facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 20, 2011, 11:05 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib
Default 'কাল শেবাগের দিন গেছে আমারও দিন আসবে'

Shafiuls Interview.. Check..
http://www.dailykalerkantho.com/?vie..._id=1&index=33

Old February 20, 2011, 11:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

লক্ষ্য পূরণে শফিউলের সবচেয়ে বড় অস্ত্র সহজাত সাহস। মানুষটা ছোটখাটো। শারীরিক গড়ন তাঁর মোটেই ফাস্ট বোলারসুলভ না। কিন্তু বুকে তাঁর সিংহের সাহস। তারপরও আরো এক সাহসী মানুষকে কাল মিস করেছেন শফিউল। মাশরাফি। "ম্যাচের আগের দিন মাশরাফি ভাইয়ের সঙ্গে কথা হয়েছিল। আমাকে বলল, 'ভালো খেলিস। দলের ভালো করতে হলে তোকে ভালো করতেই হবে।' প্রথম ম্যাচে তা পারিনি। আর যখন আমাকে বেধড়ক মারছিল শেবাগ, তখন মাশরাফি ভাইকে খুব মিস করেছি। উনি থাকলে পিঠে হাত রেখে সাহস দিতে পারতেন। ইংল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে ব্রিস্টলে জেতা ম্যাচটায় আমাকে অনেক সাহস জুগিয়েছিলেন। এটি কাল (পরশু) মিস করেছি"_কোনো সড়গড় না করে গড়গড়ে নিজের মনের কথাটি বলে দিলেন শফিউল।

Both bowlers missed it. When they were getting hit, none of the senior players came up and said anything to them. Oi shomoye ektu shantona o onek shahosh bariye dei.
Old February 20, 2011, 11:15 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ Not true. All of you keep saying that, but did you guys actually watch the game? I defo saw Riyad, Razzak and Tamim come up to both Safi and Rubel few times. They were on long on and long off.
Old February 20, 2011, 11:18 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

I think if those two were more careful about their line and length, it might not have been shewag's day to begin with.

Do not want to play the blame game, but the pacer's line and length in this game was the worst I have seen in a long time.

Last edited by kalpurush; February 21, 2011 at 01:51 PM..
Old February 20, 2011, 11:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

@Dillu
I did. I'm talking about the initial overs.
Old February 20, 2011, 11:37 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
^ Not true. All of you keep saying that, but did you guys actually watch the game? I defo saw Riyad, Razzak and Tamim come up to both Safi and Rubel few times. They were on long on and long off.
its differ when a senior experienced player came up..
Old February 20, 2011, 11:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
@Dillu
I did. I'm talking about the initial overs.
I think I did see Shakib come and talk to to Shafiul in the early overs. Almost sure.
Old February 20, 2011, 11:54 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

as long as Shafiul becomes fired up and steams in against Ireland, it will be okay... We got the toughest match of our group out of the way now... things should only get better from here...
Old February 21, 2011, 12:27 AM
Banned

I dont trust কালের কন্ঠ totally. We don't know in response to what question Shafiul said this.
Old February 21, 2011, 12:27 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

mashrafe definitely can inspire bowler. i remember when rubel's debut match, mash was giving him tips in every single delivery and rbel performed better than mash. mash is a guy--who doesnt know the word "jealousy" he is a true team player but only sad part is he is so much injury prone.
Old February 21, 2011, 12:33 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Well its different you know. You can't really replace Mashrafe's words/experience with Tamim/Razzak/Riyad. Mash is a fast bowler himself and he has gone through situations like this plenty of time. I'm sure he learned a thing or two from his previous experiences that would have helped out Shafi.
Old February 21, 2011, 12:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
mashrafe definitely can inspire bowler. i remember when rubel's debut match, mash was giving him tips in every single delivery and rbel performed better than mash. mash is a guy--who doesnt know the word "jealousy" he is a true team player but only sad part is he is so much injury prone.
100% agree

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old February 21, 2011, 12:51 AM
Cricket Legend

arekbar politics chalachhe kaler kontho...... question would be why shakib didn't give a pat on the back of Shafiul? Typical journalism.
Old February 21, 2011, 12:59 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I thought we were talking about senior players going up to the bowlers when they were getting their butt handed to them, not about Mashrafe? And in that case, Razzak and Tamim are senior players of the team and they did come and talk to Shafiul. Whether that's not as good as Mash's pep talk is a different talk- and wasn't the question.

