facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 28, 2018, 11:55 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

They complain about not having a quality leggie and then they ignore the 2 leggies we have in our system that are still very young and promising...

Old October 28, 2018, 12:05 PM

@aklemalp: what can you tell us about Sherfane Rutherford? I remember he scored a 100 in GT20 earlier this year.
Old October 28, 2018, 12:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
@aklemalp: what can you tell us about Sherfane Rutherford? I remember he scored a 100 in GT20 earlier this year.
Natural strokemaker...he's not a guy to whack every ball over the ropes. Bats like Shimron..but he muscles it more though.

I saw him taking TT bowlers apart in CPL. He is more 360 player than Shimron.
Old October 28, 2018, 12:15 PM
Cricket Savant

Check this out:

Old October 28, 2018, 12:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by zura
As for "simple economics". I will have you know that in BPL, Bangladeshi players are more in demand than foreigners. That's why they reduced the number of foreign players allowed. It's just that the so called franchises can get away with the nonsense with local players.
LOL what?? NO. There may be more demand for Bangladeshi player as a value. You can write all about what you feel.. I look at the numbers and then I judge. It has more merit that way. No body wanted mushfique at 1 crore 20 lakh - which is a meager 140K USD. And this guy is one of the best batsman in the country. The franchises were ok not picking him at that value. This is called supply demand and simple economics.

Mushfique is within his rights to opt out. Just like any foreign players can opt out if they don't like the money that's on the table.

the smart ones are signing up in private so u are not privy to what they agreed to. they are getting less than u all think they are.. warner abd. they aint making anywhere close to what they are at ipl.. probably at 1/5th at best.

anyways Mushfique is a great batsman and a true patriot but he is a dumbass for sure.
Old October 28, 2018, 12:29 PM
Cricket Legend

but i agree to some extent in the past some of the foreign players were payed too much as they got caught in the euphoria of bidding.. ie that pakistani hack - Afridi.
Old October 29, 2018, 03:12 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
LOL what?? NO. There may be more demand for Bangladeshi player as a value. You can write all about what you feel.. I look at the numbers and then I judge. It has more merit that way. No body wanted mushfique at 1 crore 20 lakh - which is a meager 140K USD. And this guy is one of the best batsman in the country. The franchises were ok not picking him at that value. This is called supply demand and simple economics.

Mushfique is within his rights to opt out. Just like any foreign players can opt out if they don't like the money that's on the table.

the smart ones are signing up in private so u are not privy to what they agreed to. they are getting less than u all think they are.. warner abd. they aint making anywhere close to what they are at ipl.. probably at 1/5th at best.

anyways Mushfique is a great batsman and a true patriot but he is a dumbass for sure.
Firstly give some reason on why Mushfiqur (that's how you spell it) is "a dumbass for sure". You wanna accuse someone of something, better give reason and proof.

As for money, nobody who will watch BPL gives a $_hit about the teams or foreigners who play in it (maybe aside from Gayle and de Villiers). It will be the local players that get them interested in the teams and support them.

The local players are paid less because they are exploited by the teams and BCB will not give them chances to play elsewhere. None of Shakib, Tamim, Mahmudullah or Mushfiq wil be given a NOC by BCB during BPL to play in let's say a league like BBL (which has similar starting date). Even in the DPL and other domestic cricket leagues, the teams are given more power than the players themselves.

If Mushfiq opts out, he can't play anywhere during the BPL season and same goes for every other Bangladeshi player.

A smart man (which you aren't) will clearly see the problem. The top Bangladeshi players are being put into the A+ category and given to teams instead of allowing them to negotiate for themselves. But then again you have zero idea about how BPL draft works and yet present yourself as an expert.

