facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 1, 2009, 04:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

ro, procrastinate is from ancient amharic meaning to fantasize.

Old February 1, 2009, 04:22 PM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Working in IT and completing My MS program.

Following cricket from 91/92 (lill school kid), memories....

1992..........kenya beat BD at the semi-final of the icc trophy (heart broken..)
1995..........bd beat kenya at home series, went to the final of saaf cricket leaving pakistan a and srilanka a behind....new star born (mohammad rafique)
1996..........bd beat holland (in crutial 2nd round match), became champ of ICC trophy beating kenya
1999..........bd beat pakistan in wc
2000..........test status, first test.....and so on

our fun began from 1996 to 2000, we celebrated each and every achievement

Till then, our domestic structure went higher, now we have better cricketers in our domestic circuit. Now, my heart doesnt break so easily......

I know.....we are close.......n i am ready to wait another 10 years or so....it will happen!!
Old February 1, 2009, 04:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
really? I always thought it meant to put something off until the last moment.
Old February 1, 2009, 04:27 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by riankhan
1995........ went to the final of saaf cricket leaving pakistan a and srilanka a behind....new star born (mohammad rafique)
I was at the stadium in the match against India A. Can't forget the bowling of Anisur Rahman (left arm seamer), he was looking more pacy than even Wasim Akram. That was awesome.

I am talking about this match.

http://cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/.../59/59867.html
Old February 1, 2009, 04:55 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro1249
really? I always thought it meant to put something off until the last moment.
ro, from big brother to small brother....you need a haircut.
Old February 1, 2009, 05:33 PM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
I was at the stadium in the match against India A. Can't forget the bowling of Anisur Rahman (left arm seamer), he was looking more pacy than even Wasim Akram. That was awesome.

I was at the stadium as well. We, along with the whole stadium were shouting "woooooo....lolz" whenever Anisur Rahman started to bowl (missed my school that day!)
Old February 1, 2009, 06:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Quote:
ro, from big brother to small brother....you need a haircut.
lol I got one like 2 weeks ago.
Old February 1, 2009, 06:10 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mashrafe,Razzak,Shakib

what is this ICC trophy thing.i heard that BAngladesh won it once. are bigger teams like AUstralia and SA involved in it. or is it only made for the minnows
Old February 1, 2009, 06:58 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
probably....I thought it means think and dream about something...whatever you know what I mean
Old February 1, 2009, 07:00 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim IK/Nasir Hossain

Since i was born in Sylhet, there is field everywhere to play cricket durring winter. I used to play cricket all the time although i was only 9 when i came to USA(even played for money, and trophies). I didnt really care about BD cricket team when i was in BD. I just played cricket to have fun. When came to USA i have some uncles who are half sylhety and half dhakaia. They used to watch cricket matches on the computer. I started watching cricket supporting my country. Most of my sylhety uncles are more into soccer, cars, clothings, cars and girls. I love all of it. Proud to have familes from all over bangladesh.
Old February 1, 2009, 07:46 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mashrafe,Razzak,Shakib

Old February 1, 2009, 08:27 PM
Cricket Legend

55%
Old February 1, 2009, 10:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Cricket?
My school won first Nirman School Cricket, Babul Quazi (grandson of Nazrul) was in the team. I was nine or ten. Have to google to find out?

I grew up with cricket, long before BD even played Intl. level. I learnt spinning the red ball and was a trouble for good Para Batsmen, GM Nawsher Prince was my local mama and once we took interview of Modi (Mohammad Ali), he became the best bowler that year.

Then I stopped playing, kept on following. About ICC trophy we were giving exam in DU and all the teachers were rounding up with small radios in their ears. They were updating us time to time how it is going. That was BSc Hons full unit exam. When we came out of the exam room of old Physics building in Curzon Hall the whole Dhaka was red in color.
Old February 2, 2009, 01:05 AM
Cricket Legend

I've been a Bangladeshi cricket fan since I was about five years old. It's been 12 years since then, and it takes up about 85% of my life. I'll most likely fail my High School Certificate due to my excessive following of our nation's fail team.
Old February 2, 2009, 01:40 AM
Cricket Guru

ummm lets seeee........
I was half raised in S.A where cricket is pretty big, and I remember going to the stadium with my Mum and Dad watching S.A play. At that time S.A was like my fav team in a way. Living In Aus, cricket is pretty big here during summer and coming from a BAngladeshi backgroud, where cricket is BOOM BOOM, its like i was born to like cricket. lol
At one stage we were planing to move to Canada, we got our visa & everything all we needed to do was pack and get tickets, but at the last minute I managed to convince my dad to stay in Aus and my excuse was....... if we move to Canada I won't be able to watch cricket! lol and somehow it worked and we stayed back ( there were other reasons why we stayed back.. but cricket was one of them!). So, I have been following cricket for a while, since i was 5 i think.. or maybe 6..so a lot of my life is " Bangladeshi cricket"
Old February 2, 2009, 01:51 AM
Cricket Savant

Antora, I lived in Pretoria for 3 years. Which part of SA you from? Plz dont say Durban. :P
Old February 2, 2009, 01:52 AM
Cricket Savant

Deleted. Double Post. (Oh well *sigh*....my post count goes up.)
Old February 2, 2009, 02:05 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe

If there was a religion called Bangladesh cricket, I would be a priest.
Old February 2, 2009, 02:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Antora, I lived in Pretoria for 3 years. Which part of SA you from? Plz dont say Durban. :P
lol Nah i'm not from Durban, but been there too many times. umm I lived in a town very close to pretoria.
Old February 2, 2009, 03:50 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

12.5 % of Life
25% of Passions I persue
75% of Recreation I indulge into
80% of time I waste in unproductive sector
Old February 2, 2009, 04:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz

Oh!!! what a match that was Miraz bhai.....I was also in the stadium.....in the Abahani Galary (West)...where were you?