And Mash is not in the team, so I don't see any point in talking about how Mash could've been a big help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
Well its different you know. You can't really replace Mashrafe's words/experience with Tamim/Razzak/Riyad. Mash is a fast bowler himself and he has gone through situations like this plenty of time. I'm sure he learned a thing or two from his previous experiences that would have helped out Shafi.
Old February 21, 2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murad
লক্ষ্য পূরণে শফিউলের সবচেয়ে বড় অস্ত্র সহজাত সাহস। মানুষটা ছোটখাটো। শারীরিক গড়ন তাঁর মোটেই ফাস্ট বোলারসুলভ না। কিন্তু বুকে তাঁর সিংহের সাহস। তারপরও আরো এক সাহসী মানুষকে কাল মিস করেছেন শফিউল। মাশরাফি। "ম্যাচের আগের দিন মাশরাফি ভাইয়ের সঙ্গে কথা হয়েছিল। আমাকে বলল, 'ভালো খেলিস। দলের ভালো করতে হলে তোকে ভালো করতেই হবে।' প্রথম ম্যাচে তা পারিনি। আর যখন আমাকে বেধড়ক মারছিল শেবাগ, তখন মাশরাফি ভাইকে খুব মিস করেছি। উনি থাকলে পিঠে হাত রেখে সাহস দিতে পারতেন। ইংল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে ব্রিস্টলে জেতা ম্যাচটায় আমাকে অনেক সাহস জুগিয়েছিলেন। এটি কাল (পরশু) মিস করেছি"_কোনো সড়গড় না করে গড়গড়ে নিজের মনের কথাটি বলে দিলেন শফিউল।

both bowlers missed it. When they were getting hit, none of the senior players came up and said anything to them. Oi shomoye ektu shantona o onek shahosh bariye dei.
অমি তামীমকে দেখেছি শফিউলকে সাহশ যোগাচ্ছিল -
Old February 21, 2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
I think if those two were more careful about their line and length, it might not have been shewag's day to begin with.

Do not want to play the blame game, but the pacer's line and length in this game was the worst I have seen in a long time.
+1
I never seen Shafiul bowl like this bad! Line and length was not right at all. I guess it is his first WC, thus, he was very nervous. Though, He will come good in the next match against the Irish IMHO. All the best Shafiul. We know you can do it.
Old February 21, 2011, 01:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Murad vai sujog paile Shakib k ekta khocha maren:-).
Old February 21, 2011, 02:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

These are just bull. He just lost it to the occassion. Mash's words could've encouraged him a little but after all these matches and training if a bowler keeps erring in line for 5-6 overs then he's just having a bad day and haa only himself to blame. Even a coach right next to him may not have saved him that day.....it's his inner demon in form of Sehwag that got the better of him. No need to have, "I need my mommy" crying. He just needs to get back to training and hone the basics and get ready for the next game and do it right from the very first ball.
Old February 21, 2011, 02:18 PM
Test Cricketer

[quote=Murad;1277907]লক্ষ্য পূরণে শফিউলের সবচেয়ে বড় অস্ত্র সহজাত সাহস। মানুষটা ছোটখাটো। শারীরিক গড়ন তাঁর মোটেই ফাস্ট বোলারসুলভ না। কিন্তু বুকে তাঁর সিংহের সাহস। তারপরও আরো এক সাহসী মানুষকে কাল মিস করেছেন শফিউল। মাশরাফি। "ম্যাচের আগের দিন মাশরাফি ভাইয়ের সঙ্গে কথা হয়েছিল। আমাকে বলল, 'ভালো খেলিস। দলের ভালো করতে হলে তোকে ভালো করতেই হবে।' প্রথম ম্যাচে তা পারিনি। আর যখন আমাকে বেধড়ক মারছিল শেবাগ, তখন মাশরাফি ভাইকে খুব মিস করেছি। উনি থাকলে পিঠে হাত রেখে সাহস দিতে পারতেন। ইংল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে ব্রিস্টলে জেতা ম্যাচটায় আমাকে অনেক সাহস জুগিয়েছিলেন।

"Shaful's best weapon is his courage to acheive the goal he sets for himself. His stature may not be akin to a fast bowler but his heart is as large as that of a lion. The other day he did miss another fighter; Mashrafi. "I chatted with Brother Mashrafi the day before the match. He told me to 'play your heat out. You need to perform to serve the team well'. I could not do that in the first match. I missed him while getting mercilessly punished by Shewag. He would have encouraged me, just as he did in Bristol where we beat England."

I find this little disturbing. There was plenty of on-field encouragements (in addition to the thousands of spectators on the stands cheering him on). He, plain and simple, got wrapped up by the enormity of the situation. He could not handle it. He is only 21. He will bounce back with or without Mash's encouragement. He is right on one respect. It was Shewag's day. Even his ugly shots falling beween the fielders. He could do nothing wrong. Shafiul also will have a day like this. I hope it is in this word cup.