facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 2, 2006, 10:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash, Nasir

notre dame no doubt..92 batch.. though i wanted to study shaheen college 'caz it was co-ed...lol. glad i didn't

Old May 3, 2006, 05:16 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Dhaka College was the best in my time. I am not sure about the present status. I have past best two years in my life in Dhaka College. I am a student of 91-92 batch.

I have attended Notredame for 24 days and then switched to Dhaka College. At NDC I was suffocating, thought I entered into a Kinder Garten after School life. Only better part was the clubs. I admit NDC is much better for goody goody boys who are not really matured enough to take decisons and their discipline is really good for parents confidence (may be I would like to send my son to NDC depending on his maturity in future).

Its about experience, if no one has ever attnded Dhaka College, he will never understand the diffrence. Classes by Abdullah Abu Sayeed, Akhteruzzaman Iliyas is something you can only dream. Freedom was absolutely there (both for good doing and wrong doing).With the best possible teachers, it was amazing. As usual, I slipped with politics in second year but the exposure I got from there is really wonderful. My result was very good and I beleive the best thing I extracted from Dhaka College is self confidence and self belief.

So, Dhaka College is the best if you can extract from it, for safety NDC should be better.
Old May 3, 2006, 11:06 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

This is unfair.. I didn't have the privilege of studying beyond class 8 in BD so I can't say which college I'd go to if I could... hmmph *walks away*
Old May 3, 2006, 12:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
.. I didn't have the privilege of studying beyond class 8
Are you saying you are class 8 dropout? What happened? Decided not to go to scool any more or they expelled you?
Old May 3, 2006, 12:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Are you saying you are class 8 dropout? What happened? Decided not to go to scool any more or they expelled you?
"অকালপক্ক" এ কারণে অর্ধচদ্র খেয়েছে।
Old May 3, 2006, 12:27 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

No I moved to England and continuing my studies here... Although I hated school in BD but I kinda regret not experiencing what college and uni life is like there.. not that I didn't enjoy it over here.. but IF I stayed in BD I'd probably go to Dhaka College (as my bro did) and then probably continue to DU or BUET.
Old May 4, 2006, 07:45 PM
Cricket Legend

কলেজ দিয়ে কি হবে? ধুয়ে কি পানি খাব?

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old May 4, 2006, 07:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco-guy
Dhaka College
hey cisco guy, why your username is like that? I mean do you work in Cisco? or studying cisco courses? Or interested in networking?

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old May 5, 2006, 05:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlockhomes
hey cisco guy, why your username is like that? I mean do you work in Cisco? or studying cisco courses? Or interested in networking?
I think when one of our Murubbi Member selected 'Oracle' as his username, cisco guy quickly selected CISCO. Surprisingly nobody have slected Microsoft. Apple. Dell, Sun yet. Looks like that craze stopped prematurely.

Then people start selecting their user name from cricket, Pagol, Chagol (any combination you can think about).

But watch out. Now that you have selected sherlockhomes, some new folks will start selecting RabindraNath, Nazrul, etc.
Old May 5, 2006, 07:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I think when one of our Murubbi Member selected 'Oracle' as his username, cisco guy quickly selected CISCO. Surprisingly nobody have slected Microsoft. Apple. Dell, Sun yet. Looks like that craze stopped prematurely.

Then people start selecting their user name from cricket, Pagol, Chagol (any combination you can think about).

But watch out. Now that you have selected sherlockhomes, some new folks will start selecting RabindraNath, Nazrul, etc.
Well if I had selected my username as Sir Arthur Conan Doyle then they could think about selecting the username as Rabindranath, Nazrul etc. I didn't select my username as debdas ):