facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 23, 2010, 04:00 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

To: Pro & Anti JS groups.
Subject: blank

Dear BC-Members,
It's bad enough our team is all divided into 11 groups. Lets not do this to ourselves. This is what's going on for past 48 hrs. Pro sides are saying, JS is good, he did many good things to our players. He improved our batsmen many ways. Yes, JS has. But he has done things individually. He is missing the unity thing. And Antis are saying, JS is a bad coach, because he is negative, and he has failed to motivate the team and gel them together. So basically both group is saying the same thing, but in different ways. Both side wants only good things for our cricket. Both side wants us to win some matches. I don't why this argument is going on for last 2-3 days. There are like 7-8 JS threads. And can't even remember where was I having discussion last time.

So to end this thing, we just need to get a head coach, and keep JS as a batting coach. Because as the Pros said JS made our batsman more responsible, and clearly he did. Never thought our players could avg 30-40 (excluding that fool). So we keep him. And clearly he has failed to work as a head coach. Even he himself said he isnt a head coach, he is the batting coach. He is very negative, he can't really motivate the team. That's why we aren't winning. And you can't win as a team, unless you are all spirited and motivated. (Eg. Shahadat 5fw against Indian, Tamim against Boycott, Bangladesh in WC07). So we need to find someone who can do that. We need to find a bowling head coach. That way he can work to gel and motivate the team together, and work on our bowling. Because our bowling unit is ****. We all can agree on that.

So who can be that 'perfect man'? I really can't think of any one. I am familiar with the cricket coaches. You guys pick. Don't pick someone who won't come to Bangladesh. (eg Warne, McGrath, Wasim Akram)

Where Am I:

< --------ANTI JS------------------▼--[]----------------PRO JS---------->

I was in the middle but after last match, I can;t have him as the head coach. The soon BCB realizes the better for our cricket.

Old June 23, 2010, 04:04 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
As HEAD COACH, deficiency in bowling is also his fault.
WRONG!

You cant blame him for bowling mess up. He is a head coach, I get it, but he has no idea hand on bowling.

Gary Kirsten - India's head coach, top class batsmen. Indian bowling is ****. No 1 is blaming Gary for that. What's he suppose to do? He can't help that. They have a bowling coach. And blame goes there. (even then you can't blame the bowling coach. Both India and Bdesh have bad road, flat pitches around the country. Who would have the courage to become a bowler? They really need to fix the pitches.)
Old June 23, 2010, 04:39 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TIK47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
WRONG!

You cant blame him for bowling mess up. He is a head coach, I get it, but he has no idea hand on bowling.

Gary Kirsten - India's head coach, top class batsmen. Indian bowling is ****. No 1 is blaming Gary for that. What's he suppose to do? He can't help that. They have a bowling coach. And blame goes there. (even then you can't blame the bowling coach. Both India and Bdesh have bad road, flat pitches around the country. Who would have the courage to become a bowler? They really need to fix the pitches.)
You are right he can not improve their bowling since he does not know how but he can show them some support by not slagging them off in public and by putting some strategies in place so that the whole team supports them to allow them to get success (i.e wickets). It is quite evident that JS wants his batsmen to get 50s and 100s but what about the bowlers. It seems like they have very little support apart from opposition batsmen in getting their wickets.
BCB also dont seem to give a tosh since they dont hire a bowling coach.

Our bowlers are completely demoralised and deflated and a percentage of the fault also lie with JS.
Old June 23, 2010, 05:14 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^^ That's exactly why we need to get a head coach. That's why JS is not good enough. That's why post #51. Idk why Pro JS don't get it. JS is just dividing the team into many groups, instead of bringing them together!
Old June 23, 2010, 05:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Quote:
WRONG!

how long do u think Kirsten will last if IND doesn't deliver, whether it's bowling or batting that causes it?

I doubt indian fans will look at all the centuries and forget the W-L record.

I don't blame JS for the bowlers technique but I do blame him for creating an environment where they are not praised but insulted at the first chance he gets

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old June 23, 2010, 05:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
^ to add to that, just think about WC07. Why do you think we did so well? Who actually thought that we could go through to Super 8, over SL or IND? Any neutral cricket fans wouldn't have thought of this. Chances were very little, odds were very low. But we did it. And then we did great in Super 8 as well. Why do you think we did all those things? It was the approach and mentality set by the coach in the dressing room. Siddons dont have a clue about that. And that coach was known for that. That's how he changed the SL cricket.

Just look at Zims now. If we play them now, we will clearly lose a series to them, because they are really high in self belief, and we aren't. Sports is all about spirit, pride, approach, body language. Just watch any sports movies and take a look at the coaches. 'Hoosiers' will be a great example.

