facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old November 9, 2008, 11:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

- Blunder from think tank in two consecutive matches. How can they even think about playing with this bowling line up? In the first match, we somehow get away, what happened today to our bowlers in expected as we are definitely a bowler short. Playing Nayeem as 5th bowler in SA? Ask Pailot whether he ever thought of playing Nayeem as 5th bowler in the Rajshahi team in BD.

- Disappointed with Imrul. I knew he is not that of a "talented" player, but expected better. He did not confident. Also I did not like his body language also, as if he himself don't believe that he belongs to this level

-One criticism to Sakib. He is trying to play cut shots very close to the body. even to the balls that are not short enough to cut. He is doing this regularly, got away before, not will not get away every time. We know same problem was one of the reason of Shahriar Nafees's downfall. Hope Sakib sorts this out quickly.

-Worried about Mashrafee. I am with resting Mashrafee in the 3rd ODI even if he is still fit, We just can't loose him in the test series.

Old November 9, 2008, 12:08 PM
Cricket Legend

By the way, I am impressed with Botha. He is becoming SA's Razzak. Balls similar to him....doesn't give flight and balls it fast. Real ODI prospect for SA. As he can bowl "dusra" as well, he can become a prospect in tests as well.
Old November 9, 2008, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Imrul Kayes & Junaid was just a bulsht
Their legs were pegged to the crease, not hitting the balls wide outside off. Kayes was irritating. Not even able to pick singles. crazy substandard stuff
That's why you don't debut people when they're not ready. Especially on South African surfaces against a janowar-packed pace attack.
Old November 9, 2008, 12:19 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

In fact, IK was debuted against NZ in home series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
That's why you don't debut people when they're not ready. Especially on South African surfaces against a janowar-packed pace attack.
Old November 9, 2008, 12:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

- first of all.. our bowlers really got hammered today.. gave wayyy too many runs.. 359 was always too much.. i mean.. i laughed when i saw the target
-congratz to hashim amla for that spectacular knock
- tamim, what a start, but what an end.. if only he had stayed on.. who knows what cud have happened.. but i'm happy with what he did
-imrul.. really dissapointing.. he kept on closing his eyes for most of the deliveries.. expected better.. hope we hv sum1 else for the 3rd odi..
-mash and razzak.. u guys rok! esp mash.. fantastic knock.. some of his shots were really cute and out of the oridinary.. but loads of fun to watch and none the less fab.. his sixes.. the 1st on kept risinand risin.. i thot he'd be out.. when it came back to the ground commies were like wheres the ball.. it was amaizing.. so high and it went sooo far.. HUGE!! even the 2nd one was fantastic.. and razzaks one was fabulous.. and their 4s.. cracking ones.. all of them..these guys shud teach the morons how to bat.. i think tamim shud open wid mash.. followed by raj..then the morons.. tht way bd will always get a blistering start and make proper use use of the pps..
- mashrafes really got me worried.. the way he held his back everytime he hit a ball.. i cud tell he was in pain.. i'm worried abt him.. what if its serious.. what will we do??
- sum1 plz tell me why they sent him to bat today.. its not like we had any chance of winning.. y cudn't they have just sent rasel.. and then when he got out.. accept defeat.. mash needed rest.. he did not need to hit those balls.. coz they took a lot of forse and he was suffering..
-drop catches by mash, ash and missed catches which ought to have been taken in order to restore some stability in the match by mushy and sakib.. overall.. hmm.. not what i expected..ashs one looked easy.. mashs was neither easy nor tht difficult.. shud've been taken.. sakib got unlucky.. and goboy.. well..
-hoping for a better show next match by these guys..

Last edited by crikfreak; November 9, 2008 at 12:47 PM..
Old November 9, 2008, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpiper
In fact, IK was debuted against NZ in home series.
Right. Even then, it was too early for him. Albeit his first class and List A heroics, I think we're still setting the bar too low for newcomers. If we don't have someone exceptional in the reserves, then we might as well stick to the current bunch instead of going after the confidence and careers of our reserve players.

