facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 29, 2010, 11:00 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Lets not blame Mushy, Naeem. Our captain is doing a pretty bad job too with both batting and bowling. I think Alok should have been picked. Even if we look at the NCL and PCL records he is a worthy condidate for this format. and dunt worry too much, once Tamim returns, everythings gonna be alright anyways, i also think Mortaza should bat ahead of Naeem and Mushy in this case as he is more capabale of hitting than both of them

Old April 29, 2010, 11:03 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK420
Naeem is one of the worst chocker I have seen in the cricketing history. He is playing fpr two years and scored only one fifty in test and odi. He takes so long to just adjust to the crease and waits for the last few overs and by the meantime, the game is finished for BD. That one innings against Zimbabwe doesnt make him a hero, anyway it didnt matter much to us did it? We had already won the series.

The truth is that who serve for their country, the are the main people. Look at people like Sheikh Mujibur, Zia, Mahatma Gandhi. In cricket who are more famous, Sachin, Rahul, Azhar, and why not Kapil Dev. Thanks to players like Akram Khan, Rafique, Mahmud and others, we are playing cricket on a regular basis.

Thanks to player like Ash(His heroism) and HB's Captaincy, we are starting to reach a respectable position, that's why they are so famous in our heart. What is Naeem, a good for nothing cricketer who plays selfishly taking years to settle and comeon, he is not a big hitter, he can bowl as good as Mash , Shakib, Rafique, he is not a WK, he cannot play long innings, he cannot score 3 centuries against a single team in one row like SN, can he?

Naeem has done nothing for the country but his country is doing everything for him. He is getting large amount of fame by us and also huge amount of money, he is even representing us in the national level(For which we are under-represented), BUT HAS DONE NOTHING FOR OUR CRICKET.

IMO Naeem should be kicked out, and replaced by Dickens who is ten times better Naeem
Marked. For future reference.
Old April 29, 2010, 11:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain/Dale Steyn

anyone who can hit the ball like naeem did, the day that shakib won the game against sri lanka - deserves to be playing t20. he can hit, but as t20 is such a complex game - i think he just hasn't been able to launch. that's no reason to let him go.

the only reason why i'm not a hundred percent for dropping imrul is because he's made runs when no one else has. but sooner or later, he'll be dropped from t20. as of yet, he hasnt paced himself in a way that promises a challenge to bigger teams.

mushfiq definitely has the ability to hit, but i'm sure that he's been given the role of anchor in all of his innings. so i cant be harsh on him.

i don't know about jahurul though.
Old April 29, 2010, 12:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_yorker
yeah... And next time someone will say... Naeem for captain because he played brilliantly in some upcoming game.... Or imrul or mushfiq. I think they are fine... I doubted imrul but he is showing some character. As for alok, i think he is pretty good in 20/20. He should have been picked in place of aftab.

exactly ..
Old April 29, 2010, 01:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Let me tell you the truth, I agree that Mushy and Kayes are good but not Baikka Naeem.

Remember what John F kennedy told in his famous speech "Don't think about what your country has done for you, think about what you have done for your country".... This means that is very important to do something for your country.

Naeem is one of the worst chocker I have seen in the cricketing history. He is playing fpr two years and scored only one fifty in test and odi. He takes so long to just adjust to the crease and waits for the last few overs and by the meantime, the game is finished for BD. That one innings against Zimbabwe doesnt make him a hero, anyway it didnt matter much to us did it? We had already won the series.

The truth is that who serve for their country, the are the main people. Look at people like Sheikh Mujibur, Zia, Mahatma Gandhi. In cricket who are more famous, Sachin, Rahul, Azhar, and why not Kapil Dev. Thanks to players like Akram Khan, Rafique, Mahmud and others, we are playing cricket on a regular basis.

Thanks to player like Ash(His heroism) and HB's Captaincy, we are starting to reach a respectable position, that's why they are so famous in our heart. What is Naeem, a good for nothing cricketer who plays selfishly taking years to settle and comeon, he is not a big hitter, he can bowl as good as Mash , Shakib, Rafique, he is not a WK, he cannot play long innings, he cannot score 3 centuries against a single team in one row like SN, can he?

Naeem has done nothing for the country but his country is doing everything for him. He is getting large amount of fame by us and also huge amount of money, he is even representing us in the national level(For which we are under-represented), BUT HAS DONE NOTHING FOR OUR CRICKET.

