facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 21, 2010, 04:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad
Default 'Siddons blames bowlers for drubbing'

Quote:
After being caned for 385 by Afridi and Co, Bangladesh's batsmen shut shop almost as soon as their top batsman Tamim Iqbal was dismissed in the eighth over. "It was an impossible target for us at the moment, we still lost five-six wickets getting to 245," Siddons said. "I'm not going to let anyone criticize the team for our approach. If Tamim had made 150, we could have chased 350-380, that was our plan, he went out there to be aggressive, if he had his day like Afridi, anything's possible but Imrul [Kayes] and Junaid [Siddique] had no chance of making 385 off their bat, no chance."
http://www.cricinfo.com/asia2010/con...ry/464196.html

I completely agree

WE NEED A BOWLING COACH

Old June 21, 2010, 04:34 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

"but Imrul [Kayes] and Junaid [Siddique] had no chance of making 385 off their bat, no chance."

That shows how clueless head coach he can be. I know it's realistic, but thats not why we are paying. He cant just say these kinda things!!
Old June 21, 2010, 04:35 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

He is pretty impressive in pointing fingures to everyone except himself.

Why bowlers are failing day in day out? What is his plan to rectify the problem? have you heard anything about that? Last time I have checked, he is still the head coach, not the batting coach.

He is a coach with zero input to bowling and does not believe in the ability of his batters.

Bravo!! Bangladesh cricket is in good hand.
Old June 21, 2010, 04:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

I dont blame Siddons for being clueless with the bowling, his speciality is batting, batting, batting and captaincy.

Quote:
does not believe in the ability of his batters
Oh come on, be realistic, you know with eid boy being water boy and without Tamim having a good day there was no hope to reach that target.
Old June 21, 2010, 04:49 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Like I said, he is NOT suppose to be realistic. He is the freaking coach. And that is the difference between Whatmore and JS.

And no, his job is not batting. We did not hire him as the batting coach. He is a headcoach..

Last edited by Dilscoop; June 21, 2010 at 04:55 PM..
Old June 21, 2010, 04:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Sick of Siddons' talking. Some bad words almost came out of my mouth! This terrible §$"%&/%/% never takes the share of blame. He is an all perfect $§%&/§"$& and everyone else in the team is the reason for losing the match!

Last edited by Baundule; June 21, 2010 at 04:57 PM..
Old June 21, 2010, 04:57 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

If we wanted good things for Bdesh cricket, and good things only, we should have No pro Siddons. We should all want him to be sacked...
Old June 21, 2010, 04:58 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshifan
We, south Asians are only good at blame game
I didn't know that Siddons took a South Asian passport. When and where?
Old June 21, 2010, 04:59 PM
ODI Cricketer

sorry. i deleted the post. better making no comment.
Old June 21, 2010, 05:01 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

He is just waiting for his contact to be over. He doesn't even care anymore. SACK HIM PLEASE
Old June 21, 2010, 05:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

It must be said that Siddons has created a culture of 'batting only' which has made the team suffer tremendously in terms of bowling, fielding and keeping.

Siddons from the get go tried to build a deep batting line up as the first priority ignoring if the other important needs of the team was met.
Old June 21, 2010, 05:10 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Rajin, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
"but Imrul [Kayes] and Junaid [Siddique] had no chance of making 385 off their bat, no chance."

That shows how clueless head coach he can be. I know it's realistic, but thats not why we are paying. He cant just say these kinda things!!
Totally agree. If he can so BLUNTLY say this about Junaid, he is clearly not the man to lead and nurture our team. First of all Junaid is more than able to play aggressively. And what the hell did Imrul do? That was just ridiculous, 60 off 120 balls?? If Sid thinks our batting is so inept then he should just stop coaching us because clearly he is getting paid for nothing.

I think it would have been better to go down in flames than concede defeat @ halfway point of the match. We are an international team, not some part-time recreational cricket club. This should not be the attitude of our cricket team.