Besides, at this rate, we will never have a team packed with players in their late twenties.
Old November 9, 2008, 12:41 PM
ODI Cricketer

I hope that Mashrafee will play for 3rd ODI. While he was batting, he did not look good. He already missed the only twenty-twenty in this tour.
Old November 9, 2008, 12:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Right. Even then, it was too early for him. Albeit his first class and List A heroics, I think we're still setting the bar too low for newcomers. If we don't have someone exceptional in the reserves, then we might as well stick to the current bunch instead of going after the confidence and careers of our reserve players.

Besides, at this rate, we will never have a team packed with players in their late twenties.
I am with the fact that Imrul is called too early in the team. He should have been playing NCL now.

Anyway, as he is in the team, he has to be given his due opportunities. He should be in the team of Srilanka series as well. But as i said in other thread as well, he has to sit out from XI in the 3rd ODI for giving the team the opportunity to play an extra bowler. We can't make same mistake in 3 consecutive matches. We are a bowler short. With this bowling line up we are not giving ourselves fair chance to win.
Old November 9, 2008, 12:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Tea
I hope that Mashrafee will play for 3rd ODI. While he was batting, he did not look good. He already missed the only twenty-twenty in this tour.
But only if he is 110% fit. If there is any doubt that by playing in the 3rd ODI, the injury can come back, just rest him. Without Mashrafee, the test series can become joke. We need him badly in the tests.
Old November 9, 2008, 12:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
But only if he is 110% fit. If there is any doubt that by playing in the 3rd ODI, the injury can come back, just rest him. Without Mashrafee, the test series can become joke. We need him badly in the tests.
I fully agree.
Old November 9, 2008, 12:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

NatWest Series [South Africa in England], 2008
Matches - Photos (1) - Grounds - Records and statistics
1st ODI at Headingley, Leeds - Aug 22, 2008
England won by 20 runs
England 275/4 (50 ov); South Africa 255 (49.4 ov)

2nd ODI at Trent Bridge, Nottingham - Aug 26, 2008
England won by 10 wickets (with 215 balls remaining)
South Africa 83 (23 ov); England 85/0 (14.1 ov)

3rd ODI at Kennington Oval, London - Aug 29, 2008
England won by 126 runs
England 296/7 (50 ov); South Africa 170 (42.4 ov)

4th ODI at Lord's, London - Aug 31, 2008
England won by 7 wickets (with 14 balls remaining) (D/L method)
South Africa 183/6 (32.1/32.1 ov); England 137/3 (17.4/20 ov)

5th ODI at Sophia Gardens, Cardiff - Sep 3, 2008
No result
South Africa 6/1 (3/43 ov)

So should we still dream about beating England?
Old November 9, 2008, 01:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
So should we still dream about beating England?
Why not? We definitely have chance of beating them in our home soil.

Against SA, we have not got our bowling combination right. If you plan and bowl well you can penetrate to SA batting line-up which England did. What can you expect with the bowling line-up that we played in the 1st two ODIs? We are not giving ourselves better chances with proper bowlers.
Old November 9, 2008, 01:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
Why not? We definitely have chance of beating them in our home soil.

Against SA, we have not got our bowling combination right. If you plan and bowl well you can penetrate to SA batting line-up which England did. What can you expect with the bowling line-up that we played in the 1st two ODIs? We are not giving ourselves better chances with proper bowlers.
Chance is the keyword here .... we have chance to beat every team not only England but we don't win often... we are still not consistently competitive against other test teams...
Old November 9, 2008, 01:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Have Bangladesh ever played a agme without a spinner? The thought makes me shocked.
Old November 9, 2008, 01:40 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Roqibul shudhu edaning asha jaowa kortese. Bepar ki? girl problem?
Old November 9, 2008, 02:15 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Raquibul doesn't seem to have mentally recovered from his injury.
But today he was unlucky, so I want to see hil in 3rd odi.
He's a gutsy player.
Old November 9, 2008, 02:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

