facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 11, 2016, 08:42 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shabbir and Taskin.

First of all, Politics is not my cup of tea. So I didnt care much about the US election. But Bangladesh social media surely did..lol . And as a part of the fb social gathering I want to share my piece of cake here about the result of just finished US presidential race. Well, I hoped Hillary would win although I wasn't too exited about anything much as I stated before. But Trump did win, Americans decided upon Trump.

What i felt, Modi;s, Brexit and Trump's election are on similar grounds. People, all over the world are of similar nature. Behaviour differs only on circustances and situation of the time.
American minorities now will feel how Bangladeshi minorities feel when majority voted for Bnp, despite Khaledas anti minority speech and Jamaat despite their history of anti minority campaigns..
Even now if a pure fair election take place in Bangladesh, We know who will win..
I have heard one of my once 10 students batch coaching teacher saying, 'Jammat killed hindus in 1971, so it's alright or less 'sinful' work to do so' in front one of his HINDU student..(probably he forgot for a moment that one student was not from a mainstream Bangladeshi community aka Muslim Bengali or he was just careless and naive)
So don't say Americans are stupid and backward conservative when radical nationalism is a thing in the world now. First it started in mid east when conservative parties started to win back the government, Now it is following up to Europe to America. It's majority's nature to defame the less numbered.

At the end, as Rifat vai stated, Here is to hoping Trump pre-election was just a running joke just to get votes and he is not really what he says and does the right things. And he will be at least not as bad as we thought.

#USElection #Trump #Hillary
_

Old November 11, 2016, 12:01 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Day 1 in Trump's America

https://twitter.com/i/moments/796417517157830656

just read through this...
Old November 11, 2016, 12:05 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Old November 11, 2016, 01:29 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Read a lot of those yesterday. I'm hoping it's all fakes. But highly doubt it. That Ahmed tweet with 4 pic, top left, bottom right paints a pic. Really, even the kids? Bullying was its highestate post 9/11 in schools. Past 4-5 years it has gone done. We got along with everyone. Next generation will head back into that gutter because of their parents, who were kids in school post 9/11... sigh. And that's the saddest part.
Old November 11, 2016, 02:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Two wrongs does not make it right. As much as I despise Hillary and DNC, Trump's rhetoric is and has been extremely dangerous(for all people, not just Muslims), but then again he probably exposed what has been kept hidden for a long time to begin with, these people just found a platform to spread their hate.

Any outsider candidate besides Trump and Hillary would have been good. 4 years is a really long time. The damage has already been done. we just have to be patient and do our best to uplift the mood and eradicate the racism that pervades us in our daily lives.

I smell another civil war and it ain't looking pretty . It won't look pretty in the history books for certain.
Old November 11, 2016, 03:00 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I found it hilarious that some of these self hating brown people were rooting for this terrorist. Like really? You'd be the first in line to get your *** kicked out.
Old November 11, 2016, 04:00 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Old November 11, 2016, 04:31 PM
Cricket Sage

From facebook: (Author: Daniel Haqiqatjou)