IMO Naeem should be kicked out, and replaced by Dickens who is ten times better Naeem
I just cannot believe that you keep on repeating these unbelivably idiotic moronic remarks..where does he bat again? Ya at #8..do you really expect a #8 2 score a whole lot of 50's? Is that even his job? A #8 comes in and gets the extra runs needed..sometimes when the team is in trouble he comes in and rebuilds..the only real chance he got was against zimbabwe and look what he did..its just completely unfair that you keep on knocking on naeem for not scoring big..if he was up at #3 or 4 then I would say okay you have a point but he rarely has a chance 2 even face 50 deliveries..and hes a choker? Okay tell me the games where he has choked..and tell me what games he did so bad in that the team lost because of him..and 2 tell you the truth..if it takes him time 2 settle then that means he should come up the order and not be so low..SN is a pure **** batsman..i dont know why the hell your glorifying him so much..against real teams the guy s**ts his pants..and averages only 16 against test teams..you call that a good batsman? And your calling Naeem crap when he has a 31 average? Why the hell you are bringing what the country part in? I think thats completely out of context there..I dont care if you are a kid or not but these kind of comments just makes me think if you've even got a brain or not..
Old April 29, 2010, 01:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahidus200
i dont understand what the hell bcb thinking by not picking alok kopali for 2020 team . this 3 guys are lots worst player than alok kopali .this guy naeem he seems to be doesnt know how to play cricket sometimes. naeem has to remember this is 2020 , only 120 ball to play . even sometimes naeem knows that he has to hit but he dont even try sometimes . because he dont wanna get out . this is selfish cricket . i think alok kopali deserve a chance intead of this three player . and musfiq and kayes even tho they playing 2020 they think they playing 50 over game in west indies .
Why not bring your boy Aftab in 2 the discussion as well? What was his SR yesterday again? Oh ya 61..and what was his average in the NCL..ya it was worse then a lot of the bowlers..kinda sad actually..Imrul at least scored the most in the NCL for 2 years in a row and hit a 57 recently..Naeem is a good hitter also and I guess people do 4get at how he blasted the indian attack at the end last year..and mushy is the best keeper we've got and also is the most complete batsman we have..

alok had plenty of chances 2 prove himself in domestic comps..but what did he do? He failed as usual in the 4 days and OD's..and after the squad was selected he started performin in the T20's..and before we glorify him as the best T20 batsman in the country, lets see if he could ever handle the pace of the aussies or the pakis..
Old April 29, 2010, 02:32 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: iceman

bangladesh did well in 1st t20 wc bcaz we picked some new players. Zunaed and riyad are the discovery of that tournament. this tournament is really a golden chance to test some new talents. but our mighty shakib and siddons dont want to change the team. i prefer shakib out of the team or atleast bat at no.8
Old April 29, 2010, 03:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Why not bring your boy Aftab in 2 the discussion as well? What was his SR yesterday again? Oh ya 61..and what was his average in the NCL..ya it was worse then a lot of the bowlers..kinda sad actually..Imrul at least scored the most in the NCL for 2 years in a row and hit a 57 recently..Naeem is a good hitter also and I guess people do 4get at how he blasted the indian attack at the end last year..and mushy is the best keeper we've got and also is the most complete batsman we have..

alok had plenty of chances 2 prove himself in domestic comps..but what did he do? He failed as usual in the 4 days and OD's..and after the squad was selected he started performin in the T20's..and before we glorify him as the best T20 batsman in the country, lets see if he could ever handle the pace of the aussies or the pakis..
So, what miracle Ashraful did in recent 4 days or one days or even in T20 recently? what miracle Aftab did in recent T20 in domestic? Why are they in the squad? Does really performance count, if it does then how come these two in the squad? Alok has every right to be in the squad in this format above Ash and Aftab. If failure is the soul blame to not include Alok then Ash and Aftab is not by any means eligible to play for the national squad due to their recent failures.
Old April 29, 2010, 04:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Seriousky, what the hell has Alok ever done in a T20 match? And nothing about that retirement home league that's now defunct.
Old April 29, 2010, 05:09 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful♥Raqibul foreve

Quote:
Let me tell you the truth, I agree that Mushy and Kayes are good but not Baikka Naeem.

Remember what John F kennedy told in his famous speech "Don't think about what your country has done for you, think about what you have done for your country".... This means that is very important to do something for your country.

hey man i liked the way you wrote this article, good effort man. but i like naeem islam
Old April 29, 2010, 07:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
I just cannot believe that you keep on repeating these unbelivably idiotic moronic remarks..where does he bat again? Ya at #8..do you really expect a #8 2 score a whole lot of 50's? Is that even his job? A #8 comes in and gets the extra runs needed..sometimes when the team is in trouble he comes in and rebuilds..the only real chance he got was against zimbabwe and look what he did..its just completely unfair that you keep on knocking on naeem for not scoring big..if he was up at #3 or 4 then I would say okay you have a point but he rarely has a chance 2 even face 50 deliveries..and hes a choker? Okay tell me the games where he has choked..and tell me what games he did so bad in that the team lost because of him..and 2 tell you the truth..if it takes him time 2 settle then that means he should come up the order and not be so low..SN is a pure **** batsman..i dont know why the hell your glorifying him so much..against real teams the guy s**ts his pants..and averages only 16 against test teams..you call that a good batsman? And your calling Naeem crap when he has a 31 average? Why the hell you are bringing what the country part in? I think thats completely out of context there..I dont care if you are a kid or not but these kind of comments just makes me think if you've even got a brain or not..
yes naeem is a choker.... He made his test debut against new zealand, bangladesh were 210/6 and mr big shot naeem decided ill hit a six and got stumped off jeetan patel...thts one choking incident..
In the test series against england, he tried to hit a six again when the team needed him, but couldnt even clear the close in fielder..again choking..
In the 3rd ODI, he made 14 of 31 balls chasing 281, sucking up balls and then getting out like a retard just before powerplay...again choking..
And finally, hes the biggest conniving batsman ever, everytime he plays good, he either has nothing to lose or the team has already lost...eg. The sixes against india in t20 wc 2009, there was no mathematical chance of winning hence sixes came out, he couldnt repeat that feat. when required against ireland. The matchwinning innings agenst zimbos, series alredy won but fair play to him, but still i am not convinced by this guy. Also, "chokka" nayeem? Why is his strike rate below 70 in odi? Shouldnt it be atleast above 90 since he is such a big hitter.

I no your probably thinking ashraful and aftab are cjokers and all that bullcr*p, but you sed naeem doenst choke, but if anything hes the biggest choker of them all. SA have albie morkel, india have yusuf pathan, pakis have afridi and razzaq, australia have alot, west indies have pollard, zimbos have chigumbura.these are their finishing batsman....and who do we have? The smallest cricketer in international cricket...naeem..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old April 29, 2010, 07:56 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

guys calm down. do u must have to hate some one? this is crazy.

naeem is solid in test and ODI and he improved, no question of his retaining place in those format.

in 20/20, most of our players played a very few matches, so u cant judge them.

whatever match we played--- we have seen ash, aftab, alok, performed. tamim improved domestic matches but in world 20/20--his record is not that good, even shakib is flop in this format.

kayes doing good
junaed seems flop--after first match heroics
so is nazimuddin---flop after first matches

its not right time to judge naeem. let him play few more matches, then u can judge his performances
Old April 29, 2010, 08:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
So, what miracle Ashraful did in recent 4 days or one days or even in T20 recently? what miracle Aftab did in recent T20 in domestic? Why are they in the squad? Does really performance count, if it does then how come these two in the squad? Alok has every right to be in the squad in this format above Ash and Aftab. If failure is the soul blame to not include Alok then Ash and Aftab is not by any means eligible to play for the national squad due to their recent failures.
I dont think ash and aftab should be in the squad either..ash's game has completely gone down the drain and aftab has always been a pure faltu batsman..I dont know why people cant live without having at least 1 of these 3 players in the squad..alok is really no better then these 2..siddons does seem 2 like him but to be fair the guy has not performed well in the domestic competitions and the T20 league was just 2 late 2 show anything..shuvogoto deserves 2 be in the squad ahead of alok and so does jahurul..just because some non performers are in the team doesnt mean we should just go like "oh ok lets get some other non performer bhua batsmen in the team 2 make it fair..its time 2 move on from these 3..unless they have largely improved their games they should not be considered again..but i know with these selectors they will continue 2 select bhua aftab and ash..i still rate ash higher then aftab and alok but still dont think hes good either..
Old April 29, 2010, 08:01 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Quote:

\

thats too harsh. though i support dicken's inclusion but not in expense of naeem. if faisal is selected, he should be selected in test team.

if alok is selected--he should be selected in 20/20
nazimuddin--more like a test and 20/20 batsman.
if saqlain sajib is selected--should be in test team--where they are proven
same with shohrawardi shuvo--i think he is more suited for longer version, atleast his record says that.