3 runs needed from the last over with 1 wicket remaining.....single in the 1st ball.....2 runs more.....when the last batsman was stumped by WK Jahangir from the bowling of Rafique.....i just remember I gave a huge jump.....was hugging everyone in the stadium.....after some seconds i found myself at another corner of the gallary and lost my cousin who went with me..... ....that was the level of JOY and CELEBRATION that day........
Old February 2, 2009, 04:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

I started playing and following cricket seriously from 1992 when i was in class v. Till then to 2001 before i admitted to university i played lots of cricket in para teams/clubs....after that because of study and some other reasons....could not continue playing...but never stopped following...

when 1992 world cup was going on....I asked my father, "what is the chance of Bangladesh cricket team to qualify to the world cup?" He gave me the answer by explaining the whole scenario....then i came to know.....Cricket has much better chance to be established in the international arena than Foot-ball.....from then on.....I am a serious follower of Bangladesh Cricket. when Bangladesh was beaten by Kenya in ICC trophy and was out of tournament and could not reach to the 1996 world cup.....that was one of the worst day of my life.....I still remember i cried by locking myself in the bathroom........

All the time of the day...when my brain is free of "office er jhamela", "bashar jhamela".....i think of Bangladesh Cricket....
Old February 2, 2009, 05:00 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
12.5 % of Life
25% of Passions I persue
75% of Recreation I indulge into
80% of time I waste in unproductive sector

Tui ke harey harey bangali eitar proman hoilo ey stat...

Haire olosh bangali....zindigi te faltu ku budhhi te khatai arr boro kichu hoitey parli naa.....

Haire bangali...toder jonno dukkho hoi re....kajer agey porey majkhaney khela dekha bangali....

Toder bhaggey dukkho asey....
Old February 2, 2009, 05:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

I started cricket at the age of 6-7 of course with tennis ball at the age of 14 started to play with real cricket equipment by enthusiastic initiative from our para fellow teenagers whom included me collected money from para murubbis and bought one cricket bat and a pair of pad which we had to share one pad for each player ), made in best 15 in Nirman school squad but never came into best eleven because of Our school senior brother who was our coach and selector who filled up the best eleven by his own para and relatives people the kind of scenario very often we saw in our national team selection sometime, unfortunately. That year our school played worst ever. But I can say I was not he best cricketer but was one to deseverve place in best eleven. In the college due to study pressure not joined the college league although was offered by some class mates to join. Played couple of matches for second division as bowler but never got chances to bowl, once came in the middle to bat I was doing really well did score some 16 then got over confidence and tried to sweep a over pitch middle stump ball from a fast bowler which top edged on my bat and then I realize I was lying down on the ground some curious faces were gathered surrounded me and I could only see their faces and a bit of sky, those people throwing some water on my face and then had to go to hospital for few stitches on my chin, and that was my last game in Bangladesh cause after few months later I left Bangladesh. When I moved abroad 2 years later bd qualified for world championship as ever. Since I was kid I used to follow our district cricket league by attending the stadium every now and then by skipping school classes sometime. Bd was not a pronounced name by that time in world cricket but definitely was emerging nation at least I believed from my heart and was praying when we Bangladeshi could see our team in the tv screen with pakistan and india. I still remember seeing Ranatunga coming in sylhet stadium and playing those huge sixes, that time I used to wonder how come such short fat man manage to hit those huge SIXES ) Saw Akram Khan who was that time the best batsman in bd and was in his peak form, man he lost two balls with consecutive straight SIXES, believe me those sixes were huge. Those days lots of International icons were playing in Dhaka league I remember W. Akram was playing, nail farebrother, Ranatunga, De silva and many more. I always love cricket and Bangladesh was in my heart since I started to understand cricket no matter bd was not in world cricket that time but bd was always the beloved and still is.

Last edited by Shaan; February 2, 2009 at 05:13 PM..
Old February 2, 2009, 05:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Every morning I wake up, the first worldly thing I think of whether there is a BD match or not at that day. If there is, I get wounds everywhere in my body until the match starts, and I feel drastic, if there isn't any match. Cricket is what keeps me away from all the bad deeds I'd have possibly been doing if cricket wasn't there.......and it all started back in 1997 ICC trophy, I was alone at home, listening to radio to the Kenya vs BD match, was writing down the stats, and when we won I wanted to go out, but I wasn't allowed to, so i saw through the window my elders and friends out there off and running screaming with THALA-BASHONS, i couldn't join them, but I was screaming from my own place.....oh what a day that was! first introduction to the thrill of cricket, first sensuous touch of cricket craze and first discovery of my pride as a Bangladeshi! YAHOO!.................so apart from my normal doings, everything else I own is the cricket passion. And even in the normal doings, cricket's always there, would you imagine some people even get bored with me because in every conversation, i bring in cricket by whatever chance i get....lolllllz!