facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 20, 2010, 06:53 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycpro96
Zunaid will get the nod in Mirpur.
I doubt he will be in place of SN. Junaid is no better really. He is inconsistent , so was SN. since SN is back he needs few matches to show whether he can improve on his consistency. JS has not thrown anybody out of the team after one match. has not happened yet.

Junaid has an avg of 22 after 12-13 test SN of 27 after 15 matches. So give SN a chance to try to play and then decide...

Old January 20, 2010, 08:33 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: JOBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah
If Ashraful can play in the team there is absolutely no reason why Nafees can't play in the team. He is coming back after a long break - obviously he is not in his best. Give him time before dropping his sorry ***. I prefer him over junaeed any day.

I am not sure about imrul though, he looks like a good batsmen (in BD standard), but I wonder if we are better off playing nayeem as an alrounder and bumping nafees to open. With nayeem we can have a solid lower order and have an additional bowling option.
what he said
Old January 21, 2010, 01:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark mage

Please dont compare a **** trash batsman like Nafees with Ash.
[edit], jus because a player didnt perform well doesnt give you the right to talk crap about them or insult them like this, people like you are same people who are stuck in the ICL era, why dont we just start opening threads like this whenever a player doesnt perform and talk about his life and his struggle! Shariar Nafees has always been scrutinised on every step in the national team, its only fair that other players get look at with the same scrutiny

Last edited by AsifTheManRahman; January 22, 2010 at 11:30 AM.. Reason: mod.warning
Old January 21, 2010, 01:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by capslock
You can't keep both both SN and Junaid, something's gotta give. He needs about 2/3 years playing in domestics and just working on his technique, it is seriously deficient.
proved it beyond doubt in 2nd innings, he doesn't belong to top level cricket ATM.
Old January 21, 2010, 02:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

the way he batted yesterday reminded me of his debut. he was similar against the english bowlers, but later on he became solid.

i think this was a new debut for him and his shakiness will go away
Old January 21, 2010, 09:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Problem is the selectors.

How can you re install a outof touch batsman straight from ICL to Test. he is no Razzak. Its not sn or any bodys fault but the selecotors. They are ruining him (if there was anything to ruin).

He should have been selected for A team or warmup matches first. then to NTL team. BD should really change this way of putting player in the deep water.

I like SN and i believe he can be much much much better than what he is showing and what some capable one eyed fans are saying in BC. but he and all other ICLr or anyother new bies should bet tested in A tour before coming to test.

But no we put player stright from ICL, U-19 and Domestic. this is stupid and need to stop. I think Zun should have been in there instead of him for this series and SN should have been a back up. this way he get to play with the best in nets and get ready for future A tours.

Some one should smack the selectors on the head for this blunder... they are doing this quite often.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old January 21, 2010, 09:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

BTW SN did one good thing for BD. Took out LAXman.lol
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old January 21, 2010, 09:55 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

Instead of SN we can take Naeem.... SN is loss to team
Old January 22, 2010, 12:54 AM
ODI Cricketer

SN the traitor should be taken out of the team. Bring back HB - the best number we had. I am not against ICLers but against the back stabber - SN, Dhiman and Kopali
Old January 22, 2010, 02:47 AM
Cricket Legend

If Nafees plays, he should bat no where near the top order. Number 6 might be the position for him. He simply cannot play the swinging ball. Pathetic. I wonder if he still has his spin-playing prowess - that could be the only reason to even keep him in the team at number 6.
Old January 22, 2010, 02:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

This is what Siddons said bout Nafees:

Source Cricinfo:

Shahriar Nafees, playing his first Test in nearly two years due to his ICL dalliance, looked shaky at No. 3 in both innings and looked uncertain outside his off stump but Siddons said that Nafees would be given another chance in the second Test in Dhaka. "He should get a chance. This is his comeback game and there was bound to be some nerves. We played him because he is a good player of spin and we felt India would play two spinners in that Test. If he had got through the initial period against pace he can go on to play a big innings. He is working hard and I must say that he did get a good ball in the first innings."
Old January 22, 2010, 03:38 PM
Cricket Guru

SN is like Ash...Ash is like SN...we have developing player...as soon these developing players can take more responsiblities and play bigger role...the non performers need to step down...
The responsible BCB can't even figure this easy thing out...
Old January 22, 2010, 04:45 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Pollard, Steyn

ash failed, so did SN..and yes this is SN's first gameback but lets calculate shall we between zunaed and Sn..

