facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 28, 2016, 02:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Default Squad Against Pakistan

1. Soumya
2. Nurul Gilchrist
3. Sabbir
4. Shakib
5. Mush
6. Riyad
7. Nasir
8. Mashrafee
9. Rony
10. Alamin
11. Mustafizur

Old February 28, 2016, 02:22 PM
Cricket Savant

1. Soumya
2. Either Anamul/Kayes or open with Sabbir
3. Shakib
4. Mushfiqur
5. Riyad
6. nasir
7. some wicket keeper might as well be nurul
8. mashrafe
9. taskin, why would you drop taskin?
10. AlAmin
11. Mustafizur
Old February 28, 2016, 02:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Sabbir is doing great at no. 3. I wouldnt move him even the openers get out for ducks.
Old February 28, 2016, 02:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Keep the same team.
Old February 28, 2016, 02:37 PM
Club Cricketer

Don't give them green track irrespective of ur squad, I know bangla fans are jubilant after this win particularly after rehman's performance, but if it's a green top, it will be like a lottery especially since the return of amir.
Old February 28, 2016, 02:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by vayuu1
Don't give them green track irrespective of ur squad, I know bangla fans are jubilant after this win particularly after rehman's performance, but if it's a green top, it will be like a lottery especially since the return of amir.
I agree we can't have similar pitch to what we had in both indian games.. Need to neutralize Amir.... Infact mustafizur will actually do better on slower pitch....Pakistan is a pretty poor team minus Amir.

There is no way BD batsmen can withstand the kind of Amir spell against India..
Old February 28, 2016, 02:52 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Drop mithun,bring nasir.
and open with sohan & SS.
Old February 28, 2016, 02:56 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I'll drop Soumya, he sucks in T20s , as simple as that.
I'll bring NAsir in, as he is useful in all 3 departments, he will bat after Ryad and before Nurul Huda.
I'll open with Mithun and Mushy, Mithun scored 40+ the other day, so it will be unfair to drop him, Mushy is struggling but he is technically good enough to open.
Old February 28, 2016, 03:01 PM
Cricket Sage

... I under stand SS is struggling....but but....Mushy scored less runs than Soumya so far. How can we be confident that a struggling Mushy will perform better in a more critical role?

In this pitch its not easy to open the innings. Most of the game in this tournament I watched, almost every opener struggled and either got out or got life.

If Mushy cannot score in the middle of the innings, what is the chance he will do better as an opener in this pitch?
Old February 28, 2016, 03:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
1. Soumya
2. Either Anamul/Kayes or open with Sabbir
3. Shakib
4. Mushfiqur
5. Riyad
6. nasir
7. some wicket keeper might as well be nurul
8. mashrafe
9. taskin, why would you drop taskin?
10. AlAmin
11. Mustafizur
You drop Taskin cuz everyone drops catches off Taskin!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 28, 2016, 03:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Drop mithun and bring in nasir.
Old February 28, 2016, 03:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Playing UAE and SL is one thing, but you guys are crazy if you want to send our best and only t20 batsman we have to face the freak of a bowler Amir from ball one. Regardless of how poor our openers are at least they can be told to play out a few deliveries before the ball starts losing its shine and swing.

Oh, and don't bowl short/good length else hacks like Afridi and co will murder us
Old February 28, 2016, 03:39 PM
Test Cricketer

Can Nasir add more values to the team than Nurul and mithun? If yes, then he should b picked.
Old February 28, 2016, 03:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma_o_mati
Can Nasir add more values to the team than Nurul and mithun? If yes, then he should b picked.
Nasir may have big fan base here, but team selector doesn't think so.... that's why he is still not in the final 11. We have an opener issue, Nasir doesn't help us in that area.

We. the fans, have a tendency to squeeze our favorite player in the team, by replacing his competator in a different new role. But thanks god, the selectors doesn't do business in that way.

If Nasir need to come, he need to replace Riyad or may be Nurul. But team likes Nurul's wicket keeping and Riayd started contributing with both bat and the ball.
Old February 28, 2016, 03:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by vayuu1
I don't think BCB or the curators will be that daft to create a green wicket against Pakistan. Hopefully it will be somewhat similar to the ones we had against them last year
Old February 28, 2016, 03:52 PM
Cricket Legend

@ noname.