1. Team selection- Since when is Naem Islam a regular bowler? 3 bowlers? was this a 20/20?
2. Traditional Bangladeshi fielding-- No slips, let them score 1s, no 4s and 6s ( didnt work at all)
3. Bad opening combo- Imrul Kayes should be the 13th player not a national team player. If there are no openers left, Ashraful should bat. Junaed will shine once in a while.. let him get his act together in NCL
4. No Shahadat- On a pitch like SAs.. not having Shahadat is a crime. He was missed
5. Maturity- Still non-existent. We see flicks/sparks here there but NO Bangladeshi players are exceptional or had any clue how to win matches. Now you see the ICL effect of not having players like Nafees/Aftab/Alok/Rafique...compared to Naem/Imrul/Raqibul.
Old November 9, 2008, 02:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Imrul & Junaid are not up to this level I guess, we miss SN, AA & Nazim for their customary 20 runs, but yet better.
Truthfully, we miss Nafees, Aftab and Alok. Dropping Aftab for inconsistency begged the question why not Ashraful ?

Our best ODI side is:

Tamim
Nafees
Aftab
Rakibul
Ashraful
Alok
Sakib
Mushfiq [ maybe Dhiman ]
Razzak
Mashrafe
Rasel

So, we basically miss those three. Nafees, maybe not that much.
Old November 9, 2008, 03:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: No one yet.

I still belive Nazim was a much better contender for the opening spot with Tamim.. Than Junaid. Junaid bat swing looks rusty. And he always put pressure on Tamim by loosing his wicket.. Now this new loooser came in Kayes is just as worse.. Kayes and Junaid sealed the disaster for us with their dot ball craps. Tamim came and fired... thou he lost his wicket.. he gave us 41 valuable runz.. and a good run rate and momentum.. Junaid and Kayes killed that with their defensive strokes and dot balls... I don't thnk these batsmen have any clue how to bat.. including Ashraful. Ash is a disaster.. this guy shines once a year ... This is unacceptable.... How can u be in a national team and only come thru once every 15 games.. Pathetic
Old November 9, 2008, 03:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: No one yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imtiaz
Truthfully, we miss Nafees, Aftab and Alok. Dropping Aftab for inconsistency begged the question why not Ashraful ?

Our best ODI side is:

Tamim
Nafees
Aftab
Rakibul
Ashraful
Alok
Sakib
Mushfiq [ maybe Dhiman ]
Razzak
Mashrafe
Rasel

So, we basically miss those three. Nafees, maybe not that much.
I agree wid u brotha.. Aftab might have not played all that great recently.. but he still was a valuable asset for the team. So was Kapali. Ashraful needed to be dropped for inconsistency just like the rest.. but he manage to stay in the team cuz of his captain role.. which is not fair. I think after this series Bangladesh shud consider giving Ash the boot until he gets back in form. which i doubt will ever happen.
Old November 9, 2008, 03:46 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

we? I don't miss anyone. Bd comes before individual preference. গত দুই বছর দেখসি ওরা কি করতে পারে। আর দেখার সখ নাই আমার। দেশী সাব কনটিনেন্ট ব্যাটিং পিচে আলু মারে আর বিদেশে গিয়া কি করবে জানা আছে।

Last edited by Tigers_eye; November 9, 2008 at 03:51 PM..
Old November 9, 2008, 04:00 PM
Cricket Guru

As soon as Tamim got out i went to sleep... I expected BD to score atleast 260 ish....! So much for that! How embarrassing..
Old November 9, 2008, 10:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

বেদের বেটি জোসনা আমায় কথা দিয়েছে,
আসি আসি করেও জসনা ফাকি দিয়েছে।
Old November 10, 2008, 04:51 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

Just read the Cricinfo match report (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/rsavb...ry/377521.html)

I can't help thinking that if Amla had been a Bangladeshi batsman, there would have been more references to him being dropped early in his innings. Something like "Amla makes most of dropped catch".

Perhaps I'm just cynical...
Old November 10, 2008, 04:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haider
I still belive Nazim was a much better contender for the opening spot with Tamim.. Than Junaid. Junaid bat swing looks rusty. And he always put pressure on Tamim by loosing his wicket.. Now this new loooser came in Kayes is just as worse.. Kayes and Junaid sealed the disaster for us with their dot ball craps.
I disagree, nazim was clearly out of his depth in ODIs. He may have got better over time, but I doubt it. He's much better suited to twenty/20 cricket in the ICL (no team in the ICL bar the Lahore Badshahs is as good as an international side).

In fact, Shahriar Nafees is far better than nazimuddin...