"batting coach, batting coach" #$@! that! Just go home! He had no idea about our cricket when he 1st came, and he still doesn't after 4 years.
Exactly my thought! Drop this "Excuse Coach" and get a "real head coach" ASAP.
I am worried without some instant WIN we are all set to lose our status.

JS did more harm than any other coaches before by telling ther world media that we cant compete at this level. Dav never ever did that, and you cant do that, no matter what. You are THE coach...you get paid to make the team compete...you are NOT a team performance analyst. You want to talk rubbish, become a talk show host or journalist.
Old June 23, 2010, 05:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody
Yes it is his fault. He destroyed the bowling alone. Rasel were dropped each time he has a bad game or two after coming from injury. He did nothing to keep Rafiq. When each and everyone in BC understand Mash is not a death over bowler he continued with it. These three has nothing to do with the SL guy. And I fail to find any strategy in bowling opposition. It is coach job to devise strategy and man in the green job is to implement. I fail to saw anything there

Great post! If the bowling sucks, if you need help, go make it a point to BCB that we need a bowling coach, right now. Go hire one from Aussies. Do soemthing for GODs sake!

What did he do? Nothing. What does he do for team and bowling startegy? Nothing. He has absolutely no gameplan for his captain. It is the THE coach who is suppose to devise the strategy for the game, known as "gameplan". Since there is no such plan, we see unthinkable bowling change, fielding setups and clueless act by the captain in the field. If you listen to the commentators during the games, you know what I mean...

This what happens when you have no brain behind the curtain. Everthing sufferes, everybody suffers.
Old June 23, 2010, 06:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Just need a really good bowling coach, with great innovative game plans.
Old June 23, 2010, 06:39 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
how long do u think Kirsten will last if IND doesn't deliver, whether it's bowling or batting that causes it?

I doubt indian fans will look at all the centuries and forget the W-L record.

I don't blame JS for the bowlers technique but I do blame him for creating an environment where they are not praised but insulted at the first chance he gets

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Kirsten lasted for 3 years now. No 1 blamed him for bowling. And no one will. And also he did not criticize and insult the bowlers in front of press like JS. India's last coach MESSED up their team. That coach ruined a good bowler like Irfan Pathan, by making him into a bowling ALL-ROUNDER, making him open the batting and what not. He spread the team all over the place. There were so many groups in the team. Kirsten came and made them one unit, made them united as ever. And now even though India has 3 different teams (ODI, TEST, T20) they are still one unit. Something that our 'head-coach' JS failed to do...
Old June 23, 2010, 06:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

siddons is head coach, everything is his problem, of course he can only do as much as the BCB are willing to do, he's said we need a good bowling coach before hasn't he? maybe he has already gone to them and said he wants/needs a bowling coach but they haven't done anything about it.
Old June 24, 2010, 06:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
with all the hot air he blows at the press conferences, it could very well be.

As HEAD COACH, deficiency in bowling is also his fault.

i forgot to mention France's exit was also siddons' fault. deficiency in player brain cells are also his problem.
Old June 24, 2010, 06:57 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

JS was always always reluctant to take a bowling coach. He loves to preverve problems, egulo e to bipode oor kaje lage.
Old June 24, 2010, 07:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by unda_bhai
i forgot to mention France's exit was also siddons' fault. deficiency in player brain cells are also his problem.
You are brilliant...
Old June 24, 2010, 10:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Quote:
France's coach was not smart enough to have bull excuses like Siddons' ready and his poor performance got him the axe. He also wasn't lucky enough to have blind apologists following and protecting him like Siddons seems to have.

For a country like France to not make it out of the 1st round and to barely qualify for the WC does deserve an axing of the coach. AS DOES a 0-23 record in 6 months for Bangladesh with the team being instructed to do so.
Old June 24, 2010, 10:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Old June 24, 2010, 10:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

If all you fans try to analyse what really went wrong, then Mash should carry a lot of blame for allowing Pakistan to make 385runs, most senior bowler, leaked runs and dropping that catch from Afridi, also Sakib was not serious enough to realize what was happening, his field placement was really defensive, Pakistan stole many runs, ones and twos. I dont think that he is smart on the field, seems to have no idea of captaincy, I never saw Mash advise any of the bowlers as to how to correct their line and length. Poor Shafiul tried hard, but he is so young and inexperienced.
I will also give 50% of the blame to Sakib for very poor captaincy.
Old June 24, 2010, 11:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

385 was a record in the ground. Mashrafe was horrendous to start with. I don't see any problem blaming the bowlers. I would like to add fielding with it. The drop by Mash of Afridi at 32 was costly. Raz and Mash fielded like para cricketers.
Old June 24, 2010, 11:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
now u can add italy .... soon amy be spain, germany, england
Old June 25, 2010, 12:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
now u can add italy .... soon amy be spain, germany, england
yah i was going to add.