Did you see Sabbir not going in the 3rd ball of the innings? Is that not like opening? A number 3 is virtually like an opener.
If Sabbir is sent up, he just shouldn't take the first strike of the innings, management needs to tell Soumya to play out the first over and try getting few bounderies!
Old February 28, 2016, 04:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
@ noname.

Did you see Sabbir not going in the 3rd ball of the innings? Is that not like opening? A number 3 is virtually like an opener.
If Sabbir is sent up, he just shouldn't take the first strike of the innings, management needs to tell Soumya to play out the first over and try getting few bounderies!
That way every one down batsman will be an opener now...Rohit and Rahane both scored ducks against Pakistan... Lets make Kohli and Raina as the openers.
Old February 28, 2016, 05:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
... I under stand SS is struggling....but but....Mushy scored less runs than Soumya so far. How can we be confident that a struggling Mushy will perform better in a more critical role?

In this pitch its not easy to open the innings. Most of the game in this tournament I watched, almost every opener struggled and either got out or got life.

If Mushy cannot score in the middle of the innings, what is the chance he will do better as an opener in this pitch?
what is important here is to get Nasir in, Mushy scored some runs in BPL unlike SS, besides Mushy is a senior player with tns of experience, he is technically one of our best and if Mithun or Kayes can open so can Mushy.
Old February 28, 2016, 05:23 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Mithun should be dropped, he looks clueless..he is a walking wicket vs Amir
Old February 28, 2016, 05:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Same team, but mithun out...maybe even bring in Kayes..ideally it would be anamul, but that wont happen...also if mushfiq is fit to keep, bring in nasir for nurul - pak batsman wont like the pressure nasir will build

Old February 28, 2016, 06:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Mithun is a young man maybe we have been bit too harsh on him. Need to give him space to breathe. But one cannot deny he has no clue on a moving ball and as opener even on flattest of decks early on the ball will move a few balls around while the ball is shiny and for that reason so I think Mithun wont survive at the top. He doesnt seem to have a entirely bad style of batting, might be ok when ball shine is off in the middle order after top4 but the middle order is packed already. When he played those some shots against UAE he did look quite alright, has pretty ok technique. But against the moving ball at them top he is a goner very early.

I dont see a future for him in the LOI or T20 side in the long run unless ofcause he decides to score a ton against the Paks!
Old February 28, 2016, 06:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
@ noname.

I said facing Lanka and UAE are one thing, you seriously can't be comparing the likes of Mathews and Kulasakera's bowling to the trio of Amir, Irfan and Sami who can all clock high 140s and one able to swing it. You don't make your in form number 3 batsman an opener just because the openers are failing.
Old February 28, 2016, 06:44 PM
Test Cricketer

This is a tough world. There is nothing more I dislike than discarding a player. Be it kayes, mithun, liton, etc. all of these guys pin their hopes on representing our team. No matter what you feel for them. Its easy to say who is mithun? Who is that? However, they hv earned every bit of it to make it this far.

We are getting better and better. There are stiff competitions. Once a player gets a chance, they hv to grab it and perform. Players nowadays have to be calibre of shakib, sabbir, mushy. The bar has been set high post Ashraful era.
Old February 28, 2016, 08:06 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
I said facing Lanka and UAE are one thing, you seriously can't be comparing the likes of Mathews and Kulasakera's bowling to the trio of Amir, Irfan and Sami who can all clock high 140s and one able to swing it. You don't make your in form number 3 batsman an opener just because the openers are failing.
Sami and wahab is useless... amir is the only legitimate threat.. pace is not everything...
Old February 28, 2016, 08:13 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Playing UAE and SL is one thing, but you guys are crazy if you want to send our best and only t20 batsman we have to face the freak of a bowler Amir from ball one. Regardless of how poor our openers are at least they can be told to play out a few deliveries before the ball starts losing its shine and swing.

Oh, and don't bowl short/good length else hacks like Afridi and co will murder us
Sabbir is going to face him in the first over anyway because one of our openers will be dismissed going by the trend so far. So might as well open with him and give another batsman a go.

This is my xi

Soumya
Sabbir
Mushy
Shakib
Riyad
Nasir
Nurul
Mash
Taskin
Al-Amin
Mustafiz