facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 7, 2012, 09:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

freaken news is funny... watching CNN... this idiot thinks market is down because of Obama win.

future is down only 100 points.. haha....freaken idiots...anybody could be on tv these days. I have been waiting in the sideline to back up my truck... when will it go down to 12500? or below 13000 crack that line ppl...

Old November 7, 2012, 10:43 AM
Cricket Legend

ppl buying at 13K, needs to crack by the end of today.. followed by a down day tomorrow and we in a short bear market...... come on Obama, you can do it!!! I am itching... almost jumped in!!
Old November 7, 2012, 10:59 AM
Cricket Legend

That didn't take long. Cracked 13K like a coconut wala.... Ladies and gentle, hold on to your lungis... we may officially be getting into a bear market... .
Old November 15, 2012, 12:55 PM
Cricket Legend

so it took just a week to reach my goal of 12500, now I have no idea what to do? dukhmu naki, or should i ride it out till they drag this whole "fliscal cliff" till the end of the year?

I mean, with some certainty news, market gonna react very violently, up or down. it's a gamble, news can come anytime....'

And I think a lot of this selling is from profit locking to avoid impending raising of taxes on capital gain and dividends. Which mean, market should start to rise towards the end of the year as people who sold would start to come back in again. I mean, where else are people gonna keep their money?

I think market is oversold.
Old November 15, 2012, 09:02 PM
Cricket Savant

how much does the bangledeshi superstar ananta jalil burn/earn...i am pretty sure he gets as much as doc and nasif da combined
Old November 16, 2012, 06:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb

I think market is oversold.
today was a good day to get back in, when dow went briefly below 12500, I screwed up.. it's the freaken game last night, couldn't wake up on time. I think this is the reversal. I love it when market reacts exactly like that way I want.... but I screwed up big time. I hope I get a chance to get back in on Monday and it doesn't rally too sharply.

I mean they gonna avoid the cliff for sure, it wasn't the cliff, rather the lock in profit for the year that caused sharp down fall of market. Market would reverse for sure, the question is when, the timing.

This is why discipline is so important. from 12500 to 13500, a 1000 point dow rally awaits us.
Old November 19, 2012, 10:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Market is violently positive today. I am so upset, bd game just cost me a $+4k trade. This is the type of thing I live for and wait for, I SCREWED UP.
Old November 19, 2012, 03:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Come on guys, anybody made money friday and today? any active trader here?. You have to unless u are n f2934723 lazy like me watching cricket the thursday night to friday morning . I am so mad, I did enter market today but too late in the game..... Missed out on BIG trades, would have probably sold today if any.... as;ldhf; asdlhf asdlhf. Highlight of my vacation and patience RUINED!!!

How can you not make money when market behaved exactly to the point that you wanted.. shame shame on me. a'sdjfa'dsjf
Old November 19, 2012, 03:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Come on guys, anybody made money friday and today? any active trader here?. You have to unless u are n f2934723 lazy like me watching cricket the thursday night to friday morning . I am so mad, I did enter market today but too late in the game..... Missed out on BIG trades, would have probably sold today if any.... as;ldhf; asdlhf asdlhf. Highlight of my vacation and patience RUINED!!!

How can you not make money when market behaved exactly to the point that you wanted.. shame shame on me. a'sdjfa'dsjf
i bought a pair of crisis share....paid off pretty well

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old November 19, 2012, 03:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
i bought a pair of crisis share....paid off pretty well
Stop dude. Talking to you on market trades isn't really much of an interest to me. Dude I just missed on >10 pc in 2 days trade. This is a SIN. People don't make that return in a year. What's your bank giving you .2 pc in a year with 3 pc inflation rate giving you negative return? There, perspective ok.
Old November 19, 2012, 07:20 PM
Cricket Sage

iDumb buy some gun stock man. With Obama/democrats in office, gun loving Americans will be worried about tighter gun control laws in the near future. I'm thinking about getting into Ruger, it's up around 45% since last year.

I have some money invested on Green Mountain right now. I was going to get into it much earlier, but decided to wait out and see what happens after their K cup patent run out. I finally bought into it last month. I read somewhere they are about to release a new espresso machine in addition to their keurig machine. Let's see what happens.
Old November 19, 2012, 08:19 PM
Cricket Savant

Sorry Orpheus. I will not post here anymore. Jau you win.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old November 19, 2012, 09:47 PM
Cricket Legend

ajfar, I just looked at both your stocks. They look good. I don't know when u got into green mountain but today's activity shows there was money to be had. Maybe it will be a turn around story. I know with Obama's win gun stocks went up, but more than that, the appealing part of you ruger stocks is their dividend pay out. It's great. I usually don't like small companies (ie <1 billion for this case), giving out dividends as small companies should focus on growth unless u are apple, then you do both. But yeah not a bad idea.

My mistake was so dumb. I could have traded the safest stock on planet, apple, last couple of days because I KNEW the reason for the decline and reversal would be eventual and fundamentally it was screaming buy but you always want that a "bit lower" price. It was a short gift with apple going down to 500. The other trade is a highly risky one which i have been doing past year and a half, trading FAS. It fits my criteria well.

It's hard to invest otherwise, at least for me. Researching and choosing the right stock. Lots of time needed, which i don't have. So sometimes i prefer the easy route, like parking money in index etf like spy or dia. But they are too safe play.. idea is to beat the market. I mean just couple of trades last week and today would have yielded more than spy can over a year. But then one wrong move you are screwed.

My goal is to accumulate a decent sum of money, just buy index etf and forget about them ( i have to figure out their fees, i haven't looked it at yet), and keep a decent cash amount on the side - always waiting for market to give me opportunities for short trades when I get the time.

or you guys can research for me and try to come up with the next apple on this thread. :p
Old November 20, 2012, 05:34 AM
Banned

Can someone please help me to identify Three Strategic Business Unit for Facebook PLC?
Old November 20, 2012, 05:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalT
Can someone please help me to identify Three Strategic Business Unit for Facebook PLC?
Homework?
Old November 20, 2012, 05:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Homework?
its part of my business report, final year student, university. The report is on facebook plc. I thought this thread will be very useful.
Old November 20, 2012, 06:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:
its part of my business report, final year student, university. The report is on facebook plc. I thought this thread will be very useful.
My recommendation is do your own work. Ask for advice or clarification but do the REAL work yourself.

So you tell us what do you think are the major strategic units of the PLC and what do you think are the important ones. We may comment and you can use the feedback then. Not before.

PS: Just read their SEC filing prior to their going public (IPO).
Old November 20, 2012, 06:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
My recommendation is do your own work. Ask for advice or clarification but do the REAL work yourself.

So you tell us what do you think are the major strategic units of the PLC and what do you think are the important ones. We may comment and you can use the feedback then. Not before.

PS: Just read their SEC filing prior to their going public (IPO).
thank you, I understood your point, its was part of my research and the work I will do is by myself with academic articles. I was merely saying to get ideas and opinions. I have managed to find few Strategic business unit such as advertising, payment and charges and unable to find the third one. just asking for opinions and what people might think the SBUs are of face. thanks
Old November 20, 2012, 11:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
thank you, I understood your point, its was part of my research and the work I will do is by myself with academic articles. I was merely saying to get ideas and opinions. I have managed to find few Strategic business unit such as advertising, payment and charges and unable to find the third one. just asking for opinions and what people might think the SBUs are of face. thanks
Given FB is currently a public company, there should be plenty of financial reports available, ie from thrompson reuteurs etc. Your uni should have access to that.

I don't know what strategic business unit fb has.... advertising & payment charges seems the obvious ones.. you can venture into looking at their attempt to monetizing mobile sector that has been their enigma, maybe that's a separate sbu.

Good luck and happy researching.

here is a fb news today: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/rememb...3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

Ajfar your stocks are doing well. you always have good timing/or lucky for some reason
Old November 20, 2012, 11:14 AM
Banned

@Idumb thanks bro, have already done research on common websites like Yahoo Finance, Reuter, Google finance, etc. but thanks for writing back.
Old November 20, 2012, 11:20 AM
Cricket Legend

maybe there is no third one then

I didn't mean you looking at public sites.. there are paid reports, free for unis, that should have good summarized info. You know the reports where they recommend if a stock is a buy, hold or sell.. Those reports have everything....they pretty much lay out how and what percentage of money comes from where.

I don't work for fb, to answer you, i would have to look it up as well....
Old November 20, 2012, 11:25 AM
Banned

Quote:

I didn't mean you looking at public sites.. there are paid reports, free for unis, that should have good summarized info. You know the reports where they recommend if a stock is a buy, hold or sell.. Those reports have everything....they pretty much lay out how and what percentage of money comes from where.

there are few, and the teacher hinted it is something to do with social platform.
Old November 20, 2012, 11:26 AM
Banned

Quote:

Very expensive, I need a bloomberg terminal for that, 1500$ per month

but thanks for the info.
Old November 20, 2012, 11:41 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Any suggestions about which trading site is good? I looked into E-Trade and ScottTrade and saw both of them have high fees for each transactions (buying/selling). I want to enter into the market but my initial investment is low and whatever profit I am expecting will be lost due to this transaction fees. I might end up in the negative.
Old November 20, 2012, 11:59 AM
Cricket Sage

I use Zecco $4.95 per trade, it's pretty good.

Green Mountain opened 10% this morning!! They are suppose to be reporting their earning next week, hopefully this continues up till next week.

And Ruger just announced a special $4.50 dividend per share, that's almost 10%. That's huge.