facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 29, 2016, 08:23 AM
Cricket Legend

There is no point defending Riyad. He commited a massive crime. Getting out like that even after scoring 200 is a big crime given the context of the match. It might cost Bangladesh a match!

Old October 29, 2016, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Someone find the article where he said he learned his lesson and next time he won't pull that kind of crap!!
To learn something of that kind, you need to learn of the meaning of lesson, I dont think Mullah has that brain to break down the things properly, either he get confused while doing so, or try to overcome the situation bringing out his ego in the way.
Old October 29, 2016, 08:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

He is never going to learn is he?

His downfall has been the sweep, slog sweep and midwicket hoick but he still keeps playing such shots.

He looks much better playing on off. He just ruined a near perfect day for us
Old October 29, 2016, 08:57 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

He played a bad shot but not to the extent which some of you are claiming to be. In both last test match and this one.. England took the upper hand when the ball started reversing. I think Kayes and Ryad batted positively and brilliantly to score as quickly as they did from 66/2. They had a gameplan to be positive and attacking but not reckless and on a turning wicket sweeping is a viable option to score runs. He played positively throughout his innings and played a misjudged sweep shot. It was a bad decision and a bad shot given that we were about to end for the day. Did he know it was the last ball of the day? No he didn't... was playing the sweep paying dividends for our batsman? yes it was. There is still Mushfiq Shakib and Shabbir to come so its not as if Ryad exposed the tail. The entire middle order is still there. The gameplan is to attack and rack up the runs as quickly as possible before Stokes and co starts reversing it. Tomorrow the rest of the team needs to execute this gameplan.
Old October 29, 2016, 09:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

He should not have played the shot but it happens. Dont forget this pitch is not that easy to bat. BD's gameplan is to attack and get as many runs before the pitch gets worse.
Old October 29, 2016, 09:10 AM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Played a shot, didn't work out. It happens. Can't blame him for playing positively. Sucks that he couldn't hold on for three more minutes but we still have a lot of batsman. It's not like we lost the 8th or 9th wicket.
Old October 29, 2016, 09:15 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

He was a set batsmen ....tch tch tch...missed out on a fantastic well composed fifty
Old October 29, 2016, 04:57 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Outrageous way to get out and ruin the hardworking. Could have been in a better position if he was around
Old October 29, 2016, 05:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Tbf it's not just Riyad who gets out just before the end of a session or the end of the day. But still no excuse, these guys are experienced enough.
Old October 29, 2016, 06:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Don't think Hathuru will take any batting noob (or SN) to NZ. But Riyad should watch his back for following Test matches that will be played on subcontinent (India, SL).

For a player in his thirties, he is not showing the maturity you would expect to see from him in the longer version of the cricket and still stuck with a batting average in low thirties. He should not expect to survive in the team with such continued mediocre performances and such frequent brain farts.
Old October 29, 2016, 06:10 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Dropped Root. Got baited by Bairstow. A couple more key drops coming up in the 2nd inning to complete the all-round performance.

If our captain understands anything about the psyche, I'd remove his in law from the most important position and (I cannot believe I'm going to say this) put someone like Hom in there. Cannot believe I've just put more faith in Hom than Riyad.
Old October 29, 2016, 09:49 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Don't think Hathuru will take any batting noob (or SN) to NZ. But Riyad should watch his back for following Test matches that will be played on subcontinent (India, SL).

For a player in his thirties, he is not showing the maturity you would expect to see from him in the longer version of the cricket and still stuck with a batting average in low thirties. He should not expect to survive in the team with such continued mediocre performances and such frequent brain farts.
This.

NZ series is going to be his make-or-brake series in terms of keeping a regular place in the Test team.

He is a decent limited over player, but he never showed any temperament to score big in his good days in the longer format of the game. He does come across as a player who would score in between 30 to 60 runs in his good days which is not good enough to be considered Test standard.