no surity of zunaed scoring runs= no surity about SN too

Zunaed has better technique and is not embarrasing> SN's POOR techniqure and is looking pathetic to every1( have u seen his hair and DHONG)

SN wouldnt Probably throw his wicket away if he suddenlt finds form> Zunaed after 25 runs..will almost surely play something up in the air, and get caught

Zunaeds a MUCh better slip fielder and can literally get sachin or sewag out with a blider> SN is fat.

so fat Zunaed seems better, but ther are other points u guys can must add.. i cnt think of any nw
Old January 22, 2010, 06:08 PM
First Class Cricketer

I hope Siddon does not give another chance to Shahriar in the 2nd Test. We really need to win or draw this match.
Old January 22, 2010, 10:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Sn looked shaky and was very nervous. he shud have played at least one ODI to get rid of his jitters before playing test. But now that he played a test (even tho it was pretty bad), he shud get another chance and i am glad to hear JS comment.

As for our selector mama, i think he's very clever bringing SN like this. I think he's taking revenge of what SN said before going to the ICL. Bagh mama does look like Telegu movie "bodmash" anyway. Just need a lungi and ram da on his hand
Old January 23, 2010, 02:04 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark mage
Because Ashraful has 4 test centuries to his name and an awesome 153* against IND. Has no weakness other than his mentality and poor shot selection and has shown on his day, every bowler is a street bowler. Does this answer your question?

Sharier Nafees on the other hand will always get squared up, be it a good or bad day, will only score hunfreds against opponents like Zim, or in DPL but against quality bowling, he looks like a fish out of water. Nafess only scored against big teams when e gets "life" and when the big teams didnt know about his weakness. He never looks settled in the wicket against the new ball

Ash has scored and shown what he has against quality bowlers, the only frustration with him is, he isnt consistent. Please dont compare a **** trash batsman like Nafees with Ash. Please note I am not a big fan of Ashraful either but seriously, Ash is a much better and proven batsman than Nafees. Nafees always gets out in a similar fashion time and time again.
I agree with you 100%
Old January 23, 2010, 02:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahela Jayawardene

I think Shariar Nafees is just trying to prove a point that he deserves to be in the team...and being careless....I do not see him getting to a very big score in the test match!!
Old January 23, 2010, 06:13 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

SN out from 2nd test!! Zunaed Siddique in!! - source: ntv and deshtv
Old January 23, 2010, 07:24 AM
Banned

Shariar Al Mofees doesnt have the right attitude or skills for international level. His last performance was like giving catch practise to the Indian fielders.

He is a bottom less basket.

I think its time to say good bye and good ridance.

Aftab or Kapali should have been given the chance from the Dhoka Warrior team. Even though I am not a big fan of Junaeed Siddiqui, but I personally think he is at Test level a better player than Shariar Al Mofees.

Shariar Al Mofees reminds me of Opi who was an opening batsman. Always chasing the wide balls and giving catch practise to the slips.
Old January 23, 2010, 07:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

So happy that Junaid is back in the team. I felt sorry that he was dropped. Now, I hope that Aftab gets picked in NZ squad for the ODIs.
Old January 23, 2010, 11:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
SN out from 2nd test!! Zunaed Siddique in!! - source: ntv and deshtv
Very good news. Indeed!!!
Old January 23, 2010, 11:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

good move.
Old January 23, 2010, 12:06 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

SN got no sense of responsibility & he is a dhoka baj.
Old January 23, 2010, 12:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

doesnt matter to me, they both are just pure crap..

They should have bought another bowler in like raj to bat as a one down.. Atleast he wud do better than SN or junaid
Old January 26, 2010, 07:05 AM
ODI Cricketer

Junaeed just proved and showed to Sharier Nafees how to hang in there in the wicket if you are out of form. Dont give your wicket away. Junaeed just proved it played 100+ deliveries to get 50. Well played Junaeed, as it showed he just has better technique and the will to not give his wicket away than Nafees who has poor technique and doesnt value his wicket. Junaeed doesnt look embarrassin even when he is out of form, even if he hasnt played a single ODI like Nafees and even if he hasnt scored tons of runs in th elocal league against stupid bowling, Junaeed comes thorugh against quality bowlers simply because he the technique and application to survive in this level unlike Nafees