facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 8, 2012, 09:09 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sachin
Default IPL KKR: Shakib's absence

It's absolutely mind boggling that KKR are not playing Shakib in their XI. Very stupid selection. In current form he would be the best batsman AND bowler in the team.

Old April 8, 2012, 09:25 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Freddie Flintoff

IPL selections in general are extremely biased and shows lack of planning and knowledge on the part of the coaches. Almost all the IPL teams are coached by Australian or South Africans. These coaches heavily favour players from their own state teams. For example, the Deccan Chargers' coach is Darrel Lehmann who is from South Australia. That's why they picked Daniel Harris and Daniel Christian in their starting XI.

KKR are coached by Trevor Bayliss, who is from NSW. So, we can expect Brett Lee to picked in the XI every time, even though he has been a pathetic bowler in the T20 format in the last couple of years.

If Gautam Gambhir was a more influencial and imaginative captain, thinks could've been different. But he's not, and I can't see things improving any time soon.
Old April 8, 2012, 09:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, De Villiers.

Screw it, had enough. Shakib & Tamim being benched back to back games. Why? Just cuz they're Bangladeshi. It's evident now.
Old April 8, 2012, 09:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I think team management would be forced to put Shakib in the next game with his name echoing from every corner. The problem is not Shakib, Naraine or Ten D. The problem is Kallis and McCullum. Until one or both of them are dropped this team cannot win. Kallis is too slow, McCullum is too fast and gets out too quick.
Old April 8, 2012, 09:39 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sachin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I think team management would be forced to put Shakib in the next game with his name echoing from every corner. The problem is not Shakib, Naraine or Ten D. The problem is Kallis and McCullum. Until one or both of them are dropped this team cannot win. Kallis is too slow, McCullum is too fast and gets out too quick.
not only that. They must play him in every match and not just "try" him in a few games and "see how he does". They are missing a gem of an allrounder.
Old April 8, 2012, 09:54 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

LIke someone pointed out in FB, really doesn't affect Tamim or Shakib if they are benched. They have nothing to prove. The only benefit that I see is for them to get more exposure to IPL fans and the IPL fans seeing more BD players in action.

Also, turns out Shakib's other team Worcs may lose Ajmal. They got back into the first div on the back of some solid performance from Shakib two years back. He went back last year for a good season. He did not get his contract renewed for whatever reason. Now, Worcs will struggle without the two best spinners in the world. I see a pattern of teams suffering without Shakib. If you pick him, play him or and don't drop him.
Old April 8, 2012, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

They will play him and then bench him for the rest of the season if he fails in one game. Then again, he probably won't fail.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old April 8, 2012, 11:14 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Waqar Younis

Well KKR is doing terribly without Shakib, so hopefully they will come to their senses. Given Shakib's current age, all-round class and temperament, KKR should make him vice-captain and groom him for captaincy in the future. It also doesn't hurt that he's Bengali. He will have support from all of West Bengal and Bangladesh.
Old April 8, 2012, 11:16 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

kkr's next match is against rcb..so what if shakib gets bashed by gayle? then they gonna make him sit for the rest of the season.
Old April 8, 2012, 11:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

KKR can go screw themselves. Just release Shak, I'm sure plenty of Franchisees would be interested in buying him where he would make to the playing XI regularly.
Old April 8, 2012, 11:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
"Two back-to-back defeats cannot lead to pressing panic button for us and still we have to play 14 matches. So two defeats don't matter much," he added. Asked if Bangladeshi player Sakib-ul-Hassan should have been played on this wicket, Gambhir said that he would not talk about the individual players.

"It is a team game and we select the best team according to the need of the hour and such talks are good only on the hindsight. Perhaps losing three wickets in first two overs did us in and it was a dream start for the Rajasthan."
http://cricketnext.in.com/live/news/.../64965-13.html
Old April 8, 2012, 12:33 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Guys like I told you. Start the freaking trend. #Releaseshakib. trust me. The power of twitter solved many bigger issues in the past.
Old April 8, 2012, 12:41 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

name one Dilscoop vai.
Old April 8, 2012, 12:43 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

He's talking about the Arab Spring, protests in Iran, etc etc. I'm sure there are even more examples in the less serious sports/entertainment industry
Old April 8, 2012, 12:49 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
He's talking about the Arab Spring, protests in Iran, etc etc. I'm sure there are even more examples in the less serious sports/entertainment industry
From getting Betty White to Saturday Night Live to solving serious issues in the Middle East and Africa. Twitter is the 21st century 's lazy rebel system.

If you don't have a twitter sign up and start tweeting. You don't even gave to use a real email add.
Old April 8, 2012, 01:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

^ ^^ Haha, encouraging stuff!
Old April 8, 2012, 01:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
From getting Betty White to Saturday Night Live to solving serious issues in the Middle East and Africa. Twitter is the 21st century 's lazy rebel system.

If you don't have a twitter sign up and start tweeting. You don't even gave to use a real email add.
That is if you have enough followers.

With that being said, seriously OLD MAN kALLIS did poor 2 in 2. Shakib in or no support at all!!!
Old April 8, 2012, 01:31 PM
Cricket Legend

কে কে হার, কে কে হার, কে কে হার...
Old April 8, 2012, 02:27 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

This is hysterical! My friend from NY just called saying he opened a twitter account specifically for shakib 's mess. Lol he was tweeting kkr and Srk. I told him to use that hastag. Couple of min later the account got suspended. Hahah kkr can't handle the heat. I saw the tweets while they were still available. He didn't abuse anyone or anything.

So you know its working. Everyone should start doing it.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old April 8, 2012, 03:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
This is hysterical! My friend from NY just called saying he opened a twitter account specifically for shakib 's mess. Lol he was tweeting kkr and Srk. I told him to use that hastag. Couple of min later the account got suspended. Hahah kkr can't handle the heat. I saw the tweets while they were still available. He didn't abuse anyone or anything.

So you know its working. Everyone should start doing it.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
What's the point? Let them ignore him as much as they want. It's their team, their management, their selection. As long as they are paying Shakib's dues and not making him wash the dishes, no need to start such a campaign just to get him on their team. It'll just put unnecessary pressure on Shakib. Don't want to see an epic fail in the end and them saying- Told Ya!
Old April 8, 2012, 03:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Habib habibi, I agree with you.
Old April 8, 2012, 03:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Don't want to see an epic fail in the end and them saying- Told Ya!
Thats exactly what I'm afraid of. Shakib is on top form right now and no doubt he deserves a chance to be in the playing 11. Shakib doesn't need us to fight for him, he has it all to do the talking with his performance. Some of us claiming shakib will do this or that is not going to help his cause. Because it is very much possible that shakib's form might fall apart completely when he gets picked and than we all look like bunch of whinny losers. Let shakib handle it all on his own. If he gets selected KKR will get my suppprt, if they don't than oh well its their loss.
Old April 8, 2012, 04:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

don't you guys see it is better for us if tamim and shakib doesn't play ipl? they need the rest which shakib him self said so let them have the paid vac and return to play for bd well rested
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old April 8, 2012, 05:18 PM
MLC World Series I

KKR's mess is all down to McCullum playing in the XI. His inclusion changed the whole balance and dynamism of the team.
Old April 8, 2012, 05:28 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
KKR's mess is all down to McCullum playing in the XI. His inclusion changed the whole balance and dynamism of the team.
I was thinking about that too. It's the same dude who fuzzed with our Mash.