And I'm telling you they are putting so much pressure on Tamim everytime, I have a bad feeling he will burn out fast. I just pray to god that doesn't happen.
Old June 21, 2010, 05:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Kayes is a shoker why he needs 24 deliveries to get off mark ?
Against india he was scoring quicker than tamim...

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old June 21, 2010, 05:38 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

"if Tamim made 150." wth! Even if Tamim made 150, the way Imrul was going at the other end, even if he made 200, we wouldn't have won. His excuses and the craps the comes out of his mouth is soo unprofessional
Old June 21, 2010, 07:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TIK47

FFS whether the players are capable of scoring those runs is not the issue, to give up before even trying is unforgiveable. Tamim was a cameo man yet he broke free from this and developed into an impressive player. Had he given up before trying then he would atill be stick there.

As a head coach to not have faith in your own players is a crime and he should be sacked.
We would have had less criticism if everyone was out for under 200 trying to chase the score.

We might as well stop playing now, our bowlers are crap and they will concede too much runs. Then our batsmen are incapable of chasing these runs so we might as well not waste publics money and time.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old June 21, 2010, 07:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Kayes was given some weird instructions,we all know Kayes is not a quick scorer but no way he is that slow,eventhough it was a good prtnrshp but Kayes is much better than that.
Old June 21, 2010, 07:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

The disappointing part was the lack of positivity from the batsman, especially Imrul kayes. I understand that your coach asked you to chase 250, but that does not mean that you have to block 20 balls to score your first run. In that respect Zunaid was much more positive, and definitely cemented his place in the side.

Obvisously I am not happy with Siddon's approach, but I understand why he set a small target for the team because we struggled to cross 200 during the last couple of innings.
Old June 21, 2010, 08:22 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I'm afraid of what will happen to TI with so much burden?
Old June 21, 2010, 08:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
The disappointing part was the lack of positivity from the batsman, especially Imrul kayes. I understand that your coach asked you to chase 250, but that does not mean that you have to block 20 balls to score your first run. In that respect Zunaid was much more positive, and definitely cemented his place in the side.

Obvisously I am not happy with Siddon's approach, but I understand why he set a small target for the team because we struggled to cross 200 during the last couple of innings.
What does this target do? Was Pakistan trying to restrict them to below 250? If Pak scored 260 would he have revised his goal for the batsmen to 225 and then claimed success?
Old June 21, 2010, 10:01 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^^ This is what he during last Asia cup too remember? He set a team total before every game, which he called it "the team target". He said '1st match we will score 185, then 2nd match 200, 3rd match 225'. We were clearly capable of score 250+ every time, but he never gave us the belief. The commies were puzzled by the coaching approach.
Old June 21, 2010, 10:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

in the 23 balls he faced before the first run mostly of shoaib ...... shoaib bowled a same lentgh and line and imrul just blocked, blocked ..... surely if he had been only 10% more intent to score a run he could shuffled and dropped it down to legside for a single or he could have opened the face and run it down to third man.

but imrul had no awareness, intention or skills to do that.

just wondering..... if imrul had rotataed the strike a bit more, at least 8 times in those 23 balls tamim may had not attempted that kind of stroke to asif.
Old June 21, 2010, 10:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop

Forget Zunaed and Imrul, even Sachin and Sehwag would've failed to lead chasing 385+ against Pak. It's a well known fact, there's nothing wrong in saying it. You're being far too cynical.
Old June 21, 2010, 10:44 PM
Cricket Legend

His blame-game antics have just gone too far. The team won't be going very far under him.
Old June 21, 2010, 10:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Changing the coach won't help one bit. I can assure you that. But as OP said a bowling coach will be real handy.
Old June 21, 2010, 11:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Did any of their players score 150? It's sickening to see that our coach doesn't have a scintilla of confidence on our players (Imrul and Junaid).

It's like your father telling you that since you shall never amount to anything might as well stick to doing chaash-baash. Gee thanks!

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles