facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 13, 2014, 12:32 PM
Cricket Savant

Default I tell myself, 'why can't I do it?' -Imrul Kayes (scorer of a domestic double century)

alternate title: shey jodi korte pare tahole ami korte pari na kano

Quote:
Bangladesh Cricket League final, Dhaka 3rd day

Kayes double ton puts South Zone on top

Mohammad Isam
May 11, 2014

Imrul Kayes put South Zone in a commanding position after scoring his maiden first-class double-century © BCB
Enlarge
Related Links
Players/Officials: Imrul Kayes | Mithun Ali
Matches: North Zone (Bangladesh) v South Zone (Bangladesh) at Dhaka
Series/Tournaments: Bangladesh Cricket League | Bangladesh Domestic Season
Teams: Bangladesh

South Zone's Imrul Kayes lit up a dull day in Mirpur with his maiden double-hundred in first-class cricket. His 204 pushed North Zone virtually out of the contest on the third day of the BCL final.
South's lead has now swelled to 446 runs, and they are in position to dictate terms, with seven wickets and two days remaining. They batted out the entire third day, making 410-3 with Imrul's double and Mithun Ali's eighth first-class hundred.
Early morning rain delayed the start of play by 45 minutes, but it hardly deterred the South Zone openers. Anamul Haque fell after adding 57 for the first wicket, followed by an 80-run second wicket stand between Imrul and Soumya Sarkar, who made 41. The latter was needlessly run out in the 38th over, after Imrul called for a single and Soumya hesitated before he was caught well short of the crease at the striker's end.
Imrul batted with less patience than Mithun, who hardly put a foot wrong. The pair had to constantly tackle the in-form Taijul Islam and Sanjamul Islam, both left-arm spinners bowling in tandem in the afternoon session. Imrul smashed nine sixes and 20 fours in his stay at the crease, lasting one minute short of six hours, while Mithun struck 13 fours and five sixes in his unbeaten 111.
The 254-run stand between Imrul and Mithun hardly had a glitch, except for Imrul popping half-chances close to short-leg, cover and long-on. The last of those didn't make North Zone captain Nasir Hossain happy and he expressed himself quite loudly, with Imrul batting in the 190s at that point.
Soon, Mithun reached his hundred with a cover-driven four and Imrul tucked the ball around the corner to reach his first double-hundred. His previous best score was 138. Imrul said he always had a dream to reach the milestone, and that his team's dominance on the third day had taken them to a great position.
"I am feeling really good," Imrul told the media. "I had a target to score a double century for a while now. Actually, not being able to score a double-century in the current scenario, being a top order batsman, one isn't able to get that acceptance so this was required. When another batsman scores a double hundred, it feels bad. I tell myself, 'why can't I do it?'
"The match is completely in our hands. If we can bat for two sessions tomorrow we will give them the bat. We know that if we draw we will win the game."
http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/743765.html

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old May 13, 2014, 12:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
When another batsman scores a double hundred, it feels bad
payesh j hingshute hobe tato'h ami jahn[taam]

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 13, 2014, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
payesh j hingshute hobe tato'h ami jahn[taam]
Imrul was rather disappointed at him than the batter scoring a double! He is a much better person than many other cricketers as far I know.

Thank for sharing the article Zeeshan
Old May 14, 2014, 02:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Besides being a talented cricket Imrul is also a philosopher
Old May 14, 2014, 05:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I like Kaedge because he is very dedicated & unlike many other batsman we have he doesn't throw it away.
His strike rate will be an issue in ODIs but he is consistent & capable of giving us a solid start.