facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old March 22, 2016, 04:49 PM
be_friend_13 be_friend_13 is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 17, 2005
Location: San Diego
Favorite Player: Tendulkar & Jonty Rhodes
Posts: 266

^ You scared him away. So many of you have your claws out to pounce on anyone who happens to have an opinion based on historical facts. I dont think he was here to show anyone, anything. He was merely expressing what he personally felt thats backed up with historical results. Besides, Indians and Aussies dont get along for him to be our spokesperson.

Instead, doesnt hurt to be a lil less arrogant and lil more gracious in your responses to a supposed arrogant post. They can afford to be arrogant considering they have facts and numbers to back up their claims. BD has been doing well but if we all agree that respect can be earned and not snatched, you have to put your head down and move on if someone has mean things to say to you or the team as the numbers dont favor you as yet. Just my personal opinion.
Reply With Quote

  #102  
Old March 22, 2016, 04:53 PM
Vepu Vepu is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: December 25, 2012
Location: Savar
Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD
Posts: 3,357

Quote:
Originally Posted by be_friend_13
^ You scared him away.

Instead, doesnt hurt to be a lil less arrogant and lil more gracious in your responses to a supposed arrogant post. They can afford to be arrogant considering they have facts and numbers to back up their claims. BD has been doing well but if we all agree that respect can be earned and not snatched, you have to put your head down and move on if someone has mean things to say to you or the team as the numbers dont favor you as yet. Just my personal opinion.
Oh so you want us to just take it and shut up because our team is weaker. We should always keep our head down in front of the arrogant fans of 'stronger' teams? Because their team is stronger so they are godly. Our team is weaker so we are servants. Which society do you live in?
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old March 22, 2016, 04:56 PM
Roey Haque's Avatar
Roey Haque Roey Haque is online now
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 26, 2012
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Posts: 4,291

Quote:
Originally Posted by be_friend_13
^ You scared him away.
No, I think he got the hammer.

Anyway,moving on. Hope Nasir plays tomorrow instead of Sajib. I had rated Sajib after BPL, especially BPL 2013, but after looking at him last night, he was throwing darts, not bowling.
__________________
God has put a permanent curse on the Bd team because they have not gotten rid of Rahim.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old March 22, 2016, 04:57 PM
be_friend_13 be_friend_13 is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 17, 2005
Location: San Diego
Favorite Player: Tendulkar & Jonty Rhodes
Posts: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepu
Oh so you want us to just take it and shut up because our team is weaker. We should always keep our head down in front of the arrogant fans of 'stronger' teams? Because their team is stronger so they are godly. Our team is weaker so we are servants. Which society do you live in?
Stop twisting my words. In simple words, what I meant to express is, you cannot afford to be arrogant like him as you dont have the cricket results (historical or present) to back it up.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old March 22, 2016, 05:04 PM
Vepu Vepu is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: December 25, 2012
Location: Savar
Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD
Posts: 3,357

Quote:
Originally Posted by be_friend_13
Stop twisting my words. In simple words, what I meant to express is, you cannot afford to be arrogant like him as you dont have the cricket results (historical or present) to back it up.
So now you gonna decide how much arrogant a Bangladeshi fan can be? That is what you tryna say, right?
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old March 22, 2016, 05:05 PM
be_friend_13 be_friend_13 is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 17, 2005
Location: San Diego
Favorite Player: Tendulkar & Jonty Rhodes
Posts: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepu
So now you gonna decide how much arrogant a Bangladeshi fan can be? That is what you tryna say, right?
Not sure whats up with you. If all you are trying to do is pick up a fight, I am not very interested. Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old March 22, 2016, 05:07 PM
Vepu Vepu is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: December 25, 2012
Location: Savar
Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD
Posts: 3,357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
No, I think he got the hammer.

Anyway,moving on. Hope Nasir plays tomorrow instead of Sajib. I had rated Sajib after BPL, especially BPL 2013, but after looking at him last night, he was throwing darts, not bowling.
Sajib was not throwing darts. He was turning the ball but his length was not right. But you cant blame him when he reached Banglore the day before after sleeping whole night at airport
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old March 22, 2016, 05:08 PM
Vepu Vepu is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: December 25, 2012
Location: Savar
Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD
Posts: 3,357

Quote:
Originally Posted by be_friend_13
Not sure whats up with you. If all you are trying to do is pick up a fight, I am not very interested. Thank you
Do not tell me how to act, that is all. You welcome.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old March 22, 2016, 05:22 PM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 19,679

Vepu calm down, its almost fazar time in Savar. Go out for a morning walk
__________________
I have given up on Bangladesh cricket. I refuse to forget every pain Bangladesh cricket team has brought after a win here and there
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old March 22, 2016, 05:35 PM
tiger1000's Avatar
tiger1000 tiger1000 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 23, 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 4,196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepu
Sajib was not throwing darts. He was turning the ball but his length was not right. But you cant blame him when he reached Banglore the day before after sleeping whole night at airport
He turned one...

he's a bum, always been one and always will be, and it's not a reaction to the game, I said it before too
__________________
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much- Oscar Wilde.


Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old March 22, 2016, 05:35 PM
MohammedShamim MohammedShamim is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: April 9, 2013
Posts: 3,252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepu
Sajib was not throwing darts. He was turning the ball but his length was not right. But you cant blame him when he reached Banglore the day before after sleeping whole night at airport
I can blame him for having a economy of 7.4/5 being a SLA bowler in T20 domestic, utter disgrace!
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old March 22, 2016, 05:40 PM
IndYeah IndYeah is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: March 2, 2016
Posts: 411

Some excitable folks on here. I hope we have a good game of cricket, and the 2 bangla batsman I like - Mahmudullah and Sarkar play well. And then India will mop the game up without too much fuss
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old March 22, 2016, 05:41 PM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 19,679

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndYeah
Some excitable folks on here. I hope we have a good game of cricket, and the 2 bangla batsman I like - Mahmudullah and Sarkar play well. And then India will mop the game up without too much fuss
India is well capable of doing that, but I hope IndYeah dont mop the forum up if opposite happens
__________________
I have given up on Bangladesh cricket. I refuse to forget every pain Bangladesh cricket team has brought after a win here and there
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old March 22, 2016, 05:42 PM
Vepu Vepu is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: December 25, 2012
Location: Savar
Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD
Posts: 3,357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Vepu calm down, its almost fazar time in Savar. Go out for a morning walk
Read my post above. Will ya?
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old March 22, 2016, 05:49 PM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 19,679

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepu
Read my post above. Will ya?
lol with end part of the post you just made my post valid.
__________________
I have given up on Bangladesh cricket. I refuse to forget every pain Bangladesh cricket team has brought after a win here and there
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old March 22, 2016, 05:49 PM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 24,146

Let's hope we bat 2nd because no matter what we score Koheli will chase it down.
__________________
সবাই সুখে সুখী হলে বলো তবে হবে কে ভবঘুরে
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old March 22, 2016, 05:49 PM
Tausif's Avatar
Tausif Tausif is offline
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 9, 2015
Location: Gotham City
Favorite Player: Fizz
Posts: 2,897

Quote:
Originally Posted by senman
My fellow Indians please do avoid this thread as you will be branded as a troll and abused a lot for friendly banters.
Friendly banter is the last thing your posts are. Maybe back in the day but all you do these days is come here and try to cause disruption with your snide remarks.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old March 22, 2016, 05:51 PM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 19,679

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Let's hope we bat 2nd because no matter what we score Koheli will chase it down.
saw a funny meme in FB. it said kohli chases so well that if he ran in the 100m at the Olympics he'll win the silver medal!
__________________
I have given up on Bangladesh cricket. I refuse to forget every pain Bangladesh cricket team has brought after a win here and there
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old March 22, 2016, 05:55 PM
Shubho Shubho is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: September 20, 2002
Posts: 3,487

How likely is it that Fizz will help us bowl India out for less than 70 and that we chase that down in 8 overs?
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old March 22, 2016, 05:58 PM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 24,146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
saw a funny meme in FB. it said kohli chases so well that if he ran in the 100m at the Olympics he'll win the silver medal!
hehe, good one
__________________
সবাই সুখে সুখী হলে বলো তবে হবে কে ভবঘুরে
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Old March 22, 2016, 06:02 PM
Shubho Shubho is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: September 20, 2002
Posts: 3,487

If we bowl India out for less than 100 and chase it down in less than 10 overs we can pole-vault to No. 2 in the group!

Hope springs eternal!
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old March 22, 2016, 06:20 PM
be_friend_13 be_friend_13 is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 17, 2005
Location: San Diego
Favorite Player: Tendulkar & Jonty Rhodes
Posts: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tausif
Friendly banter is the last thing your posts are. Maybe back in the day but all you do these days is come here and try to cause disruption with your snide remarks.
Or maybe your level of tolerance is so low that you literally chased an Australian out of the post because he expressed his views and every Indian comment comes across as either snide or humiliating. I was hoping its would be a competitive game tomorrow but I just want my team to be ruthless in the match at Bangalore. FB BD fans are not the only ones, we've got people like Vepu that spoil the party for you.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old March 22, 2016, 06:25 PM
Shubho Shubho is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: September 20, 2002
Posts: 3,487

Everbody relax. Take a deep breath. No need to be jumpy.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old March 22, 2016, 06:45 PM
Tausif's Avatar
Tausif Tausif is offline
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 9, 2015
Location: Gotham City
Favorite Player: Fizz
Posts: 2,897

Quote:
Originally Posted by be_friend_13
Or maybe your level of tolerance is so low that you literally chased an Australian out of the post because he expressed his views and every Indian comment comes across as either snide or humiliating. I was hoping its would be a competitive game tomorrow but I just want my team to be ruthless in the match at Bangalore. FB BD fans are not the only ones, we've got people like Vepu that spoil the party for you.
My level of tolerance? I chased an Australian out of the post? Stop lumping all the BD fans together, not all of us are childish like that. And I'm sure there are many that spoil the party for us BD fans, we have tons on this forum as well. That doesn't mean ALL of us are bad.

As for my post, it was one and only intended for Senman who has a good reputation of posting snide remarks these days and does anything opposite of "friendly banter". And nowhere in my post did I say all Indian fans nor targeted anyone else in particular so chill out
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old March 22, 2016, 06:49 PM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 5,270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
How likely is it that Fizz will help us bowl India out for less than 70 and that we chase that down in 8 overs?
I would say 98%. Fiz and tamim together > whole Indian team.
__________________
Life is too short, have an affair
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket