaced if there's someone better at #4. I would leave Tamim in though. He's got pride he will bounce back.
Old February 25, 2008, 09:10 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtylish cricketer
I agree with most of you guys about HB and Pilot. HB did "squat didley" for the team but I have a feeling because he may retire at the end of this tour, selectors will give him this test as well. Pilot should be in for Mushy. I am not convinced about SN's form because he is still chasing wide balls, playing very squarish and is in trouble to inswingers so a good candidate for lbw against brand new or reversing ball. I think he should be replaced if there's someone better at #4. I would leave Tamim in though. He's got pride he will bounce back.
oh wow great analysis on SN. And wonderful logic on Tamim. SO we should include only players with pride from now on and no other criteria should be required.
Old February 25, 2008, 10:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
oh wow great analysis on SN. And wonderful logic on Tamim. SO we should include only players with pride from now on and no other criteria should be required.
It's a bit unfair to question someone's logic if you yourself totally twist things around illogically to say something that I did not say. I am not sure you understand what it means to play with pride. For selection, you need to be a good cricketer and have some talent that's a given but it is the other characteristics ie how much you care about the team, your contribution to the team, etc that make players better or worse than others. Anyway, sticking to technical aspect of the game, why should Tamim be dropped? What has he done to be dropped? Did you watch the game? 1st inning's out was a fluke. Second inning he got bowled to a good ball. Happens to the best of players against new ball. SN and Bashar are both out of form players. If they don't bat, they don't nothing else. Tamim is a live wire in the field unlike fat SN and slow unathletic Bashar. Tamim can at least raise the moral of a team by doing something in the field and you can only do that if you have pride. Yes, I would definitely want to have guys with pride and because they will play better than the ones that don't have pride. Name one good player, who is good that doesn't have pride. Tamim had earned the right to play at test by performing and I think at this moment he's far superior player both in terms of talent and execution than SN and Bashar. Tamim is never going to be a player who will play with great technique. He's a gifted player in the mould of Gilchrist and Jayasuriya. So there's no point analysing technique for that guy. Playing with pride means being stubborn and doing it wtv it takes to score runs. I don't see either Bashar or SN showing that. Aftab showed that he's willing to fight it out. Even though Tamim is a strokemaker he still adapts better than SN. Bashar, SN have no longer show that. Junaid, Aftab were exaggerating their leaves focusing on single deliveries. Bashar, SN swing at air, at wide balls.
Old February 25, 2008, 11:41 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtylish cricketer
It's a bit unfair to question someone's logic if you yourself totally twist things around illogically to say something that I did not say. I am not sure you understand what it means to play with pride. For selection, you need to be a good cricketer and have some talent that's a given but it is the other characteristics ie how much you care about the team, your contribution to the team, etc that make players better or worse than others. Anyway, sticking to technical aspect of the game, why should Tamim be dropped? What has he done to be dropped? Did you watch the game? 1st inning's out was a fluke. Second inning he got bowled to a good ball. Happens to the best of players against new ball. SN and Bashar are both out of form players. If they don't bat, they don't nothing else. Tamim is a live wire in the field unlike fat SN and slow unathletic Bashar. Tamim can at least raise the moral of a team by doing something in the field and you can only do that if you have pride. Yes, I would definitely want to have guys with pride and because they will play better than the ones that don't have pride. Name one good player, who is good that doesn't have pride. Tamim had earned the right to play at test by performing and I think at this moment he's far superior player both in terms of talent and execution than SN and Bashar. Tamim is never going to be a player who will play with great technique. He's a gifted player in the mould of Gilchrist and Jayasuriya. So there's no point analysing technique for that guy. Playing with pride means being stubborn and doing it wtv it takes to score runs. I don't see either Bashar or SN showing that. Aftab showed that he's willing to fight it out. Even though Tamim is a strokemaker he still adapts better than SN. Bashar, SN have no longer show that. Junaid, Aftab were exaggerating their leaves focusing on single deliveries. Bashar, SN swing at air, at wide balls.
First of all, there was no twisting of logic done by me. Were you not the one to quote that Tamim is filled with pretentious "pride" which would lead to magical comeback? And yes I do not know what you are talking about when you were using pretext of the word "pride". Is this the World wrestling Entertainment where "pride" has got to be the sole drive in deciding the prime candidate of a champion? Because as far as I know, WWE is quite different from cricket. You have also quoted that a good candidate for selection should also "have good characteristics" such as contribution to the team. Now my question is, are we looking for a cheerleader here or a player? And it seems you know awful lot about the player's inner character to make judgments on them. Again, are we associating WWE with cricket?

Now then, you want to avoid all these and then focus on the Technical aspects. You ask me whether I watched the game or not and then say the first inning dismissal of Tamim was a fluke. My question is, do you know anything about cricket? How the fricken hell do you call that a fluke? Are we again associating cricket with WWE? I guess Steyn must have bowled an illegal delivery, or why else would our ever so talented Tamim get out in such a dismal way? I mean having a thick inside edge on a normal inswinging delivery is unimaginable. And on the second innings, Im guessing he must have had a peach of a delivery to had his stumps shattered? I mean, who in the world could defend to a ball that was on an offstump line and swinging in? SN surely couldn't have survived such deliveries, he did get out to a pad first bat lbw,which is unimaginable in cricket. Now, this is funny, after your babbling rants about fielding and craps, I mean pride, you go on to state "Tamim is never going to be a player who will play with a great technique". Weren't you the first one to discuss on the topic of techniques? And now you want to avoid it? Way to go, I guess it is crazy to talk of the great Tamim's technical faults while it is perfectly ok to point out other's flaw. So Tamim is a real gifted player with ton's of "pride" and should not be worried about his techniques whats so ever? Haven't we heard that before? You know what, lets start evaluating each player by your "pride-meter" from now on. After all, you surely know about each player's personality and character than any of us.

My message, to you is simple, keep the pretentious half @$$ "expert analysis" to yourselves. And thank god selectors wont follow on what you have to say because both SN and Bashar will be playing, whether you like it or not. As of this stage, none of the bd players are not technically improved yet for the international stage. However, I do not know about their pride factor yet, as I do not know them personally yet. But seeing as you are an expert on that field, I guess you can help out on that.
Old February 26, 2008, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal

Wrong...Boss! It's very unlikely to beat SA by innings!!
Old February 26, 2008, 02:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

With a pessimist view,, the team will remain the same to give the moral boost to the player hoping that we can repeat the Mirpur heroics. As if Smith, Kallis are Gadha BAM ( Bashar, Ashraful, Mushfique) that they will repeat their mistakes. They will come only stronger in CTG. Einsteins once said only the Iditos expects a different results by doing the same thing again and again..We keep the same team and expect that things will change. Had that been the case, Kenya wouldve been the greatest team of all.. as they have the same players for the last 10 years.

With a positive view, there will be couple of changes. The selectors might balance their act by bringing back Razzaque or Enamul and dropping an extra batsman. . If its Bashar or Tamim,, thats remained to be see but it can be Bashar as Tamim is another Jamie-baby and local boy plus Local Akram's nephew.I also think that they might give Pilot the last chance as Mushfique is really not more than the ball boy these days. It serves the purpose of letting pilot a 2.5-3 day sunbathing chance and shut up for life and allows Mushfique a break to regain his confidence a bit. Other than couple of changes, I dont think there will be any changes for the Test.
Old February 26, 2008, 03:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Until we deal with some of the more fundamental, structural issues at hand, stop-gap measures will continue to fail us. Generally speaking: -

Replacing ABC with XYZ won't do us any good as such instability delivered nothing substantial to date. Jaha bahanno, tahai tippanno ebong chuanno, ebong ponchanno ...

Rajin Saleh? Give me a break! Just look at his past 10 'performances' in tests. Dodgy footwork inside the crease, taking too much time to get his eye in and blocking full-tosses and half-volley before creating too much pressure on his team and himself is what he's all about. His only good FC performance came after the national bowlers left the NCL and he managed to score a 100 from like 250 balls. Compact technique my foot! Don't live in the past glory of a good innings or two, and share your pain with the rest of us. Some of us here in Dhaka have actually seen him bat of late and he has gotten worse. We're not interested in the 'Myth of Rajin' so soon after being blissfully relieved of the 'Myth of Golla'.

That said, it would be nice to see HaBa out of cricket, and GoBoy, Moyna and MaMu rested a bit so that they may regain some of the courage and composure we all fell in love with at one point or another. While they're resting, consistently improving players like Farhad and Rasel should be given a look instead of HaBa and MaMu. Pilot for GoBoy in tests and Dhiman in ODIs, and Razzak (in turning wicket) or Enam (in SBNS type wicket) instead of Moyna would be nice too. Except perhaps HaBa finally overcoming some of his delusions as his beloved test average continues to plummet further, I don't see that happening.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; February 26, 2008 at 08:39 AM..
Old February 26, 2008, 03:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

Just want Rajin instead of Habibul Bashar! Thats all.
I dont care about the rest for now even though I do have concerns just because this has already gone too far!
Old February 26, 2008, 04:57 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Bashar to out. no doubt. he has nothing left with him, the way he has batted..

We played only 3 bowlers.

So Razzak should b include
Old February 26, 2008, 08:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal

Right you are! From the way Siddons is talking, seems they will retain the same team which will only consist of 8 players..
Siddons is unreal!
Old February 26, 2008, 01:33 PM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

I am finding its really hard to pick 11 man out of 17 man squad. hence i put my incomplete 2nd test squad. Out of these below six players rest of them bring 0 results for test team. Doesnt it need a miracle to beat 11 man SA team with 6 man bangladeshi squad? prepare for Innings defeat in 2nd test.

Junaid Siddique
Rajin Saleh
Mohammad Ashraful
Khaled masud
Mohammad Rafique
Shahadat Hossain