https://www.facebook.com/haqiqatjou/...111096307604:0

Quote:
The Misdirection of Fear
Has Trump emboldened racists? Certainly. But was he the only one? Is he the primary culprit?
Have you heard of the FBI's Entrapment program? If not, read the comments for a description. Entrapment can be understood as manufacturing terrorism, basically creating terror suspects and then loudly and publicly arresting and trying them. The FBI, Obama's Justice Department, and the liberal mainstream media worked hand in hand over the past 8 years to perfect this system of manufacturing terrorism and manufacturing fear in the public. Fear for Muslims.
So was it Trump that created an atmosphere of fear and suspicion and hatred against Muslims? Or did Trump simply resonate with a public that had already been stoked by 8 years of Obama policy? What share of the blame does Obama get for emboldening racists?
Step 1: The biggest driver of anti-Muslim bigotry has always been this idea of "Islamic terrorism" (an idea created by Zionists well before 9/11). Whatever feeds into this idea of "Islamic terror" directly contributes to anti-Muslim animus and emboldens racists.
Step 2: ISIS obviously has done more in the last few years to contribute to these fears. What created ISIS? What drives ISIS terror?
Step 3: Even the FBI acknowledges in their own reporting that what motivates Muslim terrorists is US military atrocities inflicted upon Muslim countries.
Step 4: Therefore, doesn't it logically follow that US military atrocities in the Muslim world feed terrorist backlash which in turn feeds anti-Muslim bigotry and hate?
So who has been gleefully responsible for these atrocities for the past 8 years? Who has overseen the destruction of countries like Libya and Yemen? Who has terrorized Afghanistan, Somalia, and Pakistan with incessant drone murder? Who has armed Israel with the largest ever gift of $38 billion in "aid" that will be used to further slaughter Palestinians and occupy their land? And on and on.
Was it Trump who did all this? What share of the blame does Obama get for emboldening racists?
Shifting gears now, we know that economic distress heightens racial tensions, as the white majority takes out their frustrations on minorities. Who was responsible for dramatically increasing the wealth gap between the richest and poorest Americans over the past 8 years? Who was responsible for allowing Wall Street to face ZERO consequences for its central role in causing the economic crisis that brought this nation to its knees? Who was responsible for enacting an ineffectual response to the Health Care crisis that continues to economically cripple (formerly) middle class families?
Was it Trump? What share of the blame does Obama get for emboldening racists?
The modern police state is certainly a prime driver of "racial tension," is it not? Who created this police state? Who militarized the modern American police department with tanks, automatic weapons, body armor, and military training? It wasn't Bush. It wasn't Trump who authorized the transfer of millions of dollars of military equipment to police departments around the country, despite the strong evidence that such militarization feeds the police brutality that is responsible for the violence and murder being inflicted on the black community and other people of color.
What share of the blame does Obama get for emboldening racists?
Unfortunately, partisan politics is what misdirects us from the causes. This is counterproductive and it is dangerous. Where were the emergency meetings and support groups when all these things were taking place throughout Obama's tenure?
If you may recall, many were encouraging the Muslim community to trust the President, to accept his "countering violence" programs, to not raise questions about the very policies that directly and indirectly fed the anti-Muslim animus that is now being pinned on Trump's election, for which emergency meetings and community activism are legion.
Does the cruel irony not sting?
Old November 11, 2016, 05:29 PM
Cricket Legend

I am not saying you have 2 like Trump and his policies,just respect his mandate,as it was a pretty thorough win.
It wasn't just Clinton who was rejected but Obamas mandate.
I am a bit non plussed what a Trump presidency will mean,will it mean the end of ANZUS I dunno.
I gather trade deals will be under pressure,no TPP,which I don't mind.
The US trade pact with Australia wasn't good for us,so no loss,we will be better off throwing our weight behind a EU trade pact.
As for Americans I do fear its not good.
Both sides have been awful after the Trump win,neither cover themselves in glory.
Old November 11, 2016, 05:31 PM
Cricket Legend

oops error.
Old November 11, 2016, 06:01 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

This wasn't just any normal of an election. We literally picked a monster. Forget about policies! Kids wouldn't have cried, people wouldn't have been fearful of their lives, so many people wouldn't have been shell shocked, including many Reps (like that video I posted above). If McCain/Romney would've won! Or even when Bush was elected the 2nd time.
Old November 11, 2016, 06:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Look I don't like it,neither did I like Clinton,but he has a madndate.Fact is Bernie Sanders excited the base and should have been the candidate,instead the left wanted a woman,and they chose the wrong man or woman.
Old November 11, 2016, 06:15 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ no doubt about it. I blame DNC/Wasserman for ****ing the World in .....

I said this in July. If Trump wins, it all falls on wasserman
Old November 11, 2016, 07:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

The Democrats got what they deserved, they helped and cheated a crooked establishment corporatist to the nomination, when it belonged to Bernie and not Hillary.

To beat a populist you need another populist, this was Sanders election and the DNC stole it from him and lost to a clown.

Time to clean house, here's to hoping Keith Elison gets the DNC chair.
Old November 11, 2016, 07:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Yes Sanders was the man.
Old November 11, 2016, 09:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Sheikh Hasina Congratulates Trump

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7408436.html

Quote:
While on the campaign trail, President-elect Trump may also have claimed – falsely – that thousands of Muslims in New Jersey “where you have large Arab populations” were cheering when the Twin Towers came down in the September 11 attacks.