u have to know the difference between test, ODi and 20/20 and select players based on that
Old April 29, 2010, 08:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by camrul786
yes naeem is a choker.... He made his test debut against new zealand, bangladesh were 210/6 and mr big shot naeem decided ill hit a six and got stumped off jeetan patel...thts one choking incident..
In the test series against england, he tried to hit a six again when the team needed him, but couldnt even clear the close in fielder..again choking..
In the 3rd ODI, he made 14 of 31 balls chasing 281, sucking up balls and then getting out like a retard just before powerplay...again choking..
And finally, hes the biggest conniving batsman ever, everytime he plays good, he either has nothing to lose or the team has already lost...eg. The sixes against india in t20 wc 2009, there was no mathematical chance of winning hence sixes came out, he couldnt repeat that feat. when required against ireland. The matchwinning innings agenst zimbos, series alredy won but fair play to him, but still i am not convinced by this guy. Also, "chokka" nayeem? Why is his strike rate below 70 in odi? Shouldnt it be atleast above 90 since he is such a big hitter.

I no your probably thinking ashraful and aftab are cjokers and all that bullcr*p, but you sed naeem doenst choke, but if anything hes the biggest choker of them all. SA have albie morkel, india have yusuf pathan, pakis have afridi and razzaq, australia have alot, west indies have pollard, zimbos have chigumbura.these are their finishing batsman....and who do we have? The smallest cricketer in international cricket...naeem..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Ya your going with a guy debuting a test first of all, 2nd of all that NZ game wasnt a choke job at all..when i think of choking, I think of a guy who with the game on the line makes a costly decision and cant step up to the plate..here it was just the 1st innings..the england test okay I will give you credit 4 that 1..and that england ODI the game was pretty much in englands hands so cant say naeem choked there but okay 2 be fair I'll give you that 1..but biggest choker of all time? Ash and Aftab when needed has failed way more time then delivered and your saying that he chokes more then those 2? From the games hes played hes choked in only 2 matches and you guys are saying hes the biggest choker? Thats just ridiculous..
Old April 29, 2010, 08:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru-party
bangladesh did well in 1st t20 wc bcaz we picked some new players. Zunaed and riyad are the discovery of that tournament. this tournament is really a golden chance to test some new talents. but our mighty shakib and siddons dont want to change the team. i prefer shakib out of the team or atleast bat at no.8
It was because of Shakib's bowling, Ash's and Aftab's batting against the Windies that BD progresses, stroke of good luck.
Old April 29, 2010, 08:38 PM
Cricket Sage

This thread reminds me of this thread.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=28850
Old April 29, 2010, 09:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
do you really expect a #8 2 score a whole lot of 50's? Is that even his job? A #8 comes in and gets the extra runs needed..sometimes when the team is in trouble he comes in and rebuilds.
So, the job of no#8 is to score some quick runs. What is Naeem's Strike Rate in ODI? It is 66.04.
Counter argument can be, he had to rebuild innings when top order fails. In that case we should have seen more 50s from him instead of just 1.

Quote:
your calling Naeem crap when he has a 31 average?
Out of 29 innings he played in ODIs, he was Not out 13 times. This contributed to his average. How many times Naeem has even crossed 30 runs in ODI? Only 3 times out of 29 innings. So, his average does not present the real scenario.

Naeem's ODI record - Match by match list

I want nayeem to be given a fair chance in top order (specially in ODI/T20) to prove himself as a batsman. Right now he is getting away with excuses like not having enough opportunity.
Old April 29, 2010, 10:07 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
So, the job of no#8 is to score some quick runs. What is Naeem's Strike Rate in ODI? It is 66.04.
Counter argument can be, he had to rebuild innings when top order fails. In that case we should have seen more 50s from him instead of just 1.
Once you see the top order get collapsed so cheaply as ever does with bangladesh, you dont really have that psychological push to score 100s 50s batting at #8. Bottomline you literally cant judge a batsman and his strength playing him no 8. Naeem just isnt being used effectively in the team as theres no place for him it seems like. He should be batting in the top order (or middle atleast cuz hes a batsman right) but since we already have so many batsman and considering we just cant get enough of the likes of Ash and Aftab so much so that we continue to play them after so many failures, players like Naeem and co arent being used to their full potential.

Quote:
Out of 29 innings he played in ODIs, he was Not out 13 times. This contributed to his average. How many times Naeem has even crossed 30 runs in ODI? Only 3 times out of 29 innings. So, his average does not present the real scenario.
counter argument could be those so many not outs suggests how less of a chance he got to prove himself ? When is a batsman usually not out ? coming to bat when your team batting first with only 4 5 deliveries to spare ? and you tell him to prove himself ? WITH WHAT ?