Oh and for the "Pakistani hack", he was last season's top 5 wicket taker by playing just above half the number of games as the others.
Old October 29, 2018, 07:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

If Mushfiq opts out, he can't play anywhere during the BPL season and same goes for every other Bangladeshi player.

stop talking out of your ***. Tell me one league who was interested in signing up mushfique in last 1 decade. The number is ZERO. So where exactly is he gonna play with that NOC? He is getting signed because it's BPL otherwise he would be unemployed. So stop talking about someone is taking advantage of him. I think the numbers you guys see from other tournaments are messing up your head on reality. Tell me a single Bangladeshi player talking about money they are being given in BPL beside Mushfique or had trouble getting signed up? Our best batsman barely made a team in our own league prior to the draft.. speaks volume about Mushfique.

you are missing the whole point about foreign players. I personally watch BPL to see how our local players perform at somewhat of an international standard. Taht's where good overseas players are important - to elevate the quality of the game. Otherwise we can all be watching our other local leagues. IPL doesn't need foreign players either but it does to give the league a superior credibility.

Again you have tendency to talk big a lot here on any subject matter like a 3rd grader bully. No brain analyze just jumps up and down and make noise.

Mushfique's lack of intelligencee is well documented throughout his career via his occasional emotional outbursts.
Old October 29, 2018, 07:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Oh and for the "Pakistani hack", he was last season's top 5 wicket taker by playing just above half the number of games as the others.
still a hack. doesn't justify the price he gets paid. I remember in the beginning he managed to get some 700K in auction - just ridiculous. in frist BPL.

so yes this foreign hack has been getting overpaid over our value Bangladeshi picks.
Old October 29, 2018, 09:14 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
stop talking out of your ***. Tell me one league who was interested in signing up mushfique in last 1 decade. The number is ZERO. So where exactly is he gonna play with that NOC? He is getting signed because it's BPL otherwise he would be unemployed. So stop talking about someone is taking advantage of him. I think the numbers you guys see from other tournaments are messing up your head on reality. Tell me a single Bangladeshi player talking about money they are being given in BPL beside Mushfique or had trouble getting signed up? Our best batsman barely made a team in our own league prior to the draft.. speaks volume about Mushfique.

you are missing the whole point about foreign players. I personally watch BPL to see how our local players perform at somewhat of an international standard. Taht's where good overseas players are important - to elevate the quality of the game. Otherwise we can all be watching our other local leagues. IPL doesn't need foreign players either but it does to give the league a superior credibility.

Again you have tendency to talk big a lot here on any subject matter like a 3rd grader bully. No brain analyze just jumps up and down and make noise.

Mushfique's lack of intelligencee is well documented throughout his career via his occasional emotional outbursts.
Mushfiq's T20 performance only improved this year due to Bangladesh playing more T20 games. You ask how he has been taken advantage of! The same way the rest of the star Bangladeshi players are. Players like Gayle, Villiers, Hales and such can negotiate their contract outside of the draft while players like Shakib, Tamim, Mustafizur, Mushfiq can't. That's how players are being exploited.

I am being given lesson on intelligence by a guy who can't spell intelligence right. There were no emotional outbursts from Mushfiq. Of course he gets to express his displeasure on the most disrespectful way Papon took the captaincy from him, even though he is our most successful test captain.

And if you watch BPL to see how our local players are doing, you would know that Mushfiq has done quite well in it. Also, you might want to put some of your own analysis before you ask others to do so. Making stupid accusations and comments about players doesn't count as an analysis.

As for Afridi, if he performs the way he does, he gets paid like that. He doesn't need to be a "bideshi" to earn more money but put in good performances.
Old October 29, 2018, 10:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
That's how players are being exploited.
BPL payments are backed by BCB. So they can have a say in it. You can negotiate to millions all you want - if no payments are made - then it's a league that will cease to exist and it's on BCB to pay that monehy. that's what happened in BPL 1. payment issues. And that's why many foreigners didn't want to come. And guess what .. it was Mushfique who was voicing not getting paid that time as well (well within his rights).

Sometimes - things are done for good. 140K USD for a month of cricket for a BD player is good money. You can not compare this with other more lucrative leagues. The league has to be sustainable and the companies backing them have to see value (via money and brand recognition). Bangladesh market doesn't carry as much weight as India when it comes that. And some other non indian leagues can afford higher pay is because the standard of living is higheer thus the value of customers to a compnay is much higher. Hope that is clear.