That, though, does not seem to have stopped the prime minister of the country with the fourth largest Muslim population in the world from appearing to welcome Donald Trump with open arms and a fawning letter now he has been elected US President.

Either through genuine conviction or diplomatic necessity, Sheikh Hasina, prime minister of Bangladesh, home to 145 million Muslims, has wasted no time in congratulating Mr Trump and heaping praise on his “extraordinary leadership to serving the American people and global humanity.”

The letter, which follows United Nations protocol in addressing Mr Trump as “Excellency”, cordially invites him and his wife Melania to Bangladesh, and pays tribute to “the warm, friendly people of the United States.”

There is no mention of Mr Trump’s campaign comments, the Islamophobia of some of his supporters, or the fact that delighted ex- Klu Klux Klan ‘grand wizard’ David Duke has claimed “our people played a huge role in electing Trump.”

“Excellency,” Ms Hasina’s letter begins, “On behalf of the Government and the people of Bangladesh, I convey our congratulations to you on your election as the 45th President of the United States of America.

“Your victory is certainly a testimony to your extraordinary leadership quality to serving the American people and also the global humanity.”
Old November 11, 2016, 09:35 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ what you want her to do, say something that would make Bangladesh a target? lol. This way now Donald wouldn't even know what Bangladesh is. I'm sure it's just regulation. But I don't get all the self praising in this letter. "See for yourself the phenomenal development that took place in Bangladesh in the recent years." I saw her sitting next to her staff writer with her hands directing around, you know typical brown gestures, and saying, "lekh, lekh, 'ashe dekha jaan all the unotti(?) ami korsi ai deshy'. Ashen, kalkai ashen.' lekh, lekh."

Staff writer rolls are eyes and tries to come up with something more appropriate as she dangles her legs on the chair like a child-burri, with a giant grin on her, looking around her room, probably imagining Trump meeting her.
Old November 12, 2016, 02:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

@Rifat: I read that article yesterday. I didn't know The Independent valued BD so much. If they were looking for a Muslim country as an example, why not go for Saudi Arabia? Saudi King Congratulates Trump on his Election: http://english.aawsat.com/2016/11/ar...trump-election

Or the great Pakistan: http://dunyanews.tv/en/Pakistan/3602...over-US-electi

What Hasina did was the right thing to do. Trump is not going to negatively affect BD (BD immigrants might suffer though unfortunately). We have got nothing in the last 8 years during the Obama regime from the USA. Better to feed Trump's ego and try to regain some advantages like GSP. Good diplomacy.
Old November 12, 2016, 02:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
^ what you want her to do, say something that would make Bangladesh a target? lol. This way now Donald wouldn't even know what Bangladesh is. I'm sure it's just regulation. But I don't get all the self praising in this letter. "See for yourself the phenomenal development that took place in Bangladesh in the recent years." I saw her sitting next to her staff writer with her hands directing around, you know typical brown gestures, and saying, "lekh, lekh, 'ashe dekha jaan all the unotti(?) ami korsi ai deshy'. Ashen, kalkai ashen.' lekh, lekh."

Staff writer rolls are eyes and tries to come up with something more appropriate as she dangles her legs on the chair like a child-burri, with a giant grin on her, looking around her room, probably imagining Trump meeting her.
He knows what BD is- the place to get the cheapest labor for making the Trump brand shirts and stuff. Ironic much?
Old November 12, 2016, 07:01 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shabbir and Taskin.

Lamestream media resort to bullying Trump kid to achieve their liberal agenda is beyond me. Boo! And it's after the Republican win.

Another reason Trump won coz of the mindless liberal biased Media trying to win Hillary defeated her by making the White Americans believe 'Media is Liar'. When you directly sponsor that you are supporting Democrat then people obviously won't listen to your negative Trump reviews..because hey you yourselve said it you won't let Trump win.

Media also lost in 9th Nov.

Last edited by Anik SH; November 12, 2016 at 08:50 AM..
Old November 12, 2016, 11:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

can you spot the troll in this video?
Old November 12, 2016, 12:32 PM
Cricket Sage

^^ The last guy sounded just like you iDumb
Old November 12, 2016, 08:24 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Have to say those are some of the most thought-out and balanced views on this election I've heard so far, in comparison to what's going on out here, in public or our media. But again, just like Hasina, they seem way too concerned about USA-BAN as if that's all people are here talking about. Trump never said he'd kick out Bangladeshi people specifically, lmao.

And that kid with his anti-mainstream media with a Putin in his screen. Freaking hilarious!
Old November 12, 2016, 08:49 PM
Cricket Sage

not everything is doom and gloom

http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsand...n-u-s-election

Quote:
She's a former refugee, a Muslim, a mom of three, and now the first Somali-American lawmaker in the United States.

"This really was a victory for that 8-year-old in that refugee camp," Ilhan Omar, 34, said. "This was a victory for the young woman being forced into child marriage. This was a victory for every person that's been told they have limits on their dreams."

Omar is the youngest of seven children. She and her family fled from the Somali civil war and spent four years in a refugee camp in Kenya. When she came to the United States in 1995, she spoke only Somali. As her English improved, she began translating for her grandfather at political events in the Twin Cities. Today, the Minneapolis organizer is well-versed in business administration and politics.

"I think I bring the voice of young people," Omar said. "I think I bring the voice of women in the East African community. I bring the voice of Muslims. I bring the voice of young mothers looking for opportunities."

She won House District 60B in southeast Minneapolis with 80 percent of the vote. It wasn't a surprise that Omar would win a Minnesota House seat in the reliably Democratic district: In the primary contest earlier, she beat a 22-term incumbent, and her Republican challenger suspended his campaign for family reasons. Allegations were raised during the campaign that she had illegally married her brother to commit immigration fraud; she denied the charge.

On Tuesday, as Ilhan Omar walked into a room filled with supporters, she was crushed with hugs and kisses from anyone who could touch her. For nearly 20 minutes, photographers tried desperately to capture Omar as she moved around the room in her white headscarf. When the music stopped and speakers gathered on stage, Omar sat down in the front row, beaming, next to her husband, Ahmed Hirsi. One of her children sat on her lap, and her two other kids stood by her.

"Minneapolis said no tonight, said no to hatred," Habon Abdulle said. She's the executive director of the Minneapolis group Women Organizing Women Network.

"Minneapolis said no to the narrative of making America hate again. Minneapolis tonight said yes to diversity. Minneapolis, and [the] 60B district particularly, you said Muslim women have space in the governing body of our state. Thank you."

When Omar's husband took the microphone, he got the crowd laughing when he started to describe strong, black, Muslim women.

"For those men — wooo! — let me tell you something," Hirsi said. "When you see a strong, African, Muslim woman, don't be afraid, no, you know what, appreciate that. That's the model, that's the new 2016, going into 2017."

Omar and her children joined him on stage as the crowd started to chant, "Ilhan, Ilhan, Ilhan."

She honored her grandfather first, thanking him for his many lessons, then her dad and finally her supporters.

"Our campaign has been about more than just uniting a district, more than winning back the House, more than making history," Omar said. "Our campaign has been about shifting narratives, restoring hope and re-establishing access in our democracy."

She told the crowd she would work on an agenda focused on justice and the common good, zero waste and renewable energy.

"And we will never stop fighting for a democracy that works for all of us, for a prosperous and equitable Minnesota that we will all be proud of," she said. "I will never give up fighting for you, and I hope you will never give up fighting for me."

Omar's mentor and friend, Minneapolis City Council member Andrew Johnson, said he knew long ago that she would make history.

"I had no doubt that Ilhan would get here. The big question is: What's the path an individual takes?" Johnson said. "And I just think she's just naturally a great leader."

Mohamed Omar Giama couldn't agree more. The 90-year-old former Somali ambassador to the European Commission said he was overjoyed witnessing history.

"I never thought a Somali lady, a refugee, can get through all this hardship and difficulties to get elected to Minnesota parliament," said Giama, who attended her victory party. "It's wonderful," he said, "just wonderful.
Old November 13, 2016, 01:19 AM
Cricket Sage

I highly doubt Trump himself will remain in power for 4 years. He may be impeached or suffer the fate of John F. Kennedy. He is an outsider after all.