Quote:
I want nayeem to be given a fair chance in top order (specially in ODI/T20) to prove himself as a batsman. Right now he is getting away with excuses like not having enough opportunity.
same here ,first give him ENOUGH chances to prove himself and then criticize all you want. Infact i will join the party then.
Old April 29, 2010, 10:26 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: $hakib Al Ha$an

we needed alok kapali, Mohammed rafiq, khaled masud pilot for this t20 world cup...
Old April 29, 2010, 10:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards
counter argument could be those so many not outs suggests how less of a chance he got to prove himself ? When is a batsman usually not out ? coming to bat when your team batting first with only 4 5 deliveries to spare ? and you tell him to prove himself ? WITH WHAT ?

The whole point of argument about Nayeem in this thread is about his ability in T20 format as a lower middle order. His ODI Strike Rate was referenced here as it points out that he is not an explosive batsman. But a #7 or #8 in T20 must be able to hit big.

I am not saying he should be out of the team for all format. But he has shown enough evidence of not being a good T20 middle order.

Lets look at his scores in practice matches.

Against Barbados:
He came to the crease at 16.1 over, scored 9* from 10 balls without any boundary. Another example of his trade mark "not out" innings.
Against England: He came to crease at 10.3 overs, scored 9 from 12 balls, again without any boundary. Different scenario compare to the 1st match, but same outcome.

As of other format, I have already mentioned that he should be promoted in the batting order.
Old April 29, 2010, 11:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
The whole point of argument about Nayeem in this thread is about his ability in T20 format as a lower middle order. His ODI Strike Rate was referenced here as it points out that he is not an explosive batsman. But a #7 or #8 in T20 must be able to hit big.

I am not saying he should be out of the team for all format. But he has shown enough evidence of not being a good T20 middle order.

Against Barbados:
He came to the crease at 16.1 over, scored 9* from 10 balls without any boundary. Another example of his trade mark "not out" innings.
Against England: He came to crease at 10.3 overs, scored 9 from 12 balls, again without any boundary. Different scenario compare to the 1st match, but same outcome.

As of other format, I have already mentioned that he should be promoted in the batting order.
Then you can make the case that all of our batsmen will struggle in T20s right? I mean why are we just beating up on naeem? Look at the way shakib is batting..yes hes a bowler 1st but his batting is important and hes doing awful with the bat..aftab was dismal against england and was horrible in the NCL..ash is scoring but his SR is right around where naeem is..and if your using just 2 games as evidence 4 success in T20's then thats really not enough evidence..you need a whole lot more then that..i dont know why people are discounting his score against india..yes it was when the team was losing but give credit where credit is due..also who would you want at #8? Anyways lets watch the pakistan and australia match and then lets talk..
Old April 29, 2010, 11:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

Against Barbados:

First of all naeem can hit better than aftab and mushfiq. Again I would say you being a little harsh with those stats. Even Ashraful has an average of 18 something and people say it doesnt do justice to him ? well thats because he failed numerous times. Somedays he (naeem) would come out in the crease to rebuild an innings after the collapse of top order, other times he would just come to face 2 3 deliveries where he has to hit the ball out of the park.
So those stats could be misleading and especially so because he bats at #8 and the TEAM being Bangladesh

Im not trying to say you're wrong. You might be right i just dont agree with your statement where you said "theres enough eveidence", there isnt as im suggesting those stats arent so reliable in context to his abilities.

P.S i wonder where he got his nickname of *chokka Naeem* from if he cant hit the ball hard enough ? He must have done something in the domestic level that earned him the name .. just a consideration.
Old April 29, 2010, 11:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards
First of all naeem can hit better than aftab and mushfiq. Again I would say you being a little harsh with those stats. Even Ashraful has an average of 18 something and people say it doesnt do justice to him ? well thats because he failed numerous times. Somedays he (naeem) would come out in the crease to rebuild an innings after the collapse of top order, other times he would just come to face 2 3 deliveries where he has to hit the ball out of the park.
So those stats could be misleading and especially so because he bats at #8 and the TEAM being Bangladesh

Im not trying to say you're wrong. You might be right i just dont agree with your statement where you said "theres enough eveidence", there isnt as im suggesting those stats arent so reliable in context to his abilities.

P.S i wonder where he got his nickname of *chokka Naeem* from if he cant hit the ball hard enough ? He must have done something in the domestic level that earned him the name .. just a consideration.
finally someone talking some sense..agree with whatever you've said about naeem..also I thin naeem got the name in domestic competition..1 time in a DPL OD game he hit six 6's in an over..
Old April 30, 2010, 06:17 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib, SN, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru-party
Shakib is BD's one man army, even for a batsmen. He can bat under pressure, its is captaincy that is exerting such huge pressure on him.However he is dissapointing, but will make up for it