facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 18, 2012, 08:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Default Tired of beggars (rant thread)

i dont know if is is happening to everyone one or not in your place but i am tired of all the freaken beggars on the street trying to connect with me and then once rejected gets very defensive/verge of violent.

these occurances are happening almost daily....by diff ppl. some examples.

1. a young man and a woman, both are european white, college student looks...wearing decent hip clohes...women calls me, hi, i smile, the guy comes forward immediately

"we are hungry give us some money to buy bagels"
"no sorry"
"why not"?
"because i dont want to".
walk away......the cursing starts .. fades as i walk a way.

2. An african guy with tupi on,
"assalamualaikum brother, how are you?"
"hi"
walking away...
"mother f$()()$; .. on and on and on"

3. this guy in bike.... going opposite of me
"do u know where this address is"
"no i dont"
"do u have time"
"yes this is the time and i have go go i am sorry" now starts following me
ok for the first time i am a little concerned, i go to a nearest super market, spend 5 minutes buying crap, then abou to go out the door, this mofo is standing....unbelievable!!!!

4. my favorite and the biggest mistake...

a bangali
- " assalamualikum bangali?"
i smile
"ji"
"baari koi"
"chittagong"
"ami ek mash hoiche america aschi, kaaj pai na"
"oh accha, paper e khujen, dokan e giye jiggesh koren kaaj ache naki"
"amar shorir kharap"
"oh"
now i usually walk really fast this guy is slowing me down but i am being very patient.....
"amar dudh aar dim kinte hobe, taka nai"
"amar kaache apnar dudh aar dim kinar jonno eto taka nai"
"ek dui taka den"
ok given this is is bangali i figured what thell lemme just give him a dollar... takes money without saying even a thank you. moves out of sight very fast....to most likely another person.... never felt so guilty/bad giving money to panhandlers....

to the bengali guy if u reading this, eff you! nxt time say thank you. i dont have obligation to give anything to you...show some appreciation for "random" act of kindness.

Old April 18, 2012, 08:40 PM
Cricket Savant

How are YOU different from a beggar?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old April 18, 2012, 08:46 PM
Cricket Legend

I have shame. I work hard. And I don't curse and become abusive when I don't get things that I don't have the rights to. I am polite and appreciate immensely if someone does something for me without receiving anything in return. That's how I am different. Principals.
Old April 18, 2012, 08:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
I have shame. I work hard. And I don't curse and become abusive when I don't get things that I don't have the rights to. I am polite and appreciate immensely if someone does something for me without receiving anything in return. That's how I am different. Principals.
You are also an idiot. At least beggars are smart enough to earn their living just by asking, whereas thickhead like you have to "work hard".

We are all beggars. It's not as if millionaires came out of their womb driving a frikkin Mercedes. Either they inherited it or they received it in return for something. At any rate, humans are all dependent on others, just like you may be a slave to your boss or the owner of your apartment. But I digress....my point was that you are an idiot.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old April 18, 2012, 08:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Ranting and Tirading
tai na Zunaid Bhai
Old April 18, 2012, 09:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

All iDumb wants to say is beggars should be more polite. I think thats the point he is trying to put across. True that we are no different from anyone else.
Old April 18, 2012, 09:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
You are also an idiot. At least beggars are smart enough to earn their living just by asking, whereas thickhead like you have to "work hard".
Zeeshan, I am not surprised by your response. You see no problem taking governments money (u know the money that I owed to the state this year after filing my tax - goes to you unfortunately) and then you come here instead of saying "oh thank you, your highness" you accuse me of being dumb for working hard to make money and you are smart because you just ask for it, begged for it and I have the obligation to give it to you.

why don't you instead say "thank you".
Old April 18, 2012, 09:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
All iDumb wants to say is beggars should be more polite. I think thats the point he is trying to put across. True that we are no different from anyone else.
thank you. People asking for favors should be more polite. I feel I like I am being mugged everyday - not with weapons but with words. This is a crime.
Old April 18, 2012, 10:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
+1

Well said iDumb bhai.

I was moron enough to lend one of my so called friend $1600. He needed to pay for his ticket to BD. At the time he was all thankfull and what not. 2 months later he comes back from BD I don't hear from him anymore. When he went to BD I gave him some things to drop off to one of my aunt for my mom. I don't know about other people but if someone lend me $1600 when I really needed it and than asked me to do something for them I would make sure no matter what I don't let them down. This jack a** didn't even deliver it to the right place, tells me he is too busy after going to BD. Now he is back from BD 4 month goes by he is MIA. He has enough time to update facebook status but not enough time to retuen my messages. Meanwhile I need money to pay for my own ticket to BD. I had to literally hunt him down to pay me back portion of the money and he has the guts to show me attitude. He replys to my messages saying morning sir I was busy. Finally after 7 longs months he decided to pay me back. The truth is even upto this day even if he didn't pay me back I would have managed somehow. Had he stayed in touch with me and told me what was going on I would have managed. But its the principle the killed me. Someone tries to help you out and in return you act like a complete jack a**. When I lend him the money I was staying at NY for my internship. I send him txts saying I'm at NY lets hangout, I told him to call me no reply. But 2 weeks latwr txts me and comes up with the most abusurd lie and tells me he has to go to BD and he needs money. As soon as I said ok I'll give you the money. 2 min later boom I get a phone call from him.

There now I'm done with my rant.

Sorry I went all off topic.
Old April 19, 2012, 02:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
+1

Well said iDumb bhai.

I was moron enough to lend one of my so called friend $1600. He needed to pay for his ticket to BD. At the time he was all thankfull and what not. 2 months later he comes back from BD I don't hear from him anymore. When he went to BD I gave him some things to drop off to one of my aunt for my mom. I don't know about other people but if someone lend me $1600 when I really needed it and than asked me to do something for them I would make sure no matter what I don't let them down. This jack a** didn't even deliver it to the right place, tells me he is too busy after going to BD. Now he is back from BD 4 month goes by he is MIA. He has enough time to update facebook status but not enough time to retuen my messages. Meanwhile I need money to pay for my own ticket to BD. I had to literally hunt him down to pay me back portion of the money and he has the guts to show me attitude. He replys to my messages saying morning sir I was busy. Finally after 7 longs months he decided to pay me back. The truth is even upto this day even if he didn't pay me back I would have managed somehow. Had he stayed in touch with me and told me what was going on I would have managed. But its the principle the killed me. Someone tries to help you out and in return you act like a complete jack a**. When I lend him the money I was staying at NY for my internship. I send him txts saying I'm at NY lets hangout, I told him to call me no reply. But 2 weeks latwr txts me and comes up with the most abusurd lie and tells me he has to go to BD and he needs money. As soon as I said ok I'll give you the money. 2 min later boom I get a phone call from him.

^ i feel you man. You do something nice and generous for someone and the dont return anything in favour. Wow lending $1600 is not a joke.

I had a similar encounter. On the way back from Bangladesh friends of ours told us to bring a parcel for them. It was about 6kg maybe. And when we get to the airport we found out that our baggage is overweight BY 5KG.

And then the airlines said to take this extra 5kg we have to pay $200 more. WE WERE LIKE WTF. So we did our friends a favour and paid $200 more just for their parcel.

When our friends went to Bangladesh we asked them can you give this parcel to our cousins and they said no. They were making up bull**** about they dont have space in their luggage and the parcel was only about 2kg.

Some people are not grateful at times. It really bugged us because we paid $200 extra for them and in return they didnt give us sh*t.
Old April 19, 2012, 04:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
+1

Well said iDumb bhai.

something similar happened to me too, unfortunately he was friend too. For those types of people, now i can hardly trust anyone when it comes to money matter.
Old April 19, 2012, 07:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
i dont know if is is happening to everyone one or not in your place but i am tired of all the freaken beggars on the street trying to connect with me and then once rejected gets very defensive/verge of violent.

these occurances are happening almost daily....by diff ppl. some examples.

1. a young man and a woman, both are european white, college student looks...wearing decent hip clohes...women calls me, hi, i smile, the guy comes forward immediately

"we are hungry give us some money to buy bagels"
"no sorry"
"why not"?
"because i dont want to".
walk away......the cursing starts .. fades as i walk a way.

2. An african guy with tupi on,
"assalamualaikum brother, how are you?"
"hi"
walking away...
"mother f$()()$; .. on and on and on"

3. this guy in bike.... going opposite of me
"do u know where this address is"
"no i dont"
"do u have time"
"yes this is the time and i have go go i am sorry" now starts following me
ok for the first time i am a little concerned, i go to a nearest super market, spend 5 minutes buying crap, then abou to go out the door, this mofo is standing....unbelievable!!!!

4. my favorite and the biggest mistake...

a bangali
- " assalamualikum bangali?"
i smile
"ji"
"baari koi"
"chittagong"
"ami ek mash hoiche america aschi, kaaj pai na"
"oh accha, paper e khujen, dokan e giye jiggesh koren kaaj ache naki"
"amar shorir kharap"
"oh"
now i usually walk really fast this guy is slowing me down but i am being very patient.....
"amar dudh aar dim kinte hobe, taka nai"
"amar kaache apnar dudh aar dim kinar jonno eto taka nai"
"ek dui taka den"
ok given this is is bangali i figured what thell lemme just give him a dollar... takes money without saying even a thank you. moves out of sight very fast....to most likely another person.... never felt so guilty/bad giving money to panhandlers....

to the bengali guy if u reading this, eff you! nxt time say thank you. i dont have obligation to give anything to you...show some appreciation for "random" act of kindness.
Son, this is comedy gold! Loved it, should perform it in Carnegie or something. A HBO special with iDumb! Apple might sponsor you.
Old April 19, 2012, 08:52 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

In NY, the beggars have become more smart and sophisticated. I will give two real life examples --

1. One day after classes, I was walking to the train station. Suddenly this Indian dude came to me and asked if I was Indian, I said no I am BDeshi. Then he said he is from Boston and he lost all his luggage and that included his wallet and bank cards. He was well dressed and I kinda believed him. He asked me for $40 and I said I don't have that much cash with me. The ATM was next to me and he said he will return me the money. I got $20 out and gave him that. He gave his email address and phone number. He said he will get to Boston and return my money in two days. To this day, I call this number and no one picks up. I email him but its just a fake email.

6 Months Later, another such scam artist

2. It was in the same area. I was coming home after work and this old Indian guy asked the same thing, are you Indian? I said I am Bdeshi. Anyway, this old guy is a Medical Doctor who flew from California for a position in some hospital. His airlines lost all his luggage and now he needs money to stay in a hotel. I said I don't have any money. He said please help me, I am a doctor, and if you give me this $50, I will give $10G. I am like what the hell. So I took his number and I said I will go to my bank and get the money. So please stay here. I went to my work and tried to google him. I wondered if he is a doctor, it will surely come up. But nothing came up. When I went back to the street, he wasn't there. He completely vanished.
Old April 19, 2012, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Zeeshan, I am not surprised by your response. You see no problem taking governments money (u know the money that I owed to the state this year after filing my tax - goes to you unfortunately) and then you come here instead of saying "oh thank you, your highness" you accuse me of being dumb for working hard to make money and you are smart because you just ask for it, begged for it and I have the obligation to give it to you.

why don't you instead say "thank you".
Not anything personal against anyone, but if I may join the rant - I absolutely hate it when you have to give back to the government at the end of the year, on top of the 2/3 of every pay cheque that they take off bi-weekly anyways. Here you are, expecting a tax return at the end of the year, but you file your taxes and nOoOoO - you owe the government money. That too after paying taxes for the entire year like a good citizen. All so that some scumbag can sit on his lazy butt, do nothing and get free money from the government. It's like the government telling you that although you've worked hard all year, earned the money you make, someone else is going hungry somewhere else because he/she is too lazy to work and it's your responsibility to make sure that doesn't happen. Sorry, you made too much last year, time to give to the poor and lazy. Utter bull crap. This isn't democracy, it's modern day communism at best.

And what do I get in return? Free health care my butt. I've seen plenty of patients go into emergency and have to wait 10 hours to see a crappy doctor who doesn't give a rat's behind. I was promised great roads when I came to this country, but all I got is pot holes. Mayor says there will be no repairs this year, no resources. Arey beti nijer barir shamne rastar dhaarey gari park korle ticket dawar shomoy to resource er obhab hoy na, ekhon amare high court dekhaite aisos. Faizlamir ekta limit ase.

As for thanking people, I don't know why it has never been a part of the culture. There's a perfect word for it in the vocabulary too, it just goes unused.
Old April 19, 2012, 10:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

If you're doing someone a favor, why expect anything in return at all?

And some of you are making it seem like everyone on welfare are scumbags mooching off the system. That's an egregious exaggeration. Percentage-wise, very few people do that. Come to my town (South Miami, Florida). You'll see who is being helped by hose welfare checks.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old April 19, 2012, 10:25 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
In NY, the beggars have become more smart and sophisticated. I will give two real life examples --

1. One day after classes, I was walking to the train station. Suddenly this Indian dude came to me and asked if I was Indian, I said no I am BDeshi. Then he said he is from Boston and he lost all his luggage and that included his wallet and bank cards. He was well dressed and I kinda believed him. He asked me for $40 and I said I don't have that much cash with me. The ATM was next to me and he said he will return me the money. I got $20 out and gave him that. He gave his email address and phone number. He said he will get to Boston and return my money in two days. To this day, I call this number and no one picks up. I email him but its just a fake email.

6 Months Later, another such scam artist

2. It was in the same area. I was coming home after work and this old Indian guy asked the same thing, are you Indian? I said I am Bdeshi. Anyway, this old guy is a Medical Doctor who flew from California for a position in some hospital. His airlines lost all his luggage and now he needs money to stay in a hotel. I said I don't have any money. He said please help me, I am a doctor, and if you give me this $50, I will give $10G. I am like what the hell. So I took his number and I said I will go to my bank and get the money. So please stay here. I went to my work and tried to google him. I wondered if he is a doctor, it will surely come up. But nothing came up. When I went back to the street, he wasn't there. He completely vanished.
Mufi bhai aie boston shalai amarew dhorsilo ekbar. Bole naki taka nai, bus ticket kinbe taka dite.

I always run into this scam artist on I95 South on the way to NY. McD te daraya thake ae bole amar gari nosto hoye gese ar wallet sathe nai bashai rekhe aschi, 50 taka daw gari thik korbo. So far I saw him there at least 3 times. Next time ami bolbo ami mechanic let me see where is your car, maybe I can fix it. Dekhi ki bole
Old April 19, 2012, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrequiem
If you're doing someone a favor, why expect anything in return at all?

And some of you are making it seem like everyone on welfare are scumbags mooching off the system. That's an egregious exaggeration. Percentage-wise, very few people do that. Come to my town (South Miami, Florida). You'll see who is being helped by hose welfare checks.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
I think the government, at least in Canada, needs to have more stringent rules around who gets to enjoy welfare benefits. I've seen too many people on welfare who just don't want to go to work. Give them the kick and let them contribute to the economy instead of undeservedly taking from it.

I can't speak for the US. AFAIK, the welfare system is different.
Old April 19, 2012, 10:32 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Kiser different same BS. I know a bangali guy kaje giya icha koira 420 giri kore. So that he can get fired and collect unemployment. Koyek mash por por aie rokom kore.

Electric bhai is right not everyone on welfare is a scumbag but there are plenty out there who are.
Old April 19, 2012, 10:40 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Mufi bhai aie boston shalai amarew dhorsilo ekbar. Bole naki taka nai, bus ticket kinbe taka dite.

I always run into this scam artist on I95 South on the way to NY. McD te daraya thake ae bole amar gari nosto hoye gese ar wallet sathe nai bashai rekhe aschi, 50 taka daw gari thik korbo. So far I saw him there at least 3 times. Next time ami bolbo ami mechanic let me see where is your car, maybe I can fix it. Dekhi ki bole
Same thing. Amar kaseo bus bhara chaise. Ami abul er moton $20 diya disi. Eibar paile shoja pitna.
Old April 19, 2012, 10:42 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Its even worse in USA. I know many taxi drivers who makes around $70k+ a year and when they file taxes, they show self employed income of only $15k-$20k. They got lot of refunds. Also I know many guys making one baby after another so they can show more dependent on tax files and get that big refund check. iDumb bhai maybe referred to street beggars but there are lot others who works around the system and steal money.
Old April 19, 2012, 10:49 AM
Cricket Sage

You know who would make a really good scam artist. BK bhai. If he starts talking all crazy and says dhaka mental hospital e jaite hobe taka nai, bus bhara lagbe. I would probably believe him.
Old April 19, 2012, 10:49 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

I hate when some one asks me if I have an extra cigarette. I mean come on..This thing is expensive. I am not giving it for free. So I ask for $2 and they go away
Old April 19, 2012, 10:53 AM
Cricket Sage

I bet there is another kind of beggar, jara bole bhai amar mobile phone e taka nei. Flexji korbo taka den na
Old April 19, 2012, 10:57 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
You know who would make a really good scam artist. BK bhai. If he starts talking all crazy and says dhaka mental hospital e jaite hobe taka nai, bus bhara lagbe. I would probably believe him.
Haha I don't think BK da can pull it off as a beggar. He looks too evergreen. I saw him wearing fancy expensive shoes, hat, and tight jeans
Old April 19, 2012, 11:30 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Ki? Amerikay BDeshira bikkha kore?
France e BDeshira bikkha kore na
amago eikhane romania (gipsy) ra bikkha kore,
RER ba metro te ekta kagoj e kichu kotha lekhe regarding their condition,kagoj gula seat er pashe raikkha dey,ekdin amar pashey kono seat chilona tai haat e dhoraya disilo -___-
ekdin train e char pach jon teen aged chele donation er naam koira ektu beshi insist korchilo,parle jor koira nibe, ektu kora koira bolchi tarpor choila gesey,era chance pailei churi kore.
echara super market er baireo kharaya thake,kokhono dei.