I would love to have our Bangladeshi players get in million likle the indians but that's not reality. Market dictates. I disagree with that they are being taken advantage of. No one is forcing any players to participate. it's voluntary. So can not be exploitation. The whole group of players can decide if the money is not enough and not participate then the leauge will either disappear, play on without them or go higher pay if sustainable. that's how the world works.

Mushfique eka chilla chilli kore kichui hobe na. He is just another player, an employee, replaceable and expendable even though he may have a strong sense of entitlement. And that's why he has those crying outburst on BPL 2 season ago. it's pathetic.
Old October 29, 2018, 04:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

assuming bpl fantasy coming up
Old October 29, 2018, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Natural strokemaker...he's not a guy to whack every ball over the ropes. Bats like Shimron..but he muscles it more though.

I saw him taking TT bowlers apart in CPL. He is more 360 player than Shimron.
Thats good to know! Looking forward to seeing him play.
Old October 30, 2018, 03:56 AM
Cricket Legend

IDumb makes a point. However, one small mistake: in the last decade he did take part in SPL.

And at Zaur. Mushfiqur was a horrible captain. Most of the matches won was due to players performing, not because of his leadership. It's sad that they stripped one modon out of captaincy and replaced with another modon.
Old October 30, 2018, 11:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
IDumb makes a point. However, one small mistake: in the last decade he did take part in SPL.

And at Zaur. Mushfiqur was a horrible captain. Most of the matches won was due to players performing, not because of his leadership. It's sad that they stripped one modon out of captaincy and replaced with another modon.
Mushy also played in PSL.
Old October 30, 2018, 12:36 PM
Cricket Legend

^ yeah that too. His demand in IPL might not be there but those lesser quality leagues still looks for him
Old October 30, 2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
^ yeah that too. His demand in IPL might not be there but those lesser quality leagues still looks for him
Plus Mushy only started performing in T20s this year (from Nidhas Trophy).. before that was beyond terrible. If he can keep on performing like this.. he will get more interested from foreign leagues
Old October 30, 2018, 03:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
Thats good to know! Looking forward to seeing him play.
Same here...his first foray into the international franchise other than the Caribbean. He will be playing in the T20s in the ongoing Windies series against India...so might see if he has it in him...or a bust
Old October 30, 2018, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Same here...his first foray into the international franchise other than the Caribbean. He will be playing in the T20s in the ongoing Windies series against India...so might see if he has it in him...or a bust
Looks like our BPL team picked quite a few players from the current T20 squad. Good on them for going for talent over big names... only wish Shimron was available..
Old November 1, 2018, 12:09 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin
BDFlag 2019 BPL Teams

Ctg VikingsComilla VictoriansDhaka DynamitesKhula TitansRajshahi KingsRangpur RidersSylhet Sixers
Mushfiqur RahimTamim IqbalShakib Al HasanMahmudullahMustafizur RahmanMashrafe MortazaNasir Hossain
Sunzamul IslamImrul KayesRubel HossainAriful HaqueMominul HaqueNazmul IslamSabbir Rahman
Mosaddek HossainMd SaifuddinNurul HasanNazmul Hossain ShantoMehedi HasanMd MithunLiton Das
Abu JayedAbu HiderRony TalukdarJahurul IslamZakir HasanShafiul IslamAfif Hossain
Khaled AhmedAnamul HaqueShuvagata HomShoriful IslamSoumya SarkarShohag GaziTaskin Ahmed
Nayeem HasanMahedi HasanQazi OnikTaijul IslamFazle MahmudFarhad RezaAl-Amin Hossain
Md AshrafulZiaur RahmanMizanur RahmanAl AminArafat SunnyMehedi MarufTowhid Hridoy
Robiul HaqueMosharraf HossainAsif HasanSubashis RoyAlauddin BabuNahidul IslamNabil Samad
Yasir AliMd ShahidShahadat HossainJunaid SiddiqueMarshall AyubNadif ChowdhuryEbadat Hossain
NihaduzzamanShamsur RahmanMd NaimTanvir IslamKamrul Islam RabbiAbul HasanAlok Kapali
Shadman IslamSanjit SahaMohor SheikhMahidul Islam Ankon Fardin HossainJaker Ali
      Mehedi Hasan Rana
Luke Ronchi (NZ)Waqar Salmakheil (AFG)Hazratullah Zazai (AFG)Zahir Khan (AFG)Md Sami (PAK)AB de Villiers (SA)David Warner (AUS)
Dasun Shanaka (SL)Liam Dawson (ENG)Ian Bell (ENG)Lasith Malinga (SL)Qais Ahmad (AFG)Rilee Rossouw (SA)Gulbadin Naib (AFG)
Sikandar Raza (AFG)Evin Lewis (WI)Andrew Birch (SA)Yasir Shah (PAK)Christiaan Jonker (SA)Chris Gayle (WI)Sandeep Lamichane (NPL)
Najibullah Zadran (AFG)Asela Gunaratne (SL)Andre Russell (WI)Brendan Taylor (ZIM)Laurie Evans (ENG)Oshane Thomas (WI)Pat Brown (ENG)
Md Shahzad (AFG)Thisara Perera (SL)Kieron Pollard (WI)Ali Khan (US)Ryan ten Doeschate (NED)Alex Hales (ENG)Sohail Tanvir (PAK)
Robert Frylinck (SA)Shoaib Malik (PAK)Sunil Narine (WI)Dawid Malan (ENG)Isuru Udana (SL)Ravi Bopara (ENG)Md Irfan (PAK)
Cameron Delport (SA)Shahid Afridi (PAK)Rovman Powell (WI)Sherfane Rutherford (WI)Seekkuge Prasanna (SL)Benny Howell (ENG)Andre Fletcher (WI)
 Aamer Yamin (PAK) Carlos Brathwaite (WI)  Fabian Allen (WI)
      Nicolas Pooran (WI)

# of BAN players = 77
# of WI players = 12
# of AFG/ ENG players = 8
# of PAK players = 7
# of SL/ SA players = 6
# of AUS/ NZ/ NPL/ NED players = 1
Old November 1, 2018, 12:49 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
BPL payments are backed by BCB. So they can have a say in it. You can negotiate to millions all you want - if no payments are made - then it's a league that will cease to exist and it's on BCB to pay that monehy. that's what happened in BPL 1. payment issues. And that's why many foreigners didn't want to come. And guess what .. it was Mushfique who was voicing not getting paid that time as well (well within his rights).

Sometimes - things are done for good. 140K USD for a month of cricket for a BD player is good money. You can not compare this with other more lucrative leagues. The league has to be sustainable and the companies backing them have to see value (via money and brand recognition). Bangladesh market doesn't carry as much weight as India when it comes that. And some other non indian leagues can afford higher pay is because the standard of living is higheer thus the value of customers to a compnay is much higher. Hope that is clear.

I would love to have our Bangladeshi players get in million likle the indians but that's not reality. Market dictates. I disagree with that they are being taken advantage of. No one is forcing any players to participate. it's voluntary. So can not be exploitation. The whole group of players can decide if the money is not enough and not participate then the leauge will either disappear, play on without them or go higher pay if sustainable. that's how the world works.

Mushfique eka chilla chilli kore kichui hobe na. He is just another player, an employee, replaceable and expendable even though he may have a strong sense of entitlement. And that's why he has those crying outburst on BPL 2 season ago. it's pathetic.
You are just completely stupid, aren't you! Highest fees for foreign players $200,00 while the star Bangladeshi players get 70% of that. All these payments are backed by BCB. That's exploitation since these Bangladeshi players will not get a NOC to play in any other T20 league during BPL. It doesn't need to be equal to the Indians, but surely the highest bracket for BPL should also have them ($200,000).

Tomake Mushfiq ki korse, autograph ki dei nai je atto raag. Are you Indian because I have only seen such dislike for Mushfiq from Indians because he tweeted about India losing the T20 World Cup semi-final to West Indies.
Old November 25, 2018, 12:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Old November 25, 2018, 02:10 PM
ODI Cricketer

Why so few games in Sylhet?
Old November 25, 2018, 04:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

No mighty 12 year old spinners from Afghanista!!
Old November 25, 2018, 06:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

This schedule is silly.
Why there are two games in Mirpur? There are three studium around Dhaka
Why they don't use Khulna as a new venue?

These organisers have very little common sense