If he doesn't do anything remarkable in NZ Test series then I'd bring Mosaddek in his place for the following Test series' in Asia (SL, Ind, Pak at home).
Old October 29, 2016, 09:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

There are a few young batsmen knocking on the door, Tamim, imrul, mominul, mushy and shakib are all safe atm, sabbir has had a good start. If there are batsmen knocking on the door then someone has to be more vulnerable than others and atm riyad is one of them atm that if selectors want to try someone else, well it's really between riyad or sabbir and they may back sabbir since he's done well in other formats and started well in tests and combine it with riyad not being overly convincing in terms of runs.

He needs to show the hunger and ability to score big runs.
Old October 29, 2016, 10:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Those runs were important, but way he got out was irresponsible. Not having a great time at slips too.

Needs to step up.
Old October 30, 2016, 02:37 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Dropped Root. Got baited by Bairstow. A couple more key drops coming up in the 2nd inning to complete the all-round performance.

If our captain understands anything about the psyche, I'd remove his in law from the most important position and (I cannot believe I'm going to say this) put someone like Hom in there. Cannot believe I've just put more faith in Hom than Riyad.
Allround performance. Called it.
Old October 30, 2016, 07:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Loved to see him riling Bairstow out, I thought he showed great character there and I want to see this Riyad more, the competitive and fierce Riyad... He gave it back when it mattered and after that sledging and war of words Bairstow lost concentration and gifted his wicket... Riyad remembered how Bairstow came at him and broke his own concentration and that wicket I felt turned the tide heavily in our favour because Bairstow is their best batsman having scored over 1000 runs in 2016 alone.... I would love to hear what Riyad actually said to him too...
Old October 30, 2016, 11:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
Loved to see him riling Bairstow out, I thought he showed great character there and I want to see this Riyad more, the competitive and fierce Riyad... He gave it back when it mattered and after that sledging and war of words Bairstow lost concentration and gifted his wicket... Riyad remembered how Bairstow came at him and broke his own concentration and that wicket I felt turned the tide heavily in our favour because Bairstow is their best batsman having scored over 1000 runs in 2016 alone.... I would love to hear what Riyad actually said to him too...
man i love that part of Riyadh.
cheleta ekta miske shoytan
Old October 30, 2016, 11:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

*Whispers*.......

. (Shanto)
Old October 30, 2016, 12:07 PM
Cricket Guru

^^ Don't forget SN. The guy has been maintaining FC average 60+ for last three seasons. He is one of our best batsmen against spin, no reason not to consider him for #4 in India or SL Test matches.
Old October 30, 2016, 12:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
^^ Don't forget SN. The guy has been maintaining FC average 60+ for last three seasons. He is one of our best batsmen against spin, no reason not to consider him for #4 in India or SL Test matches.
Fair game...wouldn't mind him returning as SN 2.0, or 3.0
Old October 30, 2016, 12:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

With Nafees and Mosaddek Riad's days are numbered.

However nafees and Mosa don't have technique to survive overseas
Old October 30, 2016, 12:12 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
if SN bat at 4 that will mean top 4 all lefties..might be 5 if shak comes at 5

ashwin will kill us
Old October 30, 2016, 12:26 PM
Cricket Guru

^^ May be, but how about countering Herath with 5 lefties?

Also, when spin is the main threat, should we consider an alternative for Momin (Shanto)?
Old October 30, 2016, 12:26 PM
Cricket Legend

I'd rather Riyad than the abul of all abuls Mofees.
Old October 30, 2016, 12:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
With Nafees and Mosaddek Riad's days are numbered.

However nafees and Mosa don't have technique to survive overseas
Riyad is least of your problems right now. Mushy deserves the axe more than Riyad, if we're to go by performance purely. Mosaddek will turn out to be decent I think, but too early now.

Riyad has the goods - bar Tamim perhaps he looks most comfortable playing pace. Especially the short balls, I've seen him play the pull very well in a lot of occasions. I guess him doing well at the last WC backs me up here.

His only problem is the brain-fade and inability to handle pressure better. But despite all this, I'd say let Riyad continue for a couple more series at least. Would take him anyday over Nafees, no matter how many runs he scores in